NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3360 on: <06-23-16/1323:20> »
Marco said "Mojo does not follow our logic,  trying to figure out why is it even possible for me to be a bird on one moment and a person on the next is beyond what we can explain about this world...
So we'll just call it magic okay, and let Firefly figure out how why it works.  We'll just see what happens... and if things go wrong I'll just abort the spell."

There is very delicate physical expression to Marco's spells, he is very skilled at casting them discreetly, it only takes a moment and Arc is shaped into a dog. (Boom feel free to do so as you wish - a 3 legged dog perhaps? just a regular one)

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #3361 on: <06-23-16/2235:32> »
[spoiler]Okay, so I did some digging onto the case of shapechange and the case of augmentation.  Seeing as how essence was paid, the limb is treated as part of the individual for purposes of shapechange, and no advantage would be derived, I think this interpretation works :) [/spoiler]

The words Marco spoke puzzled Arc a bit.  There he goes again with his big words...I don't do mojo, I just know it w-WOAH!  It was as if she blinked and everything went different, as if she were on her knees...no..hands...feet...no, paws?!

Before the two elves stood an adult husky/irish setter mix, green cybereyes blinking as she stood with a tilted head.  The long fur on her was a mix of red-golden and white, with redder hues towards her head and ears.  Sitting briefly, she sniffed at the air as her right foreleg, still a metal replacement, revealed to the room.

Inside her mind, Arc was reeling.  It was like looking through an old-style trid...no color, just shades of grey..but the sounds, the smells!  It was as if she was being flooded with information that her animal instincts were processing.  Standing again, she brought her nose low as she approached others, gaining a sense of identity with each of their scents...

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3362 on: <06-24-16/0128:48> »
Marco was fascinated seeing how that work, he told Arc "Just bark or anything once you want to be changed back." To the rest he said, "I usually couple that spell with a mind link spell to make communication easier - it takes some time to feel comfortable in a new skin, some people struggle with not being able to speak. "

Marco gave Arc a few moments in her doggy form and then changed her back, concluding "Not very stealthy - but still useful... perhaps you could even fit in one of your own rotor drones that way."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3363 on: <06-29-16/1309:05> »
Once Arc was done experimenting with her dog form and had changed back she'd told Marco, "Day-uuum omae. Mah hoop wush jush not ready fuh that. But, I dunno as anyone would ever be ready. Shtill, it wush interestin'. An I could still control mah drones so we chill. Dunno as I'll evah be used ta it. But, be handy in our back pocket." Yelena had smiled at her friend. Her experiences as a bird mindlinked with Marco had been exhilarating and once Arc was done she'd kissed him and said, "Yelena ready for mindlink and be bird." Marco had kissed her back just as passionately, looking forward to being one with this woman who scared him as much as she set his senses on fire. He'd changed them in an instant and they'd left the others. The flight was exhilarating and It had been a great flight, and a great time afterwards. Marco had been entirely accurate when he'd said it was like a different world. The peace had almost been unsettling for Yelena. Here, the shadow was far and a vibrant sense of life replaced it. But, Marco was also near and Yelena had wanted to give him some memories to hold onto of her that weren't death and violence.

Arc had gone home to Jaime later than she'd intended. But, his enthusiasm once she'd returned hadn't been any less heartfelt for it. And he'd showed her the gifts he'd gotten for the girls and later, as they were falling asleep he'd stroked her belly gently for a few minutes.

Tusks answered Chesh, >>Yo, send me the coordinates and I'll bring the chips n dip.<< She'd gone to the party and had a great time. She'd even danced with the Mashup. And had managed to avoid stepping on anyone.

Firefly had played the shooter far longer than she'd intended. But, after her talk with Marco she'd needed getting lost in a kill spree and had felt better afterwards.

Jed had hit up a bar after he left Arc's garage and had found Mike nursing a drink. He'd talked and caught up on all the latest news and had unwound with a game of darts afterwards. With all the tech, Jed found he'd still prefer to have something real in his hands and liked the slow easy pace of darts and the skill needed to bulls eye his target. Which, was admittedly less and less often as he drank.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3364 on: <07-01-16/1430:28> »
"Where am I ? Did I really sleep in the street? I am a filthy man and I need to be punished!" He thinks and he makes his way to his regular church, where he spend the entire morning mumbling madly and praying. He is an embarrassment - but it is difficult to remove a person showing such a devotion from the Church... at least until they need the space for something important.

