NEWS

UCAS Military Action Involving 'Monstrous' foes

• 10 Replies

Aethelwulf1972

« on: <04-01-15/0523:44> »
in the current "recent past' of the sixth world have there been any conflicts that directly involved the UCAS Military (especially the spec forces like the seals) facing "Monstrous" enemies? both officially and unofficially.

FrowningMirror

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <04-01-15/0739:14> »
Well seems like Chicago was overrun by bug spirits in 2055.  Thats the most monstrous thing they faced in the last 20 years I'd say.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-01-15/1203:23> »
Border skirmishes with NAN.  Any large toxic zones that have restricted or controlled access would have potential military action, pick your favorite.  Any joint or secret operations in CAS around Houston say against Aztec would be unpleasant. 

California.  All of it.  Anywhere.  Anytime.  (okay not that bad, but, I wouldn't want to live there)

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <04-01-15/2214:54> »
Cyberzombies, I'd expect, I'd call the army if one of those got out of control. Some Toxic casters and their extra large spirit friends, bug and otherwise.  I'm sure they have to deal with a certain number of HMHVV infected nasties.

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Pixie

« Reply #4 on: <04-02-15/1120:53> »
Define monstrous.  Spirits can certainly qualify, and the UCAS will have had to deal with them on a semi-regular basis.  Also, there were several UN investigators that went and got themselves killed in Asamando.  It seems reasonable to me that there may have been a UCAS response of some sort (even if it involved special forces and proxy forces like shadowrunners).  Also, don't forget that Fort Lewis is in Seattle - one of the most monstrous things that they would have had to deal with was the Renraku Arcology.  But they'd also have had to deal with any number of threats involving their paracritters in the zoo, shadowrunners throughout, and international defense from the various countries and interests in and around Seattle.  Chicago is an obvious choice, as the bugs had to be dealt with by a lot more than just Eagle Security or Lone Star.  Additionally, it seems reasonable to me that the UCAS military would likely be working with Ares Firewatch teams.  This means that there may have been a presence in space.  Ares built a small station with the express purpose of trying to find the insect spirit home plane.  No reports on if they were successful or not, but I think not.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <04-02-15/1139:06> »
I think I read that they did find it, even send an expedition, but I can't remember exactly. By "Aetherology", they definitely found it. Check out Vhortas, p. 26.

Back to the topic, how about Juggernaut? The original one (I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, SLITCH!!!), not the present incarnation (...juggernaut? What a slitch!).

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #6 on: <04-02-15/1327:14> »
Spec ops teams have a  higher than average chance of running into shedim I'd imagine. It would be a PITA for your disposee to get back up while you are trying to "disappear" them.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #7 on: <04-02-15/2042:22> »
Wonder how long until the magic level gets high enough that Kaiju will pop up and start munching on the Japanese Imperial Fleet?  How about Chuthlu? ;D
« Last Edit: <04-02-15/2044:18> by Parker »
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-02-15/2116:14> »
Spec ops teams have a  higher than average chance of running into shedim I'd imagine. It would be a PITA for your disposee to get back up while you are trying to "disappear" them.
HAHAHAHA

There is a UCAS spec ops team comprised of shedim.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <04-02-15/2305:16> »
Wonder how long until the magic level gets high enough that Kaiju will pop up and start munching on the Japanese Imperial Fleet?  How about Chuthlu? ;D
Long enough for jet pilots to forget that their missiles can be fired at a range well beyond the reach of said Kaiju.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #10 on: <04-03-15/0035:18> »
HAHAHAHA

There is a UCAS spec ops team comprised of shedim.

Yup, the Shades or something like that.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada