NEWS

Need help with a Seattle location?

• 5 Replies

Wildfire

• Newb
« on: <02-09-15/1357:13> »
I need a location within the Seattle metroplex that would require a sub basement to have sump pumps or it would flood. It can be quite a way down as its for a hidden lab but need to be at severe risk of flooding.

If it is a location that you be unusual and unexpected even better!

Thanks  :)

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <02-09-15/1403:50> »
Outremer.  Man-made island.  Boom.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

LordGrizzle

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <02-09-15/1406:29> »
Hmmm, why not have it placed near a hot spring geyser that flows right next to the laboratory somewhere in Puyallup. If the pumps go out it's not only flooded but flooded with hot sulphuric death-water  :o

Wildfire

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-09-15/1501:23> »
Nice ideas, thanks will definitely consider them as locations.

I'm going for a slightly different campaign start, the players have been kidnapped and are to be used as guinea pigs in the lab and I'm going to use the rising waters as a spur to drive their escape :)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-09-15/1518:59> »
In the original Seattle Sourcebook (back from 1st Edition), the Shadowtalk comments mentioned that the Seattle Aquarium had a secret medical clinic underneath the aquarium. These comments didn't make it into the Seattle 2072 book but I've been treating them as canon anyway.

In reality, the Seattle Aquarium is built on a pier extending into Elliott Bay. (I also happen to live across the street, so I know it well.) There is an underwater dome for visitors to walk down into to see what's going on in Elliott Bay.

I wouldn't imagine that the clinic would need sump pumps on a regular basis, but for dramatic tension, sure. Maybe the underwater dome is cracked, or leaking, or otherwise threatening to flood the clinic. Or perhaps having a secret, underwater clinic always involves a "severe risk of flooding," even under the best of circumstances.

The Aquarium should meet the "unusual and unexpected" criteria too, I would think. Let us know if that works or if you want more ideas.

Wildfire

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <02-09-15/1620:15> »
That is perfect I can just imagine the look on the players faces when they realise just where they are, if it's bulit over the bay then the lab could have a flooding risk that will make sense.

Thanks now oft to plot some more :)