NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1935 on: <05-07-15/1833:50> »
You'll act before either of them do. Go ahead and roll.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1936 on: <05-07-15/1850:59> »
Initiative: 8+2d6 14

Can Ace tell where the other one is well enough to make an attack?  If not, then he'll do this:
Simple: Observe in Detail
Simple: Held
Free: Circle around to where Sam is fighting in an aggressive manner (The thing might not know that Ace can't see it, and that could be to Sam's advantage)

If Ace can attack, then he'll do this:
Complex: Charge the beast.  Not taking Large Target bonus, to reflect earlier understanding, but I am taking +2 Charge and +2 Touch Only attack, which makes a dice pool of 17.  Charge a Critter: 17d6t5 7 Hitting Physical Limit.
Free: Held.

Boy, I hope I can keep that roll.

OOC, I'm playing this like Ace has no idea what he's up against.  If we're playing it that bandersnatches regenerate, and some other chars know that, they should let Ace know.  Otherwise, once they go down, he's just going to move on to the next one.

ETA: forgot to make perception roll. Perception, visual, specifically looking: 12d6t5 4
« Last Edit: <05-07-15/2001:26> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1937 on: <05-07-15/1938:56> »
OOC, I'm playing this like Ace has no idea what he's up against.  If we're playing it that bandersnatches regenerate, and some other chars know that, they should let Ace know.  Otherwise, once they go down, he's just going to move on to the next one.

OOC, i have no idea what we're up against. I just know they're big, hairy, and clawed.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1938 on: <05-07-15/2134:25> »
IC post finally up. I'm just having back to back to back busy days and my daughter got strep, so that was a morning wasted at the doctor's office and getting the prescription filled. I've finally got a couple hours to get things caught up, so there'll be a flurry of posts from me, then probably nothing until tomorrow.

Initiative for CT2:
Ohanzee:
Initiative: 3d6+11 24
Daaaamn!

Diamondback:
Diamondback Initiative (Astral): 3d6+12 24
Heh, twinsies.

Simple: I'm going to command the spirit to help us fight
Free: Suggest that he start with the one that attacked me.
Simple: Can't think of anything good to do with this.
Move: Get to some defensible position, probably closer to the others, though not close enough to be fireball bait.

Diamondback:
Diamondback's Fear [WIL 6 + MAG 6]: 12d6t5 2
Wish I could use my old roll...
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1939 on: <05-07-15/2159:10> »
Ohanzee and Diamondback are first.

A good use of Ohanzee's second simple action would be to update the AROs indicating the location of the targets. I'll presume that's what he does.

There's no need to reroll Fear. Nothing changed and the first roll is still valid. We'll use the 6 hits.

#3 Resist Fear: 4 hits

#3 uses its Free Action to bug out.

Next
Sam
Ace / #2 / #3

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1940 on: <05-07-15/2343:14> »
@Tec, that last IC post. Damn.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1941 on: <05-08-15/0235:30> »
I'm not quite sure which part you're alluding too, but I'm glad you found it (multiple choice) disgusting / amusing / literary.

Separately, I was playing Shadowrun Chronicles just now and ran into a player who was using the name Tecumseh. Tec is my GM name, never used for PCs, but I spent several seconds wondering how I could be online from another account. It was weird seeing my name but not have it be me. I've been using Tecumseh for almost 20 years now, starting with the Shadowrun MUSH back in 1995-6.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1942 on: <05-09-15/1250:51> »
Can Sam see the fleeing one?
If not, what's the penalty for firing at it based on the ARO alone?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1943 on: <05-09-15/1546:55> »
Sam cannot see the fleeing one; the negative penalties wipe out his Perception pool.

The ARO is not being auto-updated; Ohanzee has to update it manually, since the position of the ARO is based on something (Ohanzee's astral sight) that his equipment can't reference.

It's basically a -6 Blind Fire situation.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1944 on: <05-09-15/1742:48> »
I'm not sure whose turn it is, but when Sam's rolls around, he'll do just that.

Take down the one retreating (Agi 9 + Longarms 3 + spec 2 - blindfire 6): 8d6t5 1

It's something.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1945 on: <05-09-15/2325:57> »
Adding two dice to hit the large target: +2 to hit large target: 2d6t5 0 hits, snake-eyes

The fleeing target is unaware and doesn't get a regular defense test but it does get defense dice from running and tree cover.

Cover + Running: 2 hits, shots go wide

Next, Ace, #2, and #3 all act simultaneously.
#2 is attacking Sam.
Ace attacks #2.
#3, per its Fear, will use its Complex Action to Sprint and go on Full Defense.

Ace's attack
I presume Ace is using his shock hand since rednblack took the bonus for Touch Only.
#2 dodge: 3 hits
Ace connects with 4 net hits. Damage stages up to 13S(e).
#2 soak: 4 hits
#2 takes 9S. Zing!

#2's attack
Meanwhile, #2 is plenty pissed at Sam and is trying to claw his eyeballs out.
#2 attacking Sam: 6 hits, yup seriously pissed

Next
@Poindexter, you get to dodge 6 hits. Having already spent edge for a defense roll against this attacker, I'll say that you can roll defense as normal (without having to spend more Edge).
Evil GM wonders if #2 making contact with Sam while Ace shocks #2 means that Sam should be shocked as well. Hmm!
After that, we're in CT2. Ohanzee + Diamondback, then Ace + Sam.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1946 on: <05-10-15/0307:31> »
@Poindexter, you get to dodge 6 hits. Having already spent edge for a defense roll against this attacker, I'll say that you can roll defense as normal (without having to spend more Edge).

I'm gonna lose 5 off my initiative count and use the block option to add my unarmed skill to the defense...

Defend again (Rea 6 + Int 3 + unarmed 3): 12d6t5 6

YES!

hit, but not damaged, right?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1947 on: <05-10-15/0320:39> »
Correct. Nice work. Feel free to IC post about the missed shot and successfully deflecting the claws going for your eyeballs.

CT2 IP2
Ohanzee 14
Diamondback 14
Ace 4
Sam 1

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1948 on: <05-10-15/0450:05> »
The ARO is not being auto-updated; Ohanzee has to update it manually, since the position of the ARO is based on something (Ohanzee's astral sight) that his equipment can't reference.

Whoops. I just realized this means my IC post about sensing the attack incoming via the ARO makes no sense. I will edit soon.

EDIT: Double whoops! That also means Sam had no way of knowing that fucker he shot at was trying to escape (which was the reason he shot at it.) Whaddaya wanna do here, Tec?
« Last Edit: <05-10-15/0459:05> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1949 on: <05-10-15/1027:03> »
It would have been blind fire either way - whether the target had been stationary or fleeing - so the dice and the result are the same. You could say Sam shot at the last known position of #3, and so missed.