NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #1530 on: <02-20-15/1940:35> »
Chino is going to get food and try and remember some more stuff about Denver. Meaning, he wants to try and remember as much as he can, and then mark stuff on a map for the team. OOC, this means knowledge checks.

Just to outline what I'm trying to accomplish:

1. I want to roll BTL Dealers to see if I remember enough of the underground to see if I can conjure up a place to hide, if need be. Plus, I might be able to create some funds for us with the simchip that Chino has; should it come to that.
2. I want to roll Knowledge UCAS region of Denver, so that I know of a place or two we can crash in, should the deal with Ohanzee's contact not pan out (or, god forbid, we get discovered again ... like that hasn't happened).
3. I want to roll the Smuggling Routes to just put them down in AROs for the team. Should Chino die, at least they'll have his knowledge. Not sure if you want me to roll it or use my previous knowledge roll.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1531 on: <02-20-15/1947:42> »
3. I want to roll the Smuggling Routes to just put them down in AROs for the team. Should Chino die, at least they'll have his knowledge. Not sure if you want me to roll it or use my previous knowledge roll.

This sounds like a cool IC conversation to have while Chino and Sam ditch the van.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #1532 on: <02-20-15/2132:19> »

This sounds like a cool IC conversation to have while Chino and Sam ditch the van.

Aye, it does. I can roll with putting it that way in IC.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1533 on: <02-21-15/1501:26> »
Almost all of the purchases look good so far. Kitchen timers can be used for Timer Detonators in a pinch, but will be much more prone to failure. (I'm going to say that both 1s and 2s count toward a glitch/crit glitch on any Demolitions roll using kitchen timers.) Timer Detonators cost ¥50 each and are super-unavailable.

@rednblack
Bad news
Smartlinks are a HELL NO in the PCC.

Good news
The hunter's rifle - the one Ace used to shoot down a helicopter - has an external smartlink mounted on it.

Sam recognizes the shotgun as a PJSS model 55, and the hunting rifle as a Springfield M1A, with a smartlink mounted on it.

@8-bit
1. Rolling BTL Dealers sounds good. You're rolling for Denver, right, as opposed to Carbondale or Defiance? Go ahead and roll it.
2. You can roll Area Knowledge: Denver to know about a flophouse, but your threshold will be relatively high. Ohanzee's Shadow Community (Safehouses) knowledge skill is a better bet, if he can shed some wound modifiers.
3. You don't need to roll Smuggling Routes again. You can use your previous roll to produce AROs and routes for the team.

@Poindexter
It's likely to be fakin'-bacon rather that proper bacon - unless you want to spend ¥25 on a half-kilo of the real stuff. A half-kilo will feed one Chino or one-half Sam. I'll work up the full cost of the shopping list later.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1534 on: <02-21-15/1518:52> »
It'll be how ever much enough real bacon to feed this many people will be. Sam will pay what it costs. Matter fact, lets change the cover story to a corp camping trip. sounds more believeable

Also, How, when, and where are planning on transferring the obelisk from one vehicle to another?

I know Sam and Chino are going to dispose of the old vehicle, but are we just gonna, like, wait there with the obelisk till yall show up with the new one?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #1535 on: <02-21-15/1804:52> »
@8-bit
1. Rolling BTL Dealers sounds good. You're rolling for Denver, right, as opposed to Carbondale or Defiance? Go ahead and roll it.
2. You can roll Area Knowledge: Denver to know about a flophouse, but your threshold will be relatively high. Ohanzee's Shadow Community (Safehouses) knowledge skill is a better bet, if he can shed some wound modifiers.
3. You don't need to roll Smuggling Routes again. You can use your previous roll to produce AROs and routes for the team.

1. Yes, Denver. So, it will be fairly broad and all over the place.
2. No problem. Chino is just trying to search his brain for any information he can remember, so that he can put it into the ARO.
3. All right.

BTL Dealers 3 + Intuition 4: 7d6t5 1 [1, 4, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6]

Well, so much for that.

[UCAS Sector of Denver 2 + Intuition 4: 6d6t5 1 [2, 3, 3, 5, 2, 3]

Ha, my luck has run out.

Well, Chino won't have a whole hell of a lot to mark on the map.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1536 on: <02-22-15/0200:34> »
@8-bit
Chino's still a bit fuzzy on the details, but he can remember his favorite BTL parlor in Denver. It is (rolling randomly) in the CAS sector of Denver. It's an upscale spot where you can slot your BTLs in private rooms, lessening your odds of being mugged or murdered while under the influence. One of those rooms could make an impromptu flop in an emergency.

@Zweiblumen
By my count the team has 25 uses of a medkit remaining, but if you want to pick up another medkit resupply then you may.
1x medkit resupply = ¥100
1x large soypizza = ¥10 (per Run Faster, or ¥50 for real pizza)
1x synthahol beer = ¥5 (in restaurant, cheaper in grocery store, but will take longer)

Total = ¥115

@Poindexter
The current plan is to wait for the new van to arrive, transfer everything covertly, then send the old van off for a Viking funeral a.k.a. a Blue Team Special.

1 troll + 1 ork + 1 dwarf + 2 humans = 1 kilo of bacon = ¥50
5x Meta Link = ¥500
1x bag of charcoal = ¥10
2x well-made hiking backpacks = ¥200
1x high-quality hiking boots = ¥240 (lesser quality available for half that)

Total = ¥1,000

It's time to get a little tighter about nuyen. Right now I am going to apply group purchases (medkit resupplies in Aspen, rental van) evenly across all players, unless someone speaks up and says they bought that.

Sam: ¥2,960 - ¥200 clothes - ¥88 group purchases - ¥1,000 Carbondale purchases = ¥1,672
Chino: ¥2,300 - ¥200 clothes - ¥88 group purchases = ¥2,012 (¥900 due but not paid for ballistic mask)
Ohanzee: ¥680 - ¥88 group purchases - ¥50 binoculars - ¥200 Styles' introduction - ¥330 Carbondale purchases = ¥12 (¥545 due but not paid for ballistic mask)
Doc: ¥1,970 - ¥500 clothes - ¥88 group purchases - ¥25 balaclava - ¥115 Carbondale purchases = ¥1,242 (¥200 due but not paid for biometric reader)
Ace: ¥8,760 - ¥60 shotgun slugs - ¥88 group purchases - ¥50 lunch w/ Kat - ¥400 Carbondale purchases = ¥8,162
Katsina: ¥915 - ¥145 chauffeured car - ¥88 group purchases = ¥682

No clothes for Katsina and Ace because they found their wardrobe in their safehouse in Aspen. Any clothing purchases they made were returned. Almost all of the above is OOC knowledge, although Katsina has a notion of how much is on Ace's credstick, and Ace knows how much Doc has.

Please correct any of the above if it is mistaken. Otherwise, please update your Page 1 sheets with the totals above.
« Last Edit: <02-22-15/0426:34> by Tecumseh »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1537 on: <02-22-15/0241:52> »
Updated.  I'm fine buying a whole pizza for folks that want to eat it, but I was thinking more along the lines of a couple of slices and cold beer (fake on both counts) while I was buzzing through AR.  I think taking the time to sit and eat a pizza might do us all a little good.  Been working on my IC post, but had a bunch of commitments this weekend and keep getting interrupted.  I'll have mine up by the end of the weekend.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #1538 on: <02-22-15/0315:02> »
My sheet's updated. I assume we're waiting on me to make a parking IC to get started. I'll get it up ASAP tomorrow.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1539 on: <02-22-15/0315:54> »
I'm working on an IC right now that will have us parking. I'll get it up presently.

8-bit

« Reply #1540 on: <02-22-15/0319:21> »
Works for me, I'll just work on my other IC tomorrow.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1541 on: <02-22-15/0337:40> »
Ohanzee declined the clothing per this post. Also, he should have some optical binoculars from the previous shopping trip that he paid for (50¥).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1542 on: <02-22-15/0349:44> »
The binoculars were on the list. I'll remove the clothing for Ohanzee, who is still in his armored clothing from the night before.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1543 on: <02-22-15/0421:09> »
Does the split group purchases include the 200¥ introduction fee paid to Styles? Because Ohanzee is going to have to reduce his Carbondale shopping if it isn't:
 680¥ starting
-200¥ paid to Styles
-380¥ Carbondale shopping
-88¥  Group expenses
-50¥  Binoculars
------
-38¥

I'll have to remove the Balaclava and the torches, bringing my total up to 12¥.

Also, your math is wrong on your spending summaries for Sam and I (to our benefit) - Sam should be at 1672¥ and mine should be 162¥ (assuming the 200¥ is already rolled into the 88¥ group split).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1544 on: <02-22-15/0426:48> »
Forgot to deduct Styles' fee. Thank you for catching that. I'll update with your proposed changes.

Fatfingered Sam's nuyen total. Updating that as well.