NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1590 on: <09-05-15/1506:01> »
Ginny looks from one of the men to the other.  Not having to fake her shyness, she laughs, "And we were doing pretty much the same thing.  Our conversation was about artificial Valcin crystals and some of the uses for them."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1591 on: <09-05-15/1539:46> »
@ Marco Dr. Anderson looks at you and says, "The new applications for Valcien crystals have given us ways to use medications that were previously un-deliverable given previous methods." he pauses. "But, current theory on their lattice structures is making possible a whole new line of research." he sips his drink. "My minor back in my university days was particle theory. I've always had a love for the different structures of particulate matter." he pauses to look at Ginny. "So, this is something that's excited me. One of my best friends has been with a crew that's exploring the possible applications in thaumaturgy and he's been almost babbling with excitement." he laughs. And then he smiles at both Marta and Ginny and says, "And while it's not at all theoretical, I can highly recommend the effect an excellent dinner provides." his eyebrow arches at Marta. "I've already enjoyed the effect your lovely smile has had on me."
« Last Edit: <09-05-15/1543:13> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1592 on: <09-05-15/1555:22> »
For Blake He watches Arc carefully as she tells him what they know about the drug. "Trix interference? From a drug! Are you sure?" He's never heard of anything that could do that anywhere you can tell.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1593 on: <09-05-15/1614:17> »
@ Subaru  It's nearly dark when you get to the trip spot. And this neighborhood isn't exactly friendly in the daytime. Hopefully you've interpreted Lexi correctly or this could get real interesting real fast. But, before you can start to worry you spot a bit of movement out of the corner of your eye. When you turn to look, it's a small brown rabbit standing on it's hind legs looking at you. A rabbit???? Here??? As soon as you spot it it turns and hops down the alley away from you.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1594 on: <09-05-15/1615:46> »
Marta said - “Well if you keep this sexy science talk, you may see more than my smile. As you can imagine from my date choice for this night -" She looks at Ginny "I am attracted to super intelligent people - I find them irresistible." And then back at Mr. Anderson - "I must admit that since you joined us, the lively discussion you had with Ginny was mind blowing and I found it erotic... " She pauses and then ads "I have this weakness for brilliant scientists and I could never imagine that I'll have two of them at the same table with me. " She smiles at him seductively. Her hand is still stroking Ginny's suggestively.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1595 on: <09-05-15/1624:28> »
I'd been in Seattle a month and in that time I'd seen insects, pigeons, crows, rats and domestic pets.

A rabbit?

It would be a strange coincidence for something so out of the ordinary to happen at the meeting spot and time.  It was also unlikely but not impossible that a rabbit would be used as bait to draw in an unsuspecting young girl out when and where she oughtn't be.  Readying myself to flee...or fight...if this was a trap I pull up to the corner of the alley entry and peek around.  If I don't see a human threat, I'll cautiously creep in.
« Last Edit: <09-05-15/1636:09> by Shaman_Yuri »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1596 on: <09-05-15/1629:20> »
@ Subaru  Bootstrap steps out from behind a trash can grinning at you. He whispers, " 'Sup faithfulgurl!" Almost 14 the young human's already been a mage almost 3 years. "Rabbit's waiting!" he turns and begins darting from shadow to shadow.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1597 on: <09-05-15/1629:52> »
Ginny gasps in spite of herself and without thinking reaches a hand out to touch the man's arm.  "Are you serious?  I have been studying Valcien crystals for years.  My first exposure was while working on my Masters in Chemistry in LA.  Funding ran out and I my project was shelved, but then recently I had the opportunity to get back into the field after I finished my Doctorate.  I find the crystals to be completely exciting and could probably bore you to death with the research applications I think are possible.  And I am fascinated by particle theory.  Almost minored in it myself, but I was already too deep into biology and computers so my physics background is a bit weak and solely based on the required core courses I had to take.  My god I loved the academic life, but I needed a real job after my second Doctorate."

The entire tone of her conversation has changed.  Suddenly she is not nervous or shy, but clearly interested.  She looks at Dr. Anderson in a completely different light, looking past the physical and to the mental and she is impressed.  As an academic, she is completely not boasting, just laying her pedigree on the table as a sort of CV.
« Last Edit: <09-05-15/1635:21> by Mercy Merchant »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #1598 on: <09-05-15/1642:45> »
I'd only met Bootstrap a couple of times.  As a self-taught shaman, he had come an amazingly long way.  It's a shame the world is such that he can't be availed of all the resources I had been given.  He has so much potential.

But as I had learned over the past three months, life isn't fair.

I just have to survive long enough to teach that lessons to the bastard who framed my mother.

Bootstrap was already running off and I did my best to keep up with the boy while also being some semblance of stealthy.  I'm sure everyone who actually belonged here for a kilometer around could hear and/or see me.  I have no clue how the native kids here manage to dance through the shadows like they do.  I'm a lot better at it now than I was a month ago, but I have a LONG way to go before I actually fit in around here.  Hopefully kids like Bootstrap and Lexi won't give up on me before I figure it out.  Still, you learn by doing and so I watched my friend's movements and did my best to mimic him with my slightly larger frame.
« Last Edit: <09-05-15/2008:02> by Shaman_Yuri »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #1599 on: <09-05-15/1648:27> »
Jed felt a little uncomfortable at Yelenas last statement. Hopefully by the time she found out, it wouldn'tatter any more that he wasn't really dead. 

Don't forget I had some digging done and the place is backed by the Triads
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1600 on: <09-05-15/1752:32> »
@ Arc. You get a comm from Rabbit. >>They ship goods two hours ago. More trucks now. Offload.<<

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1601 on: <09-06-15/1247:45> »
Ginny feels a bit embarrassed and removes her hand from Dr. Anderson's sleeve.  Blushing, she averts her eyes.  "I.....I am sorry.  Sometimes I get carried away when the conversation turns a bit scientific.  It is almost as Marta was warming me up and then you know something about Valcien crystals and.........and I guess I said too much.  I am very sorry and......and........"  Her sentence trails off as she sits back in her chair, the shyness returning.  *Idiot.....idiot......idiot.  What possessed you to do that?  Now he is going to walk away and Marta will be disappointed.  Oh frag it all to drek.*

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #1602 on: <09-06-15/1257:50> »
Arc was solid and resolute when she spoke in response to Blake, every indicator relating that she wasn't lying to the trog.  "That's what I be sayin'.  Believe I saw it too.  The club has a nice AR overlay over the dance floors.  When we was therez I saw a patch start to glitch out. Makes me think localized noise, ya heard?  Anyhow, I see that, then the hostess makes a move to put someone in one of the back rooms.  I'm tellin ya, the two he related amirite?  I can't explain it, just share the drek I know sight?"

It was at this moment that Rabbit and her comm message chirped in, and Arc used the break in her speaking to give a response.

<<Remember your job, Rabbit.  I need a look into their setup.  Photos, diagrams, drek like that.  The product?  I'd be interested in a sample, but don't do it if too risky aight?>>

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1603 on: <09-06-15/1309:24> »
Yelena watches the bi-play between her Srui and the newcomer.  There is no doubt in her mind how she would jump if things went south, although she doubts that this will go that far.  Still, she marks the man as a potential target.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1604 on: <09-06-15/1632:40> »
@ Subaru. Bootstrap moves quickly. But he checks back on you freq. And he's alert to when you become winded and when you get nervous about some of the jumps. He pauses and holds his hand up for you to stop, quietly swiveling his head from side to side checking the surroundings. But, he keeps checking you out of the corner of his eye. And when you finally catch your breath he says. "I don't be good at Hopscotch. So's we better take a little easier road." He smiles at you shyly, and then ducks his head a little embarrassed. The route you take after that is a little easier and a little slower. But you finally get to a warehouse and Lexi steps out of a shadow and hugs you. Bootstrap whispers, "Heya Rabbit! I brung" he pauses and swallows taking a quick look back at you, "brought her, just like you said." Rabbit smiles and says, "You be solid Bootstrap." Looking at you she says, "Is good job! Real cred! Just be sneaky and watch Mtlgrl say. Only she needs warehouse insides. Rabbit only one sneaky enough for inside, but can't tell Mtlgrl. But you be talent. Maybe." She's looking at you hopefully as she whispers all this, pulling you all back into the shadows.   

Register