NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1515 on: <02-20-15/1405:25> »
While waiting for the rental van to arrive, you will have 30 minutes to shop, use the bathroom, etc. That said, it could look a little strange if Chino drops you off and you're loitering for 30 minutes in freezing weather with a cooler, a bunch of medkits, and a ton of guns. See the list of team inventory on Katsina's sheet.

Katsina will need to look the part so she will cast Physical Mask, plus Detect Enemies (Extended). Going to cast hard with a mind to Quicken them.

Physical Mask @F6: 6 hits
Soaking 5 drain: 3 hits, nuts

Katsina takes 2 boxes of Stun and is back up to 4S, -1. But at least she doesn't have a sustaining penalty.

Detect Enemies @F6: 5 hits
Soaking 6 drain: 2 hits, double nuts
Edging drain: 3 hits

Katsina takes 1 box of Stun and is up to 5S, -1. She has 1 Edge remaining. She quickens both spells. She now has Detect Enemies (Extended) active out to 360 meters, which should provide a good early-warning system.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1516 on: <02-20-15/1412:28> »
Damn, Doc can't even help with the 5S :(  Well, actually a medicine roll could help her naturally heal it faster right?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1517 on: <02-20-15/1414:07> »
Also, we can leave the gear in the stolen van until the new ride shows up.  Meet up, move the gear, and then torch the stolen one.  Feasible?

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1518 on: <02-20-15/1437:22> »
Yeah, that's fine. I was trying to not have the two vehicles in the same place at the same time, but it's probably irrelevant, and obviously more trouble than it's worth. So we'll park the van in the strip mall, some of us will shop across the street at the supermarket until the rental arrives, then we'll swap gear to the new ride (taking some time to clean it up so we don't overly contaminate the rental) and then deal with the old van on our way to Defiance.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1519 on: <02-20-15/1510:27> »
@Everyone Go ahead and IC post what you're doing for the next half hour. You can get out and stretch, Doc can continue his matrix searches, Chino can slot a BTL, etc.

There's a grocery store, a hardware store, a sporting goods store, a personal electronics store, a gas station, a couple soykaf shops, several places to eat (teriyaki, pizza, sub sandwiches, Aztlan cuisine), and so on. You should be able to find most things Availability 4 or lower.

Katsina will work on some preparations.

Heal @ F6 w/ Command trigger: 4 hits
Soaking 4 drain: 4 hits

Heal @ F6 w/ Command trigger: 10 hits, good Lord, limit 6
Soaking 3 drain: 4 hits

Health spells require the Command trigger, not Contact. I was confusing the two when I made Chino grab the preparation out of Katsina's pocket. I might retcon that if I find the time.

Combat Sense @ F3 w/ Contact trigger: 4 hits, limit 3
Soaking 3 drain: 3 hits

Physical Barrier @ F4 w/ Contact trigger: 4 hits
Soaking 4 drain: 4 hits

She might try a bigger Combat Sense before she goes to bed. The above will take about 20 of the 30 minutes.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1520 on: <02-20-15/1520:56> »
Doc is gonna check out a few of the stores (and get his cred stick back from Ace).  Pick up another restock on the med kit since it's available.  Figure either the sporting goods store or the hardware store will have those.
Then he's gonna grab a pizza and a synthahol beer while he finishes his searches.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1521 on: <02-20-15/1544:28> »
Sam will run into the store real quick as well. Buy sum real quick like and then go with Chino to ditch the Van.
« Last Edit: <02-20-15/1546:21> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1522 on: <02-20-15/1608:15> »
Unfortunately, it's not likely that I'll be able to get an IC post in today.  Still have quite a ways to go at the dayjob, and I need to get out early today.

Ace's shopping list. 

Rappelling Gloves: 50¥
Microwire 200 m: 100¥
Disposable Syringe: 10¥
Chisel: 20¥
Survival Kit: 200¥
Kitchen Timer X3 (Ace will be giving these to Sam in case we need him to rig some boom): 15¥
Plastic Zipties X10: 5¥
=400¥

Ace will also ask Ohanzee if he thinks we need any climbing kits

Probably too much to ask to find an external smartlink?

ETA: it may be smarter to tap a contact to see if we can get the external smartlink.  Ace will ask the team, but he really wants one for his laser rifle.
« Last Edit: <02-20-15/1610:44> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1523 on: <02-20-15/1638:34> »
I spose I should post a shopping list for Sam as well

(5) 100¥ burner comms
(2) packages of bacon
(1) bag of EZ Light charcoal
(2) well made hiking backpacks
(1) pair of high quality hiking boots sized to fit Sam.

He'll chat about a family camping thing he's being roped into.

OH WAIT! Sam is still covered in blood and has nothing else to wear, huh?

Nevermind. Sam will send a message to Ace, containing this list, Sams shoesize, and a 500¥ transfer to cover the cost.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1524 on: <02-20-15/1648:43> »

Everyone has ¥200 of clothing that Ace and Katsina purchased for them on their shopping trip into Aspen. (Doc spent ¥500 so he'll look fashionable, with some designer labels.) You'll look entirely normal and middle class. You can buy different footwear if you like.

Let me research the external smartlink. I think Native American Nations suggests that it is fine, since it could be used for hunting, but I want to make sure. If available, it will require a SIN check.

Feel free to post ICly as you get around to it. I might not get one up today myself. We'll linger here for the weekend then push things forward on Monday.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1525 on: <02-20-15/1650:09> »
Shopping list:
Security Tags [ 3 ] - 5¥
Balaclava [ 0 ] - 25¥
Helmet [ 2 ] - 100¥
Micro-camera [ 0 ] - 100¥
Thermo Flashlight [ 0 ] - 25¥
Magnesium Torch (5) [ 0 ] - 25¥
Survival Knife [ 0 ] - 100¥
Total - 380¥

@Tec - I see in the group inventory that we have two commlinks. Where are those from? I'm assuming at least one is from the hunters, but is the other from APB? I don't think we ever looked into that one.

Also, I want to buy the helmet and add the micro-camera to it, buying them separate to keep the delivery time under one day. What kind of roll is that to install it in the helmet? Mostly, I want something that I can use to share video/audio feeds with the team, especially Doc when he's in VR, hence why there are no optional components installed. I'm assuming that Doc or Sam will be the one to do it since I don't have any Hardware or Armory skills.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1526 on: <02-20-15/1652:14> »

Everyone has ¥200 of clothing that Ace and Katsina purchased for them on their shopping trip into Aspen. (Doc spent ¥500 so he'll look fashionable, with some designer labels.) You'll look entirely normal and middle class. You can buy different footwear if you like.

Ok, in that case, Sam will make his purchases on his own and chat with clerk about a family camping trip.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1527 on: <02-20-15/1714:03> »
@Tec - I see in the group inventory that we have two commlinks. Where are those from? I'm assuming at least one is from the hunters, but is the other from APB? I don't think we ever looked into that one.

Correct. One is from the head hunter (hurr) and the other is from APB. It has been sitting there, alone and uninvestigated.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1528 on: <02-20-15/1729:17> »
I'll post this IC, but Doc will ask Ace and Katsina if they mind him going through it.  Trying for the kindness tactic here for team unity.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1529 on: <02-20-15/1830:59> »
I'm gonna wait until someone (probably either Tec or 8-bit) make an IC post about pulling over, then I'm gonna do a post about what Sam is doing on the stop.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english