NEWS

Older book choice

• 6 Replies

Aethelwulf1972

« on: <04-02-15/2217:59> »
I am trying to decide on a non 5e book to pick up: storm front or attitude? Or vice?

8-bit

« Reply #1 on: <04-02-15/2237:12> »
Storm Front is a fantastic account of all the most recent events that have been happening. Likewise, Attitude is great because it gives you detailed information on the every-day aspects of the Sixth World. They are both great reads.

I don't own Vice, so I cannot comment on it.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #2 on: <04-02-15/2248:16> »
I would go with Attitude as Storm Front lures you into buying all the other books to get a grasp of all the details leading up to those events, not that it is a bad book.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Sithlis

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-02-15/2337:03> »
I say get 'em both.  But if you just get one I think Attitude would be better if you want general info. Storm Front is good but is mostly plots.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-03-15/0011:05> »
Also if you're doing/looking at Missions.. possibly Universal Brotherhood/Bug City/Feral States
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-03-15/0919:16> »
My preference would be Storm Front...I really like the meta-plot concept and it sets the stage for the setting threads in 5e ;) Attitude (and Vice) are great setting books and fairly version agnostic...but quite different. If you're interested in focusing on the various crime syndicates and such, I'd go with Vice whereas Attitude is a snap shot of "life" (as 8-bit noted).

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-03-15/1243:34> »
Attitude - Character design, background, Lifestyle (Runner)

Storm Front - Storyline and Metaplot (GM)