NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #975 on: <02-12-16/2202:41> »
Actually, if we're going to do the Chuck&Charge, Mercer has to keep a Free action open to kick it off (verbal "go") as well as a Free action in order to make the SUT test. Can I get two Free actions since they are pretty much the same thing? Otherwise I have to convert a simple to a free, leaving only a simple.

In either case, he'll defer to Achak as the spotter for the timing of the maneuver, so he'll delay shooting until Achak gives the go ahead, then he'll call for the Combat Maneuver, then take his shot. The combat maneuver requires that we all go at the same time, so we both have to wait for Becca anyway.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #976 on: <02-15-16/1045:47> »
Mercer is poised to "lead" on the chuck and charge maneuver, but doing so is really Achak's call.  Sister Rebecca has consistently deferred to the men in the group, and she'll especially defer to a Christian male.  So, Tec, do you want to go with nades, or not?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #977 on: <02-15-16/1448:27> »
Achak isn't the high-explosive type. He's the sneaky, traceless walk type.

He wants what's in the case. Armored or not, he doesn't want to blow it up with a high-explosive grenade.

He acknowledges that they are at a numerical disadvantage and that a surprise grenade attack could go a long way to even the odds.

If they go with a grenade attack, there are two approaches:
1) do it now before ponytail can see what's coming
2) do it after ponytail steps into the elevator, which could produce a chunky-salsa effect (although that puts the case at greater risk too)

That said, Achak's instinct is to let the man step in the hallway so that Achak can try to snipe him. If ponytail drops, great, maybe they'll stay undetected (physically, if not in the Matrix) for a few moments longer. If Achak misses or doesn't finish the job, Sister Rebecca can drop the hammer.

Someone remind me: did Sister Rebecca turn wireless off, or did she reboot? Is she back online? If she's wireless off, she might have to fire a preemptive grenade, as she won't be able to control the detonation as effectively without wireless.

Assuming she has some wireless control, Achak's sequence of events is:
IP1: exit room closet and move toward break room
IP2: recall Fly-Spy (simple? complex?), comm directions to Sister Rebecca
IP3: comm more directions if he didn't manage to say everything he intended to, another Observe in Detail if nothing else has developed

I realize that this leaves the decker a couple turns to get frisky and/or raise a general alarm. If that happens, we adapt and adjust accordingly.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #978 on: <02-15-16/1740:33> »
Sister Rebecca rebooted, so she should be online now.

I believe it's a Simple Action to command a drone.

Since the landscape has changed some, I'd like to get another round of Sneaking tests for Achak and Sister Rebecca.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #979 on: <02-15-16/2322:41> »
As a reminder, Achak has Traceless Walk, and I believe Achak and Sister Rebecca are still benefiting from the Concealment power of Sister Rebecca's spirit.

Achak sneaky sneak: Agility 5 + Sneaking 6 + Urban 2 + Catlike 2: 15d6t5 6 hits

Poindexter hasn't been around for the better part of a week so I'll take the liberty of rolling for Sister Rebecca: Agility 8 + Sneaking 2: 10d6t5 3 hits

Second IP: Achak will tell Sister Rebecca to wait for his signal
Third IP: Achak will tell Sister Rebecca to have the air spirit watch their backs / intercept the man on patrol

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #980 on: <02-22-16/1305:34> »
CT1 IP1
Achak 30
Mercer 23
Nori 20
Becca 16
Gavin 12

CT1 IP2
Achak 20
Mercer 13
Nori 10
Becca 6
Gavin 2

Mercer has taken aim.
Nori, thanks to a nice pre-edge, has put a MARK on the decker.
Achak has taken cover behind the break room doorway and readied his weapon.
Becca is waiting in the closet for instructions.

Tec has already said that Achak will be issuing commands to the drone and Sister Rebecca on this pass.
Ponytail will be opening the door this pass, and begin to move through it next pass.
Mal, any actions for Mercer this pass besides Take Aims?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #981 on: <02-22-16/1702:07> »
Yeah, Mercer is going to use Leadership to Rally.

Rally! [Leadership 5 + Charisma 6]: 11d6t5 2, so everybody (but Mercer)gets a +1 to their initiative, gaining an extra pass for Achak and Nori.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #982 on: <02-22-16/1720:45> »
Yeah, Mercer is going to use Leadership to Rally.

Rally! [Leadership 5 + Charisma 6]: 11d6t5 2, so everybody (but Mercer)gets a +1 to their initiative, gaining an extra pass for Achak and Nori.

Good call, Mal.  You're going to lose the Take Aim bonuses, but those extra passes will surely come in handy.

Adjusted Initiative order below.

CT1 IP2
Achak 21
Mercer 13
Nori 11
Becca 6
Gavin 2
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #983 on: <02-24-16/0110:21> »
I guess it's to me, although I'm still following the pre-stated plan.

IP1: Move and comm, <<Getting into position. On my mark.>>
IP2: Spending extra actions to comm additional directions. <<Sister, have [spirit name here] address the guard on patrol. Wait for my signal.>>
IP3: Holding action until possibly shooting, should ponytail emerge. Called shot: Bull's Eye Burst, mostly because machine pistols don't hit that hard so I need to make sure I negate as much armor as possible.
IP4: Observe in detail (if necessary) to judge the effects of the shot, potentially either shooting again and/or signalling Sister Rebecca to lay an egg on the bloke

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #984 on: <02-24-16/1042:17> »
I got a message from Poindexter. He's dropping out of his games.  If y'all are still into it, I say we forge ahead, plan for bringing on two more players after this sequence is over, and team play Becca until that point. 

Back to the game, Ponytail will exit the door at the beginning of IP3, so Tec, go ahead and give me a shooting roll.  If he's going to comm Mercer with a "Now," command, I'll also take a shooting action from Mal, if that's the plan.  Sister Rebecca will be holding with the grenade launcher, ready to burst through the door and lay one down on command.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #985 on: <02-24-16/2052:19> »
Not as many dice for this one as usual. Specialization doesn't apply and of course the Called Shot knocks off some more dice.

Agility 5 + Automatics 6 + Smartlink 1 + Sharpshooter 2 - Called Shot 4: 10d6t5 4 hits, a reasonable result, under the circumstances

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #986 on: <02-26-16/1144:17> »
@Mal, will Mercer be taking a shot?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #987 on: <02-26-16/1413:19> »
Yes, aim and shoot.

Snipe the bad guy [Agility 9 + Longarms 6 + Smartlink 2 - Called Shot 2]: 15d6t5 4
Abysmal, but we'll see. The called shot is Vitals. So he's looking at 17P + net hits, AP -8. And I should have broken out Sharpshooter and Called Shot, so it should be Sharpshooter +2 and Called Shot -4, but I merged them, so if you are wondering why Called Shot is only -2, yes. I'm not sure if I get an extra die for aiming since I might need to burn that aim action on using my vision enhancements to drop penalties. I'll roll it separately here:
Extra die: 1d6t5 0
Makes no difference anyway.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #988 on: <02-29-16/1213:38> »
@Tec, ok, so more weirdness with Bulls Eye Double Tap: the Crusader II doesn't have any AP, so there's no AP to multiply according to the errata.  I'm not terribly in love with the errata here, though I understand why this particular Called Shot needed to be nerfed a bit.  Until I figure something out, do you want to go with Called Shot: Vitals, and increase the DV by 2?

Interesting thing with the stealth checks here.  No way Achak was going to be seen.  Sister Rebecca getting 3 hits is more likely, but she's behind a closed door.  I made the Perception Test for Ponytail hearing based, and imposed an additional 2 hit threshold that he'd need to beat in order to sense her presence, making the total 5.  Even with the Concealment power, he made a mighty attempt with 4 successes, but it was not to be.  Assuming Called Shot:Vitals, that stacks Achak's attack to 13P AP-4.  He Edges his soak roll, and stays standing, but he's looking like he's in rough shape.

Mercer straight up turns one of the guy's out front's head into a canoe. 

Nori frags up her next attempt at getting a MARK, and now has a MARK on her.

This brings us to:

CT1 IP4
Achak 1
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #989 on: <02-29-16/1548:06> »
Hmm, yes, good point about the Bull's Eye Burst and the lack of AP on the Crusader.

Away from books at the moment. Does the Called Shot (Vitals) imply a single shot or a can it apply to burst fire too? I'm wondering for tracking ammo and recoil.

I'll take a Simple to aim, both for the +1 and also to reset recoil if I have any, and then another Simple to shoot. If I have enough time to assess the results, I'll update the team with a Free action comm at the end.

Agility 5 + Automatics 6 + Smartlink 1 + Aim 1 + Sharpshooter 2 - Called Shot 4: 11d6t5 1 hit, ut, dice finally went cold

He's wounded and maybe can't dodge that well but I'd still like to put this one down sooner than later. No telling what he could do with an IP.

Edge reroll: 10d6t5 4 hits

So 5 hits total. 7P + Called Shot + Net Hits, -4AP.

1 of 3 Edge remaining.

I almost feel bad for Ponytail. He seems like he has some background. Anyone else feel bad about their lovingly crafted NPCs getting whacked, especially in ambushes when they have no chance to fight back? I know I do, which is why I stopped lovingly crafting them.