NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1470 on: <02-17-15/1610:06> »
Grr, you sniped my IC post again, Tec - Purple Team and all.

Quote from: Not posted
"I've shared everything I know about myself. If you want information from the others, you can ask them yourself. But right now the floor belongs to Katsina. I won't compel anyone," he glances darkly at Katsina as he says 'compel', "but I strongly suggest we are as open as possible. Right now, I deem what I don't know about Katsina to be the largest risk to the team - Blue AND Red, a distinction I disdain, but one that aptly describes our origins. So far, I think I've been right; Infected and actively pursued by powerful organization seems like the sort of thing the people working with - and sleeping in proximity to - her might need to know."

"Of the information I am aware of, none has been as important for all members of the team to be aware of as this. But I'll share with you why I am concerned. From what I know, Blue Team was tasked by certain individuals to retrieve the artifact. We don't know who these individuals are, but I suspect they are weapon smugglers, and that Sam was our point of contact. There is reason to believe that Blue Team was in contact with each other leading up to the job in question, though no real information one way or the other as to whether we had worked together prior to that. The curious thing, however, is we have no indication that we were to work with anyone from Red Team. Other than waking up in the same van, there is nothing to tie us together - that I am aware of. I want to know what Red Team was up to in the days leading up to us obtaining the artifact. Were you friend or foe? Katsina believes that the Black Lodge was expecting to find her with the artifact, not just her, but her AND the artifact. Why? What information does she have that makes he think that? That seems relevant to determining what Red Team's purpose was, which in turn can help us determine who is after us - both as Red and Blue teams and as, for wont of a better designation, Purple team."

"In short, we know that Blue Team was there to steal something - almost certainly the artifact - but we don't know if Red Team was there to help us, hinder us, or just there completely by coincidence. If you two worked for the people we stole the obelisk from

Working up a new IC.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1471 on: <02-17-15/1636:12> »
Really?
soak cold (body 3 + will 5 + insulation 2 = 10): 3#10d6t5 6 1 5

Back to 2S for Doc... still in the sleep it off range at least!
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1472 on: <02-17-15/1656:54> »
Think you're only at 1S - it was a soak test, so your one hit takes 2S to 1S.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1473 on: <02-17-15/1658:21> »
Really?

That's why we roll.

You may wish to use Edge. In addition to the Stun damage, there is an addition effect from Cold damage. From Run & Gun, p. 149:

After a character suffers their first box of damage,
Stun or Physical, they are considered to have frostbite
and suffer a –2 dice pool penalty to all actions performed
with their extremities.

This would affect things like repairing your deck.

However, use of Edge will be subject to the Bad Luck quality, should you choose to roll it.

8-bit

« Reply #1474 on: <02-17-15/1707:42> »
All right, back from my appointment. A quick question before I post an IC.

As we worked out, Chino has the Denver Smuggling Routes skill. Since we're on the run, again, I would think it would be a decent time to start thinking about things like "how the hell do we get away from the place where people keep trying to kill us?" May I roll the knowledge skill, so that I can maybe roll that into the IC?

I could play it as it slowly coming back to him as he's driving. And once his head is clear of the pain.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1475 on: <02-17-15/1713:25> »
Really?

That's why we roll.

You may wish to use Edge. In addition to the Stun damage, there is an addition effect from Cold damage. From Run & Gun, p. 149:

After a character suffers their first box of damage,
Stun or Physical, they are considered to have frostbite
and suffer a –2 dice pool penalty to all actions performed
with their extremities.

This would affect things like repairing your deck.

However, use of Edge will be subject to the Bad Luck quality, should you choose to roll it.

Thought I already had badluck today?  Have to check, but thought it was before we grabbed the Nately's.  But either way, yeah, I'm gonna edge that.
re-roll misses 9: 9d6t5 4

Hit me with bad luck!

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1476 on: <02-17-15/1716:36> »
Think you're only at 1S - it was a soak test, so your one hit takes 2S to 1S.
I was already at 1S, so after soaking 1 of 2S, that would add to the point I had left, which puts me at a total of 2S.  Though Tec pointed out the problems with frostbite, so I'm edging it.  I've soaked it, but if Bad Luck kicks in, I'll glitch, so proabably end up frostbitten anyway. ;)

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1477 on: <02-17-15/1720:53> »
I can't find the post asking us to soak the cold dmg, but i see everyone else doing it, so here's my roll.
body+will+insulation: 17d6t5 7

found it.

here's my other 2.

body+will+insulation+2: 19d6t5 12

body+will+insulation+2: 19d6t5 5
« Last Edit: <02-17-15/1830:03> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1478 on: <02-17-15/1827:07> »
Cold test 1: 12d6t5 4

Cold test 2: 11d6t5 3

Cold test 3: 10d6t5 5

For some reason I thought I needed to subtract a die each time. Hit the threshold ok anyway.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1479 on: <02-17-15/1836:02> »
Another wordy IC. I've got to work on that, but I'm terrible with conversations - normally it would be a back and forth, but that would take forever in PbP.

