NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1365 on: <08-16-15/0203:08> »
@Ambrose     Ginny looks over at Phoenix.  She opens and closes her mouth once, then says, "That is a very good point.  They are not likely to have left and I would not want to just...uh, just.....try to walk past them.  That fragging Sebastian is likely to try have me taken in as well.  Bastard is always willing to share blame and misery."  She turns back to the stove.  "So soycaf it is.  You will just have to take my word that I am not trying to poison you."

The young woman does things on the stove with the soycaf then goes to sit down.  "Right.  Lets give that a chance to boil up a bit.  So, I have to say that this place looks more comfy than Sebastian's.  But then that drek never went in for anything special except for himself.  Say, have I thanked you yet for allowing me in out of the cold?  If not, then thanks.  I will try not to disturb you too much."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1366 on: <08-16-15/0233:10> »
"Yes yes.. you've done enough thanking. I know another person who does a lot of thanking. Benny was his name, Benny the Coward. Actually his fullname was Benjamin Baily, but we called him Benny for short. Or if we were referring to him by his street name we'd call him Benny the Coward. Now the thing about Benny is he was always polite and would try to weasel his way into cliche of mafia, such as constantly thanking them for any sort of deed they performed. He'd ask for small little favors, said it was a psychology trick to get people to like him more. Looking back, I don't think anyone really liked Benny, but for some reason we still let him around. He was good for a laugh, and an early warning too. Run after Benny we'd always say, because he was a coward. Hence why we called him Benny the Coward, because he was very good at spotting danger, and avoiding it. So we learned to watch him more, like this one time were in a meeting with a small group of thugs, and Benny here noticed that one of the thugs, Meatstick was his name, on account that he always had some sort of meat stick in his mouth that he was chewing on. The guy had a case of them in his pack, and would go through them like a chain smoker would go through cigars. He never did like any of the slimjims however, he was very particular about that as he'd only go for the Jack Links. Feeding his inner sasquatch or something like that..."
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1367 on: <08-16-15/0325:03> »
@Ambrose     The young woman sits at the table with her mouth partially open, as if surprised at this amount of information.  She closes her mouth and listens politely, nodding as Phoenix makes a point, or perhaps where she thinks he is making a point.  When he is finished, or appears to be, she smiles brightly and says, somewhat seriously, "I think we all know someone like your friend Benny.  My personal example is a girl I went to school with.  You know, Saint Bernadine's.  Church schools might not be as popular now as they used to be, but some parents still force their daughters to wear fragging drek for clothes masquerading as school uniforms.  Learn this and that and pretend that God is real and still cares about us.  It is almost like we are some sort of failed experiment and all the ones that are going to be saved have already left the planet and rest of us are just fragged, and deep into Satan's drek.  You know what I mean?"

"Anyway there was this girl in school.  Must have been seventh grade.  Her name was Tabitha Ormond.  She was always called Tabby O because her mouth would always make this large O shape when she was surprised, or angry, or laughing, or........I guess just about all the time.  One can learn a bit about people just by watching them around others.  Just like you learned about people by watching Benny.  And the Meatstick thing is pretty funny.  Just goes to show how people get their little nick names, right?"

A noise from the stove gets her attention and she stands and moves to where she was preparing the soycaf.  "Water is hot.  Now, what do you put in yours?  Sugarsub, Creamlike, or something else?  Or just black and horrid?"

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1368 on: <08-16-15/0336:48> »
"I don't drink coffee, Horrid substance. I prefer earl grey, with a nice battenberg, perhaps a few scones. Where was I? Oh right, as I was saying Meatstick was particular about his meat sticks, and a this time he wasn't there, because he was at the store getting his meat sticks, as the day before we were meating with the thugs they only had slim jims, and as I said he would not eat slimjims. They were all the same to me, but not to him, he was very particular about them. He could tell when something wasn't a jacklinks meat stick, to the point it was a bit of a game we played sometimes. And well, Benny had noticed that Meatstick wasn't there. And so he asked where was Meastick and they told us he was at the store getting his meatsticks, because he was running out of them and they only had slim jims before and today they'd be getting the shipment of jacklinks. And so we had to shuffle off until the next time we'd meet, which that time we'd be meeting with Meatstick, who would have a new supply of the jack link meatsticks..

Ambrose rambled on a bit more, not seeming phased by her interruption into his story.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1369 on: <08-16-15/0947:45> »
@ Ambrose  Ginny makes the soycaf as Ambrose rambles. And she goes through drawers ostensibly looking for the Sugarsub and Creamlike, pretending not to see them the first time so that she can glance into all of the drawers in the kitchenette. "Oh there they are! I guess I'm to tired. Really need this soycaf." She moves then. And walks to the banquette to sit down with her caf. She is careful to look only At Ambrose while she's sipping. Seeming to hang on his every word. And then you smell it. Smoke. A particularly noxious smoke. And she jumps up and rushes to the stove. "Oh no! I must have put the caf onto boil! I'm so sorry! Drek who knew it could smell this bad! I'm so sorry!" She quickly turns off the stove and puts the pot in the sink rinsing it out. Then turning to Ambrose she says, "We could go out onto the deck a bit. Just to give this a chance to air out."She walks to her caf and picks it up, walking to the door to head out to the deck and looks back at you expectantly. "This really just needs a minute to air out. So sorry."

@ Yelena  Niko pulls out another cigarette and lights it. The acrid smoke wafting to the ceiling. He takes a drag and then places it in her lips, and then lights a second for himself. "Они не могли. Какое-то время я должен был быть изгоем. Если они допущены к зная, где я был. Они должны были бы убить меня." He pauses, "Политика." he spits. "Но ничего не делается без них." He continues, "Tsina выступил с небольшой фракции ищет власти и убедил их быть смелыми. Я убил их всех для вас. Только Tsina сбежал. А теперь Tsina имеет власть снова. И мы будем принимать его. И она будет знать, что в очередной раз все, что она имеет, это твое." He finishes smoking his cigarette, relaxed, certain.

[spoiler]"They could not. For a while, I had to be an outcast. If they admitted to knowing where I was. They would have to kill me. Politics. . . . .But nothing is done without them. . . . . . Tsina made a small faction seeking power and urged them to be courageous. I killed all of them for you. Only Tsina escaped. Now Tsina has power again. And we'll take it. And she will know that once again all that she has, it's yours."[/spoiler]

Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1370 on: <08-16-15/0951:38> »
@ Jed & Marco You hurry down the stairs, and are greeted by the lush warm greenness of the hydroponics garden. You can hear the low murmur of the KE staff as they continue with their investigations.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1371 on: <08-16-15/1010:00> »
Ambrose rubs the bridge of his brow. This woman did that on purpose. This is the second time she's been trying to get him to go outside since she's been here, clearly it was a trap. But he wasn't going to be able to get rid of her. Why does trouble always seem to follow him around now? She managed to resist falling asleep with his rambling of about absolutely nothing important. Paranoid, he slowly stands up, patting himself down before looking back at the spot he was at, and then walks to follow her, before patting himself down again, and walking back to the table. Then to the kitchen to make sure the blasted stove was off this time. Then finally moves to follow her. "So you want to walk right into KE hands don't you? Or you've got a trap."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1372 on: <08-16-15/1117:47> »
"Money time is approaching" thinks Marco. This terrain was ideal for stealth and he tried to mask himself among the vegitation. It was also the only way to hide in the astral, within other living things. Marco tries to place himself in positions where he will blend with the vegetation as much as possible. His mind is completely cleared, years of training taught him that keeping his peace of mind now mind save his life. There is nothing, he is just the moment a wish a desire. He is here to save life and Marco avoids strong feelings emotions thoughts all is moved to the back, Soffie Yelena, Arc the chase it is all a distant memory now. A peaceful jazz music is all that fills Marco's head.  This is his best chance to avoid being detected by mages, his aura must be as calm as possible.  Marco tries to provide Jed with some over-watch, but right now blending in is the priority. Marco feels that the danger is near.

« Last Edit: <08-16-15/1121:44> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1373 on: <08-16-15/1230:22> »
Yelena sucks the acrid smoke in and blows it out.  So many memories have come back from where she had stuffed them, all because of two men.  First Sam, with his certain knowledge of just who she was and how to pull at her with information about Tsina Molovna.  And now Nikolai Fyodorovich arrives, bringing back memories of Karibor and her life there.  The drugs, the sex, and the killing were so much what she was then, and now to have it all coming back.  She had tried to put those memories away, to forget what had happened.  But some things cannot be forgotten, and she had taken vows and given blood......she would be Vory until the day she finally died for good and the shadows claimed what was left of her.  Yelena wonders if she can explain to Marco what this means to her.  He might not understand what being Vory meant to her.......what it still means to her.

Николай Федорович, у меня есть друзья здесь. Люди, которые важны для меня, как семья. Они не Воры и, возможно, не понимают, что это значит, но они являются особенными для меня. Такие люди, как Сэм, который держал меня здесь, когда я был готов снова выйти. Он обещал информации о Tsina Molovna в обмен на контракт. Он знает о ней и где она находится. Человек по имени Марко, который очень хороший, но немного противоречии о тени и что я делаю. Человек по имени Джедедия, который является ПИ и имеет глаза и уши во многих местах. И, прежде всего, мой Srui, моя сестра в крови и жизни. Она кого-то, я бы умереть. Мы вместе пытаемся выяснить об этом клубе и людей, которые его запуска. И мы также ищем Сэма, потому что он исчез.

A few pulls on the cigarette later she adds, "А вы говорите, что Tsina участвует в этом клубе? Тогда я, конечно, хочу, чтобы принять его от нее и видеть ее боль. Что вы можете рассказать мне о этом клубе?"

[spoiler]"Nikolai Fyodorovich, I have friends here.  People that matter to me, like family.  They are not Vory and might not understand what that means, but they are special to me.  Men like Sam, who kept me here when I was ready to leave again.  He promised information about Tsina Molovna in exchange for a contract.  He knows about her and where she is.  A man named Marco, who is very nice but a bit conflicted about the shadows and what I do.  A man named Jedediah, who is a PI and has eyes and ears in many places.  And most of all, my Srui, my sister in blood and life.  She is someone I would die for.  We are together trying to find out about this club and the people that run it.  And we are also looking for Sam, because he has disappeared.

and  "And you say that Tsina is involved in this club?  Then I certainly want to take it away from her and see her pain.  What can you tell me about this club?"

« Last Edit: <08-16-15/1328:43> by Mercy Merchant »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1374 on: <08-16-15/1318:17> »
@Ambrose     Ginny does not seem to hear Phoenix's comments as she grabs a coat from a peg near the cabin door and shrugs into it as she steps out onto the deck.  Her breath catches a bit as she sucks in the cold morning air and she shivers, despite the coat.  She moves far enough out on the deck to give Phoenix a place to stand while they let the cabin air out, keeping her hands wrapped about the mug of hot soycaf.  There are still flashing red and blue lights from the marina slip a couple of spaces down, but only from one car.  Ginny points in the direction of the other boat where a couple of men can be seen walking on the deck and says, "See?  Like I said, they are not interested in me.  Sebastian had enough drugs and guns on that floating pile of drek to keep the fragging KE busy for a while."
« Last Edit: <08-16-15/1321:53> by Mercy Merchant »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1375 on: <08-16-15/1940:53> »
@ Yelena  Niko shifts, and then gets up, goes into the kitchen comes back with 2 Vodka's and the bottle. He shoots the first shot before lying down, and then pours himself another and refills her glass. And stretching out beside her once again he turns to her and says, "Аутсайдеры не может не понять. Клуб принадлежит Триады. Яд Кинжал хочет препарат у них есть. Это особый. Разные. Мы смотрим. Ждем. А потом я вижу, вы играете музыку. И я знаю, ваша рука должна быть убийцами. Так что я вас найти. И я скажу вам, вы будете иметь свой Месть. И мы будем принимать то, что они хотят от них. И мы будем принимать то, что они хотят от них."

[spoiler]"Outsiders can not understand. The club belongs to the Triad. Poison Dagger wants drug they have. It is special. Different. We are looking. We are waiting. And then I see you play music. And I know your hand to be killers.So I find you. And I tell you, you will have your revenge. And we will take what they want from them."[/spoiler]

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1376 on: <08-16-15/2322:24> »
Jed takes in the expanse of the room in real life this time.  It's hard not to get lost again looking at each of the carefully tended plants.  You've got a job to do.  Stay focused.  He takes a moment to note the presence of each individual.  The mage is upstairs, but there is no reason for her to be the only one.  He shifts his perception to the astral, but its very difficult to make out individual auras in here.  Choosing the most direct route, he heads for where he last saw Snowden's body.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1377 on: <08-16-15/2334:56> »
@ Jed  He smells it then, her 'perfume'. The scent is far more powerful than he's ever experienced it. It's almost dizzying in it's heady, powerful aroma. And it's coming from the last place he saw Snowden. And then suddenly a giant golden carp flashes into the air in front of him and swims in a dazzling circle around him and Marco. And then suddenly it opens it's mouth and swallows Marco whole!

@ Marco  The wonders of the hydroponics garden are not lost on Marco. They satisfy his inner need for peace, and beauty and natural growth. And it satisfies the bird who sees a thousand hiding spots and potential food. And then suddenly Marco has the oddest sensation. It's as if suddenly his naked human form has raw warm silk glided across it, and Marco feels flush, and dizzy, and ecstatic, and powerful, and vulnerable all at the same time.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1378 on: <08-17-15/0041:08> »
God damn dragon!  What is she playing at?  "Hurry up and save my baby, but wait, I'm going to fuck with you while you do it!"   Jed pauses looking at the carp a moment.  Desperately hoping that Marco is ok, Jed keeps one eye on the carp and moves steadily toward Snowden's body.  Jed can levitate the body out of here, but he can't create an illusion of a body remaining behind.  Hopefully that thrice damned carp will spit Marco out in a moment.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1379 on: <08-17-15/0051:14> »
@ Jed & Marco  Jed completely losses sight of Marco, The carp dives into the floor with Marco inside it. Marco feels his body transported, everything around him mana for a moment. And then he sees it. The body. And he's moving in a lazy circle above it. Only he's not flying.And he still feels that glorious sensation of warm silk gliding across every part of him at once.