NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #585 on: <06-03-15/0025:18> »
@ Marco  The attendant looks at you and says, "I'm working, and we're not supposed to access patient info for patients we're not directly caring for. I can get fired for that drek. But the guy that you're talking about left very much under his own steam yesterday, so if he's not answering you it's cause he doesn't want to talk to you. Much as I sympathize with your worry I have a few ex's that I don't return phone calls from. It happens. I'm sure you've got ex's you don't talk to either. So, since you're obviously sexually active go get tested for STD's cause that's just generally good advice and cut your losses."
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #586 on: <06-03-15/0057:41> »
@ Ambrose  The funny thing about being older is that you learn a few things along the way. What to watch for, and how the world really works. And Ambrose had always been very perceptive. It had helped him pick just the right pockets, notice just the right details. And right now what he was noticing was that the kid Marco was talking to had on a designer tee under his hospital jacket and expensive designer AR lenses. But his jeans and shoes were very old and just barely still acceptable for work wear. So, the kid had expensive taste, probably living a bit above his means. But, there was a supervisory type keeping more than a bit of an eye on him, from a distance true, but a definite eye, so he'd overstepped boundaries before, and would probably do so again with the right incentive and no one looking. Now, what could he do to hurry that combination of events? After all, he wasn't getting any younger and Marco seemed determined to play this out on a jilted lover track which was clearly not getting him any sympathy from this fragger. But Ambrose had a few skills of his own that he could possibly use that didn't rely on sympathy. Which one did he want to use? Hmmm, decisions, decisions . . . . . . .
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #587 on: <06-03-15/0117:29> »
Marco catches his breath... take a deep breath and say. “Please, You ask me to get tested for STD, you give me relationship advice, you suggest that I had many lovers. Play with my emotions speaking about an ex girlfriend... my insecurity. At the same time... you yourself say that you are not sure that we are talking about the same person. Just write down his number and let me call him you won’t lose your job.

If you want to risk your job...I can just write a complaint form. I am used to people being prejudice about me... he is my first boyfriend if you have to know and he always responds to my texts. This is why I am afraid... but I will not move on unless this issue is clarified. If he is a cheating bastard “
he sighs “ That’s better than dead or wounded...but I need to know witch one it is. I cannot leave here before I know what happened to him.”

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #588 on: <06-05-15/0907:34> »
Ambrose, in his fancy outfit would look like he had money most likely. Leaning in. "Look, I see you like things.. and well, if you give him what he wants, I will give you something you'll really like."

In the background of the matrix, his camera in the new suit is recording this conversation. He wasn't about to just give some punk snot nose kid money. Especially since the group didn't really have any to begin with in the first place, and they  didn't know how much money they'd need to do what they were going to do.

Even his ruse failed, he was sure the fancy guy Marco could cover for him, making it just a joke or follow through the negoations. Ambrose was a bit too gruff old man to do much int he way of negoitating, but he did know how to keep things discreet.

[spoiler]Fast talk to pass off that the thing will be money, but in reality he was just going to give the kid the datachip with the recording on it.: 6d6t5 2[/spoiler]
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #589 on: <06-05-15/0936:08> »
Ambrose help was like a fresh breeze, "I get it... you don't like me and yo do not care about my problems. You prefer some sort of compensation... well of course all you needed to do is ask... You do something for me... I do something for you." Unlike Ambrose Marco felt that given the nature of the service and the short duration the amount of money will not be that great. He writes the number 50 on a small piece of paper... does this amount of dollars... buy me a tiny peek in the file?

[spoiler]
It is a real negotiation - because Marco does not know what Ambrose plans.
Negotiation: 15d6t5 6
[/spoiler]

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #590 on: <06-05-15/1341:58> »
@ Ambrose & Marco The kid tries to hide a smirk and says, "No sir, I'm afraid I really can't help you. That information is guarded by patient privacy laws." and his fingers tap somewhat impatiently on the countertop in front of him. But when you look down at his hand you see a comm code shimmering on the air in front of it. GH54692DL11283X.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #591 on: <06-05-15/1541:59> »
"This is totally heartless and cold... but I understand you... there are rules and regulations. "Marco said as he authorized 50 dollar transaction to the SIN of  the man.

Lets see what this comcode is worth thought Marco as he typed an old poem he liked. It sort of suited - and by all people Marco’s passion for poetry was well known by Sam. They shared many poems together and that one seemed to be appropriate. A random person receiving a poem will think it is a SPAM and erase it. But Sam - he would know exactly who it was from, or so Marco hoped. Being a man of words, poems were among the most beautiful things in Marco’s eyes and Shilla and Marco have spent many hours reading them, and even going to poetry clubs. Poems that were given new meanings with exactly the same words... just like Marco was going to load this specific poem with a new meaning to describe his feelings. The act was so personal, so identifying after two years with him Shilla/Sam whom ever confused Marco so much - will know that they got this far.

<<
“FEELINGS WITHOUT A NAME

That night we lay on the dark brown carpet
and you told me that expected thing
I closed my eyes and tried to do
the soft and mutable equation
of what we do and what we promise to do
and I just couldn't think for the sound
of strange doors opening and old ones closing.
You know I'm not good with figures
even when the world is still and calm.
But now I will answer you as best I can:
and the feeling was without a name
like the true colour of light
before it is fractured and labelled
containing simply everything
in the known and unknown spectra
of my life.
Lekshmy Sujathan       Kerala, India      2002

>>

He left to the car, signaling Yelena and Arc to discreetly follow. "Thanks, Phoenix... you totally saved the day... I was stuck in a dead end with that one. Now it is to either wait for a replay or go to see the apartment... "

In the car he asks Arc - " We can check the apartment now... but it may be worth it to see what the matrix have in store for Mr. Cain Lee-Dana - may also give a bread crumb to follow."

« Last Edit: <06-05-15/1546:20> by gilga »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #592 on: <06-05-15/2036:37> »
It seemed like the crowd didn't know much about the other pile-up that happened the night prior, and it also seemed like the other patients waiting were more interested in talking about the cyber-armed human who saved the Barrens anyways.  Should have figured that...  Eventually, her name was called and she was brought back to get the arm checked out...after the routine physical check of weight, blood pressure, etc.  After a small eternity, the consulting nurse met with the short girl, examined the arm, and with a quick reconnection, the replacement appendage was brought back to life.  Feigning surprise and mild awe, Arc smiled broadly and made a motion to hug the nurse, but restrained herself.  "It's much appreciated, thank you.  I'll try to be more careful with it."[/color]  After signing a couple papers and working a quick payment for the visit, Arc rejoined Yelena, followed by Marco and Ambrose outside.  One look on the elf's face told the human she met a dead end as well.

"Aight, Marco...lead me there.  We can check out that name afterwards...I want to focus for the moment...believe it or not, this Matrix drek ain't easy for me"  She laughed, blushing a bit at that realization...she only started self-teaching how to use it after the Smiley Face killer, after all.  Hopping into the car, she readed a Fly-Spy from her arm, bringing it out and setting it on the center console before heading off, following the male elf's direction towards the specified apartment.  Once there, she would then launch the Fly-Spy from a few blocks down, pulling up the camera feed in AR and directing it to the location...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #593 on: <06-06-15/0338:28> »
“Alright..." Said Marco I got the commlink number of the dwarf from the accident. I texted to see what happens. Did it from my new burner... I bought. So it is not immediately linked to us. The next place is an apartment in the better part of town he marks it on the map. It belongs to Shilla Schmidt a German woman in late forties... We were close”, Marco sighs as if he is missing the bliss of ignorance - of just living life not understanding what lies ahead.
« Last Edit: <06-06-15/0603:49> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #594 on: <06-06-15/0655:44> »
Yelena, having had no better luck than Arc, walks with her friend to the hospital exit, where she retrieves her pistol.  She climbs into the rear of the auto so that Marco can give directions .  She is used to little setbacks in the search for information, knowing full well that it sometimes takes time to develop the patterns that allow for the stalking and the kill, although in this case it is just the stalking and finding.  She takes the opportunity to disassemble the Predator.  After all, one should never just assume that someone has not messed with the operating parts while they had the weapon in their hands.  Satisfied that all is well, she reassembles the pistol and sits back for the ride.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #595 on: <06-06-15/1525:56> »
"I didn't do anything.." Ambrose admits. "He didn't take the bait, I was going to blackmail his little punk ass with the footage of him accepting the bribe and give him the data chip."

He sits back down in car, sliding in as he watches out the window, imaging a little man running down the street and jumping off things, like an old 2d side scroller. Those were the days.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #596 on: <06-06-15/1607:56> »
“In that case I am glad that he did not bait. Everyone wants something... and that guy took bribe so quickly and without hesitation that it was not his first time. He has access to sensitive medical data and now so do we. It may be useful in the future. Blackmail should only be done with important contacts that you cannot do without... and only be exposed once they refuse to help you.”  Oh my god, thought Marco this is exactly what Shilla did to me. Shadowrunning brings out the darkest aspects of my soul.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #597 on: <06-07-15/0117:37> »
"I'd think those would be the ones you wouldn't want to black mail. Blackmailing the kid might make him realize that he shouldn't do what he did even if he did give us the information. Which I assume we're still waiting on right now?"

He pauses for a moment, "Besides, I'd not expose him in the slightest. He'd get a data chip with the video. I still have it of course, perhaps one of you could edit the info so we don't appear in it and our voices are modulated. "

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #598 on: <06-07-15/0212:46> »
The traffic is heavy at this time of day. But the interface between the vehicle and it's driver is so effortless that it's a pleasure far removed from the troubles and machinations of this increasingly more dangerous job. Or, maybe the dangers had always been there, but Sam's disappearance had just rammed it home.

@ Marco  The answer to your comm message comes before you've left the parking lot. >>Kid, I don't know how you got my number but I don't have money and I don't have time for games and if you call me again I'll just block you, and if you hack me, well I have a number I can report to KE.<<

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #599 on: <06-07-15/0309:30> »
Probably another dead end, thought Marco - yet the dwarf seemed paranoid clearly had money problems. It wasn’t Sam - or perhaps Marco thought to highly about their relationship. Who else would send a 70  years old poem.  “<<Look man... I am not after your money.  I am not here to play games... I require some information and you seem to be having some financial problems - lets help each other.>> “

Shilla’s apartment was an expensive looking building in a gated community. The building was 60 stories high and was highly maintained there. The community was nothing more than three skyscrapers surrounded by a wall Shilla’s apartment was on 50th floor of the eastern tower. The towers shared a green garden with actual grass and trees. The only downside was the air quality that was not ideal... as natural wind directions do not distinguish between the rich and the poor,  other than that it seemed like a little bit of paradise in a polluted city. “Welcome to the Vault... where the rich and famous feel safe to live. They have almost everything on site so some of them actually never leave this place. Most of them are relatively high up in the smaller corporations. The big ones have their own complexes - but the smaller ones rent places like the Vault. One last piece of trivia, there should be an underground missile base from the 1950’s under this complex - it is said to be deep enough to survive just about anything for cases of emergencies. I have a mark so they should let us in... I am registered as a well ‘supplier’. “
« Last Edit: <06-07-15/0322:46> by gilga »