NEWS

[5e IC] Circles of Power [2076 Game Thread]

• 1361 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #270 on: <06-01-15/1231:20> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, ~23:32, Various Locations, Oxford]

@Main Team [Al, Snow Crash, Isaint, Daddy, Duke, Jackhammer]:

Isaint and Al at the top of the stairs target the foe that appeared in the doorway to the office identified as belonging to the Doctor…not good, it implied they won the race, at least so far…but there’s one less of them as Isaint and Al’s combined fire drove the dark suited figure back out of sight in a welter of blood…

Snow Crash to Doctor Richard Pelletiere [Dr. Richard, my name is Snow Crash, I'm part of the extraction team hired by Art seeking to secure you and your family safely. As you have no doubt heard things have gotten complicated, a rival team has shown up and there's a firefight going on. My primary concern is to make sure you don't get caught in any crossfire, I'm going to ask two things of you. Firstly for now, stay where you are, if your office has any cover, I would suggest making use of it. Secondly, I need you to extend me two marks on your comlink and allow me to run and maintain a trace on your physical location. This is primarily to ensure that we do not get too close while the firefight is still going on and risk you getting injured. I am presently running Matrix overwatch, more of my team are making their way towards your office once they have dealt with the other team, we also have others providing physical overwatch. Two other teams are working now to safely extract your wife and kids.

The reply is somewhat galling, the voiced masked response sounding gratingly across your comms

<<I’m sorry, the good doctor can’t come to his ‘link right now!  Thanks for the intel fragger, now tell your team to back the fuck away or we are going to redecorate the doc’s office with the contents of his brain pan!  Nobody gets the prize and the police get to pick over the evidence…and call off this fragging spirit before it really pisses me off!>>

@Randolph Team [Mel, Solo, Frenchman]:

Good to go right?  Sounds like the other team could do with your backup!  Now you just need to escape the clutches of a drake who may or may not be directing your opposition in the Maths Institute…!

@North Oxford Team [Smiley, Tobis, Hallucination]:

You have perhaps bought yourselves a moment if the actual security forces are looking in the other direction…otherwise the urgency of your mission is only compounded by the knowledge that one of the kids is potentially slipping further from your grasp and that the main extraction team has met resistance from the other runner team…

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #271 on: <06-01-15/1406:30> »
Aaron looks again at his wound, noting the lack of serious bleeding. He decides it's just some scraped skin after all. "I'll be fine." he reassures Duke. He keeps his arrow steady, waiting for the signal from inside. There was something very stressful about simply holding an arrow, waiting. At least when you're being shot at, you know what to do. But when you have over 100lb of draw and no idea when the shot is going to come, if at all, seconds are hours.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #272 on: <06-01-15/1435:56> »
Isaint moved towards the position of Foe #1, the rifle ready to shoot him down again, should he still be active.

Al reached him and Isaint whispered to him:
"Thanks for the fire support, but could you use something less lethal? What if that guy running from that office was our target person? That would seriously crimp my style and I need that payday. Last but not least, it's just common courtesy as long as the other side doesn't try to kill us..."

Isaint stopped as he received the message scrolling through his visual cortex.
He tagged into the conversation:
<<@unknown runner: You have two unconscious chummers out here and a third that needs serious medical attention. Give us the doctor and I will let you and your remaining teammates leave without further harm.
Continue with this threat to your hostage and we will terminate you with utmost prejudice.
We might not receive a payday, but you will end up in a morgue. We have sniper support on this building and another three teams on standby, as well as air support on hold. Our mages - yes, plural - are securing the astral and our deckers have secured the matrix. There is no chance of escape.

This is your only chance.>>

[spoiler]
I don't know how much movement I have left, but Isaint moves towards the office and should see Foe #1

Since I need a simple action for movement, I'll just make a snap shot at Foe #1 as soon as I see him.

Shoot Foe #1: 15d6t5 5 [15d6t5=5, 6, 1, 3, 1, 6, 1, 1, 6, 6, 2, 4, 1, 4, 2]
11S AP-2 (Gel)

For the talk with the opposing runner, I'd make a Con (Fast Talk) roll.
Con (Fast Talk): 13d6t5 5 [13d6t5=6, 6, 1, 3, 4, 3, 3, 2, 3, 6, 6, 1, 5]

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-02-15/0250:11> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #273 on: <06-01-15/1534:08> »
Time seemed to be running out... Solo nervously considered his options...
<<Guys... lets do the vampire trick and bolt the fuck away... I'll use the spirit to augment our running speed to that of  a bike and we secure the wife and start helping the rest.>>

He also messages Snow Crash, with cc to the rest of the team.
<<Snow... I am not sure I should write it to you... The hostess in the hotel is actually a drake and a Decker... she may be the queen bee of their entire operation... or may secure other NeoNet interests... but a super spider in the vicinity of a host crush seems a bit suspicious don't you think?

P.S as usual if you need a wingman and I am not currently shooting someone, I'll be happy to help.>>

adamu

« Reply #274 on: <06-01-15/1619:52> »
Wednesday, June 17th, 2075, Oxford. Primary Extraction Team

Hostage-taking. Always the last play of the desperate defeated. Once Isaint finished his pitch, Al whispered, "Ya shouldn't'a told 'im you'd kill 'im, ya shoulda told 'im ya wouldn't kill 'im, leastways not fer a week or so." Then the little man started off in the direction he thought grenade-boy was hiding, but stopped when he recalled the ork's noble injunction. He looked back over his shoulder and sotto voced, "Ol' Al don't do fake bullets. Ya wanna keep playin' chivalry games with yer life an' our'n, that's yer row ta hoe. Yer so innerested in common courtesy, reckon I'll leave ya to sort out the talkin' side o' things. Me, I'm gon' go tree this sumbitch tryin' ta blow us up." And with that he took off in search of his quarry.
« Last Edit: <06-01-15/1637:22> by adamu »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #275 on: <06-01-15/1950:57> »
[Tobbis -Wednesday June 17th, 2076 - Following target in his Jackrabbit - Kid Extraction team - Current condition 2 Stun damage - in VR in Hot-Sim Chasing after car now- Maintaining CF on servent's commlink via focused concentration - Switching to Silent
Tobbis was certain that his two allies would be able to take down the servant while he continued he dogged pursuit of the guy leaving the manor. Surely everyone one else in the other teams wouldn't need his assistance just yet. Slipping back in to silent, he gave a few more commands to his car. First, gotta see what the guy was packing, and he would soon do a matrix perception on him

[spoiler]23th Post
So far Solo and Hal have cameras 8/10 cameras left in my possession.
Hal has a Data jack of mine

when I can do it..
Perc Commlink leaving: 13d6t5 6 13d6t5: 6 [13d6t5=6, 4, 6, 5, 3, 2, 2, 3, 5, 5, 4, 5, 2]

Questions are -
What is the Device rating of the Commlink
What is on its pan?
What grid is it on?
how long has it been running?
Is it sending out any communications?

[/spoiler]
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #276 on: <06-01-15/1952:05> »
Wednesday, June 17th, 2075, Oxford Local Grid. Primary Extraction Team

Three things happened at once that made Snow Crash's avatar literally freeze in the Matrix.

The first was the reply message from the hostage taker.

The second was a message about a nearby Drake Hacker.

The third... was a firmware update. Someone at Jackpoint had worked out some new protocols and pushed it through to every registered Decker with access. As information ont he protocols scrolled past he couldn't help but grin... sure they where more prankster like than his usual style, but he could see the uses.

First off he needed to respond to new intel.

Snow Crash to Solo [Frag! Thanks for the heads up... it does explain a lot of things. I'd ask you to keep the drake occupied, but that'd be highly counter-productive to your role. I'll keep my head down int he Matrix, and keep my eyes peeled. While you're able to keep an eye on her, lemmie know if she slips off... may be all the warning I get before she shows up here. But don't hang around!

Alright you fragger... lets see what toys you have.

[spoiler]Matrix Perception Test: Looking for hostage taker's smartgun.
Computers 6 + Intuition 5 + Perceptive 1 + Hot Sim 2 - Running Silent 2
Noise Compensation: Datajack Wireless bonus -1, Signal Scrubber -2
Matrix Perception test: 12d6t5 2 hits, Glitch.

Frag... OK next chance I get I'll look again.

Matrix Perception test: 12d6t5 6 hits
Data Processing limit 5[/spoiler]
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #277 on: <06-01-15/2031:34> »
[Wednesday, June 17th, 2076, 〜23:32, Randolph Hotel, Oxford]

Mel was trying to erase any tags their marks might have had on her when she received Solo's message. She quickly motioned for Rachel to keep quiet and to hand over her commlink, looking for a different exit to the bathroom than from the door they entered from. She sent a quick message to Solo, asking <Sugar, can you find us an alternate exit? Preferably one without any eyes on us? And don't forget to have the car ready. I'll stay over at the hotel with French, spoofing the wife's comm, while you make your way out with our girl.>
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #278 on: <06-01-15/2049:44> »
  Wednesday, June 17th, 2075, Oxford Primary Extraction Team, Condition 3 Stun, -1 penalty
Damn daddy shook his head trying to get the ringing in his ears to stop, spitting a bit of blood to the floor

Must have bit my damn tongue daddy staggered a bit before realizing someone not on the team was talking

That no good son of a bitch,I'm gonna turn him inside out daddy unintentionally growled through his teeth before he got unsteadily back to a crouch

<<All, I'm alright clipped by the flashbang, I'm going to pull my spirit off but its not going anywhere>> daddies voice hissed and slid through the mic, His voice slowly taking burbling tones

><Isaint>> I'm with Al, although i won't be as loud about it, If i see him there will be blood>>

To me my Hound daddie hissed, calling the hound back to him

[spoiler]2 Services left[/spoiler]
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #279 on: <06-02-15/0504:25> »
Solo texts Mel, cc Frenchman << Two exists... one through the parking lot. I’ll have the growler pick you up - I hope you are not shy. The other option, rush to the balcony and jump - make sure that I say it is okay to jump I’ll have some magic make sure you reach the ground unhurt and my growler to pick you up - if the growler is not fast enough due to you two riding it I can fix that too - but Frenchman has to be a good driver to prevent you from crushing into a tree or anything. Don’t surprise me if you decide to jump >>
[spoiler]are there any other exist that Solo is aware of? He did study the hotel in the way.[/spoiler]

Before joining with Solo Rachel sent a message to her husband saying that she was approached by the extraction team and is getting ready to leave.  Mel and Rachel have already swapped comlinks, and changed appearances. When Solo grabs Rachel's hand and walk with her to through the main entrance she is showing Mel's SIN and is dressed in Mel's clothes.

He contacts his spirit just to take comfort from her presence. ‘I know what you want...’ said the spirit. 'just think the word and I’ll make you guys run as fast as I can'.
« Last Edit: <06-02-15/1602:49> by gilga »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #280 on: <06-02-15/2034:37> »
The Frenchman kept the chatting going with the young looking 'Lady'
She didn't react much to hearing about an employer but he was going to try to keep her on that track and his interest and knowledge of her real skills.
I must say, the Baron wasn't too impressed not being invited here, but to be honest I think he's one of those who believe to be much more important than they really are. It's amazing how many people like to just give themselves titles and pretend to be big shots who own the place...
<<Negative, Solo. No Mojo unless fully necessary. Having a Spirit manifest here could blow all cover.>>
I insisted with the Baron, however, to be the one sent here.  You see, in spite of the appearance, I've been a big fan of you 'abilities'.

<<Exit with the target. Look casual, like just walking back to your room. Main entrance makes for great exit. My car is in the street or use the loaned vehicle in the parking lot. I handle the Lady, Mel and I will stay till you're gone. >>
He twirled the girl gracefully, in sink with the music.
So, "Milady", I certainly hope you will spare some time to further this conversation...
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #281 on: <06-04-15/0026:19> »
Solo texts Frenchman,cc Mel << Taking loaned vehicle. I am 100% with you on this one... but keep that option in mind as if our plan works it is going to be be pretty hot for you guys in there. >> Thinking with Mel disguised at the wife after sending that message if the other team goes for the family as well they will converge on the wife soon. He is lucky to be on the way out already.
« Last Edit: <06-04-15/0030:03> by gilga »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #282 on: <06-04-15/1215:56> »
When the man was knocked out, Smiley eased him to the floor.  Then, while listening for the mystic adept's astral report, he began to systematically, but quickly, clear the rooms on the ground floor, before moving upstairs.  He expected to find the boy asleep in his bed, but he knew there should be at least one more person in the house.

Sneak and spy rolls: Sneaking 3 + Agility 9(5) and Perception 4 + Intuition 4 (5 times): 5#12d6t5 4 6 4 6 4 5#8d6t5 3 5 1 1 2

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #283 on: <06-04-15/1233:25> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, ~23:32, Various Locations, Oxford]

@Main Team [Al, Snow Crash, Isaint, Daddy, Duke, Jackhammer]:

As Al and Daddy make their way around the right hand side of the atrium away from the Doctor’s office Isaint snaps off a shot at the crouched figure of their assault rifle wielding foe who doubles up over the impact of the gel round into his sternum.  The message back from the unknown runner is a curt “frag you!”

Under Snow Crash’s virtual gaze three silent running icons appear within the vicinity of the Doctor’s office and he is able to determine that at least one has smartlinked weapons in the PAN…

Outside Duke and Jackhammer can hear the muted wail of sirens…it could be coincidence but there seems to have been very few police actions since the teams had arrived on site and a crashing drone was bound to draw attention…

@Randolph Team [Mel, Solo, Frenchman]:

Solo exits quickly and quietly from the Randolph with Rachel in tow.  His senses prickled as he approached their borrowed ride, the mirrored glass of the Toyota Elite luxury sedan giving a clear view of the smartly suited black guy with long greying dreds that has pushed himself off the wall where he had been smoking a cigarette.  A subtle glance in his direction reveals that his eyes are unfocused and Solo recognises the look of someone either riding a BTL trip, or more likely in this instance, perceiving the astral realm…

As Mel departed from a side entrance a small hover drone detaches itself from the adjacent building and begins to follow her at a discrete distance down the side alley…

The Lady smiled at the Frenchman’s query, “oh yes, I am enjoying myself, you are quite the dancer…” and then she gets the faraway look in her eye of someone receiving an AR message “I’m sorry, you’ll have to excuse me a moment…”

@North Oxford Team [Smiley, Tobis, Hallucination]:

Hustling past the now downed staff member the team are into the understated opulence of North Oxford living.  Subtle stone flooring underfoot somehow manages to mute your footfalls despite its apparent hardness.  The walls are lined with real timber panels, not some cheap AR facsimile, and the staircase rising ahead of you is a stark contrast in modern glass and steel…

A head appears over the balustrade above the team  “Dave?  Who is it…?” the boy…target number one…too easy!...?

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #284 on: <06-04-15/1329:47> »
Abandoning stealth for surprise, Smiley is moving with the first word.  Taking two steps, he leaps onto the handrail, using it as a boost to grab onto and flip up to the second floor, landing in a defensive crouch.

Crazy flipping move upstairs (Agility 9(5) + Gymnastics 3): 2#12d6t5 5 4

:o 8) :-*