NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #885 on: <06-30-15/0450:42> »
“Be safe... and if there is some configuration where you let me look at that matrix girl eyes when she talks to you. I may have some heads up if she’s planning you some funny biz. A camera feed will do good, a pet cat if you feel dramatic. Or have me in the next table disguised. You decide how you like that. ”
Marco thinks privately at last:
"Fuck... she really is going to kill that guy Marco thought with horror as Yelena disconnected the mindlink. This is terrible... terrible - we need jammers many of them - we need to block any possible signal from the outside world to that house. I need to make sure some other decker decks her."

Once Marco is alone (either changing or Yelena leave) he makes some texts.
>>”Jimmy... your lucky day!... I am on my way for some additional equipment. You see I bring customers extend the business Marco is good for the biz. “
>> Cain - this is Sam Webster - next time I text you you reply fast or no job got it? We need to meet. You want this break.
>> Arc...  That's actually very interesting... care to do some shopping? We need to make some surprises. For Y, tell her nothing.
>> Phoenix -->  I'll be dropping by soon.
>> Jed... I need to talk to you in 4 eyes... no need to show in person, you can also come to the astral and manifest if you are that kind of wiz. Or I come to you... I don't know much about astral... just know it's there.
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/0505:26> by gilga »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #886 on: <06-30-15/0533:10> »
@ Arc, Yelena, Marco My Matrix guy just pulled a 36 hour shift tracing the signal on that link y'all got from "Sam".  The signal comes from a government network.  It seems Sam may be a government agent with Fiends and Foul Magic Division.  So big brother may be watching, and a sucessful hit on a high profile pharm researcher may give us trouble from a different direction.  Our shadows may not be as dim as we think.  This would explain why using facial recognition on Sam nearly got my guy fried.  It looks like our options may be turn down the job and openly defy the Triad, Fake the job and try to pull one over on them, or do the job, end up on their kill list anyway, and have problems with a government agency.  Not backing out, just putting the details out there as I see them. 

@ Escher:Spirts man!  your rep just went through the roof.  Big Brother huh?  I have a friend who is in need of matrix cover on a shadow job she is working.  This is the situation involving Data Dancer.  We aren't trusting Dancer and want our own guy around.  Here is her contact info.  I'll let her tell you the details and make the offer.  All the various threads I've had you following may be connected.

@ Marco:  Tell me when and where and I can be there.  Yes, I can manifest and we can "talk".  More secure that way anyhow
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #887 on: <06-30-15/0543:13> »
>> Jed Here is my address...  I won't be able to offer you coffee if you just manifest tough.
>> Arc is Marco about rabbits... everybody get laid... if the temptation is big enough men become stupid. Me included.

« Last Edit: <06-30-15/0547:52> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #888 on: <06-30-15/0950:01> »
Yelena chuckles at the message from Jed.  >>Acr.  Marco.  Jedediah.  Is Yelena.  Is good know where Sam from.  Matrix friend is good.  Would matrix man help Yelena tonight?  Want team of own in case need help.  Am thinking club is wanting person like Yelena for other work.  Pass test and in better.  Get closer to secrets.  But Yelena not born yesterday and want prepared in case all goes drek.  Yelena go home soon for sleep and think.<<  After she sends the message, Yelena simply sits with her Srui and puts her arm around her to hold the human
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #889 on: <06-30-15/1005:13> »
Smiling faintly, Arc scooched herself over on the makeshift bench she was using upon Yelena's arrival, wirelessly turning down the offer of a cigar.  "I like this place.  Only people who care about it are already here...no bugs or drek like that". Nodding affirmingly, the human girl leaned forward, elbows on knees with her hands together as she took a breath.  "I picked up some voice drek from the Stardust.  I don't know what it mean, but it make me nervous as frag...listen.."

Then two by two, hands of blue. Everything is set, The little lamb will be out in the field to graze in a little over 24hrs. We should have what we need in 30. Two by two, *crash*

Arc waits a moment before speaking again.  " This job you got.  It's your gig, so you're leading.  I'll follow you in, and throw in more: getaway.  I won't be on-site, but I can at least make sure you got a fast way to get your sixty year old hoop outta there, ya heard?". She paused at the messages from Jed, laughing sardonically.  " Heh...figures that part of Sam was legit...this is some drek we in, huh Srui?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #890 on: <06-30-15/1017:17> »
Yelena listens to the recorded messages and nods.  Smiling she says, "Well.  Yelena hear that club men are think big.  Yelena can be asset for them.  Get close.  Get more information.  Arc job will be dangerous, too.  Old friend now club man.  Arc remember as Barrens man and might be.  But he also club man now."

Yelena waves her hand at the open air park.  "Arc.  This real world.  Yelena not sure Arc and Yelena can go there.  Have seen too much of shadows.  But can protect if want.  Barrens not alone with Arc here.  And Yelena stay Arc if want."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #891 on: <06-30-15/1444:35> »
Wed Dec 9th 14:42
@ Arc  You get a call from Merlin, >>I been searching for the prof in 'ta  astral. He be nowhere. I got word out I be lookin' fer 'im an he maybe in drek he cain't get out of. Prof's got a lotta respect around here. Howlers be on the hunt.<<

Wed Dec 9th 15:59
@ Marco  >>Marco sweetie it's Sophie. I'm in need of a little R&R and thought your little club and some quality time afterwards would be perfect. Think you can meet me this evening?<<
Sophie is a bit more controlling and self-centered than some of Marco's clients. But, her sheer physicality can make the time with her more fun than many, if not most of his other clients.
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/1501:56> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #892 on: <06-30-15/1515:29> »
@ Marco  >> I'll be there. And if you want to me to reply to your comm instantly you can buy me a comm. Some of us don't have fancy gadgets and clothes. I'll be there, but you're buying the drinks,<<
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/1821:05> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #893 on: <06-30-15/1739:41> »
So... she is actually going to kill a person tonight. I should stop her but I can’t. I want to help but I can’t... I’ll just get her killed by overthinking it. She have done it so many times before... she thinks it is okay. Devil is not here to kill people, even devil has a role in the world. There is just one god and killing is wrong. I am a sinner for helping her do this atrocity. I am a blind, not just to the astral but to life itself. Just being with Yelena is against what I am.

That sound of death... it is terrible it tears apart the mana . Every time she kills she destroys a small part of our world. Opening it to dangerous spirits, and creatures we have no idea what they are and how dangerous they are. I should strike her down... mentally manipulate her. Trick her into being a cat and keep her like this for a day or two until I really have to sleep. But no... I did nothing of these things... I wished her luck, and said I'll summon a spirit.

Oh crap... I guess I’ll be okay as long as I never die. Tought Marco... now that’s going to be easy with these life. I’ll just burn it is inevitable even my ‘good’ is greyish full of moral compromises. Not one man is without sin what is the point really... no matter what I do I come to that inevitable violent death and judgement after. At least have some fun in the process.

He drives to Phoenix’s boat. It was Sam’s but the old guy seemed to have made it his lab and home. Sam did not seem to mind much... not right now. Beside he is a government agent that is as worse as it get... it means he can just jail Marco or something. Especially when they are walking around making drugs... 

“Hey Phoenix... I am here to take just a bit of the stuff. I am going to meet that contact of mine for lunch.”
« Last Edit: <06-30-15/1741:33> by gilga »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #894 on: <06-30-15/1959:24> »
"Very well.." he says. Sometime between when he finished making the stuff and now, perhaps earlier, inspired by the actions of Marco from the night before, he went out and got small glass bottles from the hobbiest store. With that, some tinsle and a waxed cork, he was able to finish the small potions of unicorn blood, even wrote out the instructions in on a bit of an electronic paper. The entire thing was very upper crust looking. "These shouldn't sell for less than five hundred to a thousand nuyen each, so you know. I think that is around some of the street drugs out there, and more importantly, its less about the drug and more of the prestige. People should feel like they are getting something that only those living in fancy mansions ever get... even if the chemical compounds are a bit weaker for the effects. I'll research more."
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #895 on: <06-30-15/2036:09> »
In what would likely be a surprise for the keeb, Arc seemed to have a wistful look as she waited a moment to answer, taking in their surroundings at Yelena's warnings of their work not mixing well with society.  "Like I said, you ain't gon' get rid of me that easy, Srui.  I got no choice though.  I'm gonna have to make both worlds work.  I know NineLives is club dude.  Null sweat, omae, we weren't that close as kids.  Danger we can handle too, we kinda proved that, heh?"  She grinned, easing back on the bench.  "All I'm saying is I'm behind you, girly.  Even if I'm not physically there, I'm behind ya....huh?"

[color]>> Arc...  That's actually very interesting... care to do some shopping? We need to make some surprises. For Y, tell her nothing. [/color]
>> Arc is Marco about rabbits... everybody get laid... if the temptation is big enough men become stupid. Me included.
Wed Dec 9th 14:42
@ Arc  You get a call from Merlin, >>I been searching for the prof in 'ta  astral. He be nowhere. I got word out I be lookin' fer 'im an he maybe in drek he cain't get out of. Prof's got a lotta respect around here. Howlers be on the hunt.<<

Musta been a lag spike...fraaag...  Chuckling and leaning forward, Arc ran her hands through her hair as she calmed and steadied herself, processing everything one at a time.  "...frag it, I need more hours in a day, heh...remember that mojo trog Merlin what got Feathers as a teach? Guess he got tired of waiting on my word and is putting the word out to find him.  Could be a disaster...or a good distraction to take eyes off of us.  Howler I was, but anyone who's anyone knows I ain't got no love ties no more.  Here, I'mma give him a warning."  Hastily pulling up her raideress persona, the human fired back replies.

<<Marco, Arc.  Shopping?  Huh?  I got, like, 1-2 hours tops before my thing, and then prepping for that other thing tonight.  Likely can't pick you up, but maybe meet somewhere?  Iunno.>>

<<Merlin, Arc.  Howlers be on the hunt, but pad lightly.  Yadunno who the real pred is, omae.  This could be bigger than what pack could 'ken, ya heard?  I get a lead you can jump on, I howl for ya, wiz?>>

"Third time in two months I've talked with Howlers...something's weird in the verse, dig?"  She chuckled, nudging Yelena before checking the time.  "Thanks for comin'.  Wanted to clear that out face to face without the cold words of Trix to read through.  You'll be fine, Srui, we got ya, wiz?  Go get ready, I gotta run out in the general direction of my meetup.  You don't hear from me by 21:00, get worried, aight?"  With a stand and a hug, Arc nodded up to the elf before walking back to her car, hopping into the driver's seat and pulling out into the road, waiting for responses and using the time to clear her head, namely the revelations of the kind of life she was setting herself up for...vruken and mechanic by day, runner by night....

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #896 on: <07-01-15/0114:48> »
Marco replied: "They look amazing... but remember we are only doing a pilot... I have no dealer than can sell drugs for upscale customers just yet, but once Yelena is with her contact I am sure we can have some fun, and start one nasty rumor. I can also try and crush one of the after parties.”

>>Arc - just give me a location of where you are I'll be with you very shortly.
« Last Edit: <07-01-15/0116:46> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #897 on: <07-01-15/0148:13> »
Yelena lets Arc go with a smile and a nod.  She remains on the bench for a while, observing the young people doing their boarding and just growing up.  Even in a place like the Barrens there was a place for people to do things like this, even if they had to take advantage of broken homes and rubble.  But the fact was that they did take advantage of what they had and made something useful out of it.  Yelena let a few tears course down her cheeks as she considered her own youth.  Her very earliest memories were vague and she is not sure that she has not made them up.  What she does remember is the years in Camp 14 and watching people die around her just because they were different.  UGE different.  Those experiences started her on the life she has led ever since.  An almost impossibly strong will to survive and the skills she developed to do that allowed her to survive and even flourish in the shadows.  She really doubts that Marco will ever truly understand what the shadows are, what they mean to those that live in them; that do more than survive in them. 

Her reveries are interrupted when she notices two young men first looking at her then walking in her direction.  Her senses quickly focus on the boys, and her automatic scan lets her know that they are not obviously armed with anything more than their skateboards.  They both appear to be in their early to mid teens; one is fair and the other darker.  Neither is well dressed for the weather but they do not seem to notice.  One of the boys is carrying two boards.  Yelena wipes her face and smiles as the pair come up.  "Good afternoon.  Am Yelena.  What do for you?"

The boys look at each other then back to the Keeb before one of them says while pointing at the other, "I am Z and this is Spurt.  We saw ya sittin here all alone and thought ya might be wantin to do some boardin.  Got a extra one.  If ya like."

Yelena looks at the boys and is about to tell them to push off when something clicked inside her.  "Yelena like but never done before.  Z and Spurt can show?"

The boys laugh and reply.  "That's what I been sayin.  Come on; we show basics and try no to get you hurt.  Too much."

Yelena laughs a very girlish laugh.  It is so surprising that she registers that she has probably never laughed quite like that before.  She slips off the bench and lets the boys lead her into the park.  They quickly introduce her to various street urchins.  Some with boards and others taking turns and sharing one.  Yelena melds almost seamlessly into the group as they teach her the basics of the sport.  Almost seamlessly.......she seems to spend more time picking herself off the ground than even the youngest of the small group of kids with names like Blunt and Kiss and Terabyte.  None of them have anything remotely approaching good equipment and safety gear is only a passing thought, yet they are all having fun.  And Yelena has fun.  More fun than she would have thought she would have. 

Yelena notes a small truck pull up near one of the entrances of the skate park.  It has large letters on the outside that proclaim in rainbow hues that the truck is the home of "Quick Burger - The Best Original Soy In The World".  The truck is quickly mobbed by several other kids and does a thriving business for a few minutes.  Several of the kids with her look longingly at the truck and some turn to look at Z, who is the obvious leader here.  The boy puts his hands in his pockets and pulls out lint.  "Sorry guys.  No can do today." 

Yelena looks at the group and moves closer to Z.  She barely nods her chin in the direction of the truck.  "So Z not talk about fee for board lessons.  What Yelena owe?"

Z might only be about fifteen, but his mind is sharp.  He shrugs as he replies.  "Don't know for sure.  Maybe we could stick ya with dinner.  At the truck."

Yelena and her group move to the truck and wait in line with the other kids.  There is a good bit of jeering and playful taunting between the groups, but nothing more than words and laughter and jeering.  Yelena looks through the open window of the truck and sees a middle-aged human woman taking the orders and passing them back to a younger version of herself who appears to be the cook.  The aroma of the warm food is enticing on this cold day, even though it is clearly soy.  Yelena notes the prices on the small board over the open window and is surprised to see that everything is priced quite low.  Eventually, she and Z get to the window and the woman looks at Z with knowing eyes.  "Sorry, Z, got no extras to pass out today.  Maybe tomorrow."

Z looks at Yelena, who nods slightly, then back at the woman.  "Null sweat, Gilds.  Been givin lessons to this Keeb and she gonna pay."

The woman looks closely at Yelena and says, "That true?"  Yelena nods and pulls a cred stick from her pocket.  The kids around her gape in wonder and even the woman's eyes get a bit wider.  Apparently cred sticks are not too common here.  Yelena offers the stick to the woman, who dusts off an old reader and slots the stick.  Her eyes widen just a bit as she turns to Z and nods.  "Place your orders, Z, but be careful."  Z and the others crowd around and start ordering wildly until Z gets control and puts them in line.  he manages to keep the orders to a minimal level but Yelena notes that the woman adds a bit of something extra to each plate as she passes them out the window.  Soon, all of the kids have plates of food and wander off to a set of tables to eat.  Z is the last and he nods his thanks to Yelena and Gilds as he joins his friends.  Yelena gets a plate of food and the woman looks at her as she deducts the amount owed from the stick.  Yelena holds up a hand.  "Yelena see what woman do with food.  And see other sign with much more prices.  Charge others and pay for food to give here?" 

The woman smiles and nods.  "Guilty as charged.  Smart Keeb.  You don't let the dandelions grow on you much, do you?  Some days are better than others.  Not make too much today.  It hurts to see them kids go hungry, but Gilds cannot feed all of em, you hear? 

Yelena nods and hands the cred stick back to the woman.  "Woman keep.  Buy food.  Feed kids."

The woman in the truck hesitates then takes the stick.  "Why are you doing this?  Kids ain't got nothing to give for it."

Yelena smiles and says, "Kids have life to give.  Maybe warm food does good for them.  maybe Yelena sad she not do more, like truck woman does."

The human grips Yelena's hand and thanks her.  Suddenly, her face goes hard and she nods in the direction of the road.  "Bad news coming, dearie.  Best just take kids and leave.  Gilds has stayed too long."  She calls to the man at the oven to start packing up as Yelena turns to see what the woman was talking about.  She sees a fancy car with a sleek design pull into the parking lot.  It moves to where it blocks the way out, trapping the truck.  Three men climb out.  Two are obviously muscle, and the third is the boss.  He is dressed in a nice black suit of expensive material and carrying a smart briefcase.  He moves to one of the tables with his guards and sets the case down on it.  He tips his sunglasses back on his forehead as he opens the case.  Looking around, his eyes scan the people in the area, skimming past Yelena but focusing on the truck.  He nods his head at one of the goons, who walks toward the truck while placing a hand inside his jacket. 

Yelena classes the goons as low-grade thugs as she watches them move The second goon does not even take up his partner's spot in covering his boss.  The fancy-man calls out to the kids, "OK.  Brother is here with the goods.  Who wants some.  I feel kind today and the prices are as cheap as they will ever be.  Step up and pick what you want and we can make a deal."  He looks back at Yelena and adds, "C'mon sister.  For you I can make all kinds of deals.  What'll you have?"

Yelena hears Z muttering.  "Don't fragging listen him.  His junk is tapped and cut.  Treats his girls bad, too.  Stay away from him, hear me?"

Yelena smiles at Z and says, "Sorry.  Yelena do what she needs."  She smiles at the fancy man and walks toward him, swaying her hips as she goes.  She knows that his eyes are on her as she approaches him.  The thug to his right instinctively knows something is out of place but his reaction is far too slow.  Yelena snakes her hand into his open jacket and takes his pistol from the holster under his arm.  Before he can blink twice, she pistol whips him hard enough to crumple him to the ground.  Her hand moves quickly and the fancy man is laying on the ground next to his goon before he can even utter a word.  The second goon hears the bodies fall and turns, his hand reaching for his gun.  He freezes as he sees Yelena standing over his boss and the first thug, the pistol in her hand aimed directly at him.  Calculating his chances of beating Yelena to be worse than zero, he carefully removes his hand from his jacket and holds both arms in the air.

Yelena motions him to approach and the man obeys, perhaps realizing that the woman with the gun knows what she is doing.  And perhaps he is just a coward..  The result is the same.  The man obeys Yelena's unspoken instructions to carefully remove his gun and hand it to her.  He sits on the ground when she motions for him to do so.  Yelena looks at Z and says.  "Z listen careful.  Take keys to car and open back.  Bring all cases here that find."

Z looks at Yelena but obeys.  He finds four more fancy briefcases in the trunk of the car and brings them to the table near Yelena.  She has the boy open the cases and looks inside.  Packets of powder and capsules fill the cases.  Yelena talks to Z without taking her eyes off the men on the ground.  "Z.  Go truck.  Ask if have fluid for fires and match."

Z nods and runs to the truck where Gilds and the cook have emerged to watch.  After a brief discussion, the cook gets something from the truck and hands it to the boy, who brings the items to Yelena.  She nods and instructs him to pour the lighter fluid on the cases and then light it.  The resultant fire sends clouds of flaming drugs into the air, but the wind quickly disperses the fumes.  The groups of kids all gather around and watch what is happening.  The fancy man struggles awake and screams at Yelena when he realizes that his stash is going up in flames.

"You fragging bitch!  You do not know what drek you are in now!  You do not know who you are messing with, do you?!  You will pay.  I will gut you like a fish and slot you when you are dead..........."

The blast from the gun in Yelena's hand drowns out the man's yells, which quickly turn into screams of agony as he realizes that he has just been shot in the leg.  For a second he manages to stand then reality and shock set in and he crumples to the ground, his arms wrapped about his shattered knee.  Yelena shifts her aim to the thugs, but they seem to have no desire to be stupid in the face of a woman who seems to know her way around the business end of a gun.  She motions for them to stand up, saying, "First choice.  Can take boss to healing place and have to admit are incompetent.  Boss's boss not like that.  Maybe blame guards.  Guards might survive torture then be killed anyway."  The two goons look at each other and Yelena can tell that she has hit the mark.  They turn pale and one licks his lips, but is interrupted before he can say anything.  "Second choice.  Put boss in car and drive to remote place.  Kill fancy man and leave body.  Take fancy car and man's cred sticks and go somewhere.  Go anywhere."  She pauses long enough for that concept to sink in.  "Third choice.  Stay here and Yelena kill"  Yelena shrugs.  "Choice seems easy to Yelena."

Yelena lifts the barrel of the gun a bit and that seems to galvanize the thugs.  They grab the still screaming would-be drug dealer and throw him unceremoniously into the trunk.  One reaches down into the trunk with his meaty hands and the screaming dies off quickly.  The other gives a cry if triumph and holds up a couple of cred sticks.  They doo not bother to look back at Yelena as they speed out of the lot.

Yelena picks up the second gun and quickly dismantles both of them, putting the various parts in her pockets.  She realizes that the kids as well as the truck woman and cook are watching her.  She stands and turns to Z.  "Yelena thank Z for lesson.  Be back again for more someday.  Z remember?"  As the boy nods in awe, Yelena turns to the truck woman and smiles.  She leaves without saying another word.  When she is almost out of the skate park, she hears steps behind her.  Turning, she spots Z running up.  The boy smiles and holds out his hand.  "Name is Carl.  Is yours really Yelena?"  When Yelena nods, he adds, Carl and Z never forget Yelena.  Thank you.  That was fragging drek back there.  Come back any time, ya hear me."

With that he turns and runs back towards the group still standing around the table that bears the remains of the drugs.  Several of the others wave to Yelena, who waves back before turning and heading for the parking lot and her bike.  She smiles all the way home and when she crawls into bed, even the ghosts do not disturb her sleep.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #898 on: <07-01-15/0324:26> »
Jed contemplates his meeting with Marco.  They all seemed to want to help keep Yelena alive.  He lies down in his circle, meditates for a moment, and then once again separates his true self from his shell.  He takes his time on the way to Marcos, enjoying the time existing here.  As he arrives at Marco's place, and approaches, he considers Marco's reputation and hopes that Marco will be alone.  As he presses forward into the living room, he doesn't see Marco.  Well, I'm not going into the bedroom.   He takes a moment to view the room.  At least, as well as he can from this side of the veil.  Hopefully, Marco will come in soon...
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #899 on: <07-01-15/0333:23> »
11:30 - Marco's apartment
Jed catches Marco as he get dressed, with his Sam outfit.  He leaves the bedroom and heads for the living room... waiting for a little bit knowing that texting won't do him any good. He seems a bit in a hurry but he waits patiently. 

In the meantime Marco listens to some soft Jazz music as the terror of the feat Yelena is planning to pull out begins to take its effect on his emotions. The beautiful and full of emotions soft music calm is mind and seems to be combating the effect.

Marco uses a low level illusion magic for entertainment, making his room appears like a farm house, with two children playing with dolls. " I must remember... what happens next?" he thinks.
[spoiler]
I took Marco outside so let's assume that this conversation happened before Marco left for Ambrose.

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-01-15/0343:30> by gilga »