NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1485 on: <08-29-15/1450:41> »
@ Yelena  Z looks at you calmly, "It ain't that I ain't grateful an drek. An I know gangs look out fer each other. But, they also be doing drek what I don't want fer my life. I got a cousins in gangs. My brother an sister both died in prison from their jobs in the gangs. Their peeps did be 'venging them, but, they still be dead. I think peeps should be taking care of each other 'cause we all be peeps. An I think being someone who looks out fer others 'cause it's the right thing ta do be like better than the angels what they teach about in them churches. Them angels they don' be helpin' nothin'. But, I seen people helping people an I think that who I wanna be. An I know you be thinkin' that I be brave 'cause I don' be tellin' 'em where you be. But, chip truth is I didn't know. Don't know how Rabbit did. 'cept she be real smart. She always be payin' attention ta drek. Don't think I don' be knowin' what ya' did fer me. I do, an it be stupid ta say no ta someone what can be protectin' peeps like you do. What be a hero. An, I don't be sayin' no. I be sayin' more like I wanna be a hero, not a ganger."

@ Arc  You get a comm from Rabbit, >>We watch. They be shippin' drek today metalgrl. Getting it loaded now. Hurrying to much for mule ta be coming late.<<
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1486 on: <08-29-15/1505:17> »
Marco wanted to return home, he really did but he also had work to do, so he decided to go catch up with Ambrose. He arrives at the boat and say, saying "Phoenix I am home" in an happy melodic voice. Marco is surprised to see Arc, and another young lady talking on the upper deck. He joins them and say "Arc? what are you doing here? who is your friend? Are we going for a boat ride?"

« Last Edit: <08-29-15/1534:19> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1487 on: <08-29-15/1527:55> »
As Yelena arrives back at the garage, she thinks over the last words she had with Z.  "Z right.  Heroes need gang too.  Stick together.  Help each other.  Watch for others.  Yelena and Z talk.  Old man might know things.  Sleep and think."  Perhaps there is room in the shadows for a gang that helps people instead of preying on them.  Z has something.

Opening the garage door, she wheels the bike inside and looks around to see if she has any visitors this evening.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1488 on: <08-29-15/1544:01> »
@Arc  Looking at her, you see nothing remarkable about her face other than a pair of impossibly green eyes.  Ginny shrugs and says, "Don't get along with the suit types.  Have some history there, if you know what I mean.  Worked my fragging ass off to get the grades and degrees for the corp and then all went to fragging drek.  All that hard work really got me is nothing but working on a fragging drug boat.  And that drek of a human being is not a friend,  He is my mother's cousin, or at least that is what they told me when this gig was set up.  Was starting to think that was a lie, too.  Anyway, it was supposed to be a gateway to something big.  Turned out to be nothing like that.  Cousin Sebastian runs.....er, ran....... drugs and guns.  He had been bragging about some big score going down while I was out on my last delivery, but it looks like the KE scored him instead.  Lucky I was out or I could be sharing a cell with who knows who."   She visibly shivers.  "I hate to think what sort of sexual positions I might be learning." 

Ginny laughs and you notice it is a nice laugh.  Then, as the girl flicks her own butt into the harbor, she nudges Arc and says, "You know that Keeb coming up the marina walkway?  He is waving at either you or me, and I don't know him from anyone.  Hmmm, might like to, though.  He dresses well."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1489 on: <08-29-15/1553:09> »
@Marco, Arc   The girl on the deck is rather normal in appearance, but Marco notices her very very green eyes and slightly upturned nose.  She extends a hand to Marco, "I am Ginny Waters and I was crashing here last night due to my own place completely under the jackboots of KE thugs.  John's father was very nice to let me stay.  And it looks like this is a meeting I was not invited to so I will be pushing off.  It was nice to meet you."  She turns to Arc and adds, It was nice to meet you, too, Arc.  Let me give you my comm code, just in case you hear of anyone who need a chemist or biologist.  I could be desperate enough to do something nefarious.  Anyway, see you later."

The girl nods to Marco and starts to walk to the gangway off the boat.
« Last Edit: <08-29-15/1627:03> by Mercy Merchant »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1490 on: <08-29-15/1605:22> »
Marco smiles his charming smile at Ginny. He say... " Why are you leaving so soon?... You seem to be in the bed with the KE - and I am not sure you should go back home so soon. You crushed here last night with someone you mistakenly call John father. It means that your options are kind of limited right now aren't they?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1491 on: <08-29-15/1626:13> »
@Marco, Arc   Ginny grins back.  "You said it.  My options are very limited.  But, no,  I am not in bed with the KE.  Fragging bastards can all go to hell, and probably will.  So they are not my option."  She pauses and tilts her head a bit as she continues, "Wait.  Did you say that Phoenix is not John's father?  Then who is he and what is he doing on John's boat?"  She backs away a step and looks between both of you.  She holds up her hands.  "Wait.  I am not sure that I want to know what is going on."
« Last Edit: <08-29-15/1628:00> by Mercy Merchant »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1492 on: <08-29-15/1634:49> »
Marco thinks to himself, no more lies... they seem to be the problem not the solution. He say "I have no idea who Jhon is, but this boat was introduced to me by a former lover of mine, a German lady named Shilla Shmidt. I later discovered that she was just a fake identiiy and that she is also a guy named Sam, then we discovered that the same guy is also known by name Sebastian and well the more we dig, the more identities we find. He seems to be a government agent of some sort - or a very dangerous criminal, we really have no clue.  He looks at Jenny and apologizes, " I am sorry for sharing with you the truth - but the thing is not knowing whats going on may get you killed. I have a feeling that this Jhon you refer to might also be one of the indemnities of this man - and he seems to be in some very serious shit- I afraid that everything related to him is compromised."
Marco looks at Ginny, that seems a bit upset from what she heard.  "Have a seat... it is a lot to digest... Now I pretty sure I owe you a drink... "
« Last Edit: <08-29-15/1708:06> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1493 on: <08-29-15/1918:11> »
@ Marco  You get a comm from the Lady >>The new soup kitchen is having some problems with codes and licenses. I've talked to several people in different agencies, but a plea for a soup kitchen in the Barrens does not move hearts or obtain license permissions. It looks like it'll be nine months to a year before I'm done with all the red tape and can begin demolition and construction for the updates it needs before it can be considered safe.<<
« Last Edit: <08-31-15/1733:14> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1494 on: <08-29-15/1925:35> »
@Marco texts lady and he is in a bit of poetic good mood.  >> My love, your humble servant posses a unique set of skills that can expedite the wheels of bureaucracy... do not look at the formal procedure - things never really work with formalities. You need to identify the person that can get your forms approved overnight... I will give that person what he or she desires.   Yes love, I like you that much. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1495 on: <08-30-15/0041:40> »
@Arc, Marco, Ambrose   Ginny sits on the offered seat.  "I.....I do not understand.  I am a bit confused.  Shilla, Sam, Sebastian."  Here she looks over her shoulder at the other boat and shakes her head.  "No, that has to be a coincidence.  My cousin is a piece of drek, but I have seen him at the same time as I saw John.  So it must be a different Sebastian.  But I am still not sure what you are saying.  I saw a man on this boat several times and he would wave and say hello if I was out when he walked by.  He stopped one time and introduced himself as John and said that he lived on this boat.  He seemed very nice."  She pauses, her slightly pale skin emphasizing her deep green eyes.  "I think I could use that drink, thank you very much."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1496 on: <08-30-15/0142:10> »
Marco goes to the lower deck and brings an ice cold six-pack with him. He offers Ginny and Arc a beer and open the beers and serve it to them. He cheers and after a few sips from the beer,
he asks Ginny with his devious smile, and a meaningful look straight to her big green eyes. To establish trust he browses his comlink for a short video of Shilla, In the video, the two are seating on the top deck of this boat. Apparently it is her birthday and Marco cleared his entire day just to be with her, after a short conversation Marco starts rubbing Shilla’s back, the video ends shortly after when Shilla say“turn that off silly... before it gets too hot.” and smiles a naughty smile to the camera.

Marco sighs and say “The bitch broke my heart, we’ve been together for a year and she clearly had complete access to this boat. Would you believe that for me it was the most meaningful relationship I ever had, but for her just a ruse.  Not long ago, she confessed about being also this dude named Sam. Can you imagine how I feel after spending a year with her and I don't even know her true gender? the real look of her face?  It was all nothing but an illusion and I loved her.“
This confession does not come easy on Marco, he seems a bit blushed and embarrassed, he looks at Ginny and takes another sip of his beer. Marco tries to encourages Ginny to speak about her cousin and Jhon but will not directly ask. He wants to establish some trust and sympathy before.
« Last Edit: <08-30-15/0150:13> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1497 on: <08-30-15/0215:59> »
@Marco, Arc, Ambrose    Ginny nods at the beer, but her hands are shaking a little bit as she takes the can and raises it to her lips.  The act of doing such a mundane task seems to calm her nerves a bit.  She sits and watches the video, looking closely at it as it plays out.  When it is over and Marco finishes his spiel, she looks up at him, focusing on his face.  "I am sorry.  You must have loved her very much.  Or him, I suppose.  Are you sure that the Sam person is the real one?  It seems that someone with that sort of mojo could be anyone they want to be."  She shakes her head with a rueful look on her rather plain face.  "She is quite pretty in that video.  Me, most people tend to forget me as soon as I leave.  Now, do not get me wrong, that does have its advantages, especially when I was making the drug and gun deliveries for Sebastian."  She shudders.  "Most of his fragging clients are definitely not the type I would want to remember me.  But my personal life is pretty empty, too.  The pretty girls get the guys and people like me get forgotten.  When I was in school I was too busy studying to be interested in the university parties.  Now I wonder what I have missed."

"I came up here for a new start.  All I got so far is fragging drek and all of my work is in the crapper."  She goes quiet and seems to pull herself together.  "But I should not be bothering you with al this.  I guess I just react to stress by talking, sometimes about nothing at all.  I do not really understand what you mean.  I know some people have mojo and can do amazing things, but I have never seen it.  My life is science and chemistry and biology.  Facts, not magic.  Give me a computer and I can tear it apart and put it back together in the dark.  Give me part of a chemical code and I will give you the rest.  But mojo?  Not a chance."  She stops and gives one of her rather nice laughs.  "See?  Just rattling on.  And you two just letting me go.  I must appear crazy to you."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1498 on: <08-30-15/0306:56> »
Marco thinks, "Blake was here recently, he looked for Sebastian and was fooled by the Sam costume... Can they both mention Sebastian in the context of shadow work and come to the same place by  accident?"

Marco looks at Ginny smiling "This Sebastian person seems like very bed news, I think I know him. If it is the same Sebastian, he is a real douche. My Sebastian is a lanky guy almost keeb thin... Marco completes a detailed description of Sam. "Could it be the same Sebastian I know?"
« Last Edit: <08-30-15/0316:04> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1499 on: <08-30-15/0317:01> »
Yelena removes the sax case from her back and walks around the garage and living space, looking for any signs that someone has been in or might still be in Arc's home.  She immediately notices the smell of worked metal and realizes that Arc has been at work.  At least she hopes it is Arc.  Yelena walks into the living space and hears the shower running.  She looks around but does not see the rigger man's clothes on the bed.  She smiles and sighs.  Going to the kitchen she puts a huge pot of soycaf on and gets out some packages of cookies that she had squirreled away from Arc.  While the soycaf is cooking up she has time to think about things.  So much is happening right now.  By all rights she should have left the sprawl after the Ancients' job and been somewhere else.  Instead she had been embroiled in things she does not begin to understand and for the first time in many years she finds that she wants to understand.  And that in itself is surprising.  She never questions the contract.  She never stays.  She never makes emotional connections.  These are the rules of her life that she adopted after the sax man's betrayal.  Now there is Arc.  And Marco.  And Sam.  And Feathers.  And Z.  And...........  And the list just goes on.  Too many people are now too close to her.  Yelena has to face the truth that she might not be able to leave; that the Barrens is where she shadow will claim her when it is done with her.

She goes to the sax case and opens it, removing the precious instrument.  Stroking it like a lover, Yelena tests every key and pull.  Putting the sax on the counter, she takes a chair and small table and goes outside the building.  The weather is cold, but not unbearable just now, and she places the chair and table on the sidewalk near the large burn barrel outside the garage.  Returning to the kitchen, she finds Arc sipping a cup of the soycaf and giving her one of those patented "Arc wants to know what the frag is going on" looks.  "Yelena glad see Arc, too.  Will play sax outside.  Think others come listen.  Soycaf is good for cold."  She also notices the open package of cookies and blushes.  "Was going tell Arc about cookies.  Arc like too much.  Eat all one night."  Laughing, she grabs the large pot, the remaining cookies, and some chipped mugs and goes outside to place them on the table before bringing the sax out.  She fires up the burn barrel before sitting on the chair and begins to play.  She plays what comes to her fingers, not having any specific playlist in mind.  The tones from the sax lift up into the early evening, stirring souls all along the street.  Some passers-by stop to listen to a refrain and stay for a song or set of songs.  The hot soycaf and burn barrel keep the people near and few complain about sharing the few mugs on the table.  People come from shops and humble dwellings to listen to the music.  It does not take long before an enterprising young man pulls out a mouth harp and tries to follow Yelena's lead.  His skill is clearly not equal to hers, but the small crowd does not seem to care.  Carl Grimes from the Snack Bin across the street slips a second pot of soycaf onto the table.  Willa Cathers, a struggling mother of three adds a loaf of bread.  When Henry Walker from the Blade's End tavern from down the street steps outside to see where some of his regulars are, he sees the crowd and brings a second table and some of the sweets from the bar.  A man turns over a trash bin and begins playing it as a drum.  Yelena is reminded of the Ork she had met briefly......Duckdown had been his name and he could really play the drums.  This man was not as good, but he was here and the other man had left the Barrens for parts unknown. 

Without any planning, Yelena and Arc have a small block party going on.  Someone rolled another burn barrel over and Yelena had someone bring Arc's large light stands out from the garage.  Some people were dancing in the street to the tunes and the three-person impromptu band was a hit.  Who knew that a sax, mouth harp, and trash can could help bring people together in this little part of the Barrens.  People that had never acknowledged each other were introducing themselves and talking, singing, and generally having fun.  A bit of tension was introduced when a pair of KE patrol officers pulled up in a heavily armored cruiser.  Some of the small crowd melted into the darkness as one of the KE men got out of the car and made his way through the crowd.  After surveying the activity he motioned to his partner, who emerged from the patrol cruiser and took two large bags from the rear storage compartment.  He brought the bags to his partner, who took them and began removing food and soycaf containers, placing them on the tables.  A rather pretty girl that Yelena knew was a prostitute by the name of Tori went up to one of the policemen and took his arm, leading him to the area where others had been dancing.  Yelena and the others started playing again and the surprised KE man joined the girl for a dance before going back to his partner and getting back in the car.  He waved to the crowd as they drove away.

Yelena had the thought that Z was definitely right.  The shadows had room for kindness and heroes as well as villains and gangs.
« Last Edit: <08-31-15/1106:25> by Mercy Merchant »