NEWS

Changelings II

• 48 Replies

Syntetesh

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <03-29-15/1012:02> »
3) Even if there are more than one Cat-beast, you will not encounter them at the same time in a crowd and their number don't match up those of metavariant / metatype. I didn't tell their are unique but they are uncommon and easily noticeable in a metahuman crowd or in a cops database. Tattoos are an actual example of physical lead that can be used by cops. Just think of a cosplayer leaving a convention and walking down the street, it's the same thing. (except changelings can't drop their fur ^^)

4) So my formula is cheaper not more expensive.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <03-29-15/1129:06> »
Actually If  I was using your formula, a +1 to perception would be always, resulting in 2x cost, so it would be 8. Because there is no conditions for it to be done. Just simply making the check, which could always happen.

And for the cosplayer - In a crowd of normal people, yes a cosplayer would be spotable. Same thing when you got a troll in a crowd of dwarves. Because they are the odd one out in the local immediate local area.

Now think of when someone dresses up like Naroto or Vash the Stampede and then try to find information on one particular one of those cosplayers. Surge III might not have the numbers of a full on metaype, but they're often less unique than those who are Surge II.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <03-31-15/0951:46> »
And more reasons why the implementation is terrible...

The Freaks goes both ways...

If im not mistaken dont you resist social rolls with social rolls?

Like to not get conned, you gotta roll your own social test against it. So, changelings, especially surge three are easily defeated in anything social. Because people are all prejudice against changelings and know when they are talking to one, even when they cant see them.
Nope. To resist Con you roll Sense motive (?) Judge intentions, int+cha. It's an attribute roll.
« Last Edit: <03-31-15/1013:49> by ZeldaBravo »
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <04-01-15/1313:07> »
Nope. To resist Con you roll Sense motive (?) Judge intentions, int+cha. It's an attribute roll.
Incorrect. Check the table on page 141.

Social skills that are resisted with skills:
Con (resisted with Con)
Etiquette (resisted with Perception)
Impersonation (resisted with Perception)
Leadership (resisted with Leadership)
Negotiation (resisted with Negotiation)

Social skills resisted with Willpower + Charisma:
Intimidation
Performance