NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3030 on: <03-15-16/2221:15> »
Merlin is there within twenty minutes with three other Howlers including Blue and Sarge. He looks at you with a grin on his face and says, "I stopped fa dis." And he holds up a small keg. Then he spots Fathers and making a beeline for him hugs him with the arm not holding the keg and says, "Yo prof. Damn ya look like hell." He looks at Arc, "Where's the cups? Prof be needin' a drink!" Feathers hugs him back and says, "I feel like hell. And I won't turn down that drink." He looks over at Anders and motions him forward. "And pour one for Anders here. He's damn near as bad and kept me alive in there." He motions Anders forward, "Anders, meet my friends. Everyone, meet Anders."
« Last Edit: <03-16-16/1049:52> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #3031 on: <03-15-16/2244:40> »
<<Yelena-sensei, if you're going to Arc's place can you pick me up on the way?>>

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3032 on: <03-16-16/0137:20> »
Yelena is watching the news when Marco comes home.  She stands to greet him, not letting him get away with no wimpy kiss.  No way.  Not this girl.  She locks him in a kiss that expresses all her worries and hopes in one lip-locking, pulse-pounding, tongue-penetrate-the-mouth, super-duper, economy sized kiss.  Then she gets serious with the kisses.  When they come up for air, she is sitting astride him and looking at his face.  "Yes.  Missing news of club.  Much arrests.  Much people found basement."  The ping to her 'link is initially ignored, but the tone indicates it is from her Srui and Yelena places one finger across Marco's lips and takes the call.  She says, "We be there." 

Yelena stands and offers a hand to Marco.  "Feathers show up garage.  We go meet.  Call cab.  Arc has bike.  Eat there."  Firefly's text comes in as Marco is calling a cab and she sends a response.  >>Firefly.  Is Yelena.  Yelena come get decker mage.  Where are?  Yelena with Marco.  Is OK?<<
« Last Edit: <03-16-16/2313:31> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #3033 on: <03-16-16/1515:37> »
Anders only wanted to make sure the guy got home safely before he called it a day.  Staying for a celebratory drink wasn't on the schedule per se.  To him it felt like he was intruding upon their get-together with no business being there except to serve as a crutch.  He raises an open hand and waves dismissively.  "He's exaggerating, I hardly did a thing.  I just happened to be at the right place at the right time."  The words spoken by the young nordman were fluent english but still retained a strong accented mixture, betraying that he wasn't an american native.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3034 on: <03-16-16/1517:21> »
Marco is uncertain what is the occasion but he is happy that Yelena feels so passionately about it, he was a bit frustrated when he entered the house but after seeing her it was all gone.

He is happy when Yelena mention the club - "I am glad we came out of that alive, it was not easy for me."Marco sighed "At least something good came out of it. Tough as usual it feels as if the real story is not in the news." Marco asks Yelena "Would you like to fly there?". 
« Last Edit: <03-16-16/1905:39> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #3035 on: <03-16-16/1812:20> »
Arc nodded as she sat the two men down for them to eat, opening the door to let Merlin and the other Howlers in.  Grinning all the while, she idly wondered how he'd react to the short human's new tusks as she cleared some counterspace for the keg.  "Shtill working off some pain meds, so I'll pass"  She happily bounded back towards the group as she nodded excitedly.  "I let the othersh know we here, so we should exhpect them coming soon I think"

While the orks were gathered around Feathers, Arc focused her attention on the younger man that he came with.  Tilting her head at the accent, she offered a toothy smile as the short girl offered a hand.  "No need t-downplay y'shelf, omae.  Ya did a right thing bringin' him here.  Name's Arc...Anders, right?  Stick around a bit, it's null sheen, eh?"

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #3036 on: <03-16-16/1923:52> »
More guests and visitors crowded inside the garage.  They warmly greeted each other like long time friends.  Another reminder that he was an unintended stranger.  Anders got as comfortable as possible sitting next to the older man with the orks starting to convene to the one called Feathers.  His hostess looked to be a mechanic of some degree, augmented too.  Not wanting to be rude to the freely offered hospitality, while not wanting to overstay his welcome, Anders accepts what he can and returns with a handshake.  "Thanks for having me Arc.  Aye, it's Anders.  You look packed as it is.  It's cool if you need me to leave.  Really I won't mind."  Grinning back at the girl with a closed mouth to show he wouldn't be offended if he needed to go.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #3037 on: <03-16-16/2059:52> »
>>Firefly.  Is Yelena.  Yelena come get decker mage.  Where are?  Yelena with Marco.  Is OK?<<

>>I'm at my apartment.  That's right, you've never been here.  Location link attached.<<

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3038 on: <03-16-16/2303:55> »
<<George, sounds interesting. How much are these lessons and when would you plan for me to start them?<<

@ Subaru  George answer comes after some delay. >>The cost of the lessons would be 5k. You'd get acting lessons three times a week for three months. It would cover basic facial and body expressions as well as make-up and quick change. Then depending on your aptitude and your usefulness on different jobs we would see if you would be worth the further investment in time and resources to cover more.<<
« Last Edit: <03-17-16/1144:04> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3039 on: <03-16-16/2322:32> »
Yelena smiles at Marco.  "Yelena love fly.  Not this time.  Pick up Firefly on way.  Yelena try not mess rooms up.  We talk about everything on way.  Not stay long.  Yelena still tired.  Want sleep Marco tonight."

On the way down to the lobby, Yelena explains what she has done at his place so far, to include the meeting with his neighbor.  Once in the cab and on the way to pick up Firefly she says, "Things Marco think about.  Tell Yelena.  One - sleep same bed?  Two - shower together?  Three - Yelena not much cook.  Four - Yelena need go out errands.  Is OK?  Probably more, but is start.  Now, how Marco day?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3040 on: <03-17-16/1104:53> »
Marco's reply to Yelena's question is an embrace and a soft kiss. He tells Yelena, "I just want you to feel comfortable - I'd enjoy sleeping with you and teaching you how to cook and occasionally showering together."

He then sighed " How was my day.... I was doing errands most of the day buying magical supplies and reading about binding spirits. Then I came from a demonstration with Jed but well things did not end up as planned this is why I got home early to you. Spirits are unpredictable, tough it seemed like a good evening to be early."

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #3041 on: <03-17-16/1118:54> »
Arc flashed a grin, dismissing the polite offer to leave with a wave of her cybernetic right hand, gesturing to the others.  "naw, it's null sheen.  Any chummer what helps a man like that don't need a be kicked out.  We just shpill into the garage, aight?"  making a nod with Merlin, the mechanic would lead the young human through a side door into her adjoined shop, hitting the lights and turning on a couple space heaters.

If space was a question, it wasn't any longer, as the two-bay garage seemed capable of holding at least a dozen already.  All a matter of parts and pieces littered the worktables here and there, but otherwise was kept neat, an old tattered couch against one wall.  In the middle, a pair of motorcycles sat: one elf-modified Scorpion chopper in pristine order, and what looks like a partially built troll-sized Suzuki Mirage.

"Shee?  I told ya, ain't nothing but a thang.  Have a drink, snack, whateva."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3042 on: <03-17-16/1157:11> »
@ Arc  Hearing Arc's speech Merlin turns to look at her and then goes over to her and gently tilting her head whistles at the tusks. "Frag girl, you goin' full on orc." He turns, "Yo, take a look at these baby tusks she be growin' ." He laughs, "Next you be havin' horns an a Vruk!" The others come look and laugh and the grins are friendly. Blue answers, "She be having the Vruk. I done met 'im. It be why she be needin' the tusks. No Parduk 'na chen mei wid dem flat human teeth." The others all laugh and jostle her and Merlin looks surprised and then laughs giving her an approving punch in the arm.  He then goes over to Merlin and Anders and pouring another round says, "Aight teach, tells us how you be survivin' what was some obvious drek. You look like you done lost 10 stones in a week an ain't slept in longer."
« Last Edit: <03-17-16/2312:26> by ismilealot »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #3043 on: <03-17-16/2134:07> »
The sudden attention given to Arc about her new tusks made her go a little red in the face, the conversation with Anders interrupted as she found herself jostled around by the gangers.  The familiarity of the movements, culminating in the playful punch from Merlin, brought brief flashbacks of her upbringing into her mind, her expression tightening at the momentary discomfort.  The beatings, the shovings, the hard love...but no ,this was different.  This was affectionate, friendly movements.  Ones of acceptance, camaraderie...

Grinning toothily with the others, she waved them off with closed eyes, the human girl looking like one of the shortest orks in the group for a moment as she spouted off in Or'Zet.  "Skraa, Tchae na'so quaalz kirae."  Ease up boys,  I ain't shlitch of the hour here."  Shaking her head, she waved them off before glancing to the curious look of Anders.  "Don't mind em.  Buncha shlugheads, but they part of what keeps this hood together.  Also helpsh keep the drek outta my business, ya feel me?"  She paused, realizing that Feathers was about to share his piece..and she was just as interested in the pair's story.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #3044 on: <03-17-16/2231:01> »
The promise of a warm meal and strong drink was music to Anders' ears.  After not having anything to eat or drink in nearly a week made him lose roughly 15 pounds.  The painful growls in his stomach confirmed that he couldn't refuse the offer even if he wanted.  Anders greedily takes up a glass and downs it one gulp.  The bittersweet taste wetting his tongue and lips.  He exhales heavily and says to Arc.  "Well as long as you don't mind me being here.  Also i'm not downplaying anything.  Your friend here, Feathers, deserves more credit than me.  Anyway it went sorta like this..."

5 Days Ago...

Nothing ever goes as planned.  Even the simplest task, the most minute pleasure.  Anders had discovered through his own personal investigation, of a drug that would allow mundane folk a chance to glimpse the other side.  But there's more to it than that.  When an Awakened would imbibe this miracle drug, it would endow them with even greater magical power.  This piqued Anders' curiosity.  He set off to find the dealers of this new substance.  Coming across the right club took little to no time at all.  However, there was a complication, the dealers only sold to non-mages.  They feared what might happen if a magician might partake and promptly banned selling it to the Awakened.  Anders wasn't so easily discouraged.

Through clever wordplay and a bit of guile, Anders managed to convince one guards that he wasn't magical.  He dropped some nuyen, smiled real friendly like, and viola he had some Stardust in hand!  Taking the drug was a very bad idea.  It was difficult to say what effect it exactly had on him, but it wasn't good.  The Stardust didn't make him stronger, it just made him think he was stronger.  He became grandiose and delusional.  Believing himself to be one of Odin's chosen destined for Valhalla.  Anders went berserk in the middle of the club.  Firing off a few rounds from his Savalette Guardian at some random thugs that he thought looked funny.  Lucky for him he just had gel rounds loaded.

After a brief tumble with club guards and dealers, they subdued Anders and threw him inside the basement.  The only reason they didn't kill him was because they were interested what effect the drug had on mages.  So to make sure he stayed alive, he intentionally acted crazier and crazier.  Spouting nonsense at them in norwegian or babbling hocus-pocus mumbo-jumbo.  But this was only a temporary fix.  He wanted to escape but he hadn't the means to do so.  Instead he stayed there imprisoned at their mercy.  At any moment they could kill him.

Time was difficult to keep track of.  There was no clock, and only minimal provisions.  They kept him along with a few others they managed to round up down there.  Eventually an older man was brought down with the rest of them.  Seeing as he was too aged to survive the harsh treatment, Anders dropped some subtle clues on what to do and how to act.  The old man quickly picked up on what Anders meant and behaved the same as he did.  Intentionally starved in sub-human living conditions.  The dealers were determined to break their will and bring them to heel, or kill the two if that proved impossible.

It took a while, but the two mages managed to collaborate an escape plan.  Together they worked some mojo and promptly busted out.  Taking out a few of the slimeballs with them and recovering their confiscated gear.  As they were cutting loose, Feathers dropped a call to the police about some people being kept in cages underneath a club.  Which was smart of the old timer because it helped cover their escape.  Even though Anders had been locked up longer, Feathers was having a hard time standing up.  The young conjurer offered to help walk him home in exchange for a favor later in case he needed the help.