NEWS

[ooc] Working out way through - London Falling

• 131 Replies

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <02-19-15/0840:21> »
yeah, ditto. happy to move forward as a duo though if we're suddenly a few metas short of a party.
Can't speak for anyone else, but with the two of you going back and forth and the mission itself, I do feel like I've put myself in a game I'd like to play - but with a character I'd like to play in a less serious planning / more pink mohawk game.

My bad for getting caught up while thinking about that. Thoughts?

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <02-19-15/0950:46> »
Not sure what we can do about the mission, I mean game was advertised as being for London Falling after all.  As for the mohawk side, we might still be able to make it work out (I'm a big proponent of the theory that for every pink mohawk team out there, there's a team of trenchcoat-wearing shadowrunners working behind the scenes.) 

On the other hand it is rather early in the run, it might be okay to shift characters so long as you don't mould the character too much using knowledge of the run?   That's kinda up to the GM though.  Also, did I really just type "mould?"   Setting's getting to me.  Also maybe not 100% a problem given there are 4 runs and we only have very basic knowledge on one of them

EDIT: on game topic: Csjarrat, isn't Clapham Common south of the river?  Just south of modern day Battersea Power Station/2070s Angel Tower Arcology?  Guess we'll be meeting in the Squeeze :-P.
« Last Edit: <02-19-15/1006:17> by ProfGast »

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <02-19-15/0957:09> »
I'm not a rules lawyer, and I don't really care how we game (I'n the we all have fun way, not the I don't give a crap way).  So, If you want to magically change who you are, go for it!  I'd like the players to have a blast instead of having to be a character they don't want.  Just change your stats post and we're good from my end.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <02-19-15/1535:42> »
yeah, ditto. happy to move forward as a duo though if we're suddenly a few metas short of a party.
Can't speak for anyone else, but with the two of you going back and forth and the mission itself, I do feel like I've put myself in a game I'd like to play - but with a character I'd like to play in a less serious planning / more pink mohawk game.

My bad for getting caught up while thinking about that. Thoughts?

I've no problem if you want to make a different runner. Nothing wrong with an early ret con. Just remember the leg work phase only lasts so long. Then maybe we can let our freak flags fly? Only time will tell.

EDIT: I'm operating off the assumption that we at least got introduced to each other name-wise prior to talking to Art.  Just basic introductions, no "this is what I do"

Yeah i just assumed we like shook hands said hi I'm Ted and I'm a Shadowrunner, Hi Ted, then Art showed up

PS: I also made a slight tweak. Just realized i didn't take levitate... Gonna get a lot of millage out of that with no legs...
« Last Edit: <02-19-15/1538:49> by Imveros »
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #49 on: <02-19-15/1625:41> »
no idea how it works in the shadowrun lore, but Clapham common was always a bit scummy and full of dive bars, hence the suggestion.
will take your lead on it if that's a bad idea from the lore though, ive not read anything on the uk since 3rd ed
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <02-19-15/1629:33> »
Nah, it's as good a place as any.  Lore-wise south of the river is pretty rough neighborhood but the sourcebooks spend a lot more focus on the Square Mile and immediately around it.  I can't actually see anything about Southside except a brief mention in Conspiracy Theories.  Angel Towers is a sinless arcology (potentially bug infested per fluff) but none of the sources I've skimmed actually say what happened to the various parks and commons.  Besides, it's 2075.  The Gov't has been trying to put the LCZ back on the map since 2074 so we might as well go.

The Lore andHistory of SR is one of my favorite parts but we don't have to let canon prevent us from giving it our own flavor, so long as GM Doesn't have something there….

Edit: Shadows of Europe is actually the most broad entry for London that I've seen out of the 3 sources i've dug up.  Conspiracy Theories is a bit more in depth but the real meat and potatoes is in the actual London Sourcebook, which is a 2052 sourcebook.

London> 2052
Shadows of Europe> 2062
Conspiracy Theories> 2074
« Last Edit: <02-19-15/2131:15> by ProfGast »

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <02-20-15/1110:52> »
Like I said before, I might be the newest on the SR here.  I've read the modern stuff, but it tends to get harder to get the collected lore together.  That makes it both fun, and a pain to find the back story besides what's given.  I would really like some collected back story stuff with a little more details then the Sixth World Almanac.  It's good but is planet scale when I need a city map.

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <02-22-15/0251:43> »
So just trying to keep this alive at least in OOC… since I can't really put stuff in IC until we get a bit more dialogue.

Are we keeping the 3 mouseketeers together or are we looking to have some transformation in the team?  Also anyone know if Citrate is still around?

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #53 on: <02-22-15/0606:40> »
I think he's kinda gone. Hasn't been around for at least a week now.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #54 on: <02-22-15/0609:45> »
ah ok, lets just plod on with who we've got then
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <02-22-15/1655:33> »
ah ok, lets just plod on with who we've got then
Eh. I've been trying to put a character together, and haven't been able to get a feel for it - technically I have it, but missing something. (apologies for holding things up)
« Last Edit: <02-23-15/0426:05> by Novocrane »

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <02-23-15/1545:20> »
It's all good.  So I think the plan is currently relocate, with Mick and Lovelace doing a recon pass of the site on the way (if Mick is down with it).

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #57 on: <02-23-15/1703:18> »
Yep, that's the plan
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <02-23-15/1846:25> »
Ready for some to do their first pass of the building?

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <02-24-15/0044:19> »
Well I'm planning for a basic visual scope out and another basic Matrix side scope out… if needed I can go for the Host from anywhere but being close proximity might tell us a bit more on the security side.  Anyone else have other ideas?