NEWS

[5e IC] Circles of Power [2076 Game Thread]

• 1361 Replies

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <05-05-15/2255:26> »
"I don't have any bound spirits unfortunatly. However, summoning one won't be a problem. As for spirits, their good, but as another mage put to me, they aren't like us. They see the world in a different way. The only eyes I trust are my own, but, I can't do astral recon anyway. I've heard it's an amazing expierience thought, stepping out of your body, going into the world of magic itself." Sarah said a tad mounrfully. She could see the Astral world, perceive it, see it in all of it's glory, but she couldn't go out into it. Again her eyes drifted back into that canyon.

----------------------
Gunther was for once calm and lucid as he lectured her while she meditated. No ranting, screaming, yelling, beating. Maybe it was because he was so enraptrued by the subject of the lecture. "It's like dancing through raindrops to use an old saying. You can be Berlin in one second, then halfway around the world in Tokoyo the next." She always heard about these different places from him, and about his journies there, sometimes, when he was finally satisfired with her performance for the days. She wished she could escape to them like how he was describing it. Anything at all would be better than the little box canyon she was stuck in, and the places he descrbed felt like paradise. Her breathing became slightly uneven at the thought, and she hurridly corrected it before her could notice. Thankfully, he was still to enraptured by his lecture "You can see the world in a whole different way. People, spirits, everything living, you see them the actual way they are. All the buzzing AR with it's bright neon colors and stuid sound effects, all those lifeless billboards and neon signs all fade into lifeless grey and black and white, until the only things with color are the living things. The ones that deserve color."

------------------
Like dancing through raindrops she thought to herself, and a small half-smile appeared on her face.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #46 on: <05-05-15/2307:28> »
Well, I guess your going to be useful for once He thought as he flicked his eyes to the spirit woman on his shoulder, now sporting a irritating grin

I can do Astral Recon, but it's not my main strength, Spirits on the other hand, well for some damn reason they don't leave me alone, so i can get us some decent back up there and if push comes to shove i have two bound  at the moment, I can pull someones strings directly if need be as well

This is going to be damn tight, 3 hours to pick up and we got not a damn thing lined up
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <05-06-15/0057:43> »
To Sarah's question Isaint answered: "I've got a few slap patches, but honestly: I prefer a taser. It's faster and you don't need to get as close to the target. With that short notice, I see only one option: Shock and Awe: We go in simultaneously to the three places, maybe have a distraction by blowing up a car or something, tase and gel everyone we can't evade or fast talk by,  grab the subjects and go out before anyone can stop us.

For that we should have three teams with similar capabilities: At least one hacker, one spirit controller and one combat type.
And every team should have at least one transport that carries more than two people.

So, who is up for which  part?

Personally, I identify as combat operator and I only have a fast bike.

I'll take on the father if no-one else absolutely wants to."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <05-06-15/0114:31> »
To Sarah: "I too am a mystic adept. So I can't travel the astral myself... can't even look at the place... Spirits call me a blind mage" he laugh... "Everybody is blind in some world... I know many mages that can't see a thing in the matrix... they seem to handle themselves rather well. We all go with what we have."

To Daddy: "It maybe more sensible to send you in there... Less chance of drain... might I suggest an improve intuition spell to sharpen your senses when you are on the go?"

To Garr: "When they fix it... I'll go back. Until then it is Shadowrun Offline to me... it feels almost as real but pays a lot better". He laugh.
« Last Edit: <05-06-15/0116:20> by gilga »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <05-06-15/0149:14> »
The Frenchman took a moment to take on everyone's scent. Quite an interesting bunch. He stopped on a big Human - no, an Ork. His scent was familiar. Not that he could place when and where he smelled him before, nor did he recognized the man, but could it be possible the two had met before?
He put those thoughts aside, to focus on the task at hand. Three hours were very short. But that's how he liked it. Since waking up in that London street clinic, he had come to rely on his instincts and guts feelings since his memory was nowhere to be found. And keeping it short and sweet had worked for him. Of course any good plan should require some planning, but he had come to appreciate improvising on the spot. Now none of the runners here had much choice, and the worst, it seemed few had worked together in the past.

While the chatter had started the Frenchman took a good look again at the crowd. He had so far remained standing and almost motionless and quiet. Three extractions, three hours and ten runners. Charity event, Home, Oxford Central. He had heard some interesting comments from the others runner and was surprised to see the amount of spell and spirit slingers. Not such a rare breed after all, or somehow they all turned to being criminals.But they were mighty powerful. He noticed the Elf calling himself Solo was wearing a suit, so was the Albino Ork but the all white was a little too... distinctive. The pretty Elf seemed interested in the Wife mission and he could see where her question was leading to.

Decisions needed to be made, instead of the chit chat that lead to nowhere. He interrupted the discussions with a caught.
We have little information but I am to assume the Charity Event is one of those high class dinner or gathering. The only ones who so far seem fitted to attend such event are Solo , myself and the beautiful lady right here, he said pointing at Mel. I offer the three of us take care of this mission parameter.
Four of you should go to extract the main asset. Snow Crash and you
(nodding at Isaint), you volunteered, great. Take Pretty Boy (Smiley) and another Spellslinger and you'll be in charge of the mission target.
The other three should be able to handle the kid. What do you say?

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <05-06-15/0256:14> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, King William Pub, London]

The albino orc nods and smiles at the assessments.

"Sounds good to me. My car can fit all of us, room in the back for the primary to sit between two of us,or worst come to worst enough room in the boot if we need to stun and haul. I ain't no rigger, but I've found combat implants are handy behind the wheel as well. I'm parked just a couple of blocks down with all my kit, unless we wanna waste time debating we can walk down and start driving."
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <05-06-15/0345:50> »
"Good enough for me. I'll take my bike but I'd appreciate it, if I could stash my equipment in your car. Carrying an assembled sports rifle on a bike always leads to to much attention. We can carry on this conversation over AR."
While Isaint said that, he transmitted his current com code to the albino.
To Art he said: "My premium rates apply - sent us all available information you have while we get into position."

He took the Frenchman's words as assent that there wouldn't be any trouble between them on this job. Always nice to work with a professional.

With that he cleared his seat, turned on the AR and put the comcodes of the assembled runners - as far as they were available - on the positive list of his contacts. With a few quick steps, he went to the barkeeper and retrieved his back pack.

[spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <05-06-15/0358:55> »
Solo happily replied "Sounds good to me... Lets just finish with astral recon and I will work the matrix on the way... by the time we get there I think we will have all we can know in such a rush."
He did not like to lead and was happy someone picked up that glove.

He approached the Frenchman and extended his hand... pleasure to work with you... care to share a little bit about you so we can integrate better...He smiled that person did not say much at all... but something about him smelled like a pro. Worst case... he was experienced in going Solo... At least for the simpler missions.

[spoiler] If daddy wants the spell Solo has 15 dice feel free to roll... it helps a lot.     Moreover Solo is a human but he indeed wears a suit.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-06-15/0615:22> by gilga »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <05-06-15/0713:43> »
Smiley was that last to speak up, so he made his words count, "I am in, but planning mission parameters and teams before we know what we are getting into is a mistake.  Let's hear what Johnson has to tell us before we make such decisions, okay?" 

adamu

« Reply #54 on: <05-06-15/1805:32> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, Carnaby Street, London]

It was raining hard when Al walked out, and he had to duck under an awning over a Chinese medicine shop to light his Lucky.

Lot of folks on the street at this hour. Few started running, most just popped umbrellas and continued about their business. Al loved the rain. It brought the lights down and closed him in, felt cozy. And he never minded much about being wet.

The boss feller had said "children." He supposed he should have asked how many, but, like all the other tedious details, he knew his new colleagues would cover that. As usual, at least a few would be pros, mixed in with the usual freaks and flakes.

There was an upscale off-license near where he'd parked that sold real beef jerky. He stopped in to grab some for himself and Spike for the drive.

