« Reply #16 on: <02-19-15/1459:29> »
Initiative: 2d6+10=18, 2d6+10=15, 2d6+10=21, 2d6+10=18, 2d6+10=14, 2d6+10=20,
Green 1: 18=>8
Green 2: 15=>5
Green 3: 21=>11
Blue: 18=>8
Red: 14=>4
Yellow: 20=>10

Since they are surprised, they loose 10 from their initative and have no defense for this action phase.

14d6.hits(5)=2, 14d6.hits(5)=6

Green 1: 11 dmg = k.o.
Green 2: 7 dmg = -2 mod

The surprise attack was devastating for two of the three copies. With only 30m distance, the volley wandered from Green 1's exposed neck to Green 2's belly. The last few bullets went harmlessly into the ground in front of Green 3.
All remaining copies went for their holsters and drew their pistols while they took cover (+2 to dodge)

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #17 on: <02-19-15/1822:05> »
Krestov gave a nod, smirking a little at Torrent's comment.  "Consider this my gift then.  That way I can save money, yes?"  He clapped on his helmet and donned his shield, staring right ahead at the four copies of Torvo, pointing directly at the one in red.  "In the reality, I sent you on medvac by accident when you tried to strike me.  This one will not be accident."  Unsure if this would turn into a series of one-on-one....wait, three on one for Slobbertooth's case, man he's got gusto... or a group fight, he advanced ten meters, adopting a defensive stance behind his shield, his Crusader remaining undrawn as he waited on coiled springs for action.  To the others, this was entertainment, but by the snarling expression of the troll, this drek was clearly personal.

Initiative: 8+1d6 14

(Readied action to respond to incoming attack)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <02-20-15/1339:40> »
bnc enters the simulation shortly after she gets invited.
"Sorry, I was busy checking some stuff. I'm with you now, brat.

She follows him through the simulation, sceptical in the beginning, more and more irritated as this goes on. Still, she knows that he believes in this freak show and she would give him this chance.
That is, until some colourful smurfs start shooting at her.

"What the drek?"
She screams and flings herself to the side. For a moment she considers her options: fight honestly, manipulate the simulation itself, or...

She gives him some seconds to unleash hell on the bastard of his past. But just when he released his first volley, she starts crying: "Krestov! Help me! That dude's gonna ex me!"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-21-15/0703:40> »
Green 2 immediately started to move in a evasive pattern towards Slobbertooth (Full defense: Dodge 13).

Green 3 had taken out his Pistol and shot at Slobbertooth 12d6.hits(5)=7
The ork adept tried to evade 13d6.hits(5)=3 but came up short. His armor took the brunt of the damage 21d6.hits(5)=8, but he certainly felt how the program stiffened his lower abdomen (4 damage, -1 penalty. Do you want to spend Edge or go full defense Y/N?)

Blue, Red and Yellow all had gone into cover and readied to dodge (Full defense + Cover = Dodge 17)
(As soon as everyone else has declared their actions, round two will start:
Ini:
Green 2 (wounded): 10+2d6=18
Charge attack on Slobbertooth, afterwards Full Defense
12+2d6=20, 12+2d6=17, 12+2d6=19, 12+2d6=21
Green 3: 20: Shoot at Slobbertooth, afterwards Full Defense
Blue: 17: Shoot at Torrent, afterwards Full Defense
Red: 19: Shoot at Krestov, afterwards Full Defense
Yellow: 21: Shoot at bnc, Shoot at Krestov, afterwards Full Defense
talk think matrix

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #20 on: <02-21-15/1227:45> »
Krestov heard the young girl's voice and immediately went into action, spotting the yellow one within his range.  Giving a nod to bnc, he roared as he moved, his feet pounding on the ground as he closed the gap between him and the yellow.

Running: 9d6t5 5

Shield up between him and the others, he leapt into the air and brought his foot up, bringing it to bear square against the yellow Trovo's chest, foot fully extended to drive the full 800+ pounds of troll force into him.

Kick Attack, Charge, Reach 2: 16d6t5 7 (10P + net hits)

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <02-21-15/1323:30> »
Slobbertooth doesn't go full defense. He dodges. (-5 Initiative = 12. Add Acrobatics to dodge pool. Dodge Dice: 6d6h5 1).

Slobbertooth found his target's decisions to use cover very amusing, and then he was shot. "And to think I was going to be nice and just keep shooting bullets at you." Slobbertooth smoothly shifted his grip from the rifle's trigger to the trigger of the Ares Alpha's grenade launcher. "Now? Now you're fragged!" (Or'zet)

Slobbertooth channeled his spirit guide into himself to steady his hands (Agility Boost [2]: 6d6h5 1). "High explosive." Slobbertooth fired into the mass of targets behind cover. (Grenade Launcher (3): 6d6h5 2. Scatter Direction: 2d6 9. Distance: 3d6-2 4 )
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <02-21-15/2251:02> »
bnc ducks behind the wall, waiting for Krestov to save her and whimpering silently.
"Ivan..."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <02-22-15/1503:17> »
The grenade went slightly of course, but still managed to stay in the required area.

