NEWS

Date Night ( OOC )

• 558 Replies

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #420 on: <02-21-16/1213:07> »
The number of skills learned is determined by your logic.  The magic number is LOG divided by 2, rounded up.
If that's the case, and with current information to light, Arc can learn Con, and will likely be learning stuff on the flight over.  Wiz

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #421 on: <02-21-16/1244:15> »
I forgot about that rule.  Crap. 

If learning skills takes a certain number of days, and I have the days to use, why should we be limited to a certain number of skills.  It makes sense when downtimes are an abstract amount of time.  Our next downtime may not be until February of 2017.

Grrrr.  My Logic is 2, so this throws major monkey wrenches.

My karma/ nuyen plans were thus:  (double check to make sure I'm not missing anything)

Smiles is letting me pick up an old beat up motorcycle for 10% cost, plus 10% to Arc to get it running.  Old Mirage (retconned to look like any plain Kawasaki bike):  2,000 Nuyen

learn Artificing skill at 1 rank:  I have the one karma

Buy and learn 2 spells (increase intuition, watcher ritual)   21,000 (500 each for spells, convert 20k nuyen to 10 karma)

Purchase Nixdorf Secretar commlink through my decker contact, with program carrier mod added and Programs:  Virtual Machine, sneak, search, browse, signal scrub, encrypt) :  $6,400, plus any premium Smiles may add.

Bond an F1 Sustaining focus, convert 4K nuyen to 1 karma

Pay lifestyle;  3K nuyen

I had planned on converting my last 2K nuyen to 1 karma to learn to drive the motorcycle, but looks like I can't.

Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #422 on: <02-21-16/1246:32> »
I currently have 8 dice for matrix search.  The plan with the Nixdorf is to have the agent do teamwork tests (hopefully getting me 2 more dice), and using the Search program for another 2, coupled with an intuition increase of 4, which would net me a total of 16 dice for matrix searches.  This is for my information gathering part of my concept.  Background checks, digging up info and creating profiles of people from their social media. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #423 on: <02-21-16/1457:16> »
Sounds like you are getting serious about improving that part of your life.  Very cool.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #424 on: <02-21-16/1602:01> »
Crafting roll - how Marco made a powerful focus on his own:

F2 formula

Jed Roll to help.
Artificising: 7d6t5 1
limit raised to 3, and Marco get 1 extra dice.

Marco has magic 6 + artificing 2 + cooperation 1 = 9 dice
Artificising: 9d6t5 3
3 hits - like the limit.
The talisma is Marco's comb that is always with him no matter what. After all Marco is more prepared to a bad hair day then to being ambushed. His comb is a simple wooden comb, crafted ages ago in the monastery out of lack of modern entertainment options.

Object resistance 3 + 2 from formula power - 5 hits.
Artificising(resist): 5d6t5 0

Tada: F3 power focus created, Marco spends 3 karma to bind it. The entire process took 2 days and the raw materials are 12 reagents (that are worth 240 nuyen).

What I learned about artificing it is the task for more than one mage. Marco got lucky now but to reliably create strong focuses requires a team of mages working together. Rituals spellcasting also favor teams working together as the effects of the ritual depends on the sum of magic of participants so if we happen to have 3 mages in our circle, they can actually do amazing things together.
Rituals and crafting are often overlooked but if we actually stick together we can do very unusual magic together.

Artificing is the kind of skills that I never considered because it is entirely legwork skill and crafting focuses costs karma, while they can simply be bought from a talismonger. However, actually crafting Marco's own focus feels very satisfying. I think that I'll increase the investment in Artificing in the future.

Boom:
Tutorsoft pilot aircraft: 12d6t5 3
so no time needed to learn 0-->2 pilot aircraft, within few hours Arc will understand the basics.

« Last Edit: <02-21-16/1720:04> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #425 on: <02-21-16/2129:42> »
The talisma is Marco's comb that is always with him no matter what. After all Marco is more prepared to a bad hair day then to being ambushed.

;D I rolled when I read that.  But, I don't think you can say Marco made it on his own if he had Jed's help.  :P And with three mages in the party. I'm going to have to look out for my poor bad guys!
« Last Edit: <02-22-16/0413:35> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #426 on: <02-22-16/0103:58> »
More fun than going to the talismonger :)

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #427 on: <02-22-16/1043:18> »
Can someone please tell Jed about Y? 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #428 on: <02-22-16/1054:23> »
On it.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #429 on: <02-23-16/0022:19> »
Ok, here is what I want/plan to do.  I made rolls for spell learning:

Day 1:   Learn increase intuition spell:  irish:12D6E5 → 8( (4, 6, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 3, 2, 3, 6, 6→ 8 successes against 5) )     1 day, day I find out Yelena is in the hospital, rolled well enough to have some time to look into Bella's disappearance

Day 2:  Teach Marco Binding while binding my own spirit:  1 day

Day 3:  Learn rank 1 artificing:  1 day spent learning with Marco

Day 4  write Marco's formula:  1 day   (presumably while Marco works on Rank 2 of artificing

Day 5:  Write his own formula:  1 day  (presumably while Marco finishes Rank 2 of artificing    With some extra time to look into Bella's disappearance

Days 6 and 7:  Craft with Marco his focus:  2 days

Day  8:  Craft with Marco Jed's foucs:  1 day

Day 9 & 10  Learn watcher ritual:  2 days

So that is 10 days there. 
« Last Edit: <02-23-16/0027:54> by SmilinIrish »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #430 on: <02-23-16/0049:22> »
looks solid, Irish.  And left you a hook in the IC if you wanna take it :)

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #431 on: <02-23-16/0052:13> »
Wednesday morning is when everyone found out about Yelena right?  This would be day 1 of our 10 day downtime?

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #432 on: <02-23-16/0056:13> »
She sent the message to Jed on Thursday...so by our clock, I'm guessing day 2?  yeah, sorry there was some delay happening there with when people found out, sorry  ^^;  I do think some of the finer points we can gloss on for ease of use though, so I wouldn't worry much on it?

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #433 on: <02-23-16/0059:24> »
That may work out just fine.  I was planning on spending Day one learning my new increase Intuition, so I'll just post now going to see Yelena, then maybe I'll bump into Marco and we can IC our plans for the learning and focus making. 

I'm working on a prequel post with Smiles meeting my new talismonger and buying the spells.  I'll end up adding that to a previous post and tagging y'all to go check it out, or I'll just post it reminiscing.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #434 on: <02-23-16/0101:59> »
Sounds good for us.  Looks like it all is naturally fitting together that way without much trying XD awesome.