NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3150 on: <03-30-16/1058:26> »
"Sure why not... " said Marco and called in a taxi. The taxi arrives shortly and Marco uses the time to sort his feelings, half way through he breaks the silence and say "Your spirits are very polite, I can't imagine actually agreeing on something with one of my own."

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #3151 on: <03-30-16/1351:09> »
Anders crosses his arms and nods cheerfully.  Pleased with Arc's acceptance and her optimistic words.  Several new faces show up and greet the mechanic.  Carrying bags that probably contained groceries as far as he could tell.  They looked younger than him, reminding Anders what it was like to be their age.  To have close-knit friends to do whatever with.  A pang of something strikes a chord within the Norseman.  Unsure as to what it was.  Perhaps an echo of nostalgia.

Arc beamed with joy as the duo crept in.  The short mechanic clasping and embracing one of the girls as a dear friend.  Her and another younger girl regarded Tróndur í Gøtu with suspicion and went out of their way to move around him.  Arc gave them some modified commlinks and their anxiety disappears, replaced with elation.  One of the youths, a teenage boy by the looks of him, becomes captivated by the the Norse spirit.  He rushes up and greets Anders fearlessly and enthusiastically.

Proudly and still smiling, Anders corrects the boy.  "Actually he's a spirit.  But yes, he's with me.  You can say hello to him if you want.  He'll understand you no problem."  To Arc he says across the garage.  "Nice pals you got.  They look like a cool bunch."
« Last Edit: <03-30-16/1535:28> by Mulcarn »
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3152 on: <03-31-16/1304:31> »
@ Anders  Upon hearing that the Nordic spirit is real Bootstraps eyes grow big and he looks a little nervous. He looks back and forth from the spirit to Anders several times. "Real! Wow!" he breathes. He looks a little trepidatious and says, "You're a summoner. I know spirits can be dangerous. If I'd been able to summon a spirit when Z got attacked nothing could have hurt him. All I could do was fireworks to try and scare them and stall them until help arrived."
Z grabs him on the shoulder, behind his friend despite there being plenty of room beside him and says, "You use what you got. None of us be killers. But I don't know nobody what could think as fast as you to pull off the drek you do ta gets peeps outta trouble." Bootstrap looks at his friend and he straightens, pride at his friends compliment evident and then he places his hand over his friends hand on his shoulder and says, "No one does more than you Z, without magic or weapons you keep us all safe as you can." Then he looks at the Norseman and a little nervously says, "Hi." He looks like he wants to say more but can't seem to get more out than the one word.
« Last Edit: <04-01-16/0510:49> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #3153 on: <04-01-16/0007:30> »
The reaction of the young elf teen to the new commlinks was just what Arc needed, her heart swelling with pride that she was able to do something nice for them.  Frag knows they deserve it...and more, for what they're willing to go through for each other.  They could use a break...hmm  Standing there, she crossed her arms under her chest as she overwent the particulars...and since there were enough for the whole crew, she knew that Rabbit would be sure to pass them around.  "Glad it works out, girly.  After what y'all pulled through to help me on mah thang, figured ya'd get a bonus for it, ya feel me?"  She grinned, glancing to the side as an idea crossed into her mind.

"Speaking of, I don't exactly got any work coming that may need the talents, ya know?  I'll be heading out of town for a beat, maybe for a while"   She paused, letting that little bit of info sink in before she continued.  "It ain't payment, and Howlers will likely keep drek away, but I wouldn't be against a little squattin' from a trusted hoop I know to mind the place.  Whaddya think?  A bit o' home away from home as it were till I get back..."

While that offer was being pondered, the mechanic stole a glance around the van to see Z and Bootstrap with Anders, and held a chuckle on her tongue, shaking her head.  She knew how fascinated Bootstrap was with mojo...and she didn't prepare Anders for a potential fan.  Sighing, she nodded at the conjurer's remarks, tipping her fingers to her head.  "More than ya know, chummer!  These kids be fearless yo, and know these streets better'n'I do"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3154 on: <04-01-16/0122:14> »
Yelena looks closely at Firefly and notices that the young woman is already registering the huge spirit in the room.  She shakes her head and watches Firefly's reaction, which seems to be contemplative rather than afraid or hostile.  Yelena has had enough of thinking for a bit and goes off to the kitchen for her bottle of vodka and several glasses.  Returning to the garage she walks over to Arc, opening the bottle and pouring a drink for herself and raises the bottle in an invitation to both Arc and Anders before nodding her head at the van.  "Who fix van for?"  She slams the shot back and pours another as she waits for the answer.
« Last Edit: <04-02-16/1240:09> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #3155 on: <04-01-16/0743:13> »
Arc was so focused on her friends at hand that she hadn't realized that Yelena and Firefly were there as well.  It wasn't until they slipped by and both Rabbit and Hoppy jumped to with the decker's things did she notice her Sruiken was here.  She stayed quiet when she saw Firefly's demeanor, deciding to wait until the girl was ready to talk.

The mechanic didn't have to wait for the Russian long at least, seeing the pale haired elf come out with her vodka supply and glasses.  Grinning, she grabbed a glass and poured herself a bit of the clear liquid. Bringing it to her lips, she paused as she felt her stomach do a flip, realizing she may regret it later.

So, when Yelema sled her shot back, Arc simply passed hers over, smiling wider at the question.  "Tchae, funny you should ashk.  For a crew of runners in a need for shome wheels.   They about to head out on some dangerous as drew job, so they want some mods done to it, but I'm a make it purr before next week, null shweat..."  the mirthful grin on her face told it all as she ran a cyber hand over the side paneling, tapping the steel polymer plating with a small degree of affection.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #3156 on: <04-01-16/0932:37> »
Jed considers this a moment before replying.  Well, I've spent a lot of time talking with mine.  Most of what I know about the astral I've learned from them.  I would spend time summoning, then trade the tasks for answers.  They seem to enjoy it as a game.  But I've heard you call your Daemons.  I've meant to ask why you consider yourself to be summoning demons.  I would have thought that a Christian Theurgist would be summoning angles to protect him.   Perhaps your intent, that it is a daemon you are calling, is why yours aren't so nice.  I'm not sure.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3157 on: <04-01-16/1017:54> »
Marco looked at Jed with envy and then said “My initial experiences with spirits were as you describe them. I was lonely, I needed someone to talk to - so I summoned. It appeared that people were afraid to get close to me and I had very few friends at my early years.”

Marco sighed and added after a short pause “Imagine my first public summoning done in order to be accepted to an elite program, I passed the test. Tough when my spirit appeared the committee's first response was fear. I looked at them astonished as they assaulted my spirit and sent it back to where it came from.

Until that point my spirits looked very normal to me as they always appeared as red horned creatures and I found nothing wrong about it. To the priests it was so obvious that they were Daemons that I never questioned it. In retrospective, I cannot blame them for thinking that knowing that people do draw Daemons in that manner.

Their disapproval of my summoning and inability to later teach me how to summon correctly eventually became a disapproval of me. Some even suggested that my own talent is unholy and that my parents have made a deal with the devil and I was an abomination.”

« Last Edit: <04-01-16/1025:56> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #3158 on: <04-01-16/1221:28> »
Anders inclines his head down to look at the energetic teen and his friend Z.  Shutting his eyes and laughing a little to himself at their camaraderie.  He lazily opens his eyes and shrugs, while speaking to the aspiring magician in his foreign norwegian manner of words.  "Like your friend Z says, don't worry about it.  Helping out a kinsman in need, well, that's one of the coolest things ever.  That, in my opinion, is stronger than magic and steel."  Anders gives Bootstrap an approving look and says endearingly to Z next to him.  "You got a great brother and friend.  I think he'll be a really brutal mage one day.  Anyway, I got to go talk to Yelena and Arc about some business.  Catch you guys later."

The Norse conjurer says a few things to Tróndur í Gøtu before moving onward.  "Kom Tróndur í Gøtu, vi får gå vise min arbeidsgiver at vi ikke er mewling unger."  The spectral einherjar nods ever so slightly in agreement and shadows Anders.  Nearly nine feet tall, the giant spirit shakes the ground under heavy forlorn boots.  The pair looked hilariously out of place in the mechanic's workshop garage.  Anders notices the elf Yelena sharing a drink with Arc.  He draws closer, but notices the two were already speaking beforehand.  He felt a little bad about intruding in on their conversation but realizes it can't be helped.

[spoiler]Come Tróndur í Gøtu, we better go show my employer that we aren't mewling whelps.[/spoiler]

A shot of vodka is offered to him as walks nearby.  Anders had frequented enough bars to know that the proffered drink was vodka.  Not wanting to turn down a free drink, he imbibes the caustic alcohol in a quick gesture.  The liquid burning his throat and bringing a few tears to his eyes.  Letting out a heavy and vaguely pained sigh, Anders greets the russian elf and says.  "Takk. Vært ønsker en sterk drink siden i går kveld."  He grabs a clean glass and pours another shot of vodka.  Instead of downing it himself, he hands it to Tróndur to drink.  Doing such a thing might be completely alien to the rest of them.  But it was the norm for Anders.  To Yelena he says again.  "Dette er Tróndur í Gøtu.  Han er en gammel kriger jeg innkalt fra Valhalla.  Han skal forlate tilbake til Odin snart.  Ønsket å gi ham en drink før han dro.  Du spurte hva jeg kunne gjøre da vi møttes for første gang.  Vel, dette er det.  Jeg kan trylle Valkyries, Einherjar, Wights, Brann kjemper, Storm kjemper, Dokkalfar dverger, Ljosalfar feer og alver.  Jeg kan gjøre dette og mer til å hjelpe i din misjon."

[spoiler]Thanks.  Been wanting a strong drink since last night.

This is Tróndur í Gøtu.  He's an old warrior I summoned from Valhalla.  He'll be leaving back to Odin soon.  Wanted to give him a drink before he left.  You asked what I could do when we first met.  Well, this is it.  I can conjure Valkyries, Einherjar, Wights, Fire giants, Storm giants, Dokkalfar dwarves, Ljosalfar fairies and elves.  I can do that and more to help in your mission.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-01-16/2255:23> by Mulcarn »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #3159 on: <04-01-16/1811:16> »
Jed listened intently to Marco's description of his early years.  Have you ever considered that you might not actually BE a Christian Theurgist?  You talk about having trouble learning from them.   The simplest explanation is that you are trying to learn from the wrong tradition.  To be perfectly honest my friend, you seem like a very nice, considerate Black Magic practitioner.  All the little goth kids who say they worship Satan and want to put hexes on people are not what black magic is really about.  Its about pleasure and control of others.  You seem to understand people, and know how to get them to do what you want.  Instead of completely exploiting that for your own gain, you actually spend more time finding out what they want to giving it to them, but, honestly you fit it with their practice more than anything I know of.  Black magic does tend to borrow symbols from other religions, so maybe that's how you learned anything at all using Christian practices.  You've even said you like to communicate by mental link because your voice alone manipulates people.  What do you think about that idea?
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #3160 on: <04-02-16/1004:16> »
I sense the spirit before I enter the garage.  A quick check in astral confirms it is a) not Marco's and b) well controlled.

This must be the other summoner Yelena-sensei mentioned...

Remaining wary I enter the main room and simply watch the thing for a few moments before my concentration is disrupted by a hug from my best friend.  Not sure how to answer the younger girl's question, I'm grateful when Yelena takes the duty from me.  A few more moments later and I'm totally forgotten as Rabbit moves on to more interesting things.  I watch as Bootstrap, a young mage I have more than a little proprietary interest in as a senpai, is drawn to the spirit and the summoner like a moth to flame.

A moth to flame.  I hope that metaphor doesn't end up being literal...

I scowl as Bootstrap is mesmerized and beguiled by the demonstration from this new mage.   By the look of him and his spirit, he's a Scandinavian.  Having lived in Berlin for a year, I got to know some of my father's associates from points north.  We once visited Copenhagen for a weekend.  I wasn't a mage back then and gave no thought to northern magic, but from what I saw in a museum up there this man must be some kinda Viking wannabe. 

Great...just great...

Still, it is what it is.  Lost puppies apparently are Arc's weakness and I'm in no position to complain having accepted my supper bowl and bed already.  If Arc and Yelena accept this man, I'll handle it.  And who knows, maybe this summoner's tradition will actually make rational sense!

I drop slip back into a corner and let the bags slip from my fingers to the floor before dropping more deeply into astral perception.  Let's see what this summoner and his minions are made of...
« Last Edit: <04-03-16/0934:05> by Shaman_Yuri »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3161 on: <04-02-16/1256:38> »
Yelena smiles at Arc.  "Yelena like van.  Arc fix like van we steal?"  She hands Anders his drink when he comes up, pleased to see him drinking it the right way.  Vodka should not be sipped, but each shot should be enjoyed all at once.  She is confused when he offers the second glass to the Viking.  "Så, på humøret vil drikke med oss? Deretter vil jeg ristet brød med ham."  Yelena lifts her glass to the huge armored Viking and toasts.  "Velkommen Herren Tróndur í Gøtu. Jeg hyller de kriger i deg. Drikke i fred, fest i seier, og ser til krig for ære.

[spoiler]So, your spirits would drink with us?  Then I will toast with him.

Welcome lord Tróndur í Gøtu.  I salute the warrior in you.  Drink in peace, feast in victory, and look to war for glory.[/spoiler]

Yelena slams back her second shot and looks at Anders, nodding.  "Spirit fight for Anders?  Strong warrior.  Yelena like."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3162 on: <04-02-16/1734:40> »
Jed listened intently to Marco's description of his early years.  Have you ever considered that you might not actually BE a Christian Theurgist?  You talk about having trouble learning from them.   The simplest explanation is that you are trying to learn from the wrong tradition.  To be perfectly honest my friend, you seem like a very nice, considerate Black Magic practitioner.  All the little goth kids who say they worship Satan and want to put hexes on people are not what black magic is really about.  Its about pleasure and control of others.  You seem to understand people, and know how to get them to do what you want.  Instead of completely exploiting that for your own gain, you actually spend more time finding out what they want to giving it to them, but, honestly you fit it with their practice more than anything I know of.  Black magic does tend to borrow symbols from other religions, so maybe that's how you learned anything at all using Christian practices.  You've even said you like to communicate by mental link because your voice alone manipulates people.  What do you think about that idea?

There was wisdom in these words tough it was hard to accept a pagan tradition. Catholicism had serious issues with these. Marco replied "You convinced me to do some reading about that pagan tradition, Black magic seems interesting and in many ways describes me. I think that it is impossible to follow a tradition that I have not encountered before. I am not a stranger to the claim that I do not practice christian magic, I was called pagan before. 

The concrete evidence to me not being a christian mage is my spirits. I can summon spirits that are not part of Christian traditions. Non of my fellow mages can trigger spells through a spirit. Yet I can have a spirit cast a heal spell in the other side of town. I am here studying because a magical activity that cannot be done within christian tradition. I healed Firefly with a spirit that sort of molested her while healing. This is when I understood that there was something very wrong with me or with my talent."

« Last Edit: <04-02-16/1737:02> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #3163 on: <04-03-16/0241:48> »
@Firefly - You shift perception and view the garage and it's inhabitants as it truly is, and as they truly are.  A stark contrast of warm vibrant auras set against cold gray metal and concrete.  Highly processed machinery, utterly devoid of life or mana are the tools and trade of Arc and her home.  But your attention is focused not on steel and scenery, but on the stranger freely talking to your fellow runners and friends.  His aura burns brighter and more powerful than yours.  Illuminating the astral around him like a lighthouse.  The mixture of colors and different hues paint the picture of his signature and current mood.  A glowing shine of wintry blues make up his soul.  Tasting contentment and smelling pride.  You can tell he's happy for the most part.

The spirit towering next to him is an oddity unto itself.  A tether links the two together and upon his aura marks him with his summoner's signature.  Shining not as bright but hotter than the stranger, it's evident that the spirit is more powerful than both him and you.  But how can such a thing be?  The rules of summoning is universal throughout every tradition and the laws immutable.  Only wise and capable mages can call forth spirits greater than themselves.  To do so otherwise would prove fatal to the conjurer.  Yet what you see is something breaking those rules and ignoring those laws.  Other than that, the viking seems to be enjoying himself and is non-hostile.

@Yelena and Arc - Anders grins at the russian elf's praise toward Tróndur and to himself.  No snarky comments and condemnation from either of them or anyone for that matter.  A minor demonstration of skill was all it took to break the ice and show he was unafraid and that he was prepared.  Quietly and without a word, Anders pours himself another shot and throws it back in one gulp.  Bringing a new set of pain and tears as the alcohol washes down his throat.  Once the burning sensation dissipated, Anders utters a reply to Yelena and Arc.  "I'm no warrior or battle-hardened killing machine.  And i'm not going to pretend to be either.  Most of my strength comes from the brave spirits who fight on my behalf.  But... i'll still help you however I can."
« Last Edit: <04-03-16/0244:41> by Mulcarn »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3164 on: <04-03-16/0909:49> »
Yelena looks from the towering Viking to Anders and back.  She smiles at the man's ability to drink vodka as it was meant to be drunk.  She grins at the man and says, "Yelena has question.  Ask in English so Yelena Srui and others hear.  Question why?  Why come?  Yelena know mage man help Feathers.  But Yelena take companions to fight and kill.  Why Anders want come?"