Blue soak against 14 P
18d6.hits(5)=3
K.O.
Red soak against 10 P
18d6.hits(5)=2
8 Stun
Yellow dodge against Krestov:
13d6.hits(5)=2
Yellow soak against 15 S
20d6.hits(5)=8
7 Stun
Yellow soak against 8 P
18d6.hits(5)=4
4 Stun
K.O.
Krestov soak against 8P
28d6.hits(5)=10
No damage

Krestov's kick connected and threw Yellow to the ground. Half a second later the grenade exploded. The pressure wave expanded and threw the three copies to the ground. Krestov's shield took the worst of the brunt and left him unhurt except for a faint ringing in his ears. His enemies weren't so lucky: Only the Red seemed to be still active, but had been thrown to the ground. Blue and Yellow already started to fade.

As parts of the scenery rained down around them the world again just stopped.

The VR Doc turned towards Krestov: "I am sorry to interrupt, but the simulation seems to create a dangerous high level of stress to your friend. This exercise aims to help diminish psychological trauma, not to create it. You may return here at your leisure, but for the moment I mandate a break for all of you. Take some deep breaths, take in the scenery and let yourselves calm down. Recognize this tableau as the safe simulation that it is and let the memory sink in as a victory for you over your past."
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <02-22-15/1547:14> »
Slobbertooth frowned and grouched at the computer. "Boooooo, ruining my fun." Then he turned to look over at the quiet source of noise behind him and saw bnc. "Oh." Then he looked at his gun, and attempted to hide it behind his back like a child caught with a chocolate bar. "Oops."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <02-22-15/2328:09> »
What just happened?
Did I actually fool a system that can read my brain waves?
Did I panick without realizing it?
Did I play my role so well that my physical signals supported my role?
Did I plan to play the fear-struck little girl to provide myself with a self-estimation supporting illusion after I realized my own fear?

bnc hated analyzing herself and finding potential weaknesses. She had a lot of obvious weaknesses, and really had no use for potential ones in addition. What drove her mad was when she realized that she avoided facing her own weaknesses, but in the same moment had to admit that this again, was a weakness (which she wanted to avoid, but failed). This created a never-ending loop, a recursive process of facing her inability of facing her inability of facing her inability of facing her inability (…) to face her weaknesses. This is difficult for anybody, but it kills a programmer. A recursive call of functions without a determined final condition will bind even the most elaborate of programs in a never-ending loop. Yeah, that meant that it was her brilliant, sharp, razor-blade mind that made it even more difficult to solve her problems. And realizing this made it really bad. Just think about how much she will hate the fact that she has difficulties in facing her inability of facing her inability (…) to face the fact that her greatest (only) strength was actually a weakness. A weakness that made her weakness in facing her weaknesses even more difficult. It was terrible, and a very good reason to do everything to avoid facing yourself.

That’s why it took her a moment to react. A good observer might have found the puzzled, almost desperate look in her face, before she distracts herself and focusses on solutions to avoid the never-ending and hopeless loop of encountering herself. Stick to the role, whatever it costs you. You do this for Krestov, and for him you have to endure even the worst: doubt.

She continues sobbing silently, but almost immediately stops as Krestov approaches. She falls into his arms and presses herself against him. “I… I’m sorry that I interrupted this program. It must have been so horrible! Just imagine how your life could have turned out if it weren’t for these racist assholes!” Her fist clenches.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #26 on: <02-23-15/1138:09> »
Krestov stood up after instinctively absorbing the blast of the grenade, turning to the doctor once the simulation had stopped.  Taking a glance, he instinctively knew the source came from that whom he was trying to save.  He gave a nod, letting his shield drop as he slowly approached the frail human girl, embracing her reassuringly as she sobbed and made her outcry.

"not difficult to imagine.  I would be a cop in the most intense of situations.  Just like now, but on the other side of the fence.  Doctor is right: if this hadn't happened, I wouldn't be here now."". He allowed himself a smile as he stood slowly, lifting her to her feet.  "More importantly, you would not be a runner if I hadn't had to leave the country after sending Torvo to critical care.  I am sorry to cause stress.  We do not need continue"". He turned to the others, giving a nod.  "How does it feel knowing your shield could have been working against you?  You can be honest with me"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <02-23-15/1740:38> »
Torrent glances at bnc, his expression troubled.He'd never seen her in a gunfight before.Was a simulation of a fight enough to break her inside?

His eyes then  turn to Krestov who holds the girl tightly.

"If I was you I'd also be grateful to my sergeant.But not for training me.I'd be grateful to him for kicking me out, showing me how the world really works.If you had stayed with KE you would have been  just one more delusional corporate lapdog."

He smiles, but there's no real humor to his voice.

"No, perhaps not a lapdog.A watchdog maybe.A hound even.All the same.If your shield was working against me I'd do my best to put you down, before you got a chance to return the favor."

He shrugs

"Does it really matter?You're  a runner and a straight arrow.I'm glad you're on my team.Got any regrets? I know I don't"

« Last Edit: <02-23-15/1750:10> by Sabato Kuroi »

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <02-23-15/1842:18> »
Slobbertooth shrugs and then deadpans, "I am totally surprised that racism against metahumans has created more enemies for those than would support it than friends."

"Stunned"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <02-24-15/1010:12> »
bnc suppresses a smile. She had done what the simulation could not: Casting a new light on the situation and turning his greatest trauma into what it was: a chance that changed his life.

When Krestov asks how it feels to imagine Krestov had never been her savior, she doesn't respond in words. Instead she looks into his eyes with honest gratefulness, and squeezes his hand. She's glad that he was there this one evening. She's glad he changed her life. She's glad that he can see that this turn in his life was not the worst but the best thing in his life. It doesn't need any words to express it.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"