NEWS

Advice on finding a PbP game suited to my circumstances?

• 2 Replies

ST (haydnshaw)

• Newb
  • Let's blow some drek up.
« on: <11-20-14/1912:35> »
Basically I'm not available during Monday-Friday or Sunday, as such, I can only play games on a Saturday, and this isn't something I can negotiate.

I also want to play a game being run with 5E rules, I have been GMing with that rulesystem for my local group, and because people have moved away, or are busy working or just not able to be available, I want to form a play-by-email game so that they can have a consistent roleplaying activity every week. But first I want to just have that experience of being a part of a PbP or PbE game and also to take a backseat to GMing and have someone else learn and apply the rules so I can learn from what they are doing.

I'm somewhat averse to VOIP programs, at the moment I'm suffering with some IRL stuff and I don't want that to come across in my voice.
I know the basic concept for my character, and I will probably design my character too. I don't really care about my character's backstory because the whole purpose is to learn what rules are applied and how they are applied in regular gameplay.

As for being evaluated as a player I don't really care for that either, if that stuff's important to you then I don't want to know, I'm just interested in playing the game. I know I'm a great guy and a good RPer but I thought I would answer that up front, make of it what you will.
Speech Thought Matrix/Comm Astral Subvocal Foreign Language

I change my display name a bit so my username is in brackets.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-20-14/2009:30> »
you could always try to form a live game and then use a text chat system. In a skype game i was in a few weeks ago one of our players had no mic and just typed everything into the chat log. If you are a fast typist i would say that's your best bet!

That is of course assuming you have a chunk of time to spend on Saturdays
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #2 on: <11-25-14/0553:40> »
tbh mate, the demand for PBP slots far outstrips supply. if you want to play in a pbp, best bet is to start one up or keep an eye out for recruitment threads on here or the PBP board
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor