NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1155 on: <07-24-15/0903:36> »
Once Marco recover his flight he approaches the mansion, keeping safe distance. Being very sensitive to living things he tries to clear his mind and just sense who is inside the house. With a bit of luck he can be aware of Yelena DD and maybe even the mark without direct line of sight.
[spoiler]
Marco casts detect life spell: (F5, 2 drain)
Detect life: 10d6t5 3
drain: 11d6t5 2
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-24-15/0905:46> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1156 on: <07-24-15/0924:26> »
@ Marco  Marco's bond with Yelena helps him to find her easily. And by association the life form next to her must be DataDancer. But, he can't find Snowden. Or rather, he has no way of knowing which of the two life forms in the house are Snowden.

@ Jed  As you enter the house ahead of Yelena you see that the interior is simple, you're obviously in some sort of mudroom. The shelves and shoes and umbrellas are almost anti-climactic after the attack by the drone.

@ Yelena  As Yelena enters what is some sort of large coat room and registers the boxes and other everyday objects she doesn't see an immediate threat and spares a glance at DataDancer. The dwarf looks at her and says, "I'm already working to re-route the alert to another entrance and send an all-clear, false alarm message to the security company. But, we'd better make this fast. Snowden's hopefully asleep since he's got a big day tomorrow so lets head there double quick!" The dwarf doesn't appear rattled by the shots, more galvanized into urgency. Hopefully it helps her keep them hidden from any further security counter-measures.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1157 on: <07-24-15/1011:04> »
Yelena takes a quick look around the entry room, taking note of the two raincoats, the two pairs of boots, and the two umbrellas.  Either the man likes choices when he goes out or the stories of him being alone are a bit exaggerated.  Of course, some of the things could have been left behind by the ex.  A couple of boxes of ice melt are near the door and other innocuous items lean against the walls or sit on shelves.  Yelena looks over to the halfer, pleased to note that the matrix girl has not lost her composure.

She nods as DataDancer speaks, "Yes.  Matrix girl get Wanderer to target.  Tell when step."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1158 on: <07-24-15/1703:32> »
While still maintaining the spells Marco establishes eyesight with Arc and use the mindlink spell to contact her. He hopes he won't freak her up. "Arc... it's Marco.  I am sorry to surprise you like that... Thanks again for picking out my stuff, you can release the limo. -  I can sense two other people in the mansion but cannot approach it.  They might be broadcasting SIN's like normal people do, care to look where I can't look?"

He then circle the house trying to find an open window, or a line of sight to the people he sense in the house.
[spoiler]
Mindlink: 8d6t5 2
Drain: 11d6t5 5
No drain for Marco, he will sustain the detect life spell to continue be aware of life forms in the house, but due to his limited skill he will finish with the mindlink spell after a few back and forth with Arc.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-24-15/1706:47> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1159 on: <07-24-15/1757:27> »
Fri Dec 12th 01:33
@ Ambrose  It has been a truly exhausting few days, and all the walking to find the lock that fit that key has made the pain in his leg flare up. He'd almost lost that leg in the explosion. Once he'd seen just how much damage he'd suffered he'd known how close he'd come to either dying or being an amputee. Marco's healing spell had done a good job of patching him back together. But, he'd hurt off and on for awhile. And tonight was on of those whiles. Maybe I should get up and see if Sam has something in his medicine cabinet. He thought as he lay in bed stiff and hurting. But, he was asleep to fast to do anything about it. The yacht gently bobbed on the water, oblivious to Ambroses' pain.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #1160 on: <07-24-15/1811:01> »
Blake chuckles, "Never was to good at lessons in school." He flips the table between them over onto the troll, rolls backward out of his chair,  and grabs the leather jacket he had been pointing at earlier. Then he begins his sprint for the door.

[spoiler]
Init 1d6+8 = 13
Sprinting ravensoracle:9D6E5 → 2( (3, 5, 4, 4, 2, 6, 4, 1, 3→ 2 successes against 5) )#running away = 36 meter movement for the turn
[/spoiler]
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1161 on: <07-24-15/1908:23> »
As Arc shut the door to the limo and confirmed that she was done with the vehicle, she turned her attention to the drones.  Seeing as any view of the interior of the house was impossible, even with thermographics, she redirected her eyes in the sky to turn their gaze outward to the areas surrounding the location, checking for movement that might suggest a response team would be approaching the place.  Best I can fragging do...drek, do I need to upgrade to make this slitch better...  Shaking her head, she was about to ride away in the Scorpion to find a new place to hole up when she heard Marco's voice in her head.

Birds must have pretty fragging good eyesight, as Arc located herself a good few blocks away from the premises, but there he was.  In her head.  Without warning.

"Arc... it's Marco.  I am sorry to surpr-"

"THE FRAGGING HELL?!"  Cyberhand darting up to her head, she grabbed at the side of her skull as a brief moment of panic and surprise overtook her.  A few seconds later, though, she calmed down as she remembered the male keeb mentioning having that kind of ability.  Shaking her head, she took a breath before listening to the rest of what the keeb had to say.

" I am sorry to surprise you like that... Thanks again for picking out my stuff, you can release the limo. -  I can sense two other people in the mansion but cannot approach it.  They might be broadcasting SIN's like normal people do, care to look where I can't look?"

Sighing, Arc focused herself as she simply thought her response...hoping that's how it worked.  "Limo's good to go, omae.  Two people that ain't ours?  Frag...Seeing as how I can't get my bugs close without the noise going to drek, I don't think I can fragging look through the Trix.  I ain't no decker.  However...hold up, I'll try to relay the message"  An idea hit the human girl as she remembered that she was close enough for her microtransceiver to reach Yelena without Matrix access.  Let's hope this works...

"Arc here.  Yelena, one of your guardian angels picked up two peeps in that house that ain't you and the DDs.  Assuming one's your guy, we got a bogey.  Over"

The seconds ticked by like minutes to the human as she hoped desperately that would get through...

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1162 on: <07-24-15/1915:15> »
Fri Dec 12th 01:33

@ Arc  As you're driving back to take up your 'post' you pass a KE patrol car. The two officers inside it don't seem to be paying any attention to you, but it still sets you on edge. KE is a very rare sight in the Barrens and never at night, it takes a few seconds to remember that in a neighborhood like this patrols would be commonplace. After all, the rich make sure they keep their wealth.

@ Yelena  DataDancer nods, her eyes go unfocused again as she searches the very air around you for the invisible strings of your targets defenses. In a few moments she begins to move, hurrying this time, "I'm in, I'm rerouting the security alarms so that it looks like we're coming from a different direction. If they head to check out the alarm we should come up behind them and get the drop on them. Hurry!", she begins hurrying out of the room towards what Yelena knows to be a short hallway that branches off to a small greenhouse/sunroom and the kitchen.

@ Jed  In a moment the decision is taken away from Jed as he hears DD tell Yelena that they're trying to get the drop on Snowden and move past him.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1163 on: <07-24-15/1930:40> »
Ambrose grumbled, his body must be really old, if a simple flash bang was enough to nearly remove his leg. Closing his eyes, he focused  on the sounds and waves of the boat, listening in to the form and shape of the boat. For those less magically inclined, this was basically the same effects of an ultrasound sensor, something he used often while planting bombs to accurately judge thickness of walls, as well as secret passages.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1164 on: <07-24-15/2011:44> »
@ Blake  The troll leader said, "Head him off. NOW." And he leapt over the table like it was a child's toy and grabbed for him.
[spoiler]ismilealot:9D6E5 → 4( (4, 6, 6, 3, 3, 1, 5, 6, 2→ 4 successes against 5) )#Leo grabs for Blake.[/spoiler]

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #1165 on: <07-24-15/2025:48> »
Blake's roll back saves his hoop as the troll's grip is left empty.

[spoiler]
ravensoracle:14D6E5 → 6( (5, 3, 4, 2, 5, 4, 5, 4, 3, 5, 6, 5, 3, 4→ 6 successes against 5) )#-5 to init to Dodge
Blake dodges but Init is dropped to 8
[/spoiler]
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1166 on: <07-24-15/2048:59> »
@ Blake As Leo's hand grabs the air where you were just a moment before he bellows "Got . .cha. Drekker!" Get 'im.!" Two of the guys playing Halo just a moment before drop their controllers and try and head him off. But they're slow, way to slow, their movements clumsy and obvious. Two more dive for Blake from the pool table, "Just don't break the sticks, drop 'em don't hit 'im with 'um!" you hear one yell to the other. Those two have had some training. They're leaps over the pool table and couch are actually graceful, a tough feat to achieve when you're troll sized.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #1167 on: <07-24-15/2119:15> »
The last troll got his fingers on Blake but the old Orc had outrun things that were a lot scarier than a couple of gangers. Blake slipped free of the huge hands and hit the door running.

It was just a quick vault of a couple of crates and he was at the razor wire at the back of the compound. In one fluid motion Blake jumps into the air, throws the jacket over the razor wire to protect himself as he flips over the top.

Blake doesn't even slow down as he hits the alleyway to look for pursuers.
« Last Edit: <07-24-15/2342:41> by Ravensoracle »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1168 on: <07-25-15/0711:18> »
Yelena nods then reaches over and takes one of the umbrellas from where it stands near the outer door.  She removes the strap so that she can open it with a press of a thumb on the release, then leaves the entry room, following in the footsteps of DataDancer.  The loss of the viewpoints from the aerial drones means that she has lost Arc and her drone support except for the hair crawler that seems to still be able to feed her data of as much of her surroundings that it can see. She still has it directed to cover the halfer if possible.

They walk into the hall and Yelena takes her cue from the matrix girl as to where to go next.  She smiles briefly at the short note from her Srui.  She distortion makes the reception poor and she doubts that she can get a response out so opts not to try, focusing instead on what is around her.  She is not truly surprised to hear that the target may have company and lets it register to the part of her that is the pistol to be ready for an intrusion.  She does wonder if the life form is either Marco or Jed, but will not make that assumption at this time.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1169 on: <07-25-15/1206:32> »
@ Marco  The air is cold and clear and Marco is the only thing in the sky besides Arc's tiny drones. As a human he wouldn't even be able to see them, but as a bird his eyes were so much sharper. So lets put them to work. He began flying around and around and finally spotted a shadow through one of the windows. The shadow moved, and then Marco spotted him through another window. Marco landed on a bush and followed the shadow moving from window. Marco had to fly around to the other side of the building to track it. The shadow never turned on a light as it moved through the rooms. And finally it emerged. The shadow became a man, a man who moved carefully and quietly around the building. A man holding a pistol like Yelena holds it. As Marco flew from bush to bush tracking him he saw the shadow man find the drone Yelena had shot.