NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1875 on: <04-23-15/1651:46> »
I'll take over Chino to keep things moving.  If anyone else is excited by the prospect of running him, I will happily bow out, but if not, I should be able to keep to my normal posting schedule and keep up with him as well.

Hopefully, 8-bit will return soon.  I know he'll still be welcome at the "table" that I'm GMing.  More than anything, I hope that he's ok.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1876 on: <04-23-15/1652:54> »
Hopefully, 8-bit will return soon.  I know he'll still be welcome at the "table" that I'm GMing.  More than anything, I hope that he's ok.

I hope he's ok as well. But I hope people are cancelling plans on him without telling him.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1877 on: <04-24-15/0337:39> »
I hope he is all right as well. In my first PbP game I had a player post regularly for 24 months only to disappear overnight and never be heard from again. I had his real name and e-mail address so I tried to track him down, but to no avail. Obviously distressing when it's so sudden following such a long period of consistency.

In the meantime, a new IC post is up. I NPC'd Chino just to move things to the next stop. He's currently having a lapse. Rednblack, you can continue it or you can have him shake out of it as you like it.

Doc asked about a satellite link but I didn't want to just assume that you would buy one. You're at the store and can certainly do so, but the final call goes to Ace and Sam. I believe, as a team, you have ¥2,420 left collectively. I didn't price the satellite link at ¥420 just because I like round numbers. The base price is ¥500 but communications and electronic equipment are 20% off in the PCC, per Native American Nations, Volume I.

As a reminder, I am traveling a good portion of the day tomorrow. I'll have Internet access but might not be able to post extensively until Sunday.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1878 on: <04-24-15/1242:38> »
Sorry for the barebones post, but I'm just trying to keep things moving.

In other news, Tecumseh, I really enjoy the NERPS you've been including in the game.  Have you picked some of these up from source books, or are they all of your invention? 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1879 on: <04-24-15/1411:44> »
I made up most of the chip flavors, although I borrowed some ideas from a list of the saltiest foods in America. Also, the 1st Edition Seattle Sourcebook included mock-up advertisements for Seattle businesses. One of them was for The Big Rhino, a popular restaurant for orks and trolls. The ad featured a photo of a metal plate with four different types of olives, half a dozen raw chili peppers, and a small snake across the top. For whatever reason that image stuck with me over the years and informed some of the flavors. There's also a small inside joke for me: Anchovies & Olives is a popular Seattle restaurant.

The previous batch of NERPS - for the Apex in Defiance - was largely pulled from the 4th Edition Quick-Start Rules, which featured a version of Food Fight. It includes a map of a Stuffer Shack and a listing of what's on each aisle.

Separately, in my home game, two of the most successful sessions I've ever run (with completely different groups of players) were just RP trips to the Stuffer Shack. No food fight, no gangers breaking in, just RP. For whatever reason both groups just ate it up. If I were to redo (or add to) the 20 Questions, a good candidate would be: "You're in a Stuffer Shack. What does your character do/buy?"

I'll leave the IC alone for a couple days to let people jump in if they want to.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1880 on: <04-27-15/0330:36> »
Pushed things along. Rednblack, you have Chino now, for real this time. Open RP, all.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1881 on: <04-27-15/1234:49> »
Survival Roll (Int 4 + Ganglia 1 + Survival 2 = 7): 7d6t5 4

Guessing Doc knows what to do here?

Also, should he be acting more erratically as well?  Given how bad his infection is?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1882 on: <04-27-15/1336:39> »
What does Ace and Chino know to do?

Ace: Survival: 5d6t5 1
Forgot Ares Survivalist: +1 Ares Survivalist: 1d6t5 0

Chino: Survival: 7d6t5 2

ETA: maybe for the planning the campground stage, we should make this a team test?
« Last Edit: <04-27-15/1338:24> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1883 on: <04-27-15/1449:56> »
Normally I would call for a teamwork test but Doc has enough successes on his own that it's not really necessary to add any more. Doc knows how to build ice caves, igloos, and the like. He also knows not to build fires under trees (the rising heat melts the snow and ice, which then falls on your head) and not to let the exhaust pipe of the van to get blocked with slow, lest you kill yourselves with carbon monoxide. And so on. Go ahead and RP your expertise.

@Zweiblumen: Survival is linked to Willpower, not Intuition. However, Doc's Willpower is the same rating as his Intuition+Ganglia, so the end result is the same.

Doc does not have to act erratically. As I stated earlier, Chino does not have to continue acting erratically either. Feel free to do so if you think it makes for interesting RP, or just keep doing what you're doing.

OOCly, one of the possibilites of CFD is that you can have multiple strains of nanites fighting for control. Eventually, one strain wins out and the personality is more established with less variability. Perhaps Chino is still in the "nanites battling for control" stage while Doc has progressed beyond that and is in his final form. Or not. It's up to you, as I didn't want to put myself in a position where I was bossing people around about their RP.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1884 on: <04-28-15/1345:21> »
@Zweiblumen: Survival is linked to Willpower, not Intuition. However, Doc's Willpower is the same rating as his Intuition+Ganglia, so the end result is the same.
Opps!  #allswellthatendswell
Doc does not have to act erratically. As I stated earlier, Chino does not have to continue acting erratically either. Feel free to do so if you think it makes for interesting RP, or just keep doing what you're doing.

OOCly, one of the possibilites of CFD is that you can have multiple strains of nanites fighting for control. Eventually, one strain wins out and the personality is more established with less variability. Perhaps Chino is still in the "nanites battling for control" stage while Doc has progressed beyond that and is in his final form. Or not. It's up to you, as I didn't want to put myself in a position where I was bossing people around about their RP.

Cool, that works for me.  I had more or less ruled out CFD due to not having any active personality changes.  Threw in some RP on that front.

Also, I'm going to the airport at 4:30 GMT-7 tomorrow morning.  I'll be traveling until 9:30am GMT+3 the next day (18 hours of travel as I go from SFO to DME)  I'll be traveling around Moscow and St. Petersburg for the next 11 days.  I think I'll be able to keep up a decent amount of posting, but I'll definitely communicate if/when I'm going to be more absent than usual.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1885 on: <04-28-15/1558:19> »
I'm traveling for work this Thursday and Friday. I should be online in the evenings but the days might be busier than usual.

Doc keeps an eye on Chino as well.
Medicine Roll for CFD (Med 5 + Log 9 = 14): 14d6t5 7

7 hits is good. With that, Doc can come to the IC conclusions of what was said OOCly (namely, Chino's erratic behavior is connected to nanite activity). Doc might have a theory that the nanites are struggling for control, but he doesn't have any way of testing that to be certain.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1886 on: <04-28-15/2112:35> »
Just stopping by to mention that I've been swamped at work and home so I haven't been able to post any IC. Ohanzee will likely assist with a spirit if he can use an earth spirit to dig or a water spirit to shape ice. Depends on how far we can stretch the spirit's role in the shamanic tradition.

Also, I think that the neutral background of the van is a better option for the astral photograph than the forest where some aura might stand out and provide a means to locate us from the photo.

I'll get to an IC as soon as I can (same for your campaign, Poindexter).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1887 on: <04-28-15/2127:05> »
Thanks for checking in.

The rules would probably say that digging up earth or shaping ice are Manipulation activities and thus in the realm of Spirits of Man (for a shaman). Given that these activities are largely for RP, and that I've already said I'm not terribly strict about the roles and responsibilities of spirits, I see no reason why they couldn't assist.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1888 on: <04-29-15/1830:08> »
Sorry yall.

I'm still here and all, but I'm just kinda at a loss for an IC post. I'll get over it soon, fear not.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1889 on: <04-30-15/0103:49> »
Just finished my weekly game. No post from me tonight because I have to be awake at 5am to catch an early flight, so it's off to bed now. I should be able to post tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Register