"Back to the streets for me" thinks Marco as he wonders aimlessly in the worse parts of the city. He ends up in an homeless shelter that is not much more than an abandoned school. There are no free beds or mattresses but Marco only does not need much. He spent most of his life sleeping on a cold hard wood, deep down behind all the masks he is used for modesty. "perhaps modesty is my true self, the one not perverted by the endless pursuit of pleasures and sins." Marco is so submerged in his plan that he does not even consciously remember that it is in fact a plan. He is determined to step the slippery slope into existential despair - to sift through his life and judge his behavior according to Catholic values. In an odd way - acknowledgement of his sins gives him peace.
[/quote]
@ Marco  A fight breaks out in the shelter across the room from Marco. Two men fighting when one accuses the other of stealing his lighter. In this environment where ones possessions are so few, even the smallest one is precious. The fight awakens Marco in time to see both men thrown out of the shelter for it. Now, they will have to find some other spot to sleep for the night, greed consigning them both to the cold and the dangers of the street once again.

"They are in danger... it is very cold outside" thinks Marco and leaves after the two, and confidently approaches them
"Please people there is no need to fight my children, we are all equal before the Lord.
Come my children there is no need to fight there is plenty of grace to both of us. I will hand you this lipstick son,
if only you give your friend the benefit of the doubt - I am certain that he is no villain. I bet you can trade it.
Come back children of God, nobody needs to sleep outside tonight - it is snowing."
Marco takes out of his pocket a red lipstick and tosses it
to the theft victim. Needless to say - he only uses top tier cosmetics. "One can never know when the craving for red hot thick lips would arise."
was his regular excuse for carrying that trinket, however right now personal hygiene or makeup seems to be taken from a completely different world.

@ Marco  The men turn to Marco and one of them, the man whose lighter had been stolen said "Go to hell! Bible thumper!" looking at Marco angrily. He takes the lipstick Marco throws but doesn't give it back.
In response Marco takes off his coat, and hands it over to the victim. "Here - have my coat as well, it is a cold night and you may need it more than I do." to the other he said "I can get you both to back to the shelter... if you let me help, there is no hope for me - but perhaps there is for you two."  Marco indeed suffered from the cold. It was no weather to to be outdoors without one, however at his emotional state he cared very little about his own well being.
« Last Edit: <07-01-16/1444:36> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3365 on: <07-01-16/1438:11> »
Few days before Marco's demise:
Marco's and Yelena's romance was brought to its first crisis when Marco gained his astral hearing again. Yelena's aura - it was filled with cries of horrors - it was hideous and cruel - the soul of a killer - of a sociopath. It felt as if her victims constantly cried in Marco's ears, "Run away, run away - while you still can."

There was no salvaging the social situation, Marco returned home and Yelena being Yelena prepared a very sensual night for the two of them. The Salon was lit with candles and Yelena waited in lingerie. The face of Marco as she approached him were unexcuseable. Horror, disgust, he could not look at her - could not listen to her and could not even be in the same room as her.

Marco did not yet know how to turn on/off his astral senses, and no matter what Yelena did, no matter what she said - her aura, it was louder than her words.

"Agrat... please I am begging you show me how to turn it off - this is impossible.  "  He thought

"Love is indeed blind...  can you love her now that you can see how hideous she really is?" Asked the succubus.

Yelena pauses as she approaches Marco that night.  The evening should have been perfect.  Candles, dinner, mind-blowing sex.  Instead...................................instead it was something else.  The expression on his face is troubling, tugging at her memory.  And then she knew it.  Disgust.................disgust and horror.  Marco is looking at her with disgust and horror.  And a bit of fear.  When he turns his head away to avoid looking at her, she goes cold inside.  Yelena stands still for a minute, then two, then five, willing him to change, to look back at her.  He does not.  Without saying a word, she removes the negligee he had bought her and dresses in her own well-worn clothes.  She takes her cases from the closet and packs her clothes, quite glad that she does not own much.  Her sax and guns are already in their cases. 

Marco has not moved an inch in this time and neither has his expression softened.  No regret.  No sign of love.  Just revulsion and disgust.  Yelena slings her sax case over her shoulder and picks up her suitcase and weapons case and heads for the door from the bedroom.  She stops at the door and without turning around, she quietly says, "Yelena leaving.  Marco can change mind right now.  Once Yelena leave, Yelena leave.  Marco giving up love.  Marco lie Yelena about love.  About everything.  Yelena say goodbye."  When he does not reply in any fashion, Yelena leaves the bedroom and the apartment.  She realizes that she should feel something, but knows that if she allows herself to feel she will probably collapse. 

On the way down to the garage, Yelena comes to the conclusion that for her love is the great betrayer.  She packs her things on her bike and rides away from the apartment building, setting the destination in the autopilot so she does not have to drive.  Arriving at Arc's garage, she finds that Arc has left for the day, as expected, but that Firefly is in, also expected.  Yelena finds the girl on the couch playing some sort of game on the trideo.  She waits for a break in the game and interrupts her.  "Marco not love Yelena.  Send Yelena away.  Love was lies.  Yelena go away for day, maybe two.  Decker mage want come?" 

While she waits for Firefly to process the information and consider her offer, Yelena sends a note to Arc.  >>Srui.  Is Yelena.  Marco break Yelena heart.  Love was lies.  Yelena is thrown from apartment.  May I return garage home?  Yelena go away for day, maybe two.  Maybe take Firefly.  Srui tell rigger man Yelena chop off many small parts and feed to something horrible if he hurt you.<<
Everything was falling apart, it was planned, but was still painful. A plan that was made in a brief second as Marco and Blake were mind linked. It was the only way Marco could follow her without THEM following... after all Marco was clearly not allowed to leave Seattle. Marco watched in silent as Yelena leaves, tries not to show empathy or any sort of emotion. She might never forgive him - but it must look real. "I cannot unsense what I now sense... " he mumbles half to himself and half to Yelena. Marco does not even form an eye contact, very uncharacteristic of him.
"He...who...what?!"

I never exactly trusted the elf, but where'd this come from?  Still, Yelena's distress over it was clear, even if her way of showing it wasn't exactly normal for a woman in love.  I'd worked with enough professionals in my short time to recognise this method of processing.

I also know my first inclination, to give the woman a hug, likely wasn't the way to go.

"Sure.  I'll go.  Not like I have anything planned until we go to Europe.  And here I'd started to almost warm to the priest again.  I suppose I shouldn't ignore my instincts like that, should I Yelena-sensei?"

Yelena shakes her head.  "Is not Marco.  Is Yelena.  Yelena think Marco new mojo skill let see Yelena soul.  PI man see soul and maybe used to such as Yelena, but Marco only suspect.  Yelena thinks he is now able see Yelena.  Marco disgusted by sight.  Not even look Yelena in eye.  Face of horror and disgust.  Yelena....................Yelena...............frag.  Yelena had hope Marco different.  Not different.  Yelena is killer and soul dark with deaths of innocents.  Much innocents.  Now Marco see and not like Yelena.  Marco not love enough forgive Yelena.'

"So Yelena move on.  Love was lies.  Marco love not real, just pretend.  Frag Marco.  Pack light if decker mage come Yelena.  Leave five minutes.  Drive Shadow bar."

@ Marco  A fight breaks out in the shelter across the room from Marco. Two men fighting when one accuses the other of stealing his lighter. In this environment where ones possessions are so few, even the smallest one is precious. The fight awakens Marco in time to see both men thrown out of the shelter for it. Now, they will have to find some other spot to sleep for the night, greed consigning them both to the cold and the dangers of the street once again.

"They are in danger... it is very cold outside" thinks Marco and leaves after the two, and confidently approaches them
"Please people there is no need to fight my children, we are all equal before the Lord.
Come my children there is no need to fight there is plenty of grace to both of us. I will hand you this lipstick son,
if only you give your friend the benefit of the doubt - I am certain that he is no villain. I bet you can trade it.
Come back children of God, nobody needs to sleep outside tonight - it is snowing."
Marco takes out of his pocket a red lipstick and tosses it
to the theft victim. Needless to say - he only uses top tier cosmetics. "One can never know when the craving for red hot thick lips would arise."
was his regular excuse for carrying that trinket, however right now personal hygiene or makeup seems to be taken from a completely different world.

@ Marco  The men turn to Marco and one of them, the man whose lighter had been stolen said "Go to hell! Bible thumper!" looking at Marco angrily. He takes the lipstick Marco throws but doesn't give it back.
In response Marco takes off his coat, and hands it over to the victim. "Here - have my coat as well, it is a cold night and you may need it more than I do." to the other he said "I can get you both to back to the shelter... if you let me help, there is no hope for me - but perhaps there is for you two."  Marco indeed suffered from the cold. It was no weather to to be outdoors without one, however at his emotional state he cared very little about his own well being.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: <07-01-16/1440:01> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3366 on: <07-02-16/1057:53> »
@ Marco. The shorter one, the one accused of stealing gives a short bark of laughter. "The ain't lettin' us back in tonight. He's doomed us to freeze 'cause he can't keep track o his stuff." Once he's done speaking he turns and walks away, gathering his short jacket around him as he goes.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3367 on: <07-02-16/1401:34> »
Marco said to the taller one "You got the lipstick and the coat - I now own your lighter - it is the best trade anyone will ever offer you.  Whomever has it - has my complete agreement to use it. " he then runs after the shorter one and say  "Please, things were said in the heat of the moment and nobody accuses you of stealing. I can get you a bed in the shelter, please go back with me - do not leave in anger.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3368 on: <07-03-16/0936:04> »
@ Marco  The chummer Marco had run after stopped and gave him a look of disbelief, "What the hell." He'd finally stated. And turning around he'd gone back to the shelter with Marco. The other member of this little scene was long gone. Marco would have run after him if he'd been able to spot him but he was nowhere in sight.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3369 on: <07-03-16/1016:58> »
"At least that other one has an extra coat" sighed Marco as the two went to the shelter. Arriving to the shelter Marco asks to speak to the director, he closes the door behind himself and say "My client is actually a lot richer than he seems to be... and he refuses to actually act the role, he wants to spend the night at this place. Go figure, if I had this kind of money I'd rent a nice place downtown.  At any case - here is what he can afford for a night . Just make him feel like one of the rest. ." Marco places a 2k nuyen cred-stick in the ends of the surprised director and does not wait for a reply, his facing seeing how much money is stored in that credstick are all the reply needed. Marco went back to the entrance and with the confidence of someone who runs this place he welcomes the person to the shelter.  Even in charity - money seems to be making the world go round - and 2k nuyen buys plenty for thous that accept such a modest life style.
[spoiler]
Marco is of-course laying but the money is real and as absurd as it sounds he is actually quite believable. I mean who would pay 2k nuyen for a night at a homeless shelter anyhow.
Con: 18d6t5 9
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-03-16/1117:26> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3370 on: <07-03-16/2120:23> »
Marco quickly finds that two beds are freed for him and Hal. The only name the recipient of his generosity would give. And soon Maroc found that he and Hal were being watched over by the staff. Money does indeed by privileges. Not many considering the conditions of the shelter. But, breakfast seems to be one of them as when morning comes they are awakened so that they can be first in line for the meager offerings while they're still hot. It's scrambled soy and toast and a piece of pressed soy flavored to taste like bacon, at least in theory, and hot, fresh soycaf. As accustomed to real food as Marco was it was completely unpalatable. But, Hal tucked into like it was ambrosia. And now that Marco had more lighting it was obvious how gaunt he was. But, before Marco could say anything Hal said, "Thanks, for getting me in for the night. I missed an appointment with my supplier or I would have made enough dealing to afford at least a coffin and some company for the night. You got a good face. I could get you work as a mule maybe an you could work for me." He looks at Marco expectantly, as if he's made an extremely generous offer.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3371 on: <07-03-16/2246:51> »
Marco politely thanks Hal for his offer and said "Thank you very much Hal, this is generous of you. It was good to know you, but  I spend all my days at Church." He then added with a grave serious voice "I do not have much time left."   Marco reluctantly ate fake breakfast, and then excused himself. He walked at the streets and every thing looked different, the comforts of home seemed like the lost garden of Eden - a place of bliss and great ignorance. What was left now is clarity and a sad understanding " I am a lot smaller than I feel " . Without thinking at it much he found himself at his Church where he already had a spot where he was less of an embarrassment.

Marco's emotions stired as he reached the Church - faith was his greatest failure and accepting that made him cry. "Oh Lord forgive me, for my sins are many, too many to count." He mumbled as he begun his routine.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3372 on: <07-05-16/1655:51> »
Yelena is not a stupid woman, for stupid women do not live long in the sixth world, but she would be the first to tell anyone who really wanted to listen that she knows little of what motivates people to be as they are.  Sure, there are the obvious things, like money and power and greed and sex, all of which she understands to one degree or another.  But the deeper motivations escape her.  Most of her life has been about surviving.  The early years were the worst, as she watched those weaker than herself fall and die.  She should have died several times in those first years at the camp, but she did not.  She lived and thrived in a world of sex, drugs, and death, first allowing the shadow to help her then forcing the shadow to help her as she grew stronger. 

Yelena has taken many lovers, men and women, but only three stand out in her mind as important and influential.  Nikolai was the first man to really recognize her raw talent for killing and to see that she not only accepted death but reveled it.  He saw something beyond the drugs and sex that no one else had to that point.  He took her in, trained her, and gave her a calling.  She was a killer, a murderer of innocent and guilty alike and each death was cold and brutal.  She preferred killing with a rifle, but that was not practical in a prison so he taught her how to kill with anything that came to hand.  And she drank in his teachings like they were an elixir from the gods.  She might have been his best pupil, although he did tell her of another he had once trained.  But he was able to take the unformed girl that Yelena was and transform her into something darker, more like himself.  She accepted the shadow path he showed her and walked it with him, desiring to know more.

The second lover had been the sax man.  He had had no idea what the shadow was and tempted Yelena away from it with music and love.  Or, at least, the illusion of love.  Yelena had put her rifle in a closet for five years to live with him and learn about living instead of death.  She had learned to play the saxophone and it seemed that she had an innate talent for the instrument, learning so fast that he often asked her if she had not already known how to play before she came to him.  Yelena had pushed the shadow aside and was happy.  She cooked and cleaned and laundered for them, and played with him in the clubs when he wished her to.  He cheated on her, but always came back because he loved her.  And she took him back because she loved him more than reason and common sense should allow.  His betrayal at the end left her emotionally empty, drained of any desire for love and peace.  She had sworn then to never let another man that close to her.

But Yelena had not counted on someone like Marco.  Marco was different..............................so very different.  He was not an innocent and she could sense the war within himself over what his life had been, and what it now was, and over her.  She was everything he could not accept about the world but seemed completely unable to not love her.  For her part, Yelena recognized someone on the knife edge of the shadow world.  His skills and ability could have made him a great assassin, a feared and respected killer.  She was prepared to wait for him to see that and make a choice.  And for some reason, she was ready to let herself love again and she broke all of her own rules for the young Keeb.  Love is not something easily explained or sold in a box from the shelf of a Stuffer Shack.  If you can explain love then you are not in love; the best you can do is wave your hands ineffectively and mutter phrases like "Well, you just know when you are in love." 

And Yelena is in love.  She knows it.  She cannot explain it.  She feels pain when Marco is not around and now that is every minute of every day.  His betrayal has nearly destroyed her heart, sending her deeper into the shadow world she lives in.  But..............    But..................  But this betrayal is not the same as that of the sax man.  That lover had died and left evidence of a betrayal of the worst kind.  His expressed love for Yelena had been lies, words said to give him a steady companion and someone to have sex with.  Someone to keep his apartment and cook for him.  Yelena had been nothing but a tool to the man, someone to tide him over until he could convince his wife to take him back.  A pleasant tool, certainly, but still a tool.  But Marco is not the sax man.  He wanted nothing from her but that she change to be a better person.  And he loved her even when she could not promise to even try.  What is that, if not real love?  And this time Yelena could do something.  The sax man had died and Yelena had lost any chance of being what he had wanted, but Marco was still living.  He was changing to something and Yelena had not been strong enough to listen or even ask.  She had simply taken his words and left.

