NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1800 on: <09-20-15/2359:53> »
Arc took a step towards the pair, almost forgetting her virtual status as she moved as if to interject herself between the two ladies, anticipating an altercation of sort.  But, after a single step, the barbarian mechanic stopped herself, the younger decker mage rising up to the challenge, staring up at the taller Russian with that look.  That right there is what interested Arc the most.

...that's fear.  Suppressed fear.  That's me.  A couple years younger, but frag all if that was me  Shaking her head and crossing her arms back under her bust, the rigger adopted a small grin as she placed a virtual hand on the young girl's shoulder, nodding to the keeb.   "She'll live.  You see it as well as I do, Srui.  She's not one to just lay down and let life take her by the slot"  A little vulgar, but it got the point across as Arc glanced at the girl, her confident smirk giving reassurance.

"Few ever are born in the shadows, girly.  The rest of us that get thrown with it got two choices: get chewed up by that which goes in the dark, or rise up and make your place in em.  You got the heart, I can see that.  You stick with us, and I give you my word as a Howler, as a human and as a decent being, that taking part with us will keep you above that 4K line ya need, and keep you in a way to do that, ya heard?"

After a pause, she glanced up at Yelena, wondering if she had any more to cover tonight...it was likely clear that Arc's time was close to wrapping up.  Glancing back at Firefly, she made a gesture to where she spotted her deck.  "I'ma get in touch with you and Rabbit about when we're going down with this deal.  Think you can swing by in the afternoon an hour or so before dark and we'll see about tuning that baby up a beat?"  She gave a wink and a thumbs up, waiting for her and/or Yelena to respond.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1801 on: <09-21-15/0005:04> »
Yelena looks at Firefly.  "So decker girl in?  Take lives. Save more lives.  Learn to live shadows?"

Yelena waits for the answer, then continues.  "Arc leave soon for rigger man.  Yelena want help dressing.  Decker girl stay to help?  Or have other thing to do?"
« Last Edit: <09-21-15/0105:06> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1802 on: <09-21-15/1239:01> »
@ Yelena Virtual Goddess responds a fewminutes later, >>Revenge is a very poor contract. People get sloppy and then they get dead. I will check the data for you because I'm a professional. I expect the same from you. I can tell you right now the woman has a 100k¥ price tag. More if you can provide proof of suffering.<<

When Yelena goes to her room later after the meet is done the smell of cigarettes and vodka tells her that Nicolai is already there. He's lounging on the bed. He's relaxed for him. Meaning hrs cleaning his weapons. They take up most of the bed, custom pieces all, he'd taught her more about weapons than anyone. Before Nicolai she'd been talented with a gun. After Nicolai she'd been a assassin. He looks up and says, "Мы уезжаем в конце месяца, чтобы убить их."

[spoiler]"We leave in the end of month to kill them."[/spoiler]

@ Arc  When you wake up and move something falls off your forehead. When you look around it's the burned out EPS. And Henri & Jaime are smirking. And then they both burst out laughing at the look on your face. The rest of the afternoon every time they look at you they both smirk. And the first time you catch site of yourself you know why. The fraggers hadn't been content to just put it on your forehead and leave it at that. No, they'd obviously painted it wit summat as your forehead had a fancy little Z Z Z z  on it.

@ Marco  When you meet the doctor he smiles at you and says, "Ahhh, Marco sweetie, Gina would have been acceptable. but, I'm glad it's you." He's already had a few drinks and at least one party favor.

@ Subaru  Lexi contacts you, >>Shut tight, need Renge & Bootstrap.<<

@ Blake  It's a long day at the office. You can tell you did not earn pixie points for all the days you called off to look for Stewart.
« Last Edit: <09-21-15/2142:01> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1803 on: <09-21-15/1831:49> »
It worked!

In my relief that I wasn't thrown out on my hoop, or worse, I forgot my knees were jelly and barely managed to drop with some dignity into the sofa behind me.

"I do hear, Met...'I mean Arc," I assure the rigger before looking back and forth to both women.  "And yes, I will definitely be here tomorrow afternoon to make sure I'm ready to help however i can in whatever goes down tomorrow."

I'm still connected to my Erika and note Lexi's request to give her a hand, but at the same time my newest teacher is asking me...to help her dress?!?  In a quandary I reason that dressing Yelena can't take more than half an hour.  Whatever Lexi has going down a little delay can't possibly cause any harm.  This opportunity to learn more about the Russian enigma simply cannot be passed up.  And anyway, despite my Islamic faith, I am Japanese.  The duty of a student to teacher is sacred to my people.

"I need to check in with Lexi...I mean Rabbit...in a bit, but I can hang around long enough to help you get ready.  It'll be nice to touch nice clothes again.  It's been...a while..." I share wistfully.
« Last Edit: <09-21-15/1833:34> by Shaman_Yuri »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1804 on: <09-22-15/0101:36> »
Yelena smiles at the carefully worded warning and replies.  >>Virtual Goddess.  Is Wanderer.  Wanderer said personal, not revenge.  Is different.  Wanderer professional, not early amateur.  Send data for research.  Wanderer look for contract.  Let Virtual Goddess know.<<

She nods at Firefly and heads to the living area with her.  She is already pulling her shirt over her head when she stops at the door.  From behind, the decker can see a very large tattoo of a tree on Yelena's back.  The twisted trunk starts at the small of her back and reaches up to her neck, with the top just poking into her hairline.  There are many branches extending from the trunk, some of the lower and larger ones reaching to her sides.  The detail of the artwork is phenomenal, but a close look will reveal that it is likely the work of several artists over time, although each new tattooist tried hard to meld their portion into the whole to make it appear seamless.  The tree would be beautiful if it were not dead and barren of any foliage.  Instead, small skulls drop from the branches on metal chains.  There is some variance in the length of the chains as some of them extend below the next branch down and some are short, and the skulls are of different sizes as well.  The overall effect is not entirely symmetrical and is rather eerie.  An observer would have to be dedicated in counting the hanging skulls as there are many, over four hundred in all.  Additionally, there is a large pile of skulls on the ground on each side of the tree trunk, and it appears that several have rolled away from the piles to litter the ground out to both sides.  A close observer will notice rats frolicking amid some of these separated skulls and a pair of serpents winding through a couple of those on the piles.  On close inspection, what appears to be shading in the background is actually a host of humanoid shapes just beyond the tree; some small and others large although it is impossible to make out any details except for one small girl, who stands near the center of the crowd.  The girl stands a bit forward of the other shadows and one can make out certain details, including her eyes.  The entire scene is the only tattoo on Yelena's back, but is an impressive work of art.

Yelena puts an arm behind her to stop the girl, then turns to face her.  Besides the obvious female attributes, Firefly sees another large tat and a number of smaller ones.  On her left breast is a sunburst with ten ornate rays reaching out from the central orb.  There are some Cyrillic letters and the number 27 above the lettering and 2034 below it on the orb and each ray has a four digit number.  The sequence would indicate that these are years, the earliest with the number 2035.  Other tats cover her chest, but nothing comes closer than perhaps two inches from the sunburst and there is enough empty skin directly below the sunburst to have inked in another of the same type and size.  Firefly would also be better able to see the arm tats.  Both upper arms have what appears to be scrollwork that circles the arm.  Cyrillic lettering fills the scrolls.  The right shoulder bears a very nice rendition of a Chinese dragon and the left a large black rose.  Mixed among the tats are various scars from bullet and knife wounds.  Prevalent among these are three large puckered scars on her chest near her heart.

Yelena's violet eyes take on a glint that might be a reflection of the light in the garage, but her voice definitely has a steely edge to it.  Firefly might notice that the Keeb's hand has dropped to the butt of her holstered pistol.  "Decker girl went room.  See man?  Man touch Firefly?  Man hurt Firefly?  Man dangerous.  Firefly understand?"  Yelena waits for the girl's responses.  "Good.  Plan change.  Yelena dress later.  Decker girl go Rabbit.  Yelena see tomorrow.  Sorry."

Yelena waits to see if the girl leaves before doing anything else.
« Last Edit: <09-26-15/0247:53> by Mercy Merchant »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1805 on: <09-22-15/0130:35> »
"Wiz bang, Firefly. I'll look forward to it, and to see what kinda tech you sporting in meatspace this time around.  Anyhow, sure my Vruk is pinin' away waitin' for me.  Yelena...you give me a buzz when ya home safe, got it Srui?  Good luck tonight.."   Shooting the both of them a salute, the projection gave a smirk and a wink before disappearing from view, the rigger's consciousness flying through the Matrix and back to her meat body.  ll the while, her thoughts were on her team, on the mission, on the new decker who may yet be a runner with their cause, and with her blood sister who was about to engage in every temptation Arc knew she was fighting, and then some.  Maybe for the best that it didn't take long to jack out...

@ Arc  When you wake up and move something falls off your forehead. When you look around it's the burned out EPS. And Henri & Jaime are smirking. And then they both burst out laughing at the look on your face. The rest of the afternoon every time they look at you they both smirk. And the first time you catch site of yourself you know why. The fraggers hadn't been content to just put it on your forehead and leave it at that. No, they'd obviously painted it wit summat as your forehead had a fancy little Z Z Z z  on it.

"Huhwa...huh..."  The clunk of something heavy and metallic against her stomach jolted her from her seemingly comatose state as Arc focused her cybereyes to see her Vrukart and Srui'kart lar smiling at her.  Deviously.  Scratching her head, she eyed the two of them as her cyberhand picked up the offending thing on her gut...the EPS that fried...the faint scent of ozone was obvious.  "The frag...?  The hell you two hoops doin', playing fraggin' Jenga on my noodle?"  Grinning, she set the thing down before giving each of them a light punch, joining innocently in their merriment and joshings as they returned to their work.

But they wouldn't stop laughing.  It wasn't that funny..  Confused, Arc tried to brush it off as the trio tried again to slap their experiment together, taking greater care to avoid the same mistakes they had made earlier.  Glancing over to Jaime, Arc was relieved that he did not seem upset that she had taken the time to make her meeting.  Maybe it was because I could have left in meatspace and ended our day together...heh.  Nah, this worked.   The man had caught Arc glancing at him, and burst out into guffaws much to the rigger's confusion, but she tried to shake it off, content with flicking a rubber band at the man in mild impudence.

It wasn't until Henri's daughters Angelica and Maya came home from school that Arc learned the deep hidden truth of the men's schemes, the two orkette children rushing in to say their hellos, excited that their uncle and aunt (Holy drek, AUNT?!) were over to visit and hitting each of them with a fullbody hug.  Babbling and chatting up a storm, they both took turns glancing at the mechanic with the cybernetic arm and busted out laughing, little Maya almost in tears from the ordeal.  "Wha, why are you..."  And then she saw it, reflecting off a piece of sheet metal...

Her reflection, with Zzz's painted all over her forehead.

"...oh, you're dead!"  A grin plastered on her face, Arc grabbed a grease pen next to her and practically tore the cap off, holding it in front of her as she advanced on the men, who amidst their riotous laughter had retreated behind their contraption.  Several minutes of chases, near accidents, and a few shrieks of excitement from the girls later, it was Bettina who called the truce, fists resting on her motherly hips as her stern expression caused the shenanigans to grind to a screeching halt.

"Dinner's on in a half hour, and I will be thrice darned if I'm going to let a bunch of yahoos that act younger than my children have cake if they keep this up.  Are you three about done with your project?  Because I think it's about time we call it a day, huh?  Girls, wash up, you can visit your Tary'kart and 'ken in a bit"  Some protests were made from all parties, but no one dared openly defy the matriarch of the household, the girls retreating to wash up, leaving the three tinkerers to wrap up their stuff.

As they surveyed their mostly finished work, Arc couldn't help but lean against Jaime, her head against his arm as she gave a little smile.  "...thanks for today.  It was...nice..."  a little tear started to fall down her cheek, the thought of having a (mostly) full day of doing something simple...something safe, light, and without worry...almost too overwhelming for her...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1806 on: <09-22-15/0245:41> »
That bitch that thinks I am hers after just one night... she could never handle this date. I hope she’s safe.  Tina smiles and says “Its Ginny, but it was a one time thing a favor for your guest.” It may be a bit surprising at first but Marco does not excessively drink or do drugs while working. He is not improvising and take great care of every minute facial expression and every word that he say. He need to be in complete control if he wants to move up in this world. Control that he is not going to give up so easily even if it presumably for a good cause like taking down the Sturdust.

Yet, Marco is confident and loud and can do almost anything while still in control, from table dancing to karaoke singing or to saying the most outrageous things. In fact Marco likes to upset people a little bit, it makes the emotional movement more challenging and when he get their emotion to what he wants it seems more rewarding to them as well. With Ginny he actually spoke his mind and his real thoughts got her bolting barefoot out of the apartment. Nobody likes Marco, they all just like this image he builds around himself. They all like how Marco can make them feel. What Ginny described was exactly why his clients had him. He makes them feel alive. His presence do that to people. His real emotions? Nobody wants to hear about them, not even Yelena.

The night moved on greatly and Marco expertly did his job, not thinking about anything else in the world. It was almost morning when he got dressed and left the doctor's luxurious apartment. A divorcee, three children he has no real connection with. That piece of information was golden, perhaps there was more to his nature than first meets the eye.  Marco sighs. Ginny? She had her demon to look after her. He was a manifestation of Marco’s will to keep her safe but Marco doubted that she was going to slap a demon. He himself would never dare He hoped that she is safe as he entered his elevator, exhausted and barely walking straight. That was one hell of a night. Just what Marco needed.
« Last Edit: <09-22-15/0541:05> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1807 on: <09-22-15/0355:18> »
Yelena sees the frown of uncertainty on the girl's face and is relieved when she nods and turns to move away.  Yelena sees Bootstrap from over Firefly's shoulder, noting his open-mouth stare.  He is standing in the garage, looking at Yelena and Firefly and he gets all red in the face when he realizes that he has been seen.  The deer-in-the-headlights look he gives as he tears his eyes from Yelena's naked chest is precious and almost enough to soften her gaze.  Almost.  She pins him to the wall with her icy stare then gives her head a slight movement as if telling him to leave.  At least that is the way he takes it and bolts for the door.  Yelena softens her glance and her voice as she looks back at the girl.  "Decker girl go friend.  Nice boy.  Not used to Yelena.  Yelena see Firefly tomorrow."

After she is sure that both of the kids have left the garage, she turns back to the door to the living area and enters.  Seeing Nikolai Fyodorovich lounging on the bed sends a wave of pleasure and desire through her body.  The way he baldly admires her bare chest sends tingles to that place between her legs.  His presence evokes vivid memories of yesterday morning's romp.  She smiles at him as she tosses her shirt onto Arc's bed and goes to stand over him, admiring his weapons almost as much as she admires his body, even clothed as it is right now.  But now is not the time to let her body control her.  Yelena has something she needs to say, even if Nikolai Fyodorovich takes it the wrong way.  She gathers her courage to her side, calling on the shadow to give her strength and looks him in the eyes.  "Благодарю вас за не соприкасается с девушкой. На что она носит я полагаю, что она - мусульмане и не молились. Я правильно? Известно, что я ее, и она находится под моей защиты. Она является частью моей семьи здесь. Вам не разрешено ее, или каких-либо других моих малых Bratva, без моего разрешения если они обманывают нас. Я всегда будет Vory. Ничто не может изменить этого. Но я больше не вашей шлюхой Assassin'S Creed. Я многому научился у лучших. От вас. Я от убийства, а не из мести. И не по приказу кого-либо, кто оставил жизнь более чем тридцать один год назад только здесь и сейчас. Вы отказались от меня. В Vory позвольте мне умереть. Я постоянно моей клятвы но Vory остановлен питанием и жильем меня и пусть предатели убить моей семьи. Но я, Елена Солоха, выжила. Я по-прежнему выжить. Я готов сделать это до Tsina и Виктор потому, что они должны знать, что никто не может обманывать Vory и живут. И показать другим, что не произойдет еще раз."

