NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1605 on: <09-06-15/1643:46> »
@ Marco. Dr Anderson smiles at Ginny and says, "Any man who minds your hand on his arm, or your excitement" he pauses and takes a sip of his drink, smiling at her while he holds eye contact, "is obviously being paid to pretend to mind." Henri and another server bring your first course, along with a truly excellent white wine whose labelMarco recognizes. He smiles at Marta and reaches over to gently trail his fingertips across her neck, gently moving a lock of hair back. "I took the liberty of ordering the wine in your honor. Although I'm afraid that it still falls short of your taste."
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1606 on: <09-06-15/1652:28> »
@ Yelena &  Arc. Blake says, "If they've got a drug that can do that it makes them the most dangerous group on the planet. I'm seriously hoping your wrong. But some Intel ShadowSong gave me makes me afraid you're right." He pulls out a data chip. "Where can I slot this. You'll want to see this. Cause I'm not Stewart. Anything that won't actually get you killed just fot knowing I'll tell you". Uh-oh. That might be overshare, these guys aren't pros. They didn't sign for ride or die drek.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1607 on: <09-06-15/1654:23> »
It takes me a moment to parse what Lexi is saying.  I know that one of her names is Rabbit, but making sense of the rest of her clipped words takes some effort.  My English is really quite good, and I've been using it on the 'trix for my whole life, but this Barrens street dialect is something totally different.  Still, I think I get what she's saying.

"You did real good," I first assured Bootstrap.  The brown-haired boy turned that shy smile on me and it warmed my heart.  "You really knew when I needed help but you still kept me safe and got me to Rabbit.  Thanks!"  Then I looked into Lexi's gray eyes.  "I have an idea.  You know I have mojo sorta like Bootstrap?"  I waited for Lexi's knowing nod before continuing.  "Let me check something."

I peek my head back out so that I can see the warehouse and quickly assense to see if there are any astral signatures that scream magic coming from the place.

[spoiler]Assense: 6d6t5: 3 [6d6t5=5, 5, 2, 4, 3, 6][/spoiler]

As soon as I do my scan of the building I drop astral sight.   The less I use magic the better, my Wuxing Master taught me about stealth and magic.
« Last Edit: <09-06-15/1702:25> by Shaman_Yuri »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1608 on: <09-06-15/1749:58> »
Yelena brings the trid player from the bedroom and sets it up on a counter.  "Blake can use this?  And not worry.  Team can handle knowing.  Is better than not know.  Bosses keep secrets."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1609 on: <09-06-15/1833:58> »
@ Subaru. As you cast your senses out the world changed into that shadowed grey reaching out for you that was the Barrens. So much of it lifeless it sent  a chill through you. As you identified the warehouse and cast your senses toward it there was none of that brightness that identified the Awakened. But, some of the metahumans had that darkness that meant they were cybered.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1610 on: <09-06-15/1853:59> »
@Arc & Yelena. When Blake transfers the data you watch a long range security camera show a group of people come into a facility and then everything goes dark.  What follows after that is obviously enhanced data. The images of the group are captured, magnified and enhanced. A voice details the names and known bio's. The damage to the facility is shown as well as the bodies of the security and personnel. But, the worst is when the voice identifies some of the group as being reported missing, and each one of them has that glassy skinned appearance.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1611 on: <09-06-15/1854:09> »
I quickly slip back beside Rabbit and Bootstrap as soon as I complete the scan.  "Okay, there's no mag...mojo I can see in there.  That's good."  I consider just going in astrally, but there is always the possibility I missed something and I'm almost as vulnerable away from my body, magically at least, as I am in it.  Only on the Matrix can I really hold my own.  Okay, I kick ass on the 'trix, but that's neither here nor there.  And anyway, we need to find out about objects and I can't make out squat astrally about things that aren't alive.  Still...

I look back at my best friend.  The younger girl is looking expectantly at me with those huge and expressive gray eyes of hers.  Her hair is dark and greasy, but I know she can clean up nice and when she does she has the most beautiful sandy-brown locks.  I really hope that someday things turn out for her.  If I can ever slip out of the Yak noose, maybe she and I could team up.  For now, though, I better keep her at a little distance in case I end up with a bad case of dead.

"There are people with cybergear in there, Lexi," I explain.  "I can't tell with what, but be careful.  There is some serious nuyen going on in there."  Before the girl can respond I add, "If you want, I have some mojo that can make you really hard to see.  Hard for cameras and people - even cyber stuff.  Would you like that before you sneak in?"

[spoiler]Assuming Lexi agrees to the spell:

Improved Invisibility (force 4): 11d6t5: 4 [11d6t5=4, 2, 3, 5, 2, 3, 6, 4, 6, 6, 3]
Resist Drain (Force -1 = 3): 11d6t5: 2 [11d6t5=2, 2, 2, 1, 3, 3, 6, 6, 3, 1, 1]

Subaru successfully casts the spell but take 3 stun due to unsuccessfully avoiding drain.  OUCH!  Since I'm not sure if I cast it or not, I'll let the GM decide what just happened.

You have all been witness to my first spell cast in SR5e.  After a twenty year hiatus, I'm baaaaaack![/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-06-15/1922:33> by Shaman_Yuri »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1612 on: <09-06-15/2055:01> »
@ Subaru. Lexi's eyes go wide at the word 'invisible' and Bootstraps' breath sucks in in awe. Lexi quickly nods her head yes. But then her head cocks to the side, her mouth moues side to side and it twitches her nose and for a moment her thin face really does remind you of a rabbit. But it only lasts a moment. And then she says, "Thinking sneaky bunny sneak. Invisible Bootstrap. Bootstrap quick think. Good mojo. Invisible make great sneaky.' Bootstraps; eyes widen at the thought and he high fives Lexi and says, "We be world's sneakiest bunnies Rabbit!" He looks at you excited to be given the opportunity to become invisible.
« Last Edit: <09-07-15/0606:11> by ismilealot »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1613 on: <09-06-15/2102:47> »
@ Marco. Dr Anderson smiles at Ginny and says, "Any man who minds your hand on his arm, or your excitement" he pauses and takes a sip of his drink, smiling at her while he holds eye contact, "is obviously being paid to pretend to mind." Henri and another server bring your first course, along with a truly excellent white wine whose label Marco recognizes. He smiles at Marta and reaches over to gently trail his fingertips across her neck, gently moving a lock of hair back. "I took the liberty of ordering the wine in your honor. Although I'm afraid that it still falls short of your taste."
As Ginny takes her hand off Marta softly whispers... "It is alright sweetie... We both are charged up by now. " and her hand is lightly stroking Ginny's. When Mr. Anderson touches her neck Marta knows that she got his sexual attention, he tries to establish intimacy, but if she appears too eager it will be obvious. Instead, she seems a bit surprised, and a bit uncomfortable. Marta however, does not move his hand.  Instead, her eyes move to Ginny as if looking for her approval. As if to make it up for her, Marta brushes Ginny's hand quite sensually with her fingers.

When Mr. Anderson say that the wine is in Marta's honor, she smiles half a smile at Ginny, and give her the "You touched him first look". She then looks at Mr. Anderson and smiles seductively. "That is so thoughtful of you... 2049 was a very good year"   She is pretending that she tries to get Ginny jealous.
« Last Edit: <09-06-15/2110:57> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1614 on: <09-06-15/2112:39> »
Ginny blushes, but looks up at the doctor with a smile.  "Thank you for understanding.  It is just that I can really get into science and sometimes I forget that others are not all that into the same thing.  I can talk about my theories about melding Valcien crystals to pharmaceuticals all day, and most people think I am from Mars.  It is so refreshing to find someone who not only knows what they are, but can appreciate what they can be used for.  I have to confess that I was so very nervous about coming to join you at your table, but now I am quite glad that we did."  She focuses the limpid emerald pools of her eyes on the man, while her hand reaches out to touch his arm again.  Ginny is strangely influenced by the combination of Marta stroking her hand in a way no one ever has before and the man who knows science, finding the unfamiliar combination extremely erotic.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1615 on: <09-06-15/2128:02> »
Yelena looks closely at the vid.  "People names match missing?  And Blake think drug do that?  Must stop drug and club men.  Any word from Sam group?"

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1616 on: <09-06-15/2135:41> »
Once again, I had to really think through the words the kids spoke to make sure I got the meaning right.

"So, cast the spell on Bootstrap and you'll then both go in?"  When Lexi nodded, I shrugged.  Lexi knew how to sneak and far be it from me to second guess her.  In this area, the younger girl was the master.

Since we were in no huge rush, I decided it was best to take my time to cast right.  I pulled out a thin shawl I kept as a prayer surface when on the go.  Placing it on the ground with the longer edge facing east/west, I stood behind it facing the direction of the rising sun and recited the first chapter of the Holy Quran.  I'm sure my two friends watched me curiously as I spent the next few minutes alternately sitting and kneeling on the shawl, giving praises to Almighty Allah in a language they didn't know.  I wouldn't know for sure what they were doing, though, since my mind and soul were fully invested in supplicating myself to the One God.

When I was done, I immediately turned to Bootstrap and proceeded to recite my well-practiced formula for improved invisibility.  It was a spell I had learned from my Wuxing Master in Singapore, making it a little alien to my tradition.  Still, Wuxing and Islam have much in common, and my Master had worked with me to bridge the gap once we determined why pure Wuxing wasn't working for me.  I was pretty sure we'd worked all the kinks out, although I'd taken several hard knocks getting it right.

Then again, maybe not.

For an instant I felt the gratification that came from casting a successful spell.  Bootstrap began to fade from view when...

BAM!

Although I was kneeling, the blow of the mana backwash still knocked me off balance and I dropped on my butt.  Only the use of one hand kept me from collapsing to the ground.  The sensation was not unlike being whacked upside the head with a bamboo staff, something I experienced many times from my first Master, a Shinto mage-priest, who was certain my struggles under his tutelage were due to laziness on my part and not a total disconnect between Shinto and Islam.  How the heck was I supposed to follow a tradition of ancestor and royalty worship, with icons to boot?

Lexi was with me almost instantly and with her help I collected my wits and sat back up.  In response to her concerned look, I assured her, "I'm alright.  This happens sometimes.  You two get going and I'll watch you from here.  I need to so that the spell on Bootstrap will keep working."

As the two of them left, concerned looks on their faces, I settled myself where I could keep watch on the warehouse using astral sight.  I should have no problem keep both of them, although particularly Bootstrap in sight as long as necessary.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1617 on: <09-07-15/0032:33> »
Arc nodded her thanks go Yelena for.grabbing the grid projector, hopping onto the tattered couch she had set up in the garage as Blake slotted the datachip.  The little human's eyes were practically unblinking as she surveyed the footage,taking in the details.

To her, everything that she had learned was confirmed...the glassy appearance and the interference were connected, and those hoops at the Stardust were behind it.  Drek.  Taking a breath, the human closed her eyes, meat hand clasping with metal hand as she formed her words.

" Frag it all.  Yelena is right.  Forget the reason why Sam roped us up into this drek.  This goes beyond debt for the drek he set us up with after that blood mage.  Frag it, this sitch is the same deal.  Some hoops are roping in and takin peeps what don't deserve it, good hardworkin peeps just trying to get by.  Soo naht Q'Yak.. Ride or die, I'm in.  Whaddya need from me, Blake?". There was no sign of hesitation in her voice that accompanied the slamming her of cybered fist into the couch arm, her expression firm and unyielding.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1618 on: <09-07-15/0042:01> »
Yelena takes in the effect that the vid had on her friend and nods.  "Yes.  Yelena in.  Yelena go meet Bella tomorrow night.  Go club tomorrow in day talk Gregor and Hank for money and next job.  Might get information."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1619 on: <09-07-15/0708:29> »
@  Subaru  As they leave Subaru notes Rabbits' and Bootstraps movements. Rabbit is as quiet as smoke drifting in the night air, and going from shadow to shadow the way she does its easy to believe shes the worlds sneakiest bunny. A few feet away Bootstrap is almost as good, its rare for a board to creak under him. They're gone almost an hour and when they return Rabbit is excited. "They gots lots stuff, jack stuff!" she says tapping her neck. "Maybe work Firefly!" she says grinning at you.