NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #990 on: <02-29-16/1604:48> »
Away from books at the moment. Does the Called Shot (Vitals) imply a single shot or a can it apply to burst fire too? I'm wondering for tracking ammo and recoil.

Nothing in the book restricts them to single shots that I could find.  So 3 round bursts then?

Assuming a 3 round burst, Ponytail spent another point of Edge and tied with Achak's last attack.

I almost feel bad for Ponytail. He seems like he has some background. Anyone else feel bad about their lovingly crafted NPCs getting whacked, especially in ambushes when they have no chance to fight back? I know I do, which is why I stopped lovingly crafting them.

They get more lovingly crafted the more IPs they survive these days.   ;)
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #991 on: <02-29-16/1911:13> »
Oh Edge.

Achak will comm: <<Target still up. Re-engaging.>>

Looks like we'll be initiativing again.
Initiative: 5d6+14 36

That's the highest initiative score I've ever had in 23 years.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #992 on: <03-01-16/0005:26> »
Initiative: 3d6+9 17

That's actually not a particularly bad roll (only about 2.5 points below average), but it still seems lackluster as a follow on to Tec's initiative...
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #993 on: <03-01-16/1217:13> »
CT2 IP1
Achak 36
Nori 21
Ponytail 18
Mercer 17
Q1 15
Gavin 14
Surviving Guy out Front 13

The rest of the group will likely be added in on IP2, assuming they'll survive the -10 for coming in late.

Let's get an IC up for Achak and Mercer.

@Tec, you're up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #994 on: <03-01-16/1325:20> »
Free: Called Shot
Simple: BF
Simple: comming, since I already used the Free on the called shot

I have RC 6 so this will take me up to my limit.

Agility 5 + Automatics 6 + Smartlink 1 + Sharpshooter 2 - Called Shot 4: 10d6t5 7 hits, dice are back on

Accuracy is 8 with both smartlink and personalized grip, so all hits count.

It occurs to me that I don't know if the range is Short (5 meters) or Medium (15 meters). -1 hit if it's Medium.

I'll IC post this afternoon.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #995 on: <03-01-16/1410:38> »
It occurs to me that I don't know if the range is Short (5 meters) or Medium (15 meters). -1 hit if it's Medium.

I'll IC post this afternoon.

I thought you were rocking Image Mag.  He's about 8 meters away, so 6 hits.

Ponytail is going to smartly go Full Defense and dodges successfully.

Realized I forgot about Sister Rebecca in Initiative order.  She gets 14 - 1 (Wound Mods) for 13.

The GM's dice stay hot for Nori, who spends another point of Edge -- her last -- and she gets another MARK on Gavin.

Since I chortled coffee through my nose this a.m. thinking again about Tec's LotR's joke -- even if he mixed the names up a little -- Achak gets a point of Edge back. 

Action to Mercer

Action to Sister Rebecca.  What's the plan for her?

CT2 IP1
Achak 36
Nori 21
Mercer 17
Q1 15
Gavin 14
Sister Rebecca 13
Ponytail 8
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #996 on: <03-01-16/2049:44> »
Sister Rebecca
I haven't used heavy weapons much. Let me know if this makes sense or if I'm missing something semi-obvious.

Simple: Open Door
Simple: Fire Grenade
Free: Send signal to wirelessly detonate

Hmm, I see Poindexter skimped on skill points here. Let's hope that she can hit a threshold of 3.

Agility 8 + Heavy Weapons 1 + Spec 2 + Smartlink 1 - Wounds 1: 11d6t5 4 hits

Alright, so much for Achak's soft approach. Let's see what that accomplishes.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #997 on: <03-02-16/1131:17> »
Sister Rebecca eats 2S from the blast.  She is currently at 2S/2P on her respective damage tracks.

Ponytail is in pieces.  His briefcase didn't fare too well either, though it's kind of intact in that it has a handle and stuff kinda inside of it still.

All the glass at the front end of the office is now broken, and a good deal of it is laying out in the hallway.  Any Sneaking tests over the broken glass will suffer a -4 penalty, though Traceless Walk will negate this penalty. 

Achak and Sister Rebecca are at a -2 for Hearing based Perception tests due to the blast in the confined hallway.  If anyone had Sound Dampers, that would negate this penalty, but I don't think that's the case. 

Gavin spent his pass going Hot-sim VR. 

CT2 IP1
Achak 36
Nori 21

Uh-Oh 19 - 10
Mercer 17
Q1 15
Gavin 21

Sister Rebecca 13
Ponytail 8 (Geeked)

Action to Mercer.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #998 on: <03-02-16/1727:30> »
Second verse, same as the first:
Aim and shoot, Called Shot: Vitals
Snipe the bad guy [Agility 9 + Longarms 6 + Smartlink 2 + Sharpshooter 2 - Called Shot 4]: 15d6t5 4
Again, spare die in case I don't need any vision enhancements to negate environmental penalties.
Extra die: 1d6t5 1
Ooh! It makes a difference this time!

I'll get an IC up tonight - I'm not able to do them from work anymore and last night I had a late night visiting friends from out of town.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #999 on: <03-02-16/1732:12> »
If Sister Rebecca wanted to use the monofilament chainsaw on her grenade launcher, would she be defaulting (to the Exotic Weapon Skill that she doesn't have)?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1000 on: <03-03-16/1206:19> »
@Mal, to my understanding, if image mods negate visual penalties they are always active, and don't need a Take Aim action to work.  The exception to this is Image Mag, which requires a Take Aim action, but I'm not sure that you don't get the other Take Aim bonuses in addition.  Unless someone wants to correct me, you get the extra hit.

The surviving guy will also go Full Defense, reducing his Initiative by 10.  Alas, it's not enough, and he's pasted as well.

@Tec, yes, Sister Rebecca would be Defaulting with her use of the Chainsaw. 

CT2 IP1
Achak 36
Nori 21
Uh-Oh 19 - 10
Mercer 17
Q1 15
Gavin 21
Sister Rebecca 13
Surviving Guy out Front 3 (Geeked)
Ponytail 8
(Geeked)

After Mercer's last shot, but before IP2 begins, Mercer hears some chanting from within the office.  It's not a language that he's ever heard before.

CT2 IP2
Achak 26
Nori 11
Gavin 11
Uh-Oh 9 (Held)
Mercer 7
Q4 7
Q3 7
Q1 5
Q2 4
Sister Rebecca 3

Action to Achak.

GM dice have gone cold on me today, so have fun.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1001 on: <03-03-16/1253:09> »
You are right, the only vision mod that requires the Take Aim action is any sort of Vision Mag (including weapon mods like scopes in addition to cyber-eye or vision device mods). We are well within the first range increment for Vera, so no need. However, if you do spend your Take Aim to gain the benefit of Vision Mag, you do not get the normal Take Aim bonus. Again, not relevant here, but for future reference.

My next action will depend on whether I have any information that might allow me a good shot into the offices - i.e. if Nori has been able to tag someone (*cough* Gavin *cough*) in there or if the grenade blew out any of the windows providing me a view into the offices, etc. If so, I'll pick a target and shoot, otherwise I'll have the van get us closer to the action so that Mercer can cover an exit or enter the building, depending on how things unfold.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1002 on: <03-03-16/1358:12> »
When Nori's turn comes, she tries to perform Trace Icon, but will fail.  Like I said, my dice have gone cold on me today.  Except for rolling Initiative for whatever reason.  The windows in the offices are still intact. 

Thanks for the clarification on Vision Mag.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1003 on: <03-03-16/1540:27> »
If Ponytail was 8 meters away does that mean the Sunrise office door is also 8ish meters away?

Achak's walking rate is 10 meters/turn, or 20 meters/turn for jogging. He has 4 IPs, so 5 meters/IP for jogging. If I start moving on IP2 then I'm guessing I can get to what remains of the Sunrise door on IP3. Is that correct? If so:

Free: Jog/Combat Hustle
Simple: Observe in Detail, including the hallway behind him
Simple: Shoot if I see something, if not then comm Sister Rebecca for update/instructions

Specifically, Achak will be:
1) asking for an update on Raziel
2) instructing Sister Rebecca to follow him

I'll use Visual Perception since Achak's ears are ringing: Intuition 6 + Perception 6 + Visual Enhancement 3: 15d6t5 7 hits, so many hits. I'd say it's a disappointment that this didn't come on an attack roll but even when I rolled 7 hits the other guy managed to dodge.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1004 on: <03-04-16/1547:42> »
@Tec, 5 meters will get Achak this IP will put him to where he can look through the now-broken glass windows before the office door.  The nearest doors to the conference room are also glass and broken.  The far doors are still intact, and through them Achak can see the ork who was outside.  My nearest guesstimate would put him at 24 meters away.  With Achak's superb Perception roll, he'll also be able to make out some figures just within line-of-sight of the door to the director's office.  One is unmistakably Ikyro, and dead.  The other is a young (mid 20s) Caucasian female, in a business suit who is in the process of drawing a pistol.

Sister Rebecca will respond that Raziel is clouding the mind of the patrol guard.

Achak's Magic Sense gives off new tingles, as if a new player has entered the arena.

« Last Edit: <03-04-16/1558:01> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal