NEWS

What's your tabletop look like?

• 11 Replies

adzling

« on: <05-11-15/1124:04> »
Hoi Chummers been meaning to post this for a while now.

This is a photo of our setup.

We use a 46" LCD laid on it's back for player/ map view.
This is driven by a laptop running Realmworks (currently).
Figures are all lead ones, most of the original FASA releases under either Grenadier or Ral Partha.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #1 on: <05-11-15/1837:38> »
unfortunately the technology to show you the thoughts inside my head is not currently available, so you will have to instead imagine a 6' long 32" wide folding table with chairs around it  :( however how it looks in my mind is SOOOO much freakin better :D

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #2 on: <05-11-15/1845:31> »
Our table varies every month but common to them all is their dual purpose as dining tables, only stacked up with mountains of snack bags, beer cans and the occasional rulebook. Additional decoration comes in the form of crayon marks and scratches left behind by extremely young runners. Battle maps are handled by using pen&paper, toy cars and Lego blocks. Tables and are the only high technology devices at our table, used primarily for reference.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

adzling

« Reply #3 on: <05-11-15/2050:30> »
Our table varies every month but common to them all is their dual purpose as dining tables, only stacked up with mountains of snack bags, beer cans and the occasional rulebook. Additional decoration comes in the form of crayon marks and scratches left behind by extremely young runners. Battle maps are handled by using pen&paper, toy cars and Lego blocks. Tables and are the only high technology devices at our table, used primarily for reference.

That's cool, pictures or it didn't happen!

Sithlis

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-11-15/2231:25> »
Using the tv is cool but it would never work with my group.  One of the guys is basically an ogre errr  troll and has a tendency to break things.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #5 on: <05-12-15/0340:27> »
Imagine a small cramped space with no floor visible filled with card tables, folding chairs, and laptops. Most weeks there's piles of soda and one of the mini rotisserie chickens I picked up. It's always a million degrees, even if it's raining in the (any season here, we don't believe in seasons.) and the windows are open. Gives me an excuse to wear stockings and skirts. That's a good idea for a TV, though I'm not sure I'd want to see mine scratched to hell though.

I'll have to take a picture just so everyone can see how small of a space 8 people will fit in.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #6 on: <06-04-15/1055:02> »
Currently my most regular table looks like this.

My colleagues and I try to have a game every Thursday, during lunch break :)

Almost at the end of Splintered State...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #7 on: <06-04-15/1517:33> »
Add beer bottles and you have my table too....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

RiggerBob

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <06-04-15/1538:43> »
I prefer the more low-tech approach... http://gamerboard.tp-media.at/shop/index.php/en/shop-overview/category/view/1

Sooner or later my gaming group would damage a LCD...  ::)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <06-05-15/0211:49> »
We also play at the dinner table of whoever's house we're playing at.  For technology we use smartphones (to quickly look up a city map or picture) and I have an iPad where I put my rule books on.  I bring the core rule book in paper, but the others I mostly only have on PDF so I bring them on the tablet.  Most of the times one or more of the players have a laptop with them as well, so between all those we can manage.  We normally don't use miniatures and maps (like buildings or caves or things like that), are just a scetch on a piece of paper.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Ech0

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <06-06-15/0437:07> »
Here's our usual table, slash recording room for our german Actual Play Podcast "Die SchattenSpieler.  :)

Magnaric

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <06-07-15/2203:27> »
We play in my living room, since I'm the GM. My setup is using a couple of the old 1E maps, laminated for use with dry erase markers, and I take one part of the table for my notes and such. I've got a GM binder with a calendar, floor plans and maps, campaign info, plots, and custom Seattle security ratings behind the screen, but I mention those because they sometimes get put out on the table for general reference. Also got my NPC binder and stacks of books (we have almost all 4E ones and a smattering of other edition ones) to the side. And behind me is my desktop comp, where I play background music and have access to the Google.

https://fbcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xat1/v/t1.0-0/s600x600/11209548_10153039564511799_3745909579735450537_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=27bcfd1a35d8f6514cbfceb6e3fb83c9&oe=55EA0388&__gda__=1441587849_d79684059cdadb1c359189d8ed4648c3
« Last Edit: <06-07-15/2210:07> by Magnaric »
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp