NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1080 on: <04-12-16/1211:59> »
Little John is at a -1 for defending against another attack, but he musters up enough hits to dodge the attack. 

Sister Rebecca took Physical damage from Little John's attack.  I thought that she was at 4P from taking on Achak's damage after the last fight, but she did get some time to rest, which maybe dropped her to 2P.  Honestly, since the char is on the way out, I'm not too keen on going to look.  We'll say 2P, plus the 5P she took would make her at 7P, so only -2 wound mod, which ups her Initiative to 11.  I'll adjust.

Achak did indeed separate Little John from Sister Rebecca by advancing, so she's free to pick up the case and skidaddle.  I'm also going to rule that the narrow hallway-type-thing that Little John is currently in isn't too favorable for attacking with a telescoping staff, so he's taking a -1 mod to his next attack against Achak, which I need a Defense Test for.

BangBangTequila and Zwei are both close with their char sheets, so we should be good to go when we finish up here.  We'll also take this break in the action to discuss some rules stuff, so if there's anything that's been bugging you or that doesn't seem clear, go ahead and post it or just make a mental note.

CT5 IP1
Achak 30
Little John 26
Q1 17
Nori 17
KE 17
Q3 16

Mercer 15
Sentry 10
Sister Rebecca 10

Action to Mercer.  The KE squad car hops a curb and begins a screeching halt near the van.  No officers have emerged at this time.  This will be covered in my next IC.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1081 on: <04-12-16/1454:22> »
Alright, I went back and dug up Sister Rebecca's damage:

2P remaining from healing Achak
1S from botching a drain soak against Raziel
2S splash damage from blowing up Ponytail
5P from getting clubbed by Little John

So that puts her at 3S + 7P for a Wound Modifier of -3. Her initiative should be 11.

Achak will use the Block interrupt action again. Intuition 6 + Reaction 7 + Jazz 1 + Block 6 (8) + Weapon Focus 3 - Reach 1 - Wounds 1: 23d6t5 9 hits, capped at 7 by Accuracy

Blocking costs 5 Initiative.

I doubt anything Mercer says or does will override what Achak tells her to do, so here are her tentative actions:

Sister Rebecca CT5 IP1
Free: Counterspell
Simple: Pick up briefcase
Simple: Observe in Detail / check-in with Raziel re: the sentry
Move: Head toward Sunrise entrance

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1082 on: <04-12-16/2134:58> »

Free: Comm Nori and ask her to deal with the fuzz. Maybe something along the lines of "can you lock the fuzz in their patrol car".

Simple: Open door
Simple: grab Stake (attach sling if I can, otherwise I'll do this in a later action pass)
Move: step out (Vera is on a sling across his lap, so should drop into the slung position)

Next IP:
Simple: ready grenade (pepper punch)
Simple: close door
Free: lock all doors, roll up all windows (all but the drivers door should already be secure anyway)
Move: none

Now, I don't know if I can do some of these things in the allotted actions before the end of the turn (squeezed in to the two IPs above). For instance, opening and closing the door wirelessly may be a free action and thus potentially free up a simple, depending on whether you consider motorized doors standard equipment.
simple: Set grenade to wireless on
simple: take cover from the patrol car

My next actions are to toss and detonate the grenade through the open window (I think I can do that from his current position outside the driver's side door) and move to either shoot a tracker round at the Westwind or place a stealth tag on it, depending on how much movement it would take to walk to the car and then to the building entrance (if I can get into the building in a single CT of movement).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1083 on: <04-13-16/1144:54> »
@Tec, thanks.  Solid plan too.  Achak is able to block another of the ork's attacks.  His resolve seems to be waning, but he's going to try for a barrage of blows to see if he can get past Achak's defenses. 

@Mal, I may be a little confused.  So Mercer has a sniper rifle slung at his waist, an assault rifle with underbarrel grenade launcher also slung, and a grenade in his hand?  Yikes!  I'll say that opening and closing the doors can be a free action, but depending on how you want to go, I'm not sure if it will save you much on action economy.  Grabbing the Ares Alpha is a Simple, but slinging it will be a Simple action as well.  Also, if you want to both lock doors/roll up windows, and close the door in the same pass, one of those actions will need to be upgraded into a Simple.  Mercer should be able to get to the front door by the end of this CT.

CT5 IP1
Achak 30
Little John 26
Q1 17
Nori 17
KE 17
Q3 16
Mercer 15
Sentry 10
Sister Rebecca 10

CT5 IP2
Little John 16
Achak 15
Q1 7
Nori 7
KE 7
Q3 6
Mercer 5

Nori will be trying to shut down the fuzz, Little John will try to whack Achak again, and the KE will exit their patrol car, guns drawn, screaming at Mercer to put up his hands and drop to his knees.

Once I get a Defense test from Tec, I'll put an IC up.  Achak will be at -1 for the second attack.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1084 on: <04-13-16/1250:15> »
Achak will use the Block Parry interrupt.

Intuition 6 + Reaction 7 + Jazz 1 + Block 6 (8) + Weapon Focus 3 - Reach 1 - Wounds 1 - Second Defense 1: 22d6t5 6 hits

That costs 5 Initiative, leaving Achak with 10.

From an Initiative economy standpoint, can Achak pre-emptively use his remaining Initiative to Parry again? The rules are a bit grey on if you can use Block/Parry in advance (rather than at the exact moment of the attack). It seems reasonable that Achak has 10 Initiative left and should be able to use Parry. If it means forgoing the remaining actions of his IP2, that's fine.

Sister Rebecca should be at Initiative 1 for CT5 IP2.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1085 on: <04-13-16/1331:56> »
While seated in the van, Vera was resting in his lap where he'd placed it after firing (ooh! warm), slung on his shoulder. It could simply be hanging off his shoulder between the seats if that works better for you. The point is that it is attached to him and so follows him from the car with no requirement to pick it up (though I can see him having to manage it to keep it from banging on things, but I'm not sure the rules deal with the action cost of thats so it's up to you). Stake (and Yoki, for that matter) is on the floor within arm's reach of the driver's seat where Mercer is sitting. He's grabbing that, then opening the door and leaving the vehicle. Once outside, he'll hold Stake in one hand and ready the grenade with the other. As he's ambidextrous, it doesn't matter which hand he uses for which or which shoulder he slings each gun to (so long as they are on opposite shoulders) when he gets around to finally slinging Stake to a shoulder.

It looks like his actions for this IP are just as listed - text Nori, grab stake, open door (I changed the order because it seemed more natural), and exit the vehicle. I see the confusion - Vera is across his lap, but the sling is over his shoulder, but it could be read as the sling is across his lap which would be a confusing place to have it.

Mercer can get to the front door by the end of the CT even if he swings by the Westwind first? Or if he skips the Westwind and heads straight there? It may not matter. I was thinking I'd have until the end of the CT before KE became a threat, but if he has to deal with them this IP, then his whole plan is probably going to change.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1086 on: <04-13-16/1623:36> »
@Tec, glancing hit.  No damage.  I knew I should've given him Elemental Weapon (Electricity).  I'll say that you can pre-emptively use Parry for next pass.  Little John continues to fall back toward the office with the broken out windows, so if Achak wants to attack again, he'll need to give chase.  I'll correct with Sister Rebecca included in Initiative order below.

@Mal, works for me.

@All, I've got a tasting tomorrow, and the wife is heading out of town, so things are still crazy down here.  I know I haven't been posting as much as usual, but I hope to resume my regularly scheduled rate sometime next week, but it may be the week after.  I'll try to still get at least one a day in, but it's been tricky.  Thanks for sticking with me.

If anybody wants to throw in an IC, feel free and don't wait on me.  You've got the broad strokes.  If you'd rather wait, that is also fine.

CT5 IP2
Little John 16
Achak 5
Q1 7
Nori 7
KE 7
Q3 6
Mercer 5
Sister Rebecca 1

Action to Achak.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1087 on: <04-13-16/1732:19> »
Achak will backpedal toward Sister Rebecca. If it's clear that Little John is disengaging (which Achak is too) and Achak will be out of charging distance (i.e. won't need to Parry) then he'll switch weapons.

Achak CT5 IP2
Free: Run toward exit
Simple: Holster Club
Simple: Ready Weapon (Ares Crusader)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1088 on: <04-21-16/1257:37> »
Who's court is the ball in at the moment? Are we continuing in initiative order?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1089 on: <04-21-16/1658:49> »
Next action is to Mercer at Initiative Score 5.  Then we're ready for another round of Initiative.  It feels like things may be winding down inside the offices proper, but we'll see what happens outside.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1090 on: <04-21-16/2029:03> »
Ah, I thought that them getting out of the vehicle was their last pass and that Nori and them had another action before my turn.

Move: Get inside door and out of their line of fire (gonna have to pass on tossing the grenade through the window)
Free (downgraded from Simple due to gear access): Ready grenade (pepper punch)
Simple: Set it to wireless on (motion sensor detonation)
Simple: Set the grenade against the closed door such that it will move (and detonate) if the door is opened

If I still have any move left, I'd like to move further inside the building (out of the grenade's "blast").

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1091 on: <04-21-16/2036:01> »
Wait, that won't work as I need to open and close the door (for some reason I was thinking of going through doors as part of the move action).

I'm going to have to:
Move: to the door
Free: Command the van door to close
Simple: Open building door (presumably it closes on its own)
Move: enter building as far as I can go or to stairs
Simple: command van to move to the back of the building.

Does the building door open inward or outward?

Also, note to self, I need to teach the pilot of the van a "lock down" command that closes and locks all doors and rolls up all windows so I don't have to waste so many actions on this in the future.
« Last Edit: <04-21-16/2039:21> by Malevolence »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1092 on: <04-22-16/2016:37> »
Also, note to self, I need to teach the pilot of the van a "lock down" command that closes and locks all doors and rolls up all windows so I don't have to waste so many actions on this in the future.

I think Mercer would have already thought of this.  Make it so.

The door to the building opens outward. 

Mercer not following KE's instructions results in them shooting at him.  Is Mercer convinced enough that they're illusions that he doesn't dodge?  Oh, if only I had the action economy for Suppressive Fire. 

If you would, give us an IC post that leads up to the KE opening fire.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1093 on: <04-23-16/0116:31> »
I'm going to guess that no, he's not convinced enough that they're illusions, but he doesn't have the initiative to dodge. If you'll allow it, he can trade out the simple of moving the van to the back of the building and instead use it for a take cover action which is him basically hunkering down as he moves from the van to the building. He's not actually taking cover (until he enters the building) but reducing his profile and if there is anything between him and the building, doing his best to keep it between him and the KE.

Otherwise, he'll just have to suck it up as his best bet is to get to the building or hop back in the van, not stand out in the open, dodging. He really doesn't want to shoot at them as he'd rather deal with them non-lethally and not in public, making getting back in the van counterproductive.

I'll write this up in IC tomorrow.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #1094 on: <04-25-16/1158:41> »
Hey guys! Your fancy new mage reporting in. My sheet is tentatively done, I'll post it up presently.

Ta-da!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByQXY6JwCD0gWXJLaWxoWm9BSWM/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: <04-25-16/1302:45> by bangbangtequila »