But what if the words were more than that?  What if they were a call for help and not a betrayal?  If that were the case, then would not Yelena be the betrayer?  Suddenly her world turns upside down.  She can feel an ache in her heart for what Marco had put there in his perhaps misguided attempt to save her, but it was real and it was still there.  It is easy to feel slighted and hurt and rejected, but It is hard to feel enough love to look past the pain and see that there might be something else behind what was said.  In her more than sixty years of life, Yelena has learned that no one changes that much so quickly, but she had been so willing to believe in his betrayal that she had not thought of that in her moment of despair.  True, she had not thought of that at all, almost reveling in her own misery and more than willing to believe the worst of a man who had said he loved her.  The fragging sax man had hurt her more than even Yelena had realized if he could still affect her in this way so many years after he had died.  This time Yelena has a chance to show that she, too, can love and that love can mean looking past the hurt and making an effort to understand......to help.

Yelena returns to the building where Marco had lived but is told that he had already moved out, leaving no forwarding address.  The manager tells her that had changed so much that the neighbors had been complaining and that Marco would have been asked to leave if he had not already turned in his notice.  He had simply left, giving away most of his things, apparently taking nothing.  Yelena asks to see the apartment, telling the manager that she has left something there and could she please get it.  Some money changed hands and Yelena is given the current code to enter the room.  The transformation was appalling, even to Yelena, who had lived with none of the trappings of luxury for her entire life.  Nothing was cared for and everything not already given away had been left behind.  Yelena is looking for something in particular and finds it, a picture of a young girl.  She carefully takes the picture and nothing else, leaving the ruin of Marco's life behind as she leaves the building.

Yelena walks to a café near the apartment building and sits at a small table in a corner of the room, calling up the AR menu and ordering a soycaf.  While waiting for the caf to arrive, Yelena has her 'link search out every Catholic church in Seattle and begins calling them, one after the other.  She is asking if there have been any new additions to the flock of late, perhaps someone who has given up everything.  The first several calls are disappointing but then she remembers that Marco has been giving his things away and so the wealthy churches might not be where he has gone.  She shifts her search parameters and begins calling the churches in the poorer districts, those that might staff a homeless shelter or soup kitchen.  Two more hours of calling and still the answers are all the same; no one like that has been in the area.  About to give this effort up and try to think of something else, there is a pause at the other end of the line.  "But wait.  There is someone.  He has been here before so is not new here, but he has changed.  He is dressed shabbily and cares not for his appearance, and has donated many things to help us with the shelter and soup kitchen across the street."

Yelena's heart leaps within her breast.  Yes!.  She softly speaks to herself in Russian then responds to the priest.  "Yelena thank, Father.  Priest has been much help."

Yelena notes the address of the church and frowns, thinking that her clothes will stand out there, not to mention the bike itself.  She finishes the caf and leaves the café, climbing on her bike and driving towards the neighborhood where the church is located, letting the autopilot take her there while she tries to formulate a plan.  A slight smile comes to her lips as she checks addresses and gives the bike new directions.  She stops at a small shop specializing in off-the-rack clothing and buys something more appropriate to the area she will be going to, to include a shabby coat to hide her pistol and a winter hat to cover her stark white hair and Keeb ears.  From the store, she goes to a parking garage and leaves the bike after transferring her new secret pistol to her ragged clothes and stashing the others in one of the storage bins on the bike.  She returns to the street level and takes several buses to get as close as possible to the area supported by the church, walking the rest of the way.  Her steps get more leaden as she gets closer and her mind starts fomenting doubts.  He might really not love her.  He might really dislike her so much that he wanted to hurt her in the worst possible manner he could.  He had known about the sax man and his betrayal and this would have played out perfectly for a man trying to hurt her.  But enough of Yelena's heart still remains that she forces those thoughts back into the shadows, claiming a small bit of herself to be still herself and still in love.  She had been in danger of being the worst thing she can think of, a hypocrite.  She knows that love is unexplainable and blind.....................Frag, everyone ever in love knows that.  But is not love......true love.....willing to forge through hardships and pain, to muscle past obstacles and still be love?  True, he might have stopped loving her, but she has not stopped loving him and she needs to......has to...........make an effort to show him that she is in love with him despite what he might feel or not feel, for her.

