NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1125 on: <07-20-15/1710:51> »
Marco wanted to swear... he had some nasty word to say. It started with F, she is already inside. This is really bad. He watched the drone feeds in the chat room. Just a little to late to brief her about the mind probe. He will have to figure something - where was their deepweed?   Everything to complex,

>> Arc, Yelena, Jed - The eagle have landed.

He tried to spot Arc before he use the shape change spell that could extend his visibility hopefully to large parts of the house.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1126 on: <07-20-15/1722:05> »
Jed approached Yelena and Manifested slightly ahead and to the side of her.  Yelena, I am here.  Only you can see me or hear me.  If you don't let Data Dancer know I am here, I will be an ace up your sleeve.  I can't directly affect the material world, but I have a spirit I can send if needed.  I've scouted part of this out and think I've neutralized any astral threat.  Concentrate on your job.  I've got your back. 
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1127 on: <07-20-15/2025:39> »
Perhaps it was Arc's proximity to other metahumans that made her difficult to spot.  Perhaps it was due to her having cybernetic augmentations that made her aura..whatever it was...diminished from view.  Most likely though, Jed was having difficulty locating Arc because she was not physically with Yelena, the human girl being a good half a kilo away.  His assessment was likely right though..between her car and her four drones in the air and in the elf's hair, Arc was all over the place...

Arc wrinkled her nose again as she heard the explosive flatulence from the few tables over, eyes narrowed as she tried her best to imagine that she wasn't there at the moment.  Ech...guess I shouldn't be surprised..still, hehehe...  She couldn't help but snigger...at 21, fart jokes were still a little funny.  She had just given up on the ultrasonic imaging and switched it back to normal...keeping the thermographic bug in that mode for aid in the darkness of the surrounds... when her commlink blipped a message into her vision, followed by the crackle of text to speech as Marco joined their channel.  There's the fragger...

Lifting her head up, the human girl sent a quick text to Marco.

<<Glad you could make it, dude.  Mission already is a go.  My meatsuit's outta the way and safe, but I got eyes in skies and on ground.  You do what you need do, I'll make sure no surprises come in from outside, ya heard?>>

She had just sent that off when the smell hit.  A putrid, sulfuric wave of odor seemed to wash over Arc, her eyes going wide as she caught a full whiff of the bomb that was just laid moments before.  Her stomach turned as she felt bile rise in her throat, starting to taste her soycaf for a second time.  ..I ain't got time for this...  Steeling herself, her body tensed as she arched her back a little bit, gripping her cup as the smell disappated, the girl able to keep her figurative lunch..this time.  Hate the taste of vomit...drek's nasty.  If I can go my life without chucking, I'll die happy 

Focusing/distracting herself on the feeds, she made sure to snap a still of the halfer called DataDancer, posting it to the channel for confirmation.  Never know when a positive IDing photo can come in handy...

[spoiler]composure for the smell...
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-20-15/2120:50> by SgtBoomCloud »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1128 on: <07-20-15/2150:40> »
>> Arc i need a solid. My car is parked *Here* (location attached) I need you to go there and  take my clothes and comlink so I can return it. I'll just go back straight home when this is finished.give me some visual queue if you want to chat, a blinking light or anything.

He took off his clothes, and neatly placed them on the back sit trying not to mess up his suit. He laied on the bottom of the car and cast the shape change spell.

[spoiler]
Shape Change Force 6: 12d6t5 7
drain: 11d6t5 5
No drain, physical 6 attributes to add (only relevant if Marco enters combat).
[/spoiler]

A little bird left the car, it was a dirty trick he should not do it again, but leaving his stuff at Sophie was a bad move and there was no time to go home. Marco enjoyed the flight and for a short while just circled the neighborhood. From the bird eye he could see Yelena and Arc. The house the neighborhood and trees, he felt happy and free.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1129 on: <07-20-15/2200:09> »
...the frag?  Huuu, Marco....y'all ow me

<<You lucky I'm in a hella good mood at the moment, omae.  Find me after this drek for your drek>>

Grumbling, Arc got up and graciously paid for her coffee, part of her relieved to be away from the gastrointestinal marvel known henceforth as Benny.  Rubbing her temples, she reached out with her tech to locate Yelena's Scorpion where she had left it, calling it to her.  Stepping outside, she whipped out a smoke and lit it, puffing on it idly while keeping an eye on the cams for her ride.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1130 on: <07-20-15/2217:18> »
By the time Ambrose finally got Marco's call, he went back to the boat. It was a long day, Plugging the data chips into his good commlink, he sent the data feeds to Arc. <<Marco might want you to look at these.>>
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1131 on: <07-20-15/2327:54> »
Yelena does not miss a step as Marco and Jed let her know that she is not alone.  At this point these people are welcome assets to help make her contract go smoother.  She nods to the halfer standing at her side and steps off next to her.  She will match the girl's movement step for step.  Her expertise in matrix and mojo is limited, which is why she seeks out experts.  It would have been nice to have the PI man's matrix friend to overwatch what DataDancer was doing, but Yelena will play the hand she has.  Already she has three aces that the matrix girl might not be aware of.  Arc, Marco, and Jed.  And Jed has a spirit as well. 

But Yelena is in the moment now, a killer on the hunt for her prey.  Anything else is secondary to completing the mission.  Even survival.  She is sure that Marco would never really understand that, Jed might already know, and Arc is on the fringe.  The shadows are life.  And the shadows are death.  But above all, the shadows just are.  To truly walk and live in the shadows was to live in a different realm than most people could even dream of.  Yelena has lived in this life for decades, far longer than anyone could reasonably expect to live there, but she has done more than just survive, she has thrived.  The shadows feed her and keep her going.  To what end she does not know, does not really care to guess.  She really only knows that she is at home in the shadow lands.

Yelena is at this moment not even Yelena any longer, but an extension of the large Predator V handgun.  Her senses are the aiming and firing points, her blood is the explosion of the powder in the cartridges, her muscles are the recoil.  The messengers of death are the bits of herself that are sent forward to end someone's life.  The part of her senses that focuses on the feed from the drone in her hair realizes that the angle is not best to keep the matrix girl under observation and she sends the drone crawling further to the side of her head to allow Arc to keep an eye on the halfer.

« Last Edit: <07-20-15/2354:17> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1132 on: <07-20-15/2342:24> »
Jed scans ahead for any sign that Otohime is present.  Looks for any sign that there are other threats.  She said that she would allow Yelena to "kill" Snowden. She didn't promise that there wasn't any other astral security.  Jed is on high alert. 
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #1133 on: <07-21-15/1518:11> »
Blake is clearly frustrated. "Well, lets start with what symptoms they are showing. Maybe what you are looking for at the law firm.  And how the hell am I suppose to convince another team I'm legit?"

He points at Shadowsong, "Last time Stewart pulled me into a job like this he ended up shot. He throws up his hands. 'I told him after he recovered that this cloak-and-dagger compartmentalized BS was going to get him killed. 

Blake sits back in the seat rubbing his face. "Listen I don't mean to take it out on you. But he had to let you in on something about the plan. I need to know what that plan is. Or at least enough of the information that you have so that I can create my own plan."
« Last Edit: <07-21-15/2230:50> by Ravensoracle »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1134 on: <07-21-15/2140:52> »
As the bike came rolling around the corner (Helps being close to the meetup without being there, I guess..) two things popped up on Arc's complex UI of ARO feeds and displays: the Kanmushi's camera getting a solid view of the tiny halfer decker, and Ambrose's message with the datachip contents attached.

<<Phoenix, Arc here.  Wiz.  I'll look through that and see what's what.  We'll be in touch soon, as I maybe needin' some cooking help for some spicey meatballs too, aight? Word>>

Sending that message off, Arc flicked the nic-stick onto the ground and stomped it out, hopping onto the Scorpion and letting the autopilot do the work this time, the human girl keeping her focus where it was supposed to be: looking for anomalous drek in the cameras.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1135 on: <07-21-15/2302:02> »
@ Blake  Shadowsong looks at you, "Symptoms, they get stronger and have more energy, a lot more energy, feel invincible, skin become kinda glassy looking, and in the late stage they start disrupting electronics around them." he pauses to make sure you're following him. "The high dollar type hide a part of their trail with their lawyers. We'll be able to figure out a few things by what they've bought and what law-suits they're currently embroiled in. But, that means we need to be able to get access to the drek that only partners are privy to. And that means someone needs the skinny on all of their quirks, not just the guy whose place they'll be taking, because they can't be surprised by anything 'their long-time partner' does." And then she looks at you, "And as for the plan? The plan was to work every angle that could be worked to find out what the hell that drug was and what the hell they were going to do with it by any means possible." She pauses then, "Stewart was a master at that. I swear that guy had more webs than City of Lies." she says referencing an old trid that had featured webs prominently in many of it's scenes. "But as to how to convince them you're the real deal I'd say you were halfway there. You already got onto one of his hideouts, recognized one of his faces and know about one of the angles of the job. If they're looking for Stew, then they're the other team he had working the club. And if he was wearing Stewies' face than he's the guy Stew's been bringing along for over a year, not nearly as good at changing yet. But, probably good enough that with your intel and help he can work the law firm angle. So go, be firm, be knowledgeable, be their only link to Stew and get this done. Because bottom line, this is more than a drug problem, and we need to know how much more."
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #1136 on: <07-21-15/2337:34> »
Blake nodded as Shadowsong relates some actual information about the job. "Ok, I get it. Bad things are happening and Stewart's using his local talent to solve the problem." Blake shakes his head and chuckles. "He also had a knack for dragging everyone into the deep end of the pool."

Blake gets out of the car and leans down to look at the dwarf. "I'll hit you up with what happens tomorrow after the meet with the others." He looks down for a moment, as if he's deciding whether to ask a last something, By the way, did Stewart leave you any access to the fund for this op? I'm not exactly floating in cash at the moment. Blake laughs, Not with all of the hookers I am suppose to be using to keep my cover.
« Last Edit: <07-21-15/2354:40> by Ravensoracle »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1137 on: <07-21-15/2355:33> »
@ Jed  The wards allow you in easily, and once you pass through them you can feel her. It's a bit like the lingering scent of a woman's perfume. And now that you can identify her territory, perhaps some of the different places you've been have had a slightly different 'feel' because they were the territory of a powerful entity. Hmmmm. . . .

@ Arc  The feeds identify some of the security, they show up as warmer or colder spots in the thermographic and Yelena and DD's progress seems agonizingly slow. Just then a scene from a war trid pops into your field, blindfolded prisoners of war being shot. Gods they had to be CGI they were so scrawny and so many torture wounds on them. Wait, whuuut? Why am I getting signal override now? Is someone hacking my feeds! As Arc checks her channels she realizes something. This isn't a trid, this is from Ambrose. Some of Sam's stuff? Oh gods, could this be real? Could human beings really do that to one another? But, she's heard Yelena's stories, yes, they can.

@ Marco  Marco had a perfect view of the environment, unhampered by electronic distortion and allowed to pass through the wards he felt like he could be whatever Yelena needed him to be. His demon's were powerful on her behalf, and he'd just shown Sophie what so small a form was capable of! He felt wholly alive in that moment. And then remembered that Yelena's job was about to deprive someone else of life.

@ Yelena  Step by step you and DataDancer move forward. She's showing the strain. But, Yelena's part in this is yet to come. And she is moving forward with the predatory grace of a panther stalking it's prey.

@ Ambrose  Ambrose arrives back at the yacht. It's been a long night, and a successful one. I wonder what else this Sam has hidden? And if he's hidden that here, he's bound to have hidden other things at other locations. Ambrose gets ready for bed and lies down for some much deserved sleep. And as he's drifting off, suddenly the connection between the bus station and the can of mixed vegetables becomes obvious. OFC! No one can count on remembering everything. There's going to be a connection between the hiding place and the object it's hidden in so as to jog the memory. I won't have to waste nearly as much time next time! He thinks about getting up and searching for more clues.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1138 on: <07-21-15/2359:39> »
@ Blake  "I can access some cred. And in all likely hood there's some hidden at his safe houses. It's a matter of finding it. You know what a sneaky bastard he was. But, I'll see about getting you some funds." Shadowsong nods then and the car moves away smoothly.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1139 on: <07-22-15/0012:54> »

@ Marco  Marco had a perfect view of the environment, unhampered by electronic distortion and allowed to pass through the wards he felt like he could be whatever Yelena needed him to be. His demon's were powerful on her behalf, and he'd just shown Sophie what so small a form was capable of! He felt wholly alive in that moment. And then remembered that Yelena's job was about to deprive someone else of life.

Marco had already decided, he will help Yelena with magical threats, or if her partner in crime betrays her. He was not going to make it any easier for her. People that brake into a house seeking to kill the owner do not deserve his protection. He may help her escape or not die in there, but if she want to commit an artocity she is in many ways on her own.

If he somehow finds his way through these wards it will be impossible not to try some desperate rescue operation. Similar to the one he did for Ambrose. It is nothing rational, Marco just cannot let a man suffer when he has the power to stop it. He tried to scan the house, taking the subtle hints as to where Snowden is  and if there are more people in the house. His keen eyes were especially keen to movement. In this predatory body, even the slightest movement on the ground is enough to excite him.

« Last Edit: <07-22-15/0018:47> by gilga »