NEWS

[5e IC] Circles of Power [2076 Game Thread]

• 1361 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <05-07-15/1105:38> »
"I knew it was not that simple... some other team... damn. Some of us are going to die for sure... I hope i got a couple of extra life under my belt."

Lets establish a channel for all teams... we may need to interfere should one of the teams run into problems.
To art: "Guest passes are not required... We'll manage."  He looks at Mel and the Frenchman and Daddy that seemed to hop on as well... "Okay so how do we split our responsibilities?... I can try to hack us into the guest list when we are close to the event. It will make life easier...  But a better option is to explore the existing guest list we can try and disguise as someone that will not attend. Sometimes the polite methods are a lot more stealthy than hacking."

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <05-07-15/1107:52> »
The Frenchman shook Solo's hand with a firm grip. They call me The Frenchman. I can give some hurt with this - he opened his jacket  to show his holstered pistol - and am a decent pilot. If the price is right I'll take a bullet for you too.

They were interrupted by the Johnson finally giving more details. That was gonna be an interesting night.

Not unexpectedly the others continued the chit chat to get ready but the pale man with the braided hair made an out loud decision proving he either didn't pay any attention to what the Frenchman had said, he simply  ignored it. He was called Daddy, said the ARO broadcasting to the group. From his previous conversation he was one of those 'spiritslingers', which could explain...

The Frenchman looked at Solo then Mel with an obvious disappointment on his face. People not paying attention to instruction is how entire team get jacked.
You were not invited to the party, buddy. He said to Daddy. I have no doubt you have all the skills necessary to accomplish the task and maybe are even more fitted to it than any of us. But if you come one of the team is losing its Magic support. You'll have to replace Solo here, which means we'll lose our Matrix support to get the Wife. Not wise.

He looked at Solo. What do you think?

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <05-07-15/1156:21> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, King William Pub, London]

”Alright, I’ve got a few micro cameras as well. These little guys are something amazing in all honesty. If you put them up in places, I can watch the video feed from them, letting you guys know what is going on, warn you of things and generally direct you around. I’ve got ten of them, though I’d want to use a few to watch where I’m at. “ he says taking small little cameras out of his pockets to pass to the others. “That’s the wonderful thing about matrix.. Its everywhere! And the worst thing too of course. In anycase, I can provide the matrix support for the kids, I do have a few ways to knock them out, and provide the medical support needed to make sure the damage isn’t permanent.”

His ears lower slightly though, he realized he had to go with the creepy old looking guy, and the creepy other guy. They were more like the cultists attempting to raise Chuthulu, than someone who was suppose to save a couple of kids. Well, he’ll have to just bring hope to run from his own side of thing.

[spoiler]Mr. Peabody is offerning 8 of his 10 microcameras out to the runners here. These cheap disposable tools are quite useful. [/spoiler]
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <05-07-15/1250:27> »
Solo return the handshake with a firm grip. He uncovers a gun of his own and say... "I appreciate it... I too got your back... but let's hope not to use them."

He is a bit surprised when the Frenchman talks Daddy up.  If there is one thing he learned over his missions is to be careful of mages. Not two mages are the same and some of them are freaking scary... especially at the level involved.

To the Frenchman he said: "Daddy here got two bounded spirits hanging around somewhere in the astral. He can possibly interfere with the other groups if they run into problems. I think we can always use an additional runner... and there are many ways to solve problems... we cannot do the logistics for all the teams."

He then politely suggest Daddy: "You might want to check the main target team or the children teams... Like my friend here reminded your special skills may be in high demand...

By the way do you mind doing me a solid and do some astral recon now? Like I said I can augment your intuition so you see better."

« Last Edit: <05-07-15/1338:09> by gilga »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <05-07-15/1253:43> »
"People, slow down for a second.  I understand we have a time table, but runners in a hurry make mistakes." Smiley then turn to Art, while not at all appearing to do so, the Amerind asked him several questions relating to the run, and studied him closely as he answered each one, specifically looking for evasiveness or subtle lies.

(OOC: Judge Intentions on each answer, also bringing whatever applicable magic to bear on reading him.  Smiley will ask our group post questions from the OOC conglomerate)

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <05-07-15/1413:49> »

Tobbis sighed, none of the other runners were really listening to him now. Though of course that was how it was normally, it was  hard after all to respond to someone who was about half the height of you. One of the reasons he liked working with other dwarves. Pausing for a moment he checked to make his suit wasn’t active, he shook his head.

Kermit the Trog was right in that it was not easy being green, even though Tobbis wasn’t he knew what the  troll puppet meant. Or at least came up with his own thoughts, especially after that run a while back.

[Friday ███ █th, 20██, ██ █████, London]

Tobbis was just fresh off the boat, so to speak. Bright eyed and bushy tailed, a little too literally in all honesty. An up and coming technomancer with a little too much hope. Something that he still had a bit of the issue with, as he often scourges the internet for tails of general decent humanity, often times ignoring the tales of wheel and woe.

Being a technomancer it was far too easy for him to get into the latest matrix games, and he did. Quite a bit. He had figured if he was good at Shadowrun online, he’d be good in real life missions. It was this run, that taught him bullets hurt. A lot. If it wasn’t for ࢍ██§9§9 he would have §☻█╓█╒│░►☼6

He shook the noise out of head, coughing a little. “Ah.. well couldn’t he couldn’t kinda help in all locations, he’s got those spirit things right? The Kids are the one group Art said would have magical and matrix protection. I’m.. Not too offensive, but I can provide some sight on matrix things, and we can bring some hell to their door step. But I agree not to use Leathal force. I don’t really carry anything that can really hurt people. But I do have my own medical gear, and a car.”
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <05-07-15/1513:57> »
Solo smiled to himself in respond to Smile's remark.
He knew the Johnson is hiding stuff - and he knew that if he had access to this kind of runners that he will not detail more than he must. But Solo was still alive, defeating the statistics and nothing good ever comes out of the mouth of a Johnson.

They will take their own astral and matrix recon and verify any information given if it is critical to the success of the mission.
Besides if Art thinks that it can be one in such a rush the intelligence had to be top notch - otherwise... well he need the extraction to work more than they do. No bad rep if the dream team of the shadows cannot do it... it simply cannot be done. Solo never considered himself as a top runner, but a short matrix search reveled that the rest of the people in the group are very expensive to hire. This person must be extremely important.

To Mr. Peabody: "Actually camera's are a very good idea... I'd like to have one to watch our ride while we are away... Just to make sure it is still there... Thanks for the tip man - I totally appreciate it. I'll bring my own micro camera's to the next run. If I make it out alive that is" He laughed.

He was a little bit nervous - but he felt that knowing your own limitations and being considerate when taking risks are good qualities for runners that want to survive. Being nervous before a run, no matter how easy it sounded was one of his gifts... happy people do not check under their cars before they start the engine.

« Last Edit: <05-07-15/1558:31> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #67 on: <05-07-15/1743:38> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, West End, London]

Al was barely three blocks away when his comm pinged with the network connection from someone called Isaint.

Now he had handles for most everyone, and commcodes to go with them. At the first red light he routed his Caliban's visuals to one corner of his windscreen display and commanded all text messages to convert to voice and play through the van's audio system.

Spike always hated it when he did that.

Then he spoke: <<@All - Groovy baby. Barely five minutes out the door,  comms already up. Color me impressed. Y'all finished the plan too? Now jist tell ol' Al he's partnered up with one o' them two fine creatures o' the nobilis femalus persuasion, an' I'll sing for ya all the way ta Oxford, happier'n a hog inna bog.>>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <05-07-15/1749:08> »
"Guys, we really can discuss all this en route. It's one and a half our to drive, you all have commlinks and all plans will need to include what we find on location. We can reassign team members once we are all in Oxford. Just start up your comm, log into Grid Guide and we can continue talks about the inns and outs of this situation."
Isaint felt the touch of the Saint in his blood: Once he had committed himself to a course of action, he was always filled with impatience.
<<Art, you better get in on that conference call. And stay available. With that much rush we will have to move very fast.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <05-07-15/1819:07> »
"And that leaves us with the kids?" Sarah asked. The changeling, Tobies, had already volunteered, and the other teams probably wouldn't need her or Daniel's assistance. "I vote we knock them out from the atart. I really do not want have to deal with kids if we get into problems." Sarah continued, ignoring the fact that she wasn't much older than the two she was talking about. Hearng Tobies she turned to him "I'll go. I can handle not bringing any spirits in. Also, in case the medical stuff doesn't work I have some non-lethal stuff that should do the trick. You coming with us Daniel?"
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <05-07-15/1907:04> »
The details leaking weren't any much reassurance, but Mel knew it was going to be one of those runs when she got such a short notice. The elf wasn't used to working with such a large group, which might explain why she thought it was strange people were making plans without having heard the whole story yet or even having discussed price. To top it all off, the strangest-looking mojo slinger was bent on joining her to the social event. *At least the party chaser seems to be asking the right questions* thought the elf as she listened to what Art was telling them.

