[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1950 on: <05-10-15/1416:58> »
Ohanzee will Clout #2:
Clout F6 [Magic 6 + Spellcasting 5 + Focus 2 - Wounds 1]: 12d6t5 5
Resist Drain [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 2]: 14d6t5 5 - Drain code is F-3, so he resists all 3 drain.

Diamondback will pursue the fleeing one. I'm a little unclear on this - the book says that the target will flee until it is out of the creature's (in this case, spirit's) sight or the duration elapses. It makes no mention of whether being attacked stops that. So, by RAW, we get free shots on the fleeing target for two full combat turns and there's nothing he can do about it. That's awesome for us, but pretty sucktastic for those caught on the receiving end. So, I'll mention up front that I'm fine with being attacked breaking the effect if you rule that way (like MMO crowd control) - taking someone out of a fight for a couple turns is powerful enough, making them utterly defenseless (aside from Full Defense) might be OP. In either case, here's Diamondback's attack.
Diamondback's Astral Combat [WIL 6 + AC 6]: 12d6t5 6
Damage is (Net Hits + Force 6)P
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1951 on: <05-11-15/0305:16> »
The effects of Fear will be handles on a case-by-case basis. Targets will still defend themselves and potentially counterattack if cornered. Yes, Fear is very powerful, much like everything else spirits do.

Diamondback + Ohanzee
Now, an interesting question, how does Full Defense come into play when a target might be unaware? Does going on Full Defense inherently reduce the possibility of being caught unaware? Arbitrarily, I am going to roll Running + Cover + Full Defense + Counterspelling, but not Reaction + Intuition.

#3 spell defense: 6 hits, it manages to jam the mana enough to deflect the spell

Second question, does Full Defense apply to astral combat? It's never mentioned in that context, but you could make an argument that a technique which adds Willpower might indeed apply on that astral. But for now I'm going to say it doesn't.

#3 astral defense: 2 hits

Base damage is 6P, staged up to 10P with net hits. Next question, is the damage Stun or Physical? It's the attacker's choice. Normally I would presume Physical, but Clout is a Stun spell so perhaps not. I'll roll as if for Physical and Malevolence can confirm.

#3 soak: 2 hits
#3 takes 8P. Ouch.

Next
Ace @ 4
Sam @ 1
IC posts for Sam and Ohanzee/Diamondback. You might want to use some Free Actions to communicate.

Ace can see Sam defending against #2 and blocking a blow aimed at his face, so he has a pretty good idea where #2 is. He still can't see him, but we'll call it a -2 penalty instead of -6 for Blind Fire.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1952 on: <05-11-15/1108:08> »
Ace can see Sam defending against #2 and blocking a blow aimed at his face, so he has a pretty good idea where #2 is. He still can't see him, but we'll call it a -2 penalty instead of -6 for Blind Fire.

Ace's last attack was against No. 2, right?  So, he is in melee combat with him/her at present?  If so, he's going to try to wrap up the creature's legs, aiding Sam for his next attack.

Melee Teamwork Test +1 friend in combat: 14d6t5 7

Creature will resist with Intuition, and net hits are a dice pool mod for Sam's attack.

ETA: Actions:
Complex: Melee Teamwork
Free: Comm team
« Last Edit: <05-11-15/1109:49> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1953 on: <05-11-15/1247:11> »
#2 defending against teamwork: 0 hits

Next
Sam @ 1 with 7 extra dice for melee against #2

CT2 IP3
Ohanzee @ 4
Diamondback @ 4

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1954 on: <05-11-15/1438:37> »
I think that Full Defense would apply to Astral Combat, if you want to roll up the extra dice for his defense. The RAW says it applies to "incoming attacks", and like you say, Willpower is a very Astral stat.

Diamondback is doing Physical damage. The only reason Ohanzee is doing Stun is because Clout is all he's got that is ranged single target, aside from shooting, which Ohanzee is at peace with the fact that the gun is mostly for show.

As for Ohanzee's and Diamondback's last actions for CT2, I'll say "play it again, Sam".

Ohanzee will us his Free action to update the AROs, so no Centering.
Clout F6 [Magic 6 + Spellcasting 5 + Focus 2 - Wounds 1]: 12d6t5 4
Resist Drain [WIL 6 + CHA 6]: 12d6t5 6

Diamondback's Astral Combat [WIL 6 + AC 6]: 12d6t5 3

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1955 on: <05-11-15/1521:31> »
Very well, we can make a new precedent that Full Defense applies to Astral Combat as well.

#3 adding Full Defense for CT2 IP2: 3 hits

Damage on #3 is now 5P.

CT2 IP3
#3 now has a wound modifier and has spent all its Counterspelling, but is no longer unaware. With bonuses from running and tree cover, it will be hard to hit with an single-target indirect spell. There's always Fireball, and it is Imbolc... Katsina would approve.

#3 dodging Clout: 6 hits
#3 astral defense: 6 hits

That sucker is bobbing and weaving between the trees as it runs for its life.

Question: should I be dropping dice for "defended against previous attack" for defending against Clout? For defending against Astral Combat? Either way there will be enough hits to beat or tie Ohanzee's 4, but who is to say.

Next
CT2 IP2: Sam @ 1
IC posts from everyone
CT3 IP1 - Malevolence go ahead and roll again. The situation with #3 is largely unchanged from CT2 IP3.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1956 on: <05-11-15/1535:18> »
Ohanzee is actually attacking #2 while Diamondback is attacking #3. He did that last round as well, but we'll keep thing as they have gone and just make that distinction going forward. I missed that the first time as well.
« Last Edit: <05-11-15/1536:55> by Malevolence »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1957 on: <05-11-15/1544:06> »
Takin a lil bitta liberty with the IC since i technically rolled unarmed and described it as clubs, but my pool for both skills is the same, so i figured "fuggit". I hope that's cool.

OOC actions will be:

Free: drop the rifle (in sling)
Complex: unarmed attack the beast.

Cave in skull of second beast (Agi 9 + Unarmed 3 + Teamwork 7): 19d6t5 7

I'm gonna assume that's a killshot and IC it as such. 11P base. Just in case it aint enough to "Kill" kill him, I'll leave it vague enough that he might just be maimed.

« Last Edit: <05-11-15/1549:48> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1958 on: <05-11-15/1639:23> »
@Malevolence
You are correct. I totally missed that you had designated #2 as the target For Ohanzee. Well, at least this way it keeps the possibility of friendly fire to a minimum.

@Poindexter
No objections to any of the IC liberties.

This result is probably going to be gross.
Sam bonus for attacking a large target: 1 hit, so now 8 hits total (limit 11)
#2 defense: 1 hit
Base damage is 11P, staged up to 18P with net hits.
#2 soak: 6 hits
Net damage is 12P, combined with previously sustained 9P for a total of 21P. Splorch.
#2 is down face-first in the snow, bleeding profusely from a massive brain hemorrhage. Between the blood / burned fur / imprints in the snow, Ace and Sam can tell where #1 and #2 are.

CT3 IP1
Everyone can take an IP worth of actions. #3 gives no indication of turning around or stopping.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1959 on: <05-11-15/2031:12> »
Initiative: 3d6+10 18
Diamondback Initiative (Astral): 3d6+12 20

Ohanzee actions
Simple: Update AROs
Free: Comm Team
Move: To the nearest downed creature
Simple: Observe in Detail (the downed creature)

Diamondback actions:
Complex: Diamondback's Astral Combat [WIL 6 + AC 6]: 12d6t5 3
Should be an easy dodge for the flee-er.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1960 on: <05-12-15/0041:59> »
#3 astral defense: 2 hits - 1 hit (rolled too many dice) = 1 hit, and that's why we roll the dice, boys.
Base damage is 6P, staged up to 8P with the net hits.
#3 soaking: 1 hit, owsies
#3 takes 7P + 5P existing = 12P
Shockingly, #3 is still on its feet and continuing to run. It's almost admirable.

Ace and Sam can fire at #3 if they choose. If so, you're looking at a -3 modifier due to combined environmental effects. (It would basically be -6 without Ohanzee's ARO.)

Ohanzee can't get all the way to the nearest downed creature this IP. If he's walking, it will take 2 full CTs. If he's running, 1 full CT.

Observing in Detail, Ohanzee sees that both #1 and #2 are still alive. #1 is unconscious but not actively dying. #2's lifeforce is fading, not regenerating, and will likely be dead within minutes.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1961 on: <05-12-15/1302:01> »
Initiative: 8+2d6 19

Ace will take aim with his Lancer at the ARO and fire a single shot.

Simple: Take Aim
Simple: Fire
Free: Held

I'm taking: 9 (AGI) + 8 (Laser w/spec) +2 (smartlink) -3 (Visibility mods) = 16

Lancer v. fleeing creature: 16d6t5 6

Glad I didn't pre-edge that.  6 hits, but not a single 6 rolled. 

Base damage is 7P -10AP 8/10 power cells left

ETA: forgot Take Aim and Large Target: Large Target + Take Aim: 2d6t5 0

ETA2: the downed creatures are still invisible, correct, but we can see where they are from environmental signs?
« Last Edit: <05-12-15/1305:05> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1962 on: <05-12-15/1329:26> »
You're basically firing in the direction of Ohanzee's ARO, which is enough to get you in the vicinity.

Large target is a +2 bonus, not +1, so I rolled 1 extra for you: Large target +1: 1d6t5 0 hits

#3 dodge: 3 hits, not great

Base damage is 7P. Per Run & Gun, medium range reduces the DV by 1, and the Medium Fog reduces DV by 2 more. DV is staged up by 3 for net hits, bringing us back to 7P.

#3 soak: 3 hits

#3 takes an additional 4P, bringing it up to 15P.

It's down. Combat complete, we'll drop out of initiative.

Next
IC post from Ace for his shot
Open RP

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1963 on: <05-12-15/1332:13> »
2 CTs is fine. He'll mosey.

ETA: And we're out of initiative. I'll update the team on their status and update the AROs in IC, but until I get to that, assume their status is common knowledge.

ETA2: I'll wait for Ace to IC his kill before my IC, and change Ohanzee's destination to where Ace and Sam are standing.
« Last Edit: <05-12-15/1824:33> by Malevolence »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1964 on: <05-13-15/1402:05> »
Wow, great timing :) and nice IC's everyone.  I'm back from Russia, wrapping things up here at the old job.  Start a new one on Monday.  I expect to be super busy on Monday, but still able to post at least once a day.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal