NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1500 on: <02-18-15/1848:06> »
The video of Doc shooting the decker does not have a timestamp.

The security footage of Blue Team exiting with the crate has a timestamp of 20:30.

These times sync up with Sam's firing records, although I don't know if he explicitly shared those or not. Poindexter hasn't given any indication of keeping things secret however.

Combined with Sam's firing records, your rough timeline is:

17:00 - 17:59: first assault (exact duration unknown)
downtime for transferring deck ownership
20:00 - 21:59: second assault (exact duration unknown, team is exiting at 20:30 but firing records continue past 21:00)
22:00: Sam writes to Johnson
0:00: you wake up

The decker in the security footage is wearing an Eagle Security uniform.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1501 on: <02-18-15/2143:37> »
Ohanzee will call up Styles and see if he can arrange for a van in Carbondale, even if he has to ship it from Defiance, and also a place to stay in Defiance.

On the off chance it's useful:
Shadow Community (Safe Houses) [Int 4 + Shadow Community 3 + Spec 2 - Wounds 4]: 2#5d6t5 3 2, 5, 3, 6, 5] 0 3, 2, 4, 4, 1]
The first one is for Carbondale, the second for Defiance. Looking for safehouses, but also any other useful information. You can pull my two hits off the end of the Carbondale roll for the non-safehouse info portion or roll 2 dice, however you want to do it. Or I can roll two more times for the non-specialization stuff.

In either case, the success in Carbondale is probably nothing since all it would likely do is confirm there are no Shadowrunner resources there, and the 0 hits in Defiance means that hopefully Styles comes through.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1502 on: <02-19-15/0054:06> »

Timeline from what I have. I might have missed some things, but I think this is all of it.

I'd like to apologize as I think Ohanzee HAS been keeping secrets, albeit unintentionally. I don't think I shared the content of the conversations with anyone, just the contacts themselves with Doc. So the stuff in blue is stuff I'm not sure Doc knows, and stuff in red is stuff I know Doc does not know. Stuff in black is stuff Doc knows.

Pre-December - Calls (no texts) between Ohanzee and Longshadow (probably obtaining the Power Focus?) and Misc calls and texts between Ohanzee and Styles
December - Ohanzee meets with Styles in Denver, PCC side to discuss a job
January - Ohanzee meets Gloria Winters
Jan 3rd, 10:13AM - Daria sends Ace’s picture to Ileana (Katsina)
Mid January - Messages stop as Ohanzee and Gloria agree to meet in person
Jan 11, 3:05PM - Conversation between Mom and Frank (Uncle Sam)
Jan 18th, 3:05PM - Conversation between Mom and Frank
Jan 20th - Ohanzee stops returning Gloria’s calls
Jan 23rd - Ohanzee stops answering Gloria’s calls
Jan 25th, 3:05PM - Conversation between Mom and Frank
Jan 28th - Last call between Ace and Rhodes
Jan 28, 2:15PM - Final message from Gloria “Hey, I haven’t seen y ou in a while. Where have you been?"
Jan 31st
5PM to 6PM - Sam fires 6 rounds from the XM30 (Carbine) and 2 underbarrel grenades
8PM to 9PM - Sam fires 24 rounds from the XM30 (Carbine) and 10 underbarrel grenades, then 200 rounds in LMG configuration
8:30PM - Blue Team exits unknown facility with artifact crate
9PM to 10PM - Sam fires 36 rounds from the XM30 (Assault Rifle) and 1 underbarrel grenade
10:00PM - Ralph (Uncle Sam) contacts Johnson
10:01PM - Johnson replies
10:03PM - Ralph replies
10:10PM - Johnson replies
10:11PM - Ralph ends conversation
Feb 1
12AM to 1AM- Sam fires 1 underbred grenade
12AM - Purple Team wakes up
« Last Edit: <02-19-15/0204:24> by Malevolence »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1503 on: <02-19-15/0059:42> »
Looks pretty good! Very impressive.

One thing, just in case it's not clear, but Sam's firing records are actually for the following hour, not the previous. So "5PM" means "between 5:00 and 5:59", not "4:00 and 4:59".

As such, the grenade that Sam fired in the 12AM hour is the one he shot at the Nissan Hound that was following you, so that should be last on the sequence.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1504 on: <02-19-15/0206:11> »
Updated.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1505 on: <02-19-15/1705:35> »
Re: the Fiat Eurovan - I had half thought there might be political ramifications for certain choices. That oversight is mine as a player  not being familiar with the politics in the area. Ohanzee, with his high etiquette and living in the area I assume would know better, so I hope that my slip up doesn't have a mechanical effect in the game.

As far as him offering alternatives, I'm guessing he'd rather not be associated with us if we are hot - it could come back on him if we get caught with items that can be traced back to him. Or maybe keeping me alive does work out better for him long term. Or maybe he really wants that souvenir.

Using my SIN seemed okay enough in Aspen, though who knows who might have been waiting had we shown up the next day to pick up the items we had ordered. Any reason to think using it to rent a car might be a bad idea?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1506 on: <02-19-15/1718:28> »
If there had been a negative consequence to an RP choice, I would have had you roll. Bulldogs obviously aren't unheard of - you've already had two of them - but he's just being extra-cautious per your instructions.

I'll be deliberately ambiguous about whether or not it's a good idea or a bad one, but a R4 SIN should be sufficient to rent a vehicle without getting the SIN burned in the process.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1507 on: <02-19-15/1752:10> »
Ah yeah, I completely forgot that there were already Bulldogs.

As for my SIN, I was mostly wondering if I had reason to believe that any of our myriad pursuers might be aware of it and be looking for transactions it is involved in. I know you aren't going to tell me not to do something potentially stupid (nor should you), but I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something that might cause Ohanzee pause IC. The question is open to the other players as well. Otherwise, he'll likely just go for it, though he'll probably need some scratch. Spirits help his SIN if the vehicle ends up bullet riddled or worse...

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1508 on: <02-19-15/1755:00> »
Sam is certain at least one of his SINs is burned; Frank, specifically. (That IS the one the apartment surrounded by spirits was under, correct?)
His other SIN, Ralph has nothing listed under it, I don't think. It seems to be a dead end. IC, Sam assumes it is burned as well.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1509 on: <02-19-15/1758:16> »
Did you have anything from that order delivered to the cabin, or was it all for pickup?
If it was all pickup, I think it should be safe enough.  The stuff that Ace picked up from your order didn't seem to have any problems.

I'm leaning towards having the rental pick us up somewhere a bit private, then send the stolen van off to be a pyre somewhere again.  Then take the rental on to the safe house.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1510 on: <02-19-15/1855:20> »
Ohanzee's purchases were for pickup, although his ballistic mask (and Chino's) won't be ready until tomorrow. Arranging those purchases did not lead to any jackbooted thugs waiting for Ace and Katsina at the sporting good store.

"Ralph" is the SIN that Sam was using for the house in Boulder and for communicating with the Johnson. Given the communication with the Johnson and the status of Sam's house, it would be reasonable to conclude that it is burned.

Sam doesn't know the condition of his "Frank" SIN. That probably depends on who Mom is and how she reacts to Sam's message.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1511 on: <02-19-15/1914:57> »
ok, so ive got them reversed in my head. got it.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1512 on: <02-19-15/1955:49> »
Which reminds me, I should either cancel those purchases or see if I can't have them forwarded to Carbondale - if that's even an option. I'm not sure I want mine any more anyway. The camera and omni-mic were so that I could share audio/visual feeds with the party; the transceiver should have been separate, but is kind of moot since no-one else is getting one anyway and we are leaving the PCC where the threat of Matrix interception was the major impetus for getting it; and the RF scanner isn't really something Ohanzee could use effectively anyway. A ski mask like Doc got might be the better option at this point, and quite a but cheaper. I do still want the security tags, though.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1513 on: <02-20-15/1240:52> »
Let's not get hung up on this. The options are:

1) Use your own SIN. Risks the SIN but saves money. Cost with local taxes is ¥125/day, which includes mileage; or,
2) Pay Styles to get a van for you. Saves your SIN but will costs more, and will seriously piss Styles off if the van gets destroyed. Cost is ¥100 upfront, a ¥1,000 "cleaning deposit" (refundable), plus ¥250/day.

If Styles doesn't get a response then he will hang up and move on with his life.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1514 on: <02-20-15/1346:55> »
Sorry, forgot that action was waiting on me. IC posted. We'll do the car rental using Ohanzee's SIN. I figure Chino will drop us off at the strip mall and either drive the car somewhere to torch or send it on autopilot. We'll head across the street and shop at the supermarket (maybe I can get my security tags and a ski mask) and watch the van pull up across the street, just in case it brings trouble, it'll be easier for us to walk away, maybe even without a gun battle.