@all - is it just me or is the site really slow today (and yesterday, for that matter)?

@Poindexter - you need two more rolls.

@8-bit - That's my general plan. I've been hinting at it in IC, but I'm keeping it to myself until the chat with Katsina is done. I want to see if we can find a "rental" car in Carbondale, something we don't have to car-jack and leave a trail for but something where we don't have to use our SINs. Fixer type borrowing of a vehicle. This breaks our carjack and burn cycle, making it harder for anyone looking for us to keep the trail since they'll be looking for more abductions and/or burning cars. But the smuggling routes skill will be VERY handy in order to avoid issues at the border checks. I'll strongly support that both IC and OOC.

There are a number of topics I want to broach IC, but I just have to wait for the right time. I intend to keep Doc busy again with research. I intend to suggest we start reaching out to contacts (once verified). I intend to look into the Atlantean Foundation for a possible buyer of the artifact, as well as DIMR (which I think was mentioned earlier, though I don't remember if it was IC or OOC). I'm just trying to interject them at logical points in the narrative.

Also, Doc brought up car heists once his deck was repaired. I'll address that as well - basically a "no" since I'd rather borrow a vehicle from a discrete and willing owner this time.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1480 on: <02-17-15/2008:51> »
As we worked out, Chino has the Denver Smuggling Routes skill. Since we're on the run, again, I would think it would be a decent time to start thinking about things like "how the hell do we get away from the place where people keep trying to kill us?" May I roll the knowledge skill, so that I can maybe roll that into the IC?

Yes, that would be fine to roll.

Thought I already had badluck today?  Have to check, but thought it was before we grabbed the Nately's.  But either way, yeah, I'm gonna edge that.

Per the rules, Bad Luck is "once per game session". Obviously that unit of time breaks down for a PbP, so I'm using broad strokes.
Bad Luck? 3, no
No frostbite for Doc.

Another wordy IC. I've got to work on that, but I'm terrible with conversations - normally it would be a back and forth, but that would take forever in PbP.

Better to do it the way you are. Big blocks is better than back-and-forth in PbP.

@all - is it just me or is the site really slow today (and yesterday, for that matter)?

Yes, exceedingly slow. I didn't notice it yesterday but today the site has really been dragging.

There are a number of topics I want to broach IC, but I just have to wait for the right time. I intend to keep Doc busy again with research. I intend to suggest we start reaching out to contacts (once verified). I intend to look into the Atlantean Foundation for a possible buyer of the artifact, as well as DIMR (which I think was mentioned earlier, though I don't remember if it was IC or OOC). I'm just trying to interject them at logical points in the narrative.

Katsina mentioned both, as well as the Draco Foundation. I believe it was at the breakfast table. All of them will have offices in Denver.

8-bit

« Reply #1481 on: <02-17-15/2123:23> »
Smuggling Routes in Denver Check (Intuition 4 + Skill 3): 7d6t5 4 [3, 6, 1, 6, 6, 3, 6]

I'll just make a vague IC post alluding to the fact that info is coming back to me.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1482 on: <02-17-15/2234:30> »
Good point. I had assumed that there was no functional difference between the DIMR and the Draco Foundation, but I see that while founded by the Draco Foundation, DIMR operates independently and has wholly separate management. Though I suspect Daviar still has significant influence, they remain effectively separate.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1483 on: <02-17-15/2346:30> »
Deck Config:
Toolbox, Browse, Encryption, Agent
A: 4 S: 5 D: 7 (8 ) F: 6 (7)
Matrix searches on contacts.  I'm not sure how many I've been given between Ohanzee and Katsina, starting with 5:
Matrix Search on Contacts Computer(5) + Intuition(4) + Ganglia (1) = 10: 5#10d6t5 6 5 5 5 3 (Limit 8 on all of those)
So for finding limited info on them all I've got some decent reductions in time.  5 min for the first 7.5 for the next 3 and 15 for the 5th?  (is that done right with browse halving all search times?)

That search is going to take me a while, can I keep talking while I'm doing that in AR? Or am I Basically torpored for 45ish minutes?

I'll have the agent find a place to stay while I'm doing this search:
Agent Matrix Search on Hotels 12+2 + 2 for VR = 16: 16d6t5 5
I'd think this was a Public knowledge search, which the agent is going to come back with in about 7.5 seconds :P

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1484 on: <02-18-15/0004:29> »

SO SLOW!!!! I really really want to stick my nose where it doesn't belong and get them to start using just about any kind of edge caching service.  As I run several large scale forums, I know how much of a PITA it can be.  And they let us use this service for free, I can't complain.  But... But... But... I can fix!!!!!

Anyway, I'm sure it'll speed back up soon.