[spoiler]Post count: 5 [/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <05-07-15/1928:19> »

Th albino orc nods as he takes the bag, slinging it easily over his shoulder. As the comlink network springs up he starts organizing the feeds into groups in his peripheral, a software setup bringing them more into the center as messages come through depending on urgency.

<Snow Crash to group> [Time is short people and we ain't got time to sit around for 20 questions. Sure we don't have all the information we need, sure the timing is ridiculously tight. But we're all pros, we get paid the bucks we do for getting jobs like this done.]

<Snow Crash to Smiley and Hallucination> [Let me know pronto if you want a lift or prefer to ride your own wheels and want me to take some extra gear. I'm heading for my ride now to drop this bag off. *sends a map location of where his ride is parked*]
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #72 on: <05-07-15/2032:13> »
Daddies smile drops a bit Listening to the frenchman talk for a moment before a cold smile crept across his face and he raised his hands in a placating manner
No Worries French, Ill go where I'm needed

To Snow Crash: Let me Grab My gear And ill meet you at your Ride,I'm Heading out with Y'all instead, Ill do Astral Recon On the way Love Daddy

I appreciate the boost solo like i said, astral not my game

Once the spell from Solo takes effect, daddy is going to drop Into the Astral in the car  after grabbing his Foci and mask from his car, before sending it back home on the grid
Once astral
I really hate doing this
 Daddy is going to travel to each location, Making sure to stay far enough away from each location so as to not draw too much attention, but close enough so he can get an idea of how many awakened, how many spirits, watchers and other Awakened or dual nature creatures are at each location.
« Last Edit: <05-09-15/0831:08> by DrZombol »
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <05-08-15/0045:07> »
Solo addressed the other matrix people in the team: Mr. Peabody and Snow.

To snow - <<Snow Crush [M4g!(] ...care to help me with some matrix searches... for old times sake?>>
To Mr. Peabody... "<<I could use a hand doing some matrix stuff care to help?>>"

He starts with a little magic, improve intuition spell to make him sharper.
[spoiler]
Improve Intuition Spell F5: 15d6t5 4
drain:
resist drain: 11d6t5 7
intuition raised by 4 no drain, heightened concern activated to ignore sustain modify for matrix search.
[/spoiler]
He quickly starts searching the matrix for the guest list, crossing reference with the names to gather names and pictures - including the wife her interests social connections in that party. He is looking for guests that are not going to appear because they either have previous engagements or for any other reason. He try to collect as much information on these guests.

[spoiler]
He rolls:
10 intuition + 6 computers + 2 adept power + 1 brand loyalty +2 hot sim = 21 dice.
Limit is 6 due to deck - but it will increase if Snow or Peabody help him.
Matrix Search (Guest List and wife): 21d6t5 10
10 hits! but he is only allowed to keep 6. So unless help increases his limit we'll settle for 6 hits.

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-08-15/0051:01> by gilga »

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <05-08-15/0121:44> »

<Snow Crash -> Solo> [Hurm, sure Solo. Surprised you don't just some magical thing to help you out rather than just relying on us mundanes to help you out. Lemmie just get to my car so I can relax, send me the data as well and I'll see if I can make some connections.] Coming through a DNI and a simrig comlink the message carries a confusing jumble of over and under tones, it impossible to really tell if, or how much, he's joking and if he's actually upset or not.

Hefting the bag he walks the couple of blocks to his car, places the bad in the boot next to his own kit and gets behind the wheel. Eyes closing as he leans back and relaxes, His normal vision replaced by the sights, sounds and sensations of the London grid, taking a slightly different track, looking up information on the primary and wife while cross referencing with corporate and national political data.

[spoiler]Computer Search:
Computer 6 + Intuition 5
Computer Search: 11d6t5 3 hits, assissting Solo

Corporate connection to run
Corporate Politics 4 + Logic 8 + Mnemonic Enhancer 3
Corporate Politics: 15d6t5 6 hits
Mental limit is 12 so easily keep this.

Political connection to run
National Politics 4 + Logic 8 + Mnemonic Enhancer 3
National Politics: 15d6t5 6 hits
Again, Mental limit is 12[/spoiler]
From To<<Matrix message>>