Once he was back in his van, Spike in the shotgun seat, he pulled the map display onto the windscreen. He'd long since killed the stupid prompt that asked him to input his destination. Man couldn't read a map himself, he wasn't fit to be behind the wheel. Two bites of jerky later, he'd worked out the most efficient route past his shop and on to Oxford. He wasn't sure if they'd need the Beamer, but it was always good to have an extra ride handy when working.

He flipped the ignition.
« Last Edit: <05-06-15/1912:27> by adamu »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <05-07-15/0442:12> »
Mel was listening to the other runners making plans and speculating. She didn't feel comfortable potentially giving away sensitive information to any would-be spies in a pub. The elf answered Sarah, "I'm sure our Johnson isn't interested in our methodology, so I'll just let you know what I was thinking on our way to Oxford."

[spoiler]Post count: 4[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <05-07-15/0840:27> »

"Ok, here’s the scan.  The principal target is Doctor Richard Pelletiere.  He will be at the Maths Institute in the centre of Oxford this evening at 5 mins before midnight.  Intel says that a rival team is also intending to extract him at this time so this is a race.  I aware that this increases your risk and the risk to the run but that is why I am employing individuals of your calibre.  I don’t care what happens to the rival team but I want to ensure that you snag the package and deliver it to one of my safe houses here in London.  Once you have him in your care I will transmit the address.  This data packet includes floor plans for the institute, the good doctor’s profile and the data on his family.

His wife Rachel is attending a charity event at the Randolph hotel which is relatively close to the Institute so there is potentially some crossover between the two elements of this section.  It is doubtful that I could secure you guest passes in the timeframe but catering staff might be another option.  If you can approach her then I am lead to believe she will come willingly with you but you will need to circumvent her security detail plus any hotel security.  Needless to say there will be other protection details in the hotel so it would be inadvisable to be too overt here.

Natasha, sixteen, and William, fourteen, are at the family residence in the north of the city.  It is anticipated that there will be a single security officer on site with matrix support provided from off site.  Magical security is a single patrolling watcher set to alert of astral intruders so this should be the easiest snatch.  Given their age however I wouldn’t expect them to be aware of the extraction plans and they may need to be subdued.  I don’t need to tell you that there should be no lasting effects of whatever methods you employ here.

Questions?"
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <05-07-15/0853:41> »

The albino orc smile and nods, sitting up straighter and adjusting his jacket, clearly having flipped into 'go' mode.

"Alright, the other runners complicate things, but I can tackle them on two fronts so I'll be going for the primary. Anyone else with me watch your escalation, if they're after the target they're likely going to be using non-lethal force. I suggest we do the same, we turn this into a deadly firefight we run the risk of our target getting geeked by the crossfire. If people wanna stick to their bikes but want to take extra gear follow me and toss it in the car. Having a bike or two as outriders isn't a bad idea, just make sure you got something to shoot while you ride.

Time's ticking people, and we've got a long drive, lets review and plan on the way."

The orc stands and walks over to the bar, holding a hand out to take the first bag of gear.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #58 on: <05-07-15/0914:58> »
Finally details! i like it

Looking to Mel Ill go with Mel after the wife, If there is some splash over from the primary ill be in a position to help and we can take my ride to the area but that's all its really good for

Here's your Link to Daddy After transmitting his code he looks to the others with a smile

[spoiler]Post Count 6[/spoiler]
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <05-07-15/0944:18> »
Isaint handed his pack over to the Albino after removing a small courier bag from it. "Thanks."

To Art he said: "Yes one other important question: What Corp are we pissing of with this action? Doesn't change my willingness to do the job, but it might change what assets they can throw at us. The Red Samurai can really wreck your day when you expected some Wuxing wizards."

From his bag he removed to slap patches and flicked them towards the part of the group who were going to pick up the teenagers:
"Level 9 tranq patches. They are usually just enough to make them really drowsy but won't knock out a full grown adult. If someone needs it, I can spare a shock glove."

After waiting for a reply, he switched to AR and opened a group connection, so he could keep up with the discussion, while he went to fetch his bike.
talk think matrix