NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1545 on: <02-22-15/1347:07> »
I didn't wanna assume the SIN would work, so i left off the IC post with that.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1546 on: <02-22-15/1511:32> »
Ahh, SINs. I personally would go about them in a completely different way than the book, making them cheaper at lower ratings and more expensive at higher ratings, but then making them harder to burn too. I don't like the linear scale of the cost, which doesn't seem to keep pace with the Availability increase between ranks (even though that's linear too). Personally I would make them Rating x Rating x ¥1000, but then have SIN checks only be Rating vs. SIN Threshold (instead of Rating x 2).

Since I'm in charge, I'll do things my way. Let's see if Ohanzee generates any red flags while renting the van:
Van Rental Agency: 1 hit glitch

Not only is Ohanzee not burned, but he is flagged for a special weekend promotion. Your van is upgraded to the "Sport Package" for the same price. (This translates to Middle Amenities.) Enjoy your ride!

Everything you guys are buying is legal, so most of the SIN checks will be rating 1. The only exception is the combat knife, which might be a rating 2 check, but since Ohanzee has a rating 3 SIN I'm going to say he auto-passes.

Doc and Chino are going to have a harder time of it though. Carbondale is a respectable community that expects its respectable citizens to broadcast their SINs (real or fake) while in public. That means that Doc and Chino are going to be suspicious characters as they walk around. Doc can technically make a purchase by slotting his credstick, but odds are good that management would ask him to broadcast his SIN or, failing that, to kindly leave the premises.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1547 on: <02-22-15/2049:34> »
The Seattle Art Museum currently has a special exhibit called "Indigenous Beauty," which features Native American artwork from all across the US and Canada. My wife and I were walking through the exhibit when I blurted out "Katsina!" then streaked across the room to read one of those giant text posters describing Katsinam (the plural of the singular Katsina). Just at that moment a docent appeared behind me with a small tour group and was discussing the difference between the words "Katsina" (preferred) and "Kachina" (anglicized, not preferred). My wife had no idea why I was so much more interested in this one section compared to any of the others, and I didn't bother to explain it, but I thought it was neat.

http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/exhibitions/indigenous#southw

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1548 on: <02-22-15/2219:41> »
The only exception is the combat knife, which might be a rating 2 check, but since Ohanzee has a rating 3 SIN I'm going to say he auto-passes.
Not that it matters, but it is a survival knife, not a combat knife.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1549 on: <02-23-15/0003:50> »
@Tec does Doc think he could pull off a bit of a con being dressed decently and going on a trip?  Something along the lines of "Going camping, left my comm at home for a truely off the grid experience and we stopped for a quick break" type thing?  If he thinks it'll be more work than it's worth, he'll just go back to the van and ask Sam or Ace to pick him up a slice and a beer while he finishes the searches from the van.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1550 on: <02-23-15/0018:25> »
Oh, sure, you can try, but Doc can't lie well (Con 0) and he's got this cyberarm with a shotgun in it...

Ace and Katsina had the foresight to make sure that Doc has long sleeves and gloves, but Doc (Logic 9) knows that he's telling a story (going camping, no comm) that somewhat contradicts with his appearance (his ¥500 outfit). Now whether anyone calls him on this - or will it be an automated system Doc can hack? - is an open question. Or will Doc get carded for trying to buy synthahol? Man, life without a SIN is a big pain.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1551 on: <02-23-15/0113:19> »
Yeah, asking for too much trouble.  Doc will stay in the van.  He'll ask someone to bring him some pizza and beer :)

Do you want me to edit my last IC or just having him walk out in disgust?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1552 on: <02-23-15/0158:05> »
Which post are you referring to? Your last IC post was 4 days ago, on a different topic.

Go ahead and post Doc staying in the van. Have him ask for APB's commlink, if you like. You can RP the searches you rolled for too, if that's what you intend to do with the time.

8-bit

« Reply #1553 on: <02-23-15/0310:47> »
IC post up. Hopefully everything works well within the timeline, it's a little late here when I'm posting.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1554 on: <02-23-15/1024:59> »
Good lord.  I had a nice long post up about him shopping and getting pizza that I wrote Saturday afternoon.  :(  Guess my browser ate that one...  no retconn needed! :)  I'll get a post up today.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1555 on: <02-23-15/1055:29> »
Ace will happily spring for the team's gear, so that we can keep as much ¥ as possible on each teammate's respective credstick.  The way he sees it, it'll be better for everyone if they have some scratch on the off chance they get separated and need to make bribes, etc. to get back with the group.  I'll post this ICly shortly, so your chars can react appropriately.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1556 on: <02-23-15/1258:08> »
Good Guy Ace. As long as he doesn't have you at gunpoint.

@Rednblack, are you offering to pick up the shared purchases (medkits, van rental) or everything (survival knives, hiking boots, etc.)?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1557 on: <02-23-15/1306:32> »
Good Guy Ace. As long as he doesn't have you at gunpoint.

@Rednblack, are you offering to pick up the shared purchases (medkits, van rental) or everything (survival knives, hiking boots, etc.)?

yes.  Whatever the team needs.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1558 on: <02-23-15/1733:13> »
I'll work on an IC post for Katsina. Once Zweiblumen gets his IC post up for Doc I will move things along. Anyone want to look at the map for an appropriate disposal site for the Bulldog?

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1559 on: <02-23-15/1835:06> »
So, as of the current IC post, it's Sam, Chino, and Doc in the bulldog right now?
Everyone else is taking their time in the store or is grabbing more complicated purchases or whatever?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Register