She can see the men and women lined up across the street at the shelter and soup kitchen.  Even worse, she can feel the draw of Bliss and knows her own life is in danger here.  She can see people in the line that are clearly ravaged by that drug and others like it and her hands start shaking from the need and her blood quickens at the thought that she could be at peace with just one hit.  Something to calm and her and give her confidence.  Without even thinking of it, Yelena's feet shift direction and she walks slowly across the street to where a man is standing, obviously the major pusher in this area.  His stance and air of confidence is crystal clear to Yelena as that of a successful pusher, a leach of the worst kind.  She stops ten feet from him and he turns to look at her, smiling as he recognizes the need of the junkie in her eyes, even reaching into his pocket and removing a small packet of the drug to show her.  She can almost smell the powder from here and takes one step closer..............then two...........then she stops.  This is not why she came here, is it?  This is the risk she takes very day of her life.  The beasts she had fallen in with in prison still haunt her today.  Bliss and Kamikaze ruled her life behind bars and provided her the means to survive between killings.  It had taken years to wean herself away from the effects and the cravings and yet she had fallen so readily back into that life with Bella and the club.  Far too easily. 

She frowns but shakes her head and turns away.  The pusher smiles, knowing that she will be back.  Yelena is trembling as she enters the church, not only from wondering what she will find inside, but also from the near lapse back into the stupor offered by the drug.  Sliding through the door, she looks around to let her eyes adjust to the dim light inside.  None of the few pews are empty, but most only have one or two people in them.  She walks to the middle of the church, selecting a pew with only one person already there.  She holds herself tight and slides onto the hard wooden seat, staying near the edge so she can leave in a hurry if she wants to.  Yelena looks around, gazing at the people to see if she can spot Marco, but he is not among the worshippers here.  She wraps herself in her love and waits.

And waits.  He finally makes a showing, but Yelena almost does not recognize the man Marco has become.  But not even his ragged clothes or the way his hair and body appear to be unkempt can hide Marco from Yelena.  He goes into a cubical that she knows is for confessions and remains there.  She stands and walks to wait near the entrance to the cubical.  She has no need for confessing any sins, but wants to be there when Marco reappears.  In her own semi ragged clothing, she does not stand out much as she waits.  When he emerges, he does not seem to see her and attempts to walk past, but she calls out to him.  "Yelena love Marco."
« Last Edit: <07-05-16/1751:22> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3373 on: <07-06-16/1424:28> »
Marco looked at Yelena, it took him a while to understand who she was - his old life seemed so far and he grew so confused.  "Yelena... listen, we  both are going to hell, some of us sooner than the others, but it is not goodbye it is see you later. I truly believe that. " He hands her his comb and say "This is to remember me by, this entire existence is temporary, everything is nothing but an illusion. I love that comb very much, it has a piece of my soul in it. Keep it with you as long as you still love me - and love will find a way to comfort you. I am praying  that in some other world we will meet again. "
With that, Marco returned to his catatonic state and silently prayed for remorse.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3374 on: <07-06-16/1438:51> »
Yelena shudders at the rejection, close to tears and even closer to leaving him to wallow here for the rest of his probably very much shortened life.  She takes a half step back and almost turns away before remembering why she came here in the first place.  Her left arm moves like a snake and grabs Marco around the throat, pulling him closer to her while keeping the other hand free to grab the pistol at her hip if necessary.  She begins backing up the aisle, looking left and right as well as behind her.  "You are not Marco.  Someone or something has changed you and you need help.  I am not leaving you here to die, do you understand that?  And the rest of you should be very careful.  This man has changed radically over the past couple of days.  Are any of you sure that you want to be near him when he continues his decline and maybe starts hurting people?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Register