NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1620 on: <02-27-15/1723:36> »
Consider, however, that blood is but her dietary requirement. She still needs Essence. It only drops one point per month so long as she doesn't tax her powers, but still, at some point she needs a live meal.

But, yes, they sound like the good guys. APBs rap sheet is probably her foiling some corrupt official/executive nefarious plan and paying the price for doing the Right Thing®.

Ace may or may not have worked for Ares - he may have been undercover there but working for another party. And despite what Ace says, we haven't seen any evidence that his loyalties changed prior to his amnesia. He came to Aspen looking for someone - an unknown female operative, possibly Ares but possibly for whatever third party he may have worked for. Not Katsina, since Katsina was sent to look for him, or at least someone that looked a lot like him - there may be a whole squad of Ace clones for all we know. So maybe APB, but like Ace points out IC, it doesn't really fit, but it can't necessarily be ruled out. To my knowledge, he has not shared the dossier that was attached to the message he shared with the group, so we don't have much information to go on.

We don't know how recently Katsina became a vampire. It may have happened after coming to Aspen for all we know. Likely not relevant.

The more I learn about Ace and what he was doing, the less certain I am that Ace switched loyalties before losing his memory.  Combining the teams, however that happened, could very well have been the best bet for him to get the artifact to, what in his pre-amnesiac's self view would be, the right hands.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1621 on: <02-27-15/1724:37> »
Unless you all want to draw dicks on Ohanzee's face while he's passed out. Could be role playing gold...

Katsina has the Artisan skill. Her specialization is carving though.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1622 on: <02-27-15/1843:36> »
Unless you all want to draw dicks on Ohanzee's face while he's passed out. Could be role playing gold...

Katsina has the Artisan skill. Her specialization is carving though.

Perfect!  Doc will take pics and post them on the matrix :)
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1623 on: <03-01-15/2316:02> »
Posting to keep things moving, and to represent the relatively short amount of time between the shopping district and your meeting point. Conversations can continue in the Eurovan (involving everyone) or can switch to comms if you want to keep things private from certain parties.

Katsina/Ivana casting Magic Fingers @ F4:
Magic 6 + Spellcasting 6 + Mentor Spirit 2 - 1 Wounds: 5 hits, limit 4
Soaking 2 Drain: 4 hits

She's going to use this for splashing bleach around the Bulldog.

Feel free to post anything you want about the cleaning, but if not you can just continue your conversations in the Eurovan.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1624 on: <03-02-15/0024:05> »
Everyone would know that while Doc is working on his deck, he can't be online using... no snooping on conversations this time.

Given that, he's going to be spending most of the ride working on the deck, only occasionally joining conversations if they are brought up and relevant to him.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1625 on: <03-02-15/0259:19> »
Ohanzee will let Sam take the lead so that he can set the expectation for what he's willing to share outside of Chino and Ohanzee - like the contents of/intent for the burner phones. Ohanzee's still not sold on the burner phone idea, so he's going to see what the others say before he comments since his words might carry undue weight.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1626 on: <03-02-15/1939:34> »
I just had a rather chilling OOC thought.

I think Sam might be SUPER important to the plot of this story. My only reason for believing this is that the more I look at this guy, the more I realize how not only, unkillable he is, but how utterly unstoppable and even unslowdowable this freakin character is. I've also got INSANELY high matrix defenses, due to high stats in just the right places and the baddest ass commlink money can buy.

The reason this is a chilling thought is cause I strongly suspect that out of the whole group of players here, I have the LEAST idea what the hell is going on.

;D ;D ;D
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1627 on: <03-02-15/1949:27> »
Someone post something ICly or I'm going to have Ace sobbing and drinking alone while driving to Defiance.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1628 on: <03-02-15/2000:31> »
Sorry, busy day.  On my way home, will get an IC post up once I get home. Doc will happily drink with ace.

And poindexter, I think you've a better idea than I do.  I'm still completely clueless about these nanites :(

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1629 on: <03-02-15/2013:47> »
Someone post something ICly or I'm going to have Ace sobbing and drinking alone while driving to Defiance.

Sam is enjoying the quiet so much, he's probably not going to talk or even turn his gear back on until after he wakes up IN defiance.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1630 on: <03-02-15/2317:02> »
I hope making the drive to Defiance uneventful didn't step on any surprises we were to face. If so, I can always edit out the last paragraph with us arriving and the first sentence making the claim.

It looked from people's IC and OOC posts that there wasn't going to be any dialog, so I just kept it quiet. Presumably we'll hash out our plans once we're settled in the safehouse. As I understand it, we have a working plan to propose to the rest of the group, but I (IC and OOC) am not clear on the purpose of using the burners to alert random people (and our multiple pursuers) to the situation (and our future whereabouts). So I need Sam to chime in with clarification before Ohanzee feels comfortable representing the plan they all worked out.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1631 on: <03-02-15/2338:02> »
Ace will have something to say about leaving the burners around, should it be brought to his attention.  I figured that we had that whole thing to discuss, but it might be able to wait until we're at the safehouse, or even until after we've had a night's sleep. 

Was thinking about popping a blood pack for Katsina, but decided against it.  She probably doesn't like to eat in front of others. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1632 on: <03-03-15/0002:38> »
There are quite a few assumptions in the last IC post:

1) The drive to the safehouse is uneventful
2) Nobody talks
3) That the beer gives you a buzz (it does not, see this post)
4) The place is difficult to find
5) That doubling back makes sense

Those who have nanites in their system will find themselves craving beer; the more nanites, the more you want a beer. That said, the more nanites you have in your system, the less of a buzz you get. As a general reminder of nanite levels:

Doc = 10
Chino = 6
Sam/Ohanzee = 2-3
Ace = <1
Katsina = 0

Currently, only Ace can get a buzz from beer, which might be a clue as to what the nanites are doing.

I'll give people until the morning to talk in the Eurovan, or to express their intent to do so.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1633 on: <03-03-15/0034:03> »
Yeah, I took some liberties. Like I said, I based the assumption of people not talking on the OOC posts (those that had posted). While I had forgotten about the beer not giving a buzz, but the IC doesn't actually involve him being buzzed - just hoping he might. And the assumption about it being difficult to find was based on Styles statement that it would look abandoned, but yeah, that doesn't mean it is necessarily difficult to find. As for doubling back being a bad idea, I suppose that depends on how accurate assumption number one turns out to be.

At any rate, let me know what you would like me to change. Your previous OOC made it sound like you wanted us to move the action forward so I posted. I can just change it to "Ohanzee chugs a beer and passes out - not from intoxication, but from exhaustion."

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1634 on: <03-03-15/1438:16> »
There's still an opportunity to speak, if anyone wants to.

Everyone please roll Perception, unless your character is asleep. Use whichever dice pool is best for your PC.

Also, please inform me what, if any, of your equipment is 1) on, 2) using wireless, and 3) running silent.

Katsina/Ivana (visual): 6 hits
Katsina/Ivana (assensing): 3 hits

The only electronics that Katsina has are her commlink and her mask. They are both on, using wireless, and running silent.

Register