NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1020 on: <03-09-16/1449:01> »
Attachking with club: Agility 5 + Clubs 6 + Spec 2 + Weapon Focus 3: 16d5t5 3 hits

Damnit, Knucks nicked all my hits.

Again, hoping to keep whittling away at the defender's dice pool via sequential attacks. With luck Achak will go first next round and keep the pressure up.

Speaking of next round, some initiative rolls for CT3.

Achak: Initiative: 5d6+14 27, oh man dice have gone cold on me. That's a 10th percentile roll.

Sister Rebecca: Initiative - Wounds 1: 2d6+7 14, straight down the middle average

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1021 on: <03-09-16/1454:47> »
Achak connects with 1 Net Hit.  I'm going to go roll a shit-ton of dice for Initiative.  If you get to it before I get back, will you give me base damage on the Gunstock War Club?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1022 on: <03-09-16/1500:22> »
How unexpected.

Base is 9P -2AP, although the AP might not matter since it's a weapon focus.

I neglected to mention the club's Reach 1, which would reduce the defense pool by 1 as well (unless the spirit has Reach too). Or perhaps you already took it into account.

I'll do an IC post after lunch.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1023 on: <03-09-16/1519:12> »
Thanks!

I did not take reach into account.  I'll know for next time.  Dropping dice from the end does not drop a hit, so it still gets 2 out of 9 (8) dice.  Sub-par but not terribly unlikely.

AP does not matter, as the spirit doesn't have "armor," just immunity to normal weapons.

Achak clocks it a good one.  Another hit like that will probably put it down.

CT3 IP1
Achak 27
Gavin 23
Blood Spirit 18
Q2 18
Q1 16
(New Addition!) 16
Nori 15
Q3 15
Sister Rebecca 14
Q4 11

That's a pretty full field.  And you've already geeked 3 chummers. 

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1024 on: <03-09-16/1534:04> »
Jazz-fueled BEATINGS: Agility 5 + Clubs 6 + Spec 2 + Weapon Focus 3: 16d6t5 5 hits

If the spirit survives and attacks Achak, he will likely use the Block interrupt.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1025 on: <03-09-16/1549:30> »
Another hit, and the spirit is disrupted.  Jazz is a helluva drug.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1026 on: <03-09-16/2046:44> »
Initiative CT3: 3d6+9 19 - Doesn't beat Gavin, but hopefully I still have a chance at him.

Simple: Ready Vera
Simple: Fire

With no aiming and no called shot, this could be tricky. Hope Orokos likes me today:
Shooting the decker [Longarms 6 + Agility 9 + Smartlink 2 - moving vehicle 2 - Sharpshooter 1]: 14d6t5 4
I might edge reroll if Gavin gets a defense roll (he should be unaware) and/or if I get any additional penalties for conditions that would lose a hit. So here's the roll just in case, but if I get to keep 4 hits against an unaware target, we won't be doing it.

Edge Reroll: 10d6t5 3

Hmm, 7 hits on 24 dice - below average, but not terri-bad.

Anyway, 15P + net hits AP -8. It should make short work of any barriers, so I imagine most of that would get through.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1027 on: <03-11-16/1126:28> »
CT3 IP1
Achak 27
Gavin 23

Mercer 19
Blood Spirit 18 (Disrupted)
Q2 18
Q1 16
(New Addition!) 16
Nori 15
Q3 15
Sister Rebecca 14
Q4 11

Ok, for a roll like the one I'm about to make, I think I need full GM disclosure.  Gavin has spent the last few passes making Matrix Perception checks.  He spotted Sister Rebecca, as well as her HE grenades, which Poindexter has been running Wireless On: Running Silent.  With a MARK on Sister Rebecca's commlink he can use Control Device to pop one of those grenades sitting across her back.  Such is the danger of the Wireless link. 

Luckily, Gavin is specced out for Electronic Warfare mostly for counter-surveillance and communications, so he's not really decked out for this particular roll.
Make Becca's Grenade go Boom: 10d6t5 3

Nori's INT (5) and Becca's Firewall (7) will be used for the defense roll = 12 dice.  Will someone make that roll for me?

After the grenade either goes boom, or doesn't, action to Mercer.  Should the grenade not go boom, it's Becca who would get the MARK on Gavin, correct?

Should the grenade go boom, Sister Rebecca needs to soak 16P -2AP.  Achak will need to soak 8P -2AP

Also, I'm leaving town here in a few hours.  I'll be back late on Monday, so I will probably not be posting again until Tuesday morning.

ETA: bangbangtequila will be joining our game.  He's writing up his elven Irish mage.  Zwei is going to play a drone rigger.  I've agreed to gift him a deck, since riggers are so cash poor anyway, and he'll mostly be using it just for matrix support and overwatch. 
« Last Edit: <03-11-16/1149:04> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1028 on: <03-11-16/1353:40> »
Seems reasonable. The question then becomes how much do we want to metagame the results. For example, since we OOCly know the severity of the situation, it would make sense to roll Edge if necessary. On the other hand, given that Sister Rebecca is now an NPC does it make sense to let it happen for the sake of the story?

The roll: Nori's INT (5) + Becca's Firewall (7): 12d6t5 5 hits

Safely defended in this case. Achak appreciates it, as he's built for dodging, not soaking. Odds are he would only soak 3 boxes, maybe 5 with Edge, leaving him anywhere from 3P to 5P. Plus if Sister Rebecca goes, so does her spirit, at which point things start to go downhill very quickly.

Welcome to Zweiblumen and bangbangtequila, if they are reading this.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1029 on: <03-11-16/1443:26> »
Ahoy ahoy!

Re the mark. Target only gets a mark for failed HotF actions. Failed control device simply fails.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1030 on: <03-11-16/1526:30> »
Ahoy ahoy!

Re the mark. Target only gets a mark for failed HotF actions. Failed control device simply fails.

It's any Sleaze action. Page 231.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1031 on: <03-11-16/1738:51> »
Learn something new every day!
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1032 on: <03-15-16/1130:45> »
With no aiming and no called shot, this could be tricky. Hope Orokos likes me today:
Shooting the decker [Longarms 6 + Agility 9 + Smartlink 2 - moving vehicle 2 - Sharpshooter 1]: 14d6t5 4
I might edge reroll if Gavin gets a defense roll (he should be unaware) and/or if I get any additional penalties for conditions that would lose a hit. So here's the roll just in case, but if I get to keep 4 hits against an unaware target, we won't be doing it.

How is Mercer firing?  He's driving right up to the office so Gavin is directly in front of him.  Leaning over the side with a sniper rifle will cost him 2 more dice, and some cover should there be any return fire.  Shooting through the windshield is an option, but then you've shot through the windshield, and are probably having to maneuver yourself to the Attacker Firing from Cover Using an Imaging Device penalty (3).  The AM-47 is a beast of a rifle.

Even the -3 would only cost Mercer a Hit, and Gavin doesn't get a Defense Test -- being in hotsim is bad like that.  He does get his cover bonus, but that don't cut it, so Mercer catches him slumped over in his desk and feels fairly confident at having put him down.

Seems reasonable. The question then becomes how much do we want to metagame the results. For example, since we OOCly know the severity of the situation, it would make sense to roll Edge if necessary. On the other hand, given that Sister Rebecca is now an NPC does it make sense to let it happen for the sake of the story?

I'll always give a PC a chance to Edge in a situation like this, but if you run around with grenades Wirelessly enabled it's bound to happen at some point.  We'll say that Sister Rebecca can use Edge when a PC can. 

CT3 IP1
Achak 27
Gavin 23
Blood Spirit 18
(Disrupted)
Q2 18
Q1 16
(New Addition!) 16
Nori 15
Q3 15
Sister Rebecca 14
Q4 11

I'll get an IC up, and then action to Sister Rebecca.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1033 on: <03-15-16/1330:36> »
I wasn't aware where Gavin was exactly so I didn't know if I'd be shooting straight ahead or at an angle, but Mercer will take the two dice penalty. Since the target is unaware (not getting a defense test), he's comfortable with the 3 hits he keeps, so he'll pass on the Edge test. So, Mercer is leaning out the window and shooting left handed (steadying with his right - ambidexterity for the win!), giving up some cover to return fire.

Is Nori in AR, Cold-Sim, or Hot-Sim? Mercer is concerned about spirits materializing (or vamps de-misting) on his six if there are no eyes there. Not sure what to do about it unless he can quickly check his six (not an Observe in Detail, just a glance in the rear-view mirror or through internal cameras) as a free action.

Also, for record keeping, the AM-47 is at 15/18 rounds.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1034 on: <03-15-16/1343:31> »
Nori is in cold-sim VR right now.  With Gavin out of the picture she could come back to herself this IP.  Her plan is to start tagging links over the team's AR display, but that process can be time-consuming so shoot her a message if she should come out of VR.

Mercer needs to Soak the Ball Lightning that just came his way.  He's facing 9P(e) -6AP.  Any non-con applies. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal