NEWS

[5e IC] Circles of Power [2076 Game Thread]

• 1361 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1125 on: <08-31-15/0858:36> »
[Tobbis -??? - Current condition 7 Stun damage -
"Well, I could post things on the matrix, I've got a few friends who could make it a meme."

<<Tweedle-Dee - Mask. Tweedle-Dum Suit!>>

Tobis commands his sprites, "The hell happened to her?" he asks as Natasha runs off a lot more agile than she was when he remembered her.

[spoiler]42 posts added to sheet 47th post
Initiive: 1d6+7 8
Tweddle-Dee Diagnostics on his mask: 12d6t5 4
Tweddle-Dum Diagnostics on his suit: 12d6t5 2

[/spoiler]
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1126 on: <09-01-15/0008:27> »
[Jackhammer -Thursday June 18th, 2076 - Leaving cafe - Guard Detail - Current condition 0 damage - full body armor]
Aaron grabs for Natasha, but finds her surprisingly, indeed supernaturally, agile. He almost breaks away when he realizes that the job is about the doctor, and not about the daughter. A tension flares within him as he struggles with the decision to let go of someone under his protection to protect someone else. Previously he'd only ever dealt with one principal. Now suddenly the equation was different, and he wasn't sure how he should handle things. Professional training collided with snap judgments, feelings of fear and guilt, and adrenaline-fueled reflex. But in that moment's hesitation, Isaint and Spike were already gone after the girl. Nobody better. Aaron thought as he recalled the man's level-headedness and combat expertise.

The Frenchman was surprisingly swift with his sidearm, leveling it against some crazy elf child. Aaron knew better than to question such a thing in this place. Anyone not pointing a gun at the family was alright by him, and even someone pointing a gun at them might be worth a second thought if they weren't pulling the trigger. Magic was strange, and assumptions were not a luxury Aaron could afford. He himself drew his bow, loading it with a shock arrow in case Natasha needed to be brought down. He didn't like it, but splitting up the family was much too dangerous, Natasha didn't seem to be herself, and someone else might need shooting just the same. Better to have the arrow ready either way.

[spoiler]Initiative [3d6+12=4, 6, 1] 23
34 posts[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-01-15/0609:36> by pistolgrip »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1127 on: <09-01-15/0249:45> »
[spoiler]
Spending Edge for reroll:
Edge Reroll: 9d6t5 3 [9d6t5=3, 6, 2, 1, 1, 5, 6, 2, 2]
5 successes total
[/spoiler]
Having Spike at his side proved to be the deciding factor: His dark and loud barking made people instinctively jump aside, allowing Isaint to increase his speed.
Now and again he saw glimpses of the girl's hair. Why on earth had Goodnight given her speed but no protection against mental influence? He wanted to curse, but he kept his breath. Instead he mentally commanded his Agent:
<<Susi use Agent Cluster, put trace on the taser of Natasha and track her physical location>>
With a second thought he opened another line: <<Tobis, stop goofing around and put a trace on the girl as well as the rest of the family.>>

[spoiler]
Agent action:
(assuming I have ownership):
Trace Icon: Agent Trace Icon: 12d6t5 5
vs. Willpower Natasha

If I do not have ownership:

If necessary:
Matrix Perception to find silent running icon:Agent Susi (Matrix Perception): 12d6t5 3 [12d6t5=6, 1, 5, 4, 6, 3, 2, 2, 2, 4, 4, 3]
vs. Logic Natasha

Hack on the Fly: Two MARKs:
Teamwork check:
Teamwork Agent 1: 6d6t5 1 [6d6t5=5, 3, 1, 4, 3, 2]
Teamwork Agent 2: 6d6t5 2 [6d6t5=2, 3, 3, 6, 5, 1]
Teamwork Agent 3: 6d6t5 2 [6d6t5=2, 5, 3, 3, 6, 3]
Teamwork Agent 4: 6d6t5 2 [6d6t5=5, 5, 1, 4, 3, 3]
+4 Limit +6 Dice

Agent (Susi) Agent Susi (HotF two Marks): 14d6t5 4
vs Device rating 2: 4d6t5 2
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-01-15/0428:55> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1128 on: <09-01-15/1011:43> »
[Thursday June 18th, 2076, ~10:25, Nightside Market, London Below, London]

Isaint broke out of the crowd in time to see Natasha buried in a tender embrace by a bloody big troll standing at one of the exits of Nightside.  Her horns nearly scraped the roof of the cavern overhead but of most note was the extensive thorn tattooing on her face and flowers scrimshawed into her horns.  She was flanked by two whipcord thin elves with similar ink who nonchalantly surveyed Isaint as he stepped clear

“Move along overworlder, the Lady has requested Ward of the House of Flowers.  We recognise a kindred spirit and are granting that boon…”

Al ushered the remaining family back away from the crowd, the atmosphere suddenly more hostile with the appearance of drawn weapons and what’s left of the group is glad to be able to seek shelter in the door of a nearby shop.  Incense wafts out, a heady combination of jasmine and francincence.  A haggard old orc lifts her creaking bones out of the chair behind the counter, her yellowed and cracked tusks grinning up at the runners

“How can House Laésal assist you fine people…?”

She has a tattoo of a thorned branch twisting down the side of her wrinkled face…it appears to be weeping tears of blood…

« Last Edit: <11-08-16/0839:48> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1129 on: <09-01-15/1030:55> »
"This girl is a minor and her parents do not consent to your actions. If she is willing, you can contact her when she turns 18.
Until then you have no right to take her. Do you really intent to take a child from her poor mother? There is no honor in such action.
Desist and there will be no need for violence."

'Especially since this gun is only loaded with Narcoject and you Fuckers will probably just evade the bullets anyway'
<<Team: Code Red - Goodnights cronies intent to abduct the daughter for recruiting as a "Ward of House of Flowers".>>

Again Isaint prayed silently to the saints to grant him their protection.
[spoiler]
AGI Boost: 7d6t5 0
AGI Boost (try again): 6d6t5 3 [6d6t5=6, 6, 4, 3, 2, 5]

[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <09-02-15/1527:49> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #1130 on: <09-01-15/1310:10> »
As Spike was throating a viciously low growl from his position behind Isaint's left knee, Al was on the other side of the marketplace firmly shutting the door of the first shop they'd found to duck into.

And by all the whiskers in Moses' beard, if they hadn't walked into the inner sanctum of flower-child hippy-witchery. He half expected the old crone to hand him a poison apple, but figured right now he needed all the friends he could get.

First, though, he took three seconds to subvocalize a text into his lapel mic, sending <<If you can git here soonest, owe you a serious solid. House o' Laesal herb shop.>> to Requiem.

Then, letting his Remington hang limply from its strap and willing the astral brass knucks off his hand, he approached the old hag while taking an obviously deep whiff of the shop. Eyes watering from the pungent patchouli pastiche, he forced his most wolfish smile and said, "Hey, that's some nice ink ya got there. Whaddaya think o' mine?"

And shrugging his jacket off of his right shoulder he revealed the woman on his arm, clad only in a neckace of carnations. Obligingly, he flexed his diminutive bicep, making her hips sway back and forth.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1131 on: <09-01-15/2218:39> »
[Tobbis -??? - Current condition 7 Stun damage -
Tobbis blinks as he stares at the comm message, following after the rest of the group into the witch's coven. <<Right.. let me get right on figuring out how to hack flesh and blood. Seriously.. I could put a tracer on their guns you all seemed to have given out so graciously, but on the people, you'll need a mage for that. >>

The small technomancer grumbles before glancing over the rest of the family with his technovision. He needed to see if they had anything wireless on at least.

[spoiler]42 posts added to sheet 47th post
Initiive: 1d6+7 8
Tweddle-Dee Diagnostics on his mask: 12d6t5 4
Tweddle-Dum Diagnostics on his suit: 12d6t5 2

Matrix Perception: 8d6t5 3     8d6t5: 3 [8d6t5=1, 3, 5, 6, 3, 3, 6, 4]
[/spoiler]
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1132 on: <09-01-15/2246:35> »
The Frenchman covered the rest of the family with Jackhammer when Al ushered them all in to the shop. His boosted olfactory senses automatically picked up on the scent and went on filter mode to not be overloaded by the perfumes.