"Меня не будет убивать этих людей, но моя услуги более не бесплатные. Я - не политические интриги. Не просто готовы оружием, которое следует повернуть ослаб на эту жвачку, прогулки на "массу".  Нет, я не совсем уверен в professional и я приму решение, чтобы убить и если его цена. Так, Николай Федорович, скажите мне вашего плана и название цена Елена Солоха. Мы оба Vory и наша жизнь Vory, и по-прежнему есть люди, живущие, помните, что мы сделали в Karibor. Но мы также реалисты и переживших."  She pauses to gauge his reaction.  She has called on the nearly sacred Vory tradition of family and claimed the position of leading her own Bratva and does not know how the man on the bed will take that.

[spoiler]“Thank you for not touching the girl.  By what she wears I would think she is Muslim and was praying.  Am I correct?  Know that I claim her as mine and she is under my protection.  She is part of my family here.  You are not allowed to hurt her, or any of the others of my small Bratva,  without my permission unless they betray us.  I will always be Vory.  Nothing can change that.  But I am no longer your whore assassin.  I learned from the best.  From you.  I make a living from killing, not from vengeance.  And not on the orders of someone who left my life more than thirty-one years ago only to show up here and now.  You abandoned me.  The Vory let me die.  I kept my oaths but the Vory stopped feeding and housing me and let traitors kill my family.  But I, Yelena Petrovna, survived.  I still survive.  I am willing to do this thing to get to Tsina and Viktor because they need to know that no one can betray the Vory and live.  And to show others so it does not happen again.”

“I will kill these people, but my services are no longer free.  I am not a stooge.  Not just a willing weapon to be turned loose on this scum that walks the earth.  No, I am a professional and I decide who to kill and if the price is right.  So, Nikolai Fyodorovich, tell me of your plan and name a price for Yelena Petrovna.  We are both Vory and our lives are Vory, and there are still people living that remember what we did in Karibor.  But we are also realists and survivors.”
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-22-15/1020:40> by Mercy Merchant »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1808 on: <09-22-15/1254:36> »
The sofa remained my friend throughout the rest of the meeting.  Razorgirl...no Yelena-sensei...sat back down beside me as the group settled the business at hand with the astral form of a mage called Jed and the holo form of the rigger Arc.  Apparently Marco, the mage on the phone (why I have no idea), had business and couldn't stay with us to the end.  He had a very sweet voice and I must admit to being curious what he looks like.  Maybe tomorrow I'll find out.

Bootstrap chose to remain standing against one wall.  He kept looking at me in a way that made me feel self-consciously for my hijab.  Yes, I would have to explain myself to the boy sometime - that I really am modest and not becoming a harlot just because I choose the company of kafir.  I will be sure to return to wearing my abaya like a good Muslim girl and perhaps regain some of his respect.

Once business is done and the astral and matrix presences have left for their meat bodies, Yelena and I proceed toward the room where just a little while earlier I performed prayers.  To my surprise, Yelena-sensei began disrobing even as we approached the door to the room she shares with Arc when the latter is at home.  I feel my face once again on fire in embarrassment, although it seems natural for the kafir elf.  THIS is one practice I will NOT be adopting from my teacher, I resolve.  Before I can think further on her actions, my eyes are drawn to the body art covering her torso.  Before I can focus too much on the intricate detail of the tattoos, she whirls on me, once again in 紫目悪魔 mode.  My eyes dance between her intense eyes and the new artwork now apparent on her ample chest.

Her questions come as a torrent, almost frenzied in her clear concern.  I stumble over my answers, uncertain what she's talking about.  "N..n...no!" I protest.  "I would never be alone with a man!" 

Just what does she think I am!  How can I explain to her there are differences between she and I without losing her respect?

Before I can try to explain, Yelena-sensei's agitation seems to cool, although her hand is on her weapon and doesn't seem to be moving.  I think she's more concerned for me than about me.  I didn't really search the room or anything.  Was there someone in there with me?  Only now do I realize the smell of tobacco smoke.  Yelena hasn't been smoking since my failed attempt to look mature.

Dear Allah, I was in a room alone with a man!

In my confusion and shame, I don't protest at being sent away by Yelena-sensei.  I think it's best she handle this, especially since she seems confident this man is dangerous.  As helpful as I would like to be, and as outraged as I am at this man, this is Yelena's issue to deal with.

I will be more careful in the future when I set up to pray.

I return to the garage where Bootstrap is waiting.  He seems disturbed too, his face nearly as red as mine must be.  He must have very good hearing and is embarrassed for me too.  As if it were possible, my face flushes even more at the thought of what my friend must now think of me.  We depart the garage, making sure to lock up.  The two of us make our way into the night in awkward silence.

[spoiler]紫目悪魔 or murasaki-me akuma means "violet eyed devil".  It's how Subaru now thinks of her new teacher.  And yes, she's called her that to her face once. :-)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-22-15/1419:34> by Shaman_Yuri »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1809 on: <09-23-15/0115:42> »
@ Jed  Mike contacts you, >>I'm on a job. So, no pool tonight. But, I wanted to remind you about Sammy's B-day party next weekend.<< It's more traditional to break the Friday night pool game than to make it. But, Mike loves pool way to much to not make it hen he can. Even if that's only once every other month or so.

@ Marco  When you return to the apartment Ginny isn't there and nothing's been touched

@ Yelena "Da" is Nico's reply.

@ Arc  The meal is once again generous and filled with the girls mile-a-minute chatter and Henri, Bettina and Jaime ask questions and laugh with the girls.

Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1810 on: <09-23-15/1036:26> »
Yelena nods at the acceptance and motions with her hands to the weapons on the bed, then kneels to look at them closely.  She puts her hand on a knife and carefully picks it up.  Looking at Nikolai over the blade she dredges several names from her memory and softly calls them out before replacing the knife on the bed.  Yelena repeats this with two more knives and one of the three guns.  Her hand and eyes pass over the rest of the weaponry without comment, placing them to one side.  Standing, she looks down at the man and the weapons on the bed.    "У вас есть несколько новых игрушек, Николай Федорович. Но я помню некоторые из этих."

"Теперь, я за сегодня вечером. Я иду в душ и, возможно, вы можете помочь мне одеваться после".

Yelena slips her jeans off her hips and steps out of them, waiting.  The man does not disappoint, rising from the bed and removing his clothes, exposing his arousal.  He bends over to take up one of his special knives and approaches Yelena, grabbing her by the throat with one hand and pushing her to the wall.  Without a word he pushes into her then pauses, allowing both of them to relish the pleasure of him being inside her.  He removes the hand from Yelena's neck, but she leaves it stretched as Nikolai pulls the razor-sharp blade across her throat, making a thin cut.  He offers her a taste of her blood then licks the remainder from the blade before tossing the knife onto the bed behind him.  He leans forward and licks at her neck as he begins his thrusts, which are matched by her own.  The shared passion is wordless but not soundless.  Nikolai takes her arms in his hands and pins them to the wall above her head as Yelena's sparkling violet eyes meet his and their mouths lock in a passionate kiss.  The pair eventually explode in an animalistic frenzy, panting and leaning against the wall for support.

After a bit of time, the man leads Yelena to the shower where they make good use of the minimal hot water to clean up.  Afterwards, he shows a remarkable gentleness as he helps her step into her dress and fastens it up the side for her.  Then, after gathering up his weapons, he tells her that he will be in touch and leaves.  Yelena walks with him to the door then puts her forehead against it after he is gone.  *Ah, Nikolai Fyodorovich.  Know how show good time.*

Yelena returns to the living area and takes some time to get her hair brushed and apply a minimal amount of makeup.  She tucks the small silk flower into her hair and steps back to see the effect.  Pleased, Yelena nods and picks up her handbag, removing her credsticks and putting all of them in a drawer except for one.  She calls up her bank account and sends a command to transfer 5000 Nuyen to the stick she slots into the port on her arm.  That done, she then commands the account to freeze until noon tomorrow and places 200 Nuyen in cash in the bag.  Finally ready, she smiles at herself and leaves the garage.

[spoiler]“You have some new toys, Nikolai Fyodorovich.  But I do remember some of these.”

“Now, I have to get ready for tonight.  I am going to shower and perhaps you can help me get dressed after.”
« Last Edit: <09-24-15/0045:07> by Mercy Merchant »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1811 on: <09-23-15/1317:47> »
As tired and happy as he was Marco decided to check on Ginny, "Where is she and how she is doing demon?" he mentally asked as he entered his apartment.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1812 on: <09-24-15/0129:39> »
Enchiladas pollo con chile verde y queso.  Arc had absolutely no fragging idea what all that meant, but all she could conclude is that it was fragging delicious as drek.  More often than not she had caught herself having been posed a question from either Bettina, Henri, or either of the two girls with a mouthful of the cheesy goodness stuffed in her maw, forcing her to either chew quickly or risk choking.  Luckily for her, Jaime was able to step in for a good solid number of the questions, answering for her with a matter of fact smile.

The questions...this family was sure creative with asking them, Tessa not catching any repeats from her first visit.  The whole family was very inquisitive about her...asking if her augmentations hurt, if her work sees any strange cases, what kind of schooling she had before getting a job, and so on and so forth.  The human was very happy to answer them...as much as she was willing to share, at least.

"Ahh....the eyes don't hurt that much at all anymore.  The arm and the rig still itch at the joining points, but Jaime says that's null sweat, and expected."

"Sometimes, yeah, actually.  Ever wondered what happens to a dwarf-sized Honda's roof when a troll tries to squeeze in?  Lemme tell ya, it ain't pretty..."

"Ah...most of my training was on the job.  Always surrounded by engines, so I just sorta picked it up, yknow?"

Arc had to be honest with herself for a lot of those questions, as she wanted to avoid the difficult answers.  Yes, while the eyes don't burn anymore since she was given these alphas, the arm definitely still has some pain to it, and the sensations of the neuroreceptors just aren't the same as real touch.  A lot of her jobs were for gang-related work, and fixing up after such a thing....Bettina may understand the abundance of such a need in the Barrens, but Tessa wouldn't dare bring that up in front of Henri if she had any say in it...and especially not with little ones that were staring at her with wonder and....adoration?

The schooling one hit home a bit...subconsciously she caught herself biting her lip with that answer, as it made her realize just how little education she probably got compared to Henri.  In truth, she didn't doubt that Angelina would surpass her in years of schooling in a couple years or so...a hard fact to swallow, but the mechanic reminded herself of one thing: even without the schooling, she found the skills to cement herself with a modest, legitimate living.

A living that I'm doing aside from running illegal drek for a good cause

She shook herself out of that mindset.  No.   Not here.  Here was Eth, here was family.  The job could wait till tomorrow, a point she reminded herself as she was served a second helping, the questions flurrying and her answers coming back almost as fast.  Angelina and Maya took the lead with questions this time, asking things like what games she used to play as a kid, if she watches any trid, if she is on the Matrix playing some games ("You gotta try the SpaceFighter Epsilon Squad beta with me sometime, it's super wiz!  I'm working on my flying skills, but I could use someone in my gunner seat you could totally do it!"), and things like that kids would ask.

Dinner passed, dessert came and went, and the kids retreated to get a head start on their homework for the weekend, leaving Tessa with her Vrukart, Henri and Bettina with Little J, full and content again, lounging in the living room.  The rigger was leaning up against Jaime almost lazily, head plopped on his shoulder as she gave a little, quiet sigh only he could hear, a gentle smile on her face.  Bettina, who seemed to be able to read Tessa like some book, gave some nod of recognition and understand to the younger girl as Little J rested on her lap, but it was Henri who eventually broke the silence, bringing back up the modification ideas for her arm.

"Been thinkin' about it some more, Tessa...that servos idea you had to increase the speed and motion might actually work, yeah.  But hear me out..what if in addition to putting in servo motivators, we boosted the response rate using some kinda magnetic system?  Like those hyper-trains all over Neo-Tokyo.  The concept would work with your Mitsuhama arm, I'd think...just lay in a track along the wiring, run some semiconduction current through it, and bam.  Electronic response speeds.  I can work out the schematics with you sometime?"

Suppressing a yawn, the girl gave a small nod, her grin returning as her curiosity got piqued.  "Uwah....that...that could actually work, but I'd imagine the tracks would need to be light...and then there's still the friction issue to deal with...as good as it sounds, I'm hoping we can work out a solution that doesn't involve carrying a can of oil for the arm every day, ya heard?"  Winking, she flexed her right arm a bit to make her point, mimicking creaking sounds which caused bouts of laughter, and this time not at the Zzz's printed to her head.

« Last Edit: <09-24-15/0133:16> by SgtBoomCloud »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1813 on: <09-24-15/0135:56> »
Marco called a taxi and took himself to the last place he knew about Ginny. Not before he quickly changed to some more presentable (and bullet proof) clothes and doned his crusader along with some gel and regular clips under his leather jacket.

The cosmetic is going to take a while to take off so it will have to wait for some other time. Hopefully in the night it will not be so visible. Once there he summoned a demon and asked it to find Ginny. In the mean while, Marco  started looking around for himself, walking in the streets at night and crying her name. Browsing his surrounding for possible clues. The night was cold and dark and defiantly not a good night to spend out doors.  "She is like a teenager... how odd is it that she is a decade older than me." thought Marco but he had to find her.

[spoiler]
Perception + actively looking: 12d6t5 5

Summon F6: 12d6t5 5
defense: 6d6t5 2
3 services gained, 2 drain.
Search extended test: 13d6t5 4
Search extended test: 12d6t5 4
Search extended test: 11d6t5 2
In 30 minutes the spirit get 10 success it should be enough to find Ginny in a 5 kilometers radius of her last known location.  We can continue the extended test, let me know if we need to.
(The search power is described on page 400 of the core rules)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-24-15/0146:57> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1814 on: <09-24-15/0140:30> »
@ Yelena  When you enter the Belagio you're greeted by an older human who says, "Miss Petrovna, I'm George. I've been asked to greet you and escort you to the table." He smiles at you and you recognize the smile of an underling, even if you don't recognize the man. He takes you directly into the casino but then pauses at the bar and says, "What will you have to drink?" And when he hears you say Vodka he smiles and procures their best. Bella and her husband are both happy to see you and each of them kiss you on both cheeks and turning introduce you to Keshan Nwankiri-Eseme. His accent places him from northern Africa and his charm and relaxed manner says he has been far removed from the troubles of those nations. And then follows an evening of vice that would shock many a thrice jaded hedonist. But, they never experienced a Russian prison. And Keshans propensity for violence during the evenings activities is more painful than Nicolai's. But, far less than Tsina's.