NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #825 on: <06-25-15/1001:00> »
About an hour later, Marco is a bit sobered up. He say:

“Phoenix, we are starting a pilot tomorrow. Let’s use what we have now and I'll organize the pilot. I’ll have my contact squat a building and we’ll start from there. Just 10, doses for the first night I need to learn the limit of how much drain I can take. It may take some time to uncover a recipe for a truly remarkable drug... I will ask Arc to help you, she is brilliant! I am sure you’ll get along. But do not despair, chemistry master... once we get it right with your unique super natural precision - you will be able to replicate the success many times again.

Until we have a really good product, we’ll depend on my magic for incredible user experience. But, I have a feeling that we’ll have our Spice not long from now.  Can you make me 10 doses, nicely packed and ready for market by tomorrow afternoon? We need a fancy logo and everything.”

"Yes, of course. You should look at the cases I made for the drug over there. We don't even have to sell all them with drugs, just making it seem like they used to have something in them, and that they shtart showing up all over the place is enough." he says waving to a pile of cigar tubes that he'd designed to be rather fancy looking. "After I get some rest, I'll work on another batch of something. If it was making things that could blow up, I'd to better, but then again those wouldn't have the effect we're looking for."

Marco: Replies," that's great idea... I'll  also take some empty cases to put in the squat where we run our pilot, and then drop them in many places in town. Then we'll start dropping them in allies and squats and gradually place these in more and more upscale places. I like the logo... isn't that the smiling cat from Alice in wonderland? That book is like the bible of all drugs. "

He then texts Cain:
>> Dear Cain,
i have a job for you.  Meet me at the Duckling, tomorrow at 13:00. Bring Orc if he is still around

Shortly after Marco returns home ask the car to wait for Arc at her garage.
In the morning he'll text Arc.
>>Dear Arc, don't worry about it... I too have time limitations... when you have some time me and Phoenix are working on a new big thing that may bring your friend back eventually. I know you are brilliant and working together you too can really make something incredible. He is not so bad... just don't talk to him before he has some coffee. I'll explain everything in person.
« Last Edit: <06-26-15/0024:31> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #826 on: <06-25-15/1621:46> »
When Marco finally arrive home he does not go to sleep. In his Balcony there is a book waiting. 7 deadly sins he takes that one to bad with him:  “Interesting... lets see how bad am I doing... I bet I got some of the things right in my life." He thinks as he browse the very old copy.

A proud look:   "The sin of pride... I definitely have that. I was an arrogant bastard. I still am a little bit arrogant. I'll give you that one J, J 1, Marco 0"
A lying tongue: "common J ... you are not giving me much hope in here. that tongue of mine lies so good it can turn light to darkness and vise verse.  J 2, Marco 0 "
That doesn't look very promising  for Marco.

Hands that shed innocent blood: "That one I managed not to do!   J 2, Marco 1. "
 A heart that devises wicked plots: " Damn... I did just that today... didn't I? The world do not need more drugs! J 3: Marco 1... I don’t like my chances here."
Feet that are swift to run into mischief: ..."Oh now that is debatable... I give decency an honest try... I got to get this one.  J 3: Marco 2. "
A deceitful witness that uttereth lies: ..."J ... I may be a liar but I am no lawyer. False witnesses... that one I didn’t do! J 3 Marco 3. "
Him that soweth discord among brethren - "Oh... that one I do not understand and I am too drunk to do so now. lets call it a tie for tonight J."  Marco closed the book. It was old and dusty and crumbling... kind of like the church. In a world were pagans had magic... the church was late to adopt.

Marco felt that religious books were a better read while drunk...  He summarized.. "not pure evil, not yet. Definitely going to hell... no redemption for me... but at least I didn’t kill anyone... I got that and it is nice." He laugh at his cross... after talking to a demonic mentor spirit Marco has no problem talking to thin air, is is no longer a shame. He is a Mage... people assume it is normal that he talk to himself.

He envelops himself in the soft blanket, trying to get the sleep to come... he feels lonely, the bed is empty. He thinks of Yelena..." I have a crush on a killer... both strong and evil, but at nights she cries like a little girl."
He turns over:
"I hope her killing days are over... Her entire life are shaped by her guilt. She may not believe in god, but in her way she believes... she believes she deserve nothing but suffering and pain. Please. J, just give her a fighting chance. Either kill her now, or give her some of her soul back so she can live again. "
Back to his original position, finding a comfortable place to rest is difficult when his head is full of thoughts.
"Let her be a real person... with love and friends and family... Do not keep her this way...  like a terrified shadow of a person that roams the world, killing and escaping into sex, into drinking into drugs and I am sure that I missed some possible escape routes... anything but to be in tranquility... anything but being alone in the dark... "
At this point Marco gives up, he feels that he has to make it a prayer, so get out of bed, kneel before his cross and whisper:
" I am begging you... just give her back enough of her soul so she can reclaim the rest... I know you never give up on anyone. This is why I still talk to you J"

"One last thing...  Sorry J, I don’t like humanity my motives are totally selfish. Humanity has done nothing for me... As far as I can the entire world can burn... just give her a little hope... a ray of light. This is all I am asking J. "
He sighs " I know I know... I must be going to some extra hot oven once I die for calling you J, I just can’t say  your full name... the memories are too painful. Forgive me for this one... you are not a joke to me, but so much evil was done in your name... I dare not even say it myself. "

Sleeps comes quickly to Marco once he let it all out. He sleeps peacefully until morning.
« Last Edit: <06-25-15/1630:36> by gilga »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #827 on: <06-25-15/2023:51> »
"Yes, of course. You should look at the cases I made for the drug over there. We don't even have to sell all them with drugs, just making it seem like they used to have something in them, and that they shtart showing up all over the place is enough." he says waving to a pile of cigar tubes that he'd designed to be rather fancy looking. "After I get some rest, I'll work on another batch of something. If it was making things that could blow up, I'd to better, but then again those wouldn't have the effect we're looking for."
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #828 on: <06-26-15/0036:26> »
Yelena goes with the two men to the private room, entering when Jed holds the door for her.  After all are seated, she looks between the two of them and says, "OK  Yelena here.  Can talk now?  Will help or not and what Yelena have to pay?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #829 on: <06-26-15/0038:57> »
Jed is intuitive to know when not to preempt Mike.  He's already shown her that he is willing to help (what else has he got going on).  He is keeps his mouth shut as he watches Mike.

Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #830 on: <06-26-15/0056:09> »
Yelena smiles and looks back and forth.  It is evident that Jed is deferring to Mike in some fashion.  Something close to father and son, perhaps?  She kicks the chair back so as to lean against the wall and puts the sax case on her lap, opening it.  She carefully pulls the exquisite instrument from its felt cradle and attaches the lip piece.  She returns the case to the floor, puts the sax to her lips and begins to play softly.  She watches the men as she plays a medley of tunes, trying to let them sort out whatever it is between them.  Mike seems to be a bit uncertain of her motives, which is understandable giver her background and that he knows drek all about her.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #831 on: <06-26-15/0057:16> »
@ Marco & Ambrose  It's a tough process. If it was easy anybody could do it. But, Ambrose hasn't been around the streets this long without hearing a few things. And while the chemistry for bombs is very different, it's at least taught him how to use the equipment and what not to do. But his first few attempts tell him loud and clear, this may take awhile. Science after all isn't magic.

@ Jed & Yelena  Mike looks at her steadily, "First I'll need to hear the whole story."
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #832 on: <06-26-15/0113:08> »
Yelena finishes the tune she is playing and lowers the beautiful instrument.  She carefully sits up straight and returns the chair to sitting evenly on the floor.  She keeps her hands on the sax as she says, "OK.  Yelena tell story.  Yelena and others hired by man name Sam to look at club where new drugs were used and people were going missing.  Just few, but enough for Sam to hear about.  Was four, Yelena and three friends.  Then one friend go missing after night at club.  Was mage.  Maybe saw something.  Go back club.  Get invite to party.  Much fun.  Then Sam go missing just before meeting.  Last instructions from Sam to get to know club people and find out what happens in club.  Yelena meet lawyer man name Gregor.  Gregor too..........something.  Yelena alarm go off but get close.  Gregor and club man name Hank hire Yelena to kill associate.  Must do quick.  Club man give matrix girl to Yelena to help break in.  Yelena want know more about man she kills.  Want hire Jedediah.  Jedediah brings to Mike.  Is enough story?"

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #833 on: <06-26-15/0123:50> »
The Ancients hired me to find this Sam, which is how I met Yelena.  So far I have Escher looking into the disappearance of this Sam, as well as trying to figure out who is backing the club.  I don't think I can throw anything  else on him right now. I'm willing to do some old fashioned leg work, but I don't have an angle yet.  Maybe I just need to go and do an astral scout. But that doesn't help Yelena figure out why the club wants this guy dead. Yelena, I'm not a known associate of yours.  Think I should make contact with the guy?
« Last Edit: <06-26-15/2350:11> by smilnirish »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #834 on: <06-26-15/0957:27> »
Yelena shrugs.  "Target man likes men.  Last marriage end in big divorce.  Man lose much to spouse.  Maybe look court records to find details of divorce and settlement.  Might be information Yelena use.  Man now live alone.  Not go work.  Not leave house.  Jedediah look at data from Yelena.  Maybe see what Yelena miss."

Yelena glances over to Mike, wondering if the Ork is going to chime in with any advice.  Mentally shrugging, she turns back to Jed.  Yelena has seen Mike's type many times.  He is justifiably suspicious and wary.  If he has had any connections to the Russian Mafia in the past, he would be naturally leery of associating with a known Vory assassin.  Yelena can understand and respect his reticence.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #835 on: <06-26-15/2215:57> »
Ambrose takes the night off to rest. It had only been a few days since he blew himself up. With Marcos gone, he moves to the bed and spends the rest of the night sleeping. There wasn't much more for him this night. Tomarrow he'd have plans of getting some fireworks, They might not be the most destructive explosives, but one thing he learned about sparklers and duck tape..
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #836 on: <06-26-15/2358:41> »
Jed ponders that a moment.  He likes men huh?  Sounds like if we make contact with him Marco is who you need.  I wish you had more time for this job.  My Matrix guy is pretty tied up at the moment.

Divorce huh?  I've got someone in the PD who works in the crime lab.  Not sure if she has access to court records, but I can ask.

Jed contemplates this for a minute.  He wishes he had the talent for matrix digging himself.

The only other thing I can bring to the table is that I can do an Astral scout of the place. I can appear in front of him. Tell him there is a hit, and try to persuade him to tell me why they want him dead and see if he can give me a good reason to spare him. Sounds crazy, but we don't have any time. 

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #837 on: <06-27-15/0011:01> »
@ Yelena & Jedediah  Mike studies Yelena, "So you're going to kill a man to get an in with a very dangerous group. But before youbkill him you're going to find out everything you can about the man they want dead because who and why they want him dead is some of the truest intel. you'll get in a very short amount of time. It's as revealing as a man's bank account, his hidden bank account." Mike is silent for a moment. "This club you're investigating. It wouldn't happen to be the Stardust would it?" And upon receiving your affirmative he looks at Jed. "My paternal grandmother would have said, 'The Lord works in mysterious ways.' I tend to believe like attracts like. And there's a few things about that club that interest me. Chief among them is, Who is their supplier? Because from what I've been able to find, those drugs have some very unusual properties. They're like nothing currently on the streets, which says a new player in town. But more than that it feels like a whole new game. And I can tell you a bit about Snowden. His company is on the verge of a very influential merger, and that merger's paperwork is set to happen in 3 days. Without him, the delay in paperwork alone will take months to sort. If it even happens at all. Because Snowden has much more than business acumen, he's got a keen mind that is his companies chief asset." He looks over at Jed, "I think an astral scouting of the place is called for. But I think you need to stop thinking small scale and start searching a wider field of interest."
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #838 on: <06-27-15/0632:59> »
Yelena nods.  "Yelena agree about knowledge.  The more Yelena know the better chance of success and walk away."  She nods at Jed.  "Yelena also wish have more time.  But charge extra."

Looking at Mike, she adds, "Yes.  Drug different.  Some standard stuff, but some club only drug.  Can use magic to enhance drug?  Maybe do that and maybe why friend disappear.  Feathers is good mage.  Maybe he see something about magic in drugs and they took him.  And now Sam, too.  Yelena need to get in with club men to find drugs, Feathers, Sam, and others.  Others try different way to get close to club men.  One might get in and break open for others."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #839 on: <06-27-15/1410:51> »
Marco wakes up with a terrible headache Thinking ... “ what time is it? 9:45... I overslept... I planned to go to the gym. Never mind... where am I? at home. who am I wish ? alone. Thanks J.
... Where did I take these goggles from? I vaguely remember breaking into a high school... praying reading a religious book... the memories are there but... It feels like a different person did all that. Why would I take these goggles? This club has some fancy alcohol. I'll give them that... "

A moment later Marco remembers something... 
''Oh, that's terrible with all the mess last night I haven’t replied the Doc. "
>> We’re on for the date. I could not get you drinks out of the club - but they offered a private booth and first round of drinks on the house. So my negotiation skills were not a total failure...  If you ever want to go back there, we could totally do that.  For Friday I'll bring some good bottle any preferences? is wine okay? can also bring something stronger like whiskey or vodka if you prefer.

“Oh... dear the house is a mess.  Not much time... Paracetamol for the headache, real coffee before that... something quick for breakfast... some salad and a sunny side up. Gosh i love this kitchen.” He quickly makes a small breakfast, and then makes a quick swift of the house organizing as much as he can. "Now... shower just 5 minutes... but I don't want Yelena to meet me smelling like chemistry and alcohol and smog... and that perfume of the dark hair guy... he was something special. " Marco enters the shower and take a quick wash... definitely not the kind that require thinking about life.
« Last Edit: <06-27-15/1418:25> by gilga »