NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1635 on: <03-03-15/1442:38> »
All of Doc's cyber is on running silently, his deck is "off" as it's being repaired.

Visual Perception check (Perception 3 + INT 4 + Ganglia 1 + VE 1 = 9): 9d6t5 2
The low roll I'm gonna say represents his distraction from working on the deck.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1636 on: <03-03-15/1533:45> »
I'm going to update my IC then. Ohanzee is asleep, unless Sam or Chino bring up the plan discussed in the bloody van, so no perception roll (which is no loss considering his low starting pool and high wound modifier). All of h is gear is turned off so he can sleep (and everyone he'd want to hear from is within vocal range), but normally he'd have his trodes, commlink, and camera on and slaved to Doc. He never runs the gun wireless on (no smartlink, so no reason to).

UPDATE: I'm leaving my commlink and trodes on and having Ohanzee pass out before he has the opportunity to turn them off. It fits better with the story. The camera was not left on (I assume it was activated to make sure it works, etc, but that's about it).
« Last Edit: <03-03-15/1610:23> by Malevolence »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1637 on: <03-03-15/1702:21> »
Perception: 13d6t5 2

Took Specifically Looking as Ace would be listed up to watch the rear. Not a great roll.

Broadcasting the Josh Adams SIN on the Ikon.

Everything else is wireless off.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1638 on: <03-03-15/1705:58> »
At the moment, ALL sams gear is turned off, and he is trying to sleep. Weather or not he's succeeding, I still kinda feel like he dun get a perception check.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1639 on: <03-03-15/1746:00> »
Sam would still get a hearing check if he's not asleep yet. Actually, he would get a roll even if he were asleep, but with a negative modifier.

Ace doesn't see anything out the back. Best he can tell, you're not being followed.

Katsina/Ivana spots a done flying in the skies above.

Katsina/Ivana local area knowledge skill check: 4 hits

IC in progress.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1640 on: <03-03-15/1822:04> »
Sam would still get a hearing check if he's not asleep yet. Actually, he would get a roll even if he were asleep, but with a negative modifier.

Perception check (Int 3 Per 3): 6d6t5 3
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1641 on: <03-03-15/1849:02> »
Sam can hear Doc and Katsina are saying, plus the tinkering of Doc's tools on his cyberdeck. Sam doesn't notice anything else out of the ordinary, other than how smooth and quiet the Eurovan is. For a moment it's possible to pretend that you aren't being hunted down like horned bears.

8-bit

« Reply #1642 on: <03-04-15/0050:46> »
My apologies for being absent these past 2 days. Catching up now.

First:

Those who have nanites in their system will find themselves craving beer; the more nanites, the more you want a beer. That said, the more nanites you have in your system, the less of a buzz you get. As a general reminder of nanite levels:

Doc = 10
Chino = 6
Sam/Ohanzee = 2-3
Ace = <1
Katsina = 0

Currently, only Ace can get a buzz from beer, which might be a clue as to what the nanites are doing.

I wasn't aware we all had nanites. I thought it was just Doc who was overloading. OOC, does this happen to be the malady we assensed? It's fine if you don't answer that, just some conjecture, since the numbers seem to match.

Everyone please roll Perception, unless your character is asleep. Use whichever dice pool is best for your PC.

Also, please inform me what, if any, of your equipment is 1) on, 2) using wireless, and 3) running silent.

I'm going to go with the guess that since Chino is driving, he isn't Astrally perceiving due to having to focus on the road.

Visual Perception - Perception (4) + Intuition (4): 8d6t5 4 [3, 1, 5, 6, 4, 2, 5, 6]

Audio Perception - Intuition (4) + Perception (4) + Audio Enhancement (3): 11d6t5 3 [4, 6, 1, 3, 3, 2, 5, 5, 1, 2, 4]

Okay, whatever Orokos. That makes sense.

Gear:
Renraku Sensei 'link - Running Silent
Earbuds - Running Silent
Bug Scanner - Wireless Off
Anything else with Wireless - Wireless Off

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1643 on: <03-04-15/0134:49> »
I wasn't aware we all had nanites. I thought it was just Doc who was overloading. OOC, does this happen to be the malady we assensed?

Yes, correct. This is the "non-biological viral entity" that Chino, Ohanzee, and Katsina have all assensed. Doc has referred to them as "nanites" three times, and Katsina and Ohanzee have used the term too, so Chino likely would have made the connection ICly.

Visual Perception - Perception (4) + Intuition (4): 8d6t5 4 [3, 1, 5, 6, 4, 2, 5, 6]

Looking out the windshield, Chino can see the same drone that Katsina can. Chino knows more about drones than Katsina does (Vehicles knowledge skill) and identifies it as a Cyberspace Designs Dalmatian. From the book:

Cyberspace Designs Dalmatian
This large and robust VTOL recon drone is capable of hovering and has a sturdy frame for its light weight. It is about the size of a lawn mower when stored, and when deployed is the size of a large hang glider. Lone Star and Knight Errant have both licensed the design for urban surveillance and patrol duties.

In other words, Katsina's theory that it is a traffic drone is plausible.

This whole concept of driver's licenses and vehicle registrations is a little fuzzy for Chino, who is more familiar with how things work in Denver. In Denver, the authorities are generally much more concerned with your work visa or your travel pass; there are just too many people of varying nationalities running around to wonder if they are properly licensed to drive in their home territory, so such matters are usually swept under the rug. But out here in PCC proper? Maybe they do care about the details.

8-bit

« Reply #1644 on: <03-04-15/0141:08> »
I wasn't aware we all had nanites. I thought it was just Doc who was overloading. OOC, does this happen to be the malady we assensed?

Yes, correct. This is the "non-biological viral entity" that Chino, Ohanzee, and Katsina have all assensed. Doc has referred to them as "nanites" three times, and Katsina and Ohanzee have used the term too, so Chino likely would have made the connection ICly.

Well, I guess I'm a little dense. Oops.

I thought we just noticed that Doc had an overload, not that we verified that our malady were nanites. In fact, our last discussion in the Bulldog (before it's bleaching), seemed to indicate that Ohanzee was still concerned and unsure of what our mysterious ailment was.

Quote from: Ohanzee
And if we can get some help with our mystery affliction, all the better.

Still, I guess it's out now.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1645 on: <03-04-15/0254:10> »
We know that it is non-biological and non-magical, so by process of elimination, we are assuming nanites. We have not experimentally verified that yet, so our basis (non-biological/magical) could prove wrong or it could be another non-nanite option that fits the parameters..

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1646 on: <03-04-15/0927:43> »
Doc has identified his symptoms as suffering from some form of over-abundance of 'hard nanites' and we deduced that all of 'blue' team had at least some amount while 'red' little to none.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1647 on: <03-04-15/1518:12> »
Mal: Is Ohanzee broadcasting the SIN he rented the van with?

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1648 on: <03-04-15/1557:01> »
Yes, he passed out before he could disable his gear.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1649 on: <03-04-15/1601:54> »
Cool, so if it *is* just a patrol drone, they'll see your SIN which will match the registry of the Van and Ace's SIN both of which both should be clean... we hope ;)

* Zweiblumen crosses his fingers :P