NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #555 on: <05-30-15/1921:32> »
"With proper planning my skills can be.. well, quite useful. I told the other person who was here, but she didn't seem really all that intrested in the fact the Yaks are, last I heard, up against the group. I'd be careful about trusting people who wake up screaming with guns. . I've watched enough triods to know that its a bad idea. Someone gets shot. Oh and don't jumpscare jumpy people who have guns either."

Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #556 on: <05-30-15/1933:12> »
@ Yelena  Arc and Marco manage to wake her up in moments. And as soon as she realizes that she's had a nightmare and they'd come rushing she was ashamed of such weakness. She'd warned them, but still she was ashamed. Until she managed to look up in order to reassure them, to laugh it off, to do something other than sit there shaking and sobbing. And then she saw their faces. Faces filled with love, with understanding, with concern, faces without judgement. And as Arc held her, murmering, "It's ok Y, we got 'ya." Yelena clung to her, Sruiken Kal, blood sister, no closer bond than first blood to an orc, and that's what Arc had named her. And Marco, Marco who was already so much more than just another lover it had scared her, Marco was kneeling down and enfolding them both. And then Yelena felt another cover gently lifted and used to cover her back where Jaime had knelt down on the bed and covered her and encircled them as well. And Yelena began crying again. Crying much harder, her whole body racked with sobs so hard she shook them all. Only these were different. These were tears her heart could not contain, as a little more of it opened, and was healed. Tears of love because finally, finally, it had found a home.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #557 on: <05-30-15/1954:47> »
@ Arc, Marco & Ambrose  Once Yelena is back to sleep Arc and Marco breathe a sigh of relief. Arc gets back to work downloading the feeds as she has quite a lot to go through from the last 18hrs worth of data from them all. The crosscheck on the boss-man in the vids shows that it's an accountant employed by the club. Only, this particular accountant seems way under-employed once she cross-checks him. He's got a Masters in Business Administration from Washington State, a little legal trouble in his past, cleared up by Webster, Webster, Otiluk & Cohen just a little over 5 yrs ago. Then Bob, one of the club managers comes into view. "Crosscheck on the reporter shows that he wasn't ever employed by the mage mag or any other magazine or news service. So whatever he was it wasn't a reporter. So far trying to cross-check him is coming up empty. So I'm guessing he's a cop. Record scrubbed off the grid. If you've got his comm that may be our best bet in finding out who he's connected to and if he's told anyone what he knows about the drugs. Anyone know how he got here?" unintelligible responses. "Well check the security cams, they work outside at least, see if we can find his vehicle. This is the second time he's been here so see if you can find the footage from the first time if you can't find it from this one. But find it. We need to know who he's working with and get to them first." They keep going through your things until every pocket is emptied, then, "Take this stuff down to the third basement. I want it secured. No way I want this guy getting to his stuff. That'll stop him even if he's got it wireless." The feeds go wonky as everything is gathered and wrapped. You hear the noise and music from the club's main dance floor. Marco recognizes one of the tunes he danced to last night. And then everything goes quiet, and then dead.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #558 on: <05-30-15/2011:06> »
"And well, there you have it. They've got a faraday cage on the third basement. Which means that is the place they want to protect most. Honestly.. that is just too many basements." he shakes his head, pulling up the blue prints again on the building, with the modifications he's made on setting up explosions, and begins working on an idea of where the basements were through what he saw in the feed, and his own knowledge of building plans.

[spoiler]Building Plans knowledge: 8d6t5 1[/spoiler]
But alas, he needs more input on it.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #559 on: <05-30-15/2031:45> »
Once Arc was certain that Yelena was settled, she stood up and slowly ushered everyone out, leaving her to her rest.  Once in the garage, she explained why.  "Mine and her jobs besides distraction for Marco were to play the roles of local heroes and celebs, and hopefully getting an in with the club.  The idea was that doing so would get us closer enough to figure out where they were taking those hoops what disappeared and why they using mojo-inducing drug drek.  I was checking the feed...to play her part, that keeb over one night downed their full Apollo program, at least 3 hits of their aphrodisiac cream, and one hit of some drug their hostess called Stardust or some fragging stuff like that.  Among other things, I think that would lay anyone out."  Nodding in affirmation, she turned to Phoenix and held out her hand.

"Respect to your profession.  Once this drek is over, remind me to talk shop with ya.  I've been known to make a baddaboom myself every now and then..."  And with that, she turned to her information dredging, sifting through for good stuff.  "Hello..."  She focused in on the feed of Bob, bringing it up on the projector.

"So they think you're a cop.  They got your comm...and are looking for your car.  How far is it?  If you pass me the key-mark, I can get it out of there fast...no risk...they won't catch me"  Nodding her head, she turned to the basement as the feed went dead.  "Drek...three basements...how..."  Recalling the layout of the building and the the relative shape, she tried to visualize where such a basement would be placed....

[spoiler]Knowledge: Architecture: 7d6t5 4[/spoiler]

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #560 on: <05-30-15/2140:02> »
"Well, its basically right in their parking lot. Next time, I should put a car bomb in it." he muses, and then shakes his head. "Some hacker probably would detonate it. Meanwhile keep an eye on the feed that Spitting Cobra has.. He's one of the yaks, but its all audio. I could make more of those devices easily enough.. And we could send in a bunch of junkies carrying them to be none the wiser as well.. I'm sure a few lighters will get left behind."

"Check the time stamp on when they were looking for my car, because its been a while since tehy said that."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #561 on: <05-30-15/2305:03> »
Marco nods when Arc speaks, he feels no need for explanation, so he goes for a joke to lighten the move: "In our line of work we trust in god" , he makes a money counting gesture and laughs.

In response to the feeds
he say:
"Okay that's reassuring... so our cover should be solid for now and it does not seems as Sam sold us out... I am a paranoid brat... They are still edgy because of the Feathers visit.

They knew nothing about the explosion they were concerned with your previous visit. They think you are a cop... perhaps we can play that card... a missing copper is a big deal. They'd expect some heat for taking you... and now that you disappeared from their basement well things get complex. 

I wouldn't trust the Yaks, but if you are already in bed with them they might be able to anticipate an authentic police behaviour if we want them to believe that you are a copper and it may involve knocking on doors of employees and question them.
... Maybe we can even get some real cop pressure... It is the barrens so I am not sure, but the club seems to attract a lot of attention also for out side the barrens  -  and while it justifies an higher prices - a recorded confession of them grabbing someone and putting him into the basement may be enough of excuse for the cops to pressure them. Especially if they are already suspicious. The club people are clearly concerned about that kind of attention."

He sighs:
"But alas lets go to the hospital see if there is some way to follow that lead. I have some initial lies playing in my head, but I'd love some ideas about stuff we can say that will get us the information."

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #562 on: <05-31-15/1100:40> »
"Nope. Don't want anything to do with the yaks. More than likely they had sold me out before, especially since it was suppose to be my last mission for them. Its better they think I'm captured by enemy out there. Just if we listen in on them, we might be able to use them without their knowledge. Or we might not be."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #563 on: <05-31-15/1207:08> »
Yelena had fallen asleep again, but could not remain in that state for long.  Her mind is awhirl with the new realization that she actually has people that really care about her.  Even the rigger man had seemed willing to include her in his embrace of Arc as his Vruk.  Perhaps she really had found home after all the lonely years of looking.  And if so, what was she doing in bed when the others were working?

She gets up and dresses; selecting a pair of form-fitting tight jeans and a cropped shirt she ties off below her unsupported breasts, leaving a couple of the upper buttons undone.  She admires the image in the mirror as she runs a brush through her hair and sets her snowy tresses in a ponytail.  The talisman that Sam had given her is added as an afterthought.  After all, it might be needed.  She goes to her weapons case and removes the Predator from its resting place.  Taking up the utility belt from the case, she straps it on and adds four spare clips.  She caresses the heavy pistol almost as a lover and holsters it. 

She smiles as she steps into the garage to join the rest, taking in the others with her eyes.  She goes first to Arc and embraces her, then Jamie.  She reserves a special embrace for Marco and whispers, "Yelena has been fool to not see Marco in front of eyes.  Hope Marco forgive." 

Turning to the older man, she says, "Hello.  Am Yelena.  You must be reporter man.  What is name and are helping us?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #564 on: <05-31-15/1254:49> »
Arc mentally chastised herself for not checking the time on the feeds, shaking her head in mild frustration.  "oop.  So focused on the stop lights, didn't see the sign.  Fair nuff...here, let's see this SpittingCobra hoop..."  As she fished through for that line, she gave a bit of a shrug.  "The yak biz is yo biz, but it seems like they are shooting for similar bent.  Guessing they like a gang and don't play fair, so I guess it just means we get what we need first, eh?"

Grinning, she paused as Yelena returned, returning the embrace slowly before looking at Marco, then bit her lip as she looked at Jaime, her voice dropping low.  "I made a promise to see your kin today. I don't wanna break that.   Think we got time for a hosp run?"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #565 on: <05-31-15/1340:35> »
Arc is no decker. But she does know how to download the feeds and replay them. Ambrose recognizes Kato's voice. "We have a vested interest is keeping him alive for now, rescue him, but make it seems as though you are a bystander happening by and accidentally mixed up in their business." that is followed by the sound of crunching on gravel for over 30 min's. Eventually SpittingCobra must report his failure and is chastised by Kato and told to report back in. His skill set is ill suited for trying to imitate Ambrose in this job. Ambrose later hears Kaori Ueda's voice. She seems to be giving a team the same instructions Ambrose originally had, and this time Spitting Cobra is given very clear orders to run interference and protection. The rest of SpittingCobra's device is personal and in Japanese.

@ Arc  Jaime hugs you and says, "Henry would never approve of my vruk involved in gang wars. And while I trust that you're doing what you're doing to help people, I think we'd better hold off on you meeting them." he pulls you in and kisses your temple. "And right now I think I need to go run a few errands. Just remember Sail & I had to sweep the place for bugs 2 nights ago. So somebody knows about you and this place and you need to remember that and be careful."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #566 on: <05-31-15/1348:00> »
Marco texts Dr Kamagishiri, <<Dear Dr. Kamagishiri - can you get the name of the passenger, and the location of the autopilot accident? I am looking forward to seeing you too! >>

He is surprised when Yelena decides not to sleep but he is happy to see her and gives her a warm hug.

As they are on the way he say:
"What I have so far is this: Phoenix, you sort of look already like a detective. Sam is a crooked guy from the wrong side of the law, we are not sure it was him - but if he was it is a very dangerous criminal with many faces and many names. You are afraid that he is responsible to a recent bombing. don’t give any detail as to what bombing. I can be your partner and do the heavy talking. Yelena and Arc already know the hospital so perhaps they can hear some gossip about what happened during his stay in the hospital - autopilot malfunction is a rare event it does not happen everyday and may involve curiosity and chatter.

We may need a bit more shopping for this ruse - anyone got a better idea?" 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #567 on: <05-31-15/1909:52> »
Yelena overhears Jamie and looks at him.  "Yelena tell Arc not hide secrets from rigger man.  Yelena now say Arc should go meet rigger man family.  Not in gang war.  Arc is helping people.  She find all who go club and not come back.  Besides, is good time take off for relax."  She shrugs.  "But Yelena never have family to be relax with so what know?  Just think important Arc meet Jamie family."

She looks over at Marco and nods.  "Yelena and Arc can go see nurses for visit.  Say hello and ask if busy with other accidents.  Maybe they tell us something."

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #568 on: <06-01-15/0126:37> »
Arc smiled and relaxed in their moment with closed eyes, giving Jaime one last hug after his words of warning.  She did give a nod at Yelena's assurance.  "She's right.  This ain't no gang drek.  But I get ya.  I know I ain't exactly doing legit work.  If I have time tonight after, maybe...or if not, after this drek is done"done". On another final hug, she whispered.  "this ain't the only work I do at least.  Don't worry, I'll be safe.  Too much good in my life now to lose it all.  You watch yourself, I'll see you tonight" She saw him to the door and watched him leave for a bit before returning to the group and nodding her head.  "We ready, lets do this drek.  We can plan in getting your car back on the way, mista Phoenix"

Driving the group heading to the hospital, Arc gave a nod as she listened to Marco's plan, grinning a little as she thought of an idea to help.  "Works.  Anytime along this, I can send that drone out to deal with checking the safe house out.  As for reason Y and I need to go to the hospital...". She reached up at a stoplight with her left hand to fiddle with some circuitry at her shoulder.  with a click, her right cyberarm fell limp at her side, unresponsive...just a connection made loose, nothing someone of her expertise could reverse.  With a complete deadpan voice, she added.  "Oh no.  My arm stopped working.  What ever will I do.  I should find the nurses and have them take a look.".

With a smirk, she glanced at the others, driving with her left hand to their destination, using the transition time to sort out and enjoy  her distracting thoughts of her home life...so that she may focus when the time is right...

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #569 on: <06-01-15/0237:36> »
Yelena stares at the limp arm for a moment then busts out in the first real laugh she has had in a while.  After a few seconds she splutters out.  "Arc.  That is so fragging funny it hurts.  Is good idea, but Yelena hope Arc can fix in case nurse out sick."  Yelena falls silent but shakes her head and chuckles for a while longer.  Then she remembers something.  "Arc.  Yelena ask if can find out anything about man Yelena with.  Said was lawyer, but Yelena think more to it.  He was too important to just be lawyer.  Arc find anything yet?"