Upon hearing ISaint, the Frenchman wanted to run out and go help him. Code red meant danger. And he couldn't afford to lose the man who knew about his past.

Sorry to sound rude and rushed, but we are the latter. House Laésa can assist us with some quick information right now. "Ward of House of Flowers", what does that mean? What can be done to our get the person the forced into their side?

The Frenchman took a good look at Al, Jackhammer and Tobbis. He cursed. Going to help ISaint and Natasha would mean thinning even more the team protecting the assets.

I gotta go help him, he said out loud, hoping to hear a nay or yay from his companions.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

adamu

« Reply #1133 on: <09-02-15/0441:43> »
Eyes and smile still on the ork lady, Al had heard Isaint's call for help in his earbud.
Yeah, they were thin here, and things could go south any minute.
But Isaint was thinner, and things had already gone south for him.

He quickly caught the Frenchman's eye and tipped his head toward the door.

"So yeah," he continued to the ork crone, "what's a House o' Flowers? An'...ya got a back way outta here?"

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1134 on: <09-02-15/2140:23> »
Aaron noticed the others reacting to some apparent message from Isaint. He cursed and found his comm in his pocket, somehow turned off again. He powered it up and waited what seemed like minutes for the boot to complete. He made a mental note to purchase a new one when he had the time. These guys were probably making fun of him behind his back about his 2 year old budget model. Apparently Shadowrunners take all of their tech seriously.

As the Frenchman made his exit, Aaron did a quick headcount to make sure there was at least one man per family member. Technically there were, if you could count present company as "men". "I guess that's what people think about orks too..." he thought idly. He watched the door to make sure they weren't followed.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1135 on: <09-03-15/0838:38> »
[Thursday June 18th, 2076, ~10:25, Nightside Market, London Below, London]

Sorry to sound rude and rushed, but we are the latter. House Laésal can assist us with some quick information right now. "Ward of House of Flowers", what does that mean? What can be done to our get the person the forced into their side?

The old orc woman chuckled at the flurry of questions, reaching down to stroke the head of a distressingly familiar elf child’s head where he’s crouched behind the counter

"So yeah, what's a House o' Flowers? An'...ya got a back way outta here?"

“We are the House of Flowers.  ‘Ole Beth don’t think you fine gentlemen look the sort to be granted Ward, you have to the right sort, but meybe I’m misreading you?  Here…” and she picks up a small twist of paper from the counter “this would be a way outta here…”

<<If you can git here soonest, owe you a serious solid. House o' Laesal herb shop.>>

<<@Al [Req]: Laésal? What are you doing with those degenerates?  I’ve not been down here long but I know Hecate has some serious issues with them over some past deed.  I’ll see what I can do about backing you up, no doubt some of this lot will come too when I let them know you’re dealing with the thorny types!>>

"This girl is a minor and her parents do not consent to your actions. If she is willing, you can contact her when she turns 18. Until then you have no right to take her. Do you really intent to take a child from her poor mother? There is no honor in such action.  Desist and there will be no need for violence."

The troll laughed, a disturbingly deep honeyed sound

“Overworlders and their rules…it does not work like that down here pretty boy!  She has asked for Ward and it has been granted, she is under the protection of House Laésal now.  She isn’t claimed by one of the other Houses now is she?  That would be a different matter entirely.  I think not though, I would have heard…she will make a pretty toy.  Now go away, you are boring me!  If you want to live much longer down here I suggest you hire a guide, Below is not a place for the likes of you!”

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1136 on: <09-03-15/0917:37> »
"So be it." Isaint looked down dejected and lowered his gun, switched the safety on and gripped it by the barrel.
"But at least let me grant her a parting gift - something to protect her from the consequences of bad decisions..."
He stopped, turning to Spike: "Shh, Spike, don't go near them, I don't want you to get hurt."
Straigthening again he made to fling the gun in his hand towards the troll: "Catch."

[spoiler]
Ok, this is a bit complicated, so bear with me:

First, Isaint's doing a bit of Fast Talk to distract the three: Con(Fast Talk): 11d6t5 4 [11d6t5=5, 3, 4, 6, 5, 1, 1, 4, 5, 2, 1]
This is followed by a Palming Check to take a gas grenade from his pocket:
Palming: 14d6t5 4 [14d6t5=2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 3, 6, 4, 5, 5, 2, 6]
Thanks to ambidexterity, he is not actually throwing the gun in his hand but the grenade

I'm counting here on the fact that most people just see what they believe happens.

Throwing: 9d6t5 4  [9d6t5=2, 3, 6, 6, 2, 5, 1, 3, 5]

Straight hit into (hopefully) waiting hands. Motion triggered it will explode as soon as it has decelerated.

Why am I doing it that complicated? So they don't use an interrupt action to flee from the gas radius. Also the automatic systems should have problems recognizing it as an attack.

The grenade is filled with DMSO+Narcoject, making it a contact vector toxin of Power 15
A generous GM might increase its power thanks to it exploding in the trolls hands

Afterwards Isaint goes on full defense and prays to all the saints...  ;D
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #1137 on: <09-03-15/1238:05> »
Al's commlink converted Requiem's text into sound for his earbud, and even as he heard the big sammie's assessment of the Flowers, the reality of their situation quickly fell into place as he spotted the kid. The kid that had put his friend down and forced them to leave him to the mercies of the freakish crowds outside. Frenchie had spared the little vermin's life, but Al wasn't sure he could. He was sick of losing mates, and sicker still of having to abandon them, even if it was in the name of their shared charge of protecting the family.

As the protective rage welled up in him, it took a real effort not to blast the kid and the old crone right there - and he didn't mind if it showed in his craggy, weather-lined face.

But that might bring the crowd in here, which, unlike these child molesters, was a threat they couldn't protect the Pelletieres from. And hell, this poor kid was probably an innocent pawn in their abominable schemes anyway.

"Oh, you ain't misread us, you perverted old whore. Sure as the remainin' seconds o' yer miserable life are lookin' numbered, we ain't the ward types. Naw, we's on the other side o' the equation. That girl is our ward. An' if we was ta lose 'er, well, then ol' Al'd have ta claim two lives fer the the one that was lost. An'  like the wrathful deity of the Old Testament, I ain't gon' be no respecter o' persons."

He punctuated his threat by slapping a burn-scarred hand down flat on the countertop, trapping the old hand that fingered the packet of powdered mischief.

"So less'n you figure the addition o' one new joygirl ta yer stable's worth death by gutshot fer you an' the brat, you'll git that girl back here an' pronto."

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1138 on: <09-03-15/1315:55> »
It was a hard decision for The Frenchman. Upon seeing the kid he knew no one was safe in this shop. And should he go help ISaint, he would leave his other companions and the rest of the Family exposed. It was clear however that in order to succeed they had to be a unified team that could trust each others. And He trusted Al, Jackhammer and Tobbis to be able to handle the old orc aldy and the kid and keep protecting the Pelletiers.

The Frenchman sprung out of the shop like a hound out of his racing box. He figured if anyone would attempt to shoot him, speed and random change of direction was his best chance. Using all of his gymnastic abilities to avoid the crowd, he sprinted in the direction taken by ISaint.
As he closed the distance he saw the small liquid explosion splashing on the three kidnappers and Natasha. He wasn't sure what was in the grenade but recognized what ISaint had done as a smart move.

He finished his sprint with a roll that brought him in a knelled down position a meter or so away from ISaint. His gun pointing at the Kidnappers, his eyes scanning for aggressive reaction from the remaining crowd. You're covered! is all that he said to ISaint.
[spoiler]
Sprint: 13d6t5 2

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-03-15/1342:10> by obidancer »
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1139 on: <09-04-15/0420:27> »
"Hey there"
<<Careful, that's DMSO+Narcoject - but they might do something bad before it takes>>

Isaints free hand was already slipping again into his coat and retrieving one of his tasers.

« Last Edit: <09-04-15/0704:51> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix