NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3270 on: <05-17-16/0102:52> »
Food came as a blessing, and exhausted late at night after what seemed to be forever, the comb was enchanted. It became a part of him and have shaken up new memories.
"Tomorrow, we enchant again, that time I'll be the follower. I actually prefer it that way - this work seems so intense that I doubt I could regularly do it."
Marco said farewell to Jed and set in the living room.

He was ecstatic, every thing seemed  completely different. The down side was that he could barely sense the world. The books were loud, the soft Jazz music was so distant that Marco  could barely hear it. The food had no taste,  just some familiar essence in  it. "I can't listen to music and I can't eat." Marco said to himself.  He left to his cosmetic kit and colored his face with reds and blacks, it was not long before his entire face was covered with these strong colors. 

In Bleeding mountains, DB, the Shaman used a bear mask to interact with spirits. He attempted to connect to the spirit world to meet the spirit closer to its domain. A Daemon mask seemed the appropriate equivalent and Marco even used his facial sculpt ability to grow two little horn like bulbs on his forehead. "It may take a daemon to bind daemon, and its time my spirits show me some respect." thought Marco.

Summoning was easy, easier than ever - the physical world seemed distant but mana was never as easy to manipulate.  As the minor Daemon arrived, Marco said "Greeting underling, we will do fine as long as you accept one fundamental fact - you are here to serve me. You will do what I say and follow my services to my meaning, if you perform them in an unsatisfactory manner, or disrespect me, you will suffer. Relationship is a two way street, if you abuse me I will abuse you... I am not weak and not blind, I am far more powerful than you, this is why you serve me."

The power focus gave his voice a radiant aura of power, of self confidence. Marco have never felt so powerful - it only took 3 hours of a power struggle, negotiation and intimidation, but the minor spirit was bound.  Marco thought "Now lets see if it actually work... I am going to sleep, if he is there in the morning then I can bind spirits." He collapsed on the floor and sunk into deep sleep, not even bothering to remove his summoning mask.
« Last Edit: <05-17-16/0134:44> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3271 on: <05-17-16/0718:23> »
When Marco awoke in the morning the first thing he noticed was that he was sore. He hadn't slept on the floor since leaving the monastery where he'd been trained and his body was far to used to a soft bed now. And then he remembered why he'd collapsed and he looked for the spirit. With a shock he realized that it's form had changed. He double checked and, Yes, it's the same spirit!, but, it had taken on the form of a peacock and it was carefully preening itself.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3272 on: <05-17-16/0945:13> »
Yelena was happy to see Arc and Tuskaloosa walk into the club during her set.  Henri provided a chair appropriate for the Troll, placing it at the end of the booth for her.  By the time Yelena was finished, food and drinks had been ordered and delivered.  Yelena walls over to the table and takes a seat after embracing both of the new arrivals.  "Yelena thing Srui off with rigger man.  Yelena thank for come."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3273 on: <05-17-16/1053:25> »
".... Morning?

... Morning ??

... Morning !!!

But how, what where am I? "

The room was a mess, his first sight was a plate with the remains of what appeared to be dinner, pecking the remains happily was a beautiful peacock.

"WTF? Heavens what kind of trick is that? Asmadeus is playing a trick on me? How come he looks like a bird... "

Marco tried to get up, feeling a bit dizzy and dehydrated.  "I need to wash my face" he thought and casually told the spirit "bon appetite" 
On his way to the bathroom he thought
"Something is very strange, first I learn how to enchant and actually craft a very powerful power focus. Then I actually manage to bind a spirit, two magical skills in just a few days. Me ? Marco the un-trainable?"

Marco gave a tired look to the mirror, as he opened the water.

"AHHHAAA"
He jumped - seeing the remains of his own conjuring mask. "Did I paint this? did I even see what I was doing? the colors? the shapes? I look just like a... Daemon" He said as he washed his face trying to get all the makeup out.

Everything looked better with a clean face and the awkward astral music was finally silent. "Yelena! - I might have scared the crap out of her tonight - I barely remember what I did myself"  he thinks, as he quietly sneaks into the master bedroom.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3274 on: <05-17-16/2254:33> »
It had been a fun night at Josie's. The dinner, drinks, music & dancing had been some much needed downtime after the events of the past week. Tensions had eased away and at the end of the night everyone was happily exhausted.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #3275 on: <05-17-16/2328:07> »
Arc grinned toothily as she embraced the elf, shaking her head.  "He been workin' late, same ash me yo.  I'll head home after this'n spend mah night."  The bustle and noise proved to be a bit much as she shook her head, clearing her thoughts.  Clearly she has been on the go ever since she got cleared from getting her sleep regulator, and the noises were a bit overwhelming.  "Playin's good ash evah, glad I could hear it.  Hoi, we all plannin' on gettin' together at my place or shom-shomthin' shoon, right?"  A glance to the others confirmed that, and one look to Yelena told her that Marco would know about this as well.  Wiz.  Then let'sh eat, I'm shtarvin' yo..."

The night proved to be quite fun and relaxing indeed, even if Arc opted to avoid drinking so she could drive (and not because the smell of the vodka nearby made her stomach turn), she still danced and chatted away with the best of them.  Laughing and smiling, she opted to drive everyone home, loading the bike into the back of the van with some help and taking everyone home.  That done, she went home to spend the night with Jaime, another pleasant even ending with a content normalcy that could only be appreciated...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Wednesday]

A restful, dreamless evening after night "training" led to a quiet morning.  Arc grinned as she woke up, feeling remarkably refreshed and full of energy as she practically bounded out of bed.  She felt fine, great even, as she dressed for the day.  Oh frag, scratch that...  Feeling her stomach flip in place, her skin turned green as made a bee line for the bathroom, shutting the door quickly behind her to take care of the symptom.  Afterwards, calmed a bit, she set herself to making a light breakfast for the two of them before he went off to work and she went back to her day...toast and a coupleasure egga with tabasco sounded great.  Double checking her messages, she confirmed to pick up Tuskaloosa for sure before heading off to the garage.  Another work day...but for some reason, she felt today would be especially wiz-bang....
« Last Edit: <05-18-16/1506:37> by SgtBoomCloud »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3276 on: <05-18-16/0301:29> »
Yelena enjoyed the evening very much, playing on the stage and talking with her companions.  She told all of them about Anders and the mission timetable change, saying that Nikolai would be in touch when the mission was back on.  She gladly let Arc drive her home and went upstairs after parking her bike.  She checked on Marco in the other room only to find that he was still there and talking incoherently.  She notices that the food is basically untouched and shakes her head.  Feeling that she should not interrupt him, she quietly closes the door and goes to take another shower before crawling into the bed and falling asleep.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #3277 on: <05-19-16/1004:38> »
The thoughts of the mission delaying mulled through Arc's mind as she ate the simple fare, the spice of the tabasco working wonders on her stomach.  She get relief...less time crunch meant she had more time to prepare.  Maybe I can convince Marco to teach me how to lie and drek.  Hmm  her thoughts were broken when she felt Jaime hug her from behind, pulling her close.  "Tch...remind me not to go under the needle again if thish is what I gots to deal with for a week...heh...couple days, back to normal"  turning to return the embrace, she helped to clean up as they both readied for the work day...

..it really was interesting how they fit together despite how different their lives were.  He worked a legit job at the hospital, likely on the straight and narrow his whole life.  She, on the other hand, was an outside-the-system mechanic and general technician, and a shadow runner now to boot.  It was a wonder to Arc that he didn't seem to mind it...if anything, it was part of her charm it seemed.

Weird...no complaining though.  Pulling up her comm, she began to fire of the morning messages.

<<@Tuskaloosa: Morning omae.  Heading out for the shop, I'll swing by for a ride if you like.  Bring your tech, I'll take a look at it >>

<<@Yelena, Marco: morning lovebirds.  Again, wiz playing last night Y.  We all still on to try to meet up soon?  Tagging avails for the others.  Bring your equipment and tech too, I wanna check everything we got>>

<<@Firefly:  morning chummer.  Trying to get everyone together today.  My place.  I'm gonna take a peek over our tech, making sure everything's good.  What do you think? >>

<<@Jed:  good morning, Arc here.  What does your day look like?  I'm trying to get everyone going on our beach trip together for a pow wow or something.  Plus, I can check over all the equipment to make sure it all works, heh.  Lemme know>>

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #3278 on: <05-19-16/1849:42> »
@ Arc

Good morning yourself Ms. Arc.  I'm pretty busy all day, but free for dinner.  Send me the when and where and I'll be there.  I also need to arrange delivery of this hunk up steel we talked about.  I'll need lessons after you've put it back together, but that can wait.  Need to get it in front of you first.  Do you have a way to pick it up?
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3279 on: <05-20-16/0149:05> »
Yelena rolls over as Marco comes into the bedroom in the morning.  "Hey. lover.  Marco looks like up all night.  Marco is alright?"  She rolls to a sitting position, letting the sheet fall to her waist.  "Yelena worry some."

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #3280 on: <05-20-16/1547:06> »
@ Arc

Good morning yourself Ms. Arc.  I'm pretty busy all day, but free for dinner.  Send me the when and where and I'll be there.  I also need to arrange delivery of this hunk up steel we talked about.  I'll need lessons after you've put it back together, but that can wait.  Need to get it in front of you first.  Do you have a way to pick it up?

In the back of her mind, Arc wondered if the old man has even seen her since she changed her appearance with her hair and tusks...the thought made her chuckle inwardly as she washed a plate, composing the reply.

<<@Jed:  Unless I hear something otherwise, best say we shoot for this evening then.  I havent forgotten your ride, and I have a van to haul it back in.  Can pick you up at the same time. Wiz bang >>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3281 on: <05-20-16/1634:14> »
Marco softly kisses Yelena and say, "Never better" he is clearly fatigued, but even at this state was aware of himself enough to wash his face and brush his teeth. He takes a deep breath "I made my first step into accepting power rather than escaping it. Jed created a brilliant formula for my wooden comb to be enchanted. I executed the formula myself."

He hands her his wooden comb, hand crafted and skillfully engraved and say "This comb was made from the wooden stick I first used to exercise violence. I crafted the stick into a comb to never again act in violence against my own morality. Now the comb holds a part of my soul, its significance for me have made it a powerful tool to focus my magic, from weakness I found power."

He also say proudly "There is a spirit I summoned and bound for a long duration service, it is no longer shaped like a Daemon. It is a beautiful peacock... tough I have no idea why. There is so much I want to share with you and so little I can explain, I think that if I accept my dark side then my spirits do not reflect it back at me... Oddly enough it seems to prefer staying materialized, you can come and watch it."

Finally he said excited "and I think that I am no longer blind. I can see myself for what I am, a man who lost everything. His own identity. I was prevented contact with my parents so I do not know what my heritage is. I already suspect that I do not practice Christian magic, but what am I? Where did I come from? Was I really given to the Church or was I taken by force? I am uncertain how to feel about it, my early memories are coming back and it seems that they are as vivid as if they happened yesterday. I think that I suppressed them in order to protect myself - but I am unsure what from. Somehow I must have broken that protection. Now I am starting to sense things that I couldn't, to remember things that I didn't it is... terrifying and exciting."

He then grabs Yelena's hands and asks "I've been such a terrible lover, how are you ? I feel like we barely saw each other these last few days. How are you recovering from surgery? It all seem so distant... You are you and yet you are not you at the same time, how does power feels for you? Do you still feel like the same person?"

« Last Edit: <05-20-16/1644:54> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3282 on: <05-21-16/0507:45> »
Yelena gives Marco a somewhat quizzical look.  "Yelena same.  Just better.  More 'ware.  More ink.  But still Yelena."  She shrugs.  "Maybe Marco different from mojo.  Is good Marco embrace dark side.  Yelena embrace dark as well.  Deeper shadow.  Yelena sees more now.  Still seeking answers.  Seeking darker shadows.  Something hiding just beyond reach.  Is delay in leaving.  Nikolai send message.  Tsina Molovna has moved.  He send word when back.  More time Marco train mojo.  More time get to know Firefly.  Both need build trust back."

Yelena pulls the sheet back and pats the bed next to her.  "Marco tired.  Come lay next Yelena.  Yelena keep warm.  Keep safe.  What time Marco go see Jed for more training?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3283 on: <05-21-16/0827:39> »
Marco shrugged and thought "Firefly is weak and cannot even control her own emotions, I have little sympathy for her. She nearly got us killed alienating that mage lady. We were lucky that she did not use anything more dangerous. There were so many horrible things she could have done. The only thing between us and her magic was my charm and she made my job impossible.  She does not get to be weak, she is a mage and a decker. She has the potential to make the entire world burn. Tough, what could I say - Yelena feels responsible for her. "

Marco then said "Firefly is bad news Y, I am regretful and full of remorse for the way my spirit handled her, but I do not trust her and a meet and greet is not going to change that."

He laid next to Yelena and brushed her back with his hand. He said "I have a few hours... I need my clarity to practice my art. My head feels like exploding from all the things I experienced. I need to sleep but I cannot, I am far to excited for that."
« Last Edit: <05-21-16/0833:50> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3284 on: <05-21-16/1100:16> »
Yelena shakes her head.  "Marco forget what was like to be new.  Yelena not forget.  Firefly young.  All life was protected.  Managed.  Now in world of shadows and need experience.  Decker mage can be big help.  Need understanding and practice.  Arc and Yelena train Firefly.  Marco must help also.  Trust come slowly sometimes.  Give her a chance.  That is importance of getting together.  Marco finish mojo training with PI man then do group meetings.  Important discuss all capabilities of everyone.  Get closer.  Lives in Poland depend on it.  Not a trid game with reset.  Tsina Molovna much worse than gangs we see so far.  Very dangerous.  Much in the shadow." 

She almost purrs as his hand strokes her back.  "Marco lay.  Yelena help."  She slides down the bed a bit and uses her hand and mouth to attend to a growing issue the mage has.  Swinging herself on top of him, she feeds him into herself and begins to gently rock back and forth.  "Yelena love Marco.  Mage man different from sax man.  Marco much excited from training.  Now Marco let some excitement flow into Yelena.  Then Marco maybe sleep."  She leans forward to look closely into his eyes.