NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1440 on: <02-13-15/1635:31> »
Anyone can check out that pic.  And he's busy fixing people and things right now.  That said, having him *also* check it out will be good if no one else finds anything as he likely has a higher computer ability than anyone else.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1441 on: <02-13-15/1638:23> »
Ace is rocking Computer 2, so he's probably not the best bet.

Also, Ace has turned off Wireless Functionality on all of his gear.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1442 on: <02-13-15/1648:05> »
We are likely all clear for turning gear back on.  We bounced the decker early, so even if she did tag anyone besides me that device has been rebooted and those marks are gone, and everyone here has rebooted, so those marks are gone.  Just make sure the GMC is running wireless off and we should be g2g.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1443 on: <02-13-15/1701:03> »
We (or Ohanzee did, anyway) turned things off due to the expected arrival of G-Men. But yeah, once we have a few kilometers between us and where Doc was converged on, it should be relatively safe to turn stuff back on. I'll do another IC soon and have Ohanzee turn on his trodes and commlink and remove his contacts - they're basically useless since DNI provides Imagelink.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1444 on: <02-13-15/1742:26> »
Well, they knew about the artifact, so that means that they were hired by someone who knew we had it... KE probably wouldn't hire runners to come after us, that's kinda their thing... Which leaves the people we stole it from, and the people who hired us to steal it.  The MO is interesting here in that there are obviously two groups comming together, which is the same as Kat/Ace/APB and Ohanzee/Sam/Chino/Doc.

Doc thinks you're working against two different groups. The MOs are just too different to reconcile otherwise (Lakotan + K-E HTR + milspec helicopter VS. English-speaking Johnsons hiring a local team of shadowrunners). Odds are good that the K-E HTR team was sent as a response from the people you stole it from (who might be the only ones two know that it was missing so quickly after the theft), while the more recent team has a better likelihood of being from your Johnson, who assumes you've gone rogue, or a third party who knows that it is missing. Doc's understanding of Sam's communication with his Johnson ("Go frag yourself") would lend support to the theory that your Johnson is looking for you, although the shadowrunners seemed to be looking for Katsina instead of Sam...

I'm officially shutting up about the level of our opposition from now on.

If you think about it from their perspective, they sent 8 runners and 4 spirits (plus drones) after what they assumed would be a team of 3. If word gets out that you're a team of 6 now, well...

BUT, it doesn't say anything about once it's completely filled how much you have to repair to get it functional again :(
Either, way I've repaired 2 boxes of damage.  If I can use it, awesome, if I can't cool.  I'll roll another repair ruoll when I know I'll have more time to devote to fixing it again :)

In the absence of fluff or crunch (or precedent from previous editions), we'll go with the player-friendly interpretation. Doc patches up his deck well enough to get it running. It takes Doc 15 minutes. Between the time to do First Aid and the time it take Doc to work on his cyberdeck, the team will be in Basalt.

My wording may have been awkward, but I was saying that she was on to our plan and tasked to intercept us even before we stole the artifact (from her conversation with Daria - all OOC knowledge for us, of course).

OOCly, Katsina hasn't contacted Daria yet, so I don't know what conversation you are alluding to.

Just make sure the GMC is running wireless off and we should be g2g.

This is a no-no with local law enforcement. This is from Arsenal, p. 104:

Most jurisdictions restrict vehicle nodes from operating in hidden
mode (see p. 211, SR4) and additionally require vehicles to broadcast
their access ID, license plate, and sometimes their registration and
insurance information as well as the SIN and license data of the driver.

You can forgo the need for the driver's license if the vehicle is running on Pilot, but that can't be done with wireless off. Given that Chino is SINless, one of you needs to be broadcasting a SIN so that you're not throwing up a huge red flag. The Bulldog can broadcast its own license plate and registration, but this will make it easy to find the Bulldog for anyone who knows to look for it.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1445 on: <02-13-15/1749:56> »
Unless anyone would prefer otherwise, Ace's J Anderson SIN is a rating 6. He'll fly it.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1446 on: <02-13-15/1757:38> »
You guys are off to a great start for dissecting the situation and trying to piece together the clues. I would strongly encourage you to move some of your speculations over to the IC thread, as this is all karma gold. Driving the plot forward is a great way to hit the karma gas pedal.

As promised, here is a summary of recent events which your PCs would likely remember but that we - stretching the story over real months - may have forgotten:

1. Who were those guys in the helicopter last night?
2. Some dudes were looking for Katsina, and seemed to know that if they found her they would find the artifact. Who are they?
3. Gloria Winters is dead, dropped from a great height into the middle of the wilderness. What did she know?
4. Sam has a residence in Boulder (in the Denver Metroplex) that was covered with spirits on an astral-stakeout. Was that Sam's home or just a safehouse? Who knew to look for him there?
5. Ace has a laser rifle. A laser rifle. Where the hell did that come from?
6. Katsina used Manipulation magic on Sam. What's up with that?
7. There's blood in the cooler. Why is there blood in the cooler?
8. Why were we looking for APB? (Red Team only)
9. Who is Mom? (Blue Team only)
10. What's in this R10 Datalock in Ace's head?
11. What's with the infestation of hard nanites in Blue Team?
12. I almost forgot about our memories. What happened to those?

And, of course, "What is this artifact and what do we do with it?"

Plenty to get done. I'll get an IC post up for Katsina soon.
« Last Edit: <02-13-15/1933:02> by Tecumseh »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1447 on: <02-13-15/1819:59> »
My wording may have been awkward, but I was saying that she was on to our plan and tasked to intercept us even before we stole the artifact (from her conversation with Daria - all OOC knowledge for us, of course).
OOCly, Katsina hasn't contacted Daria yet, so I don't know what conversation you are alluding to.
It's the communication from her commlink. To be fair, it was more of a one way thing with Daria directing her to find what we presume from the picture she had to be Ace. While it never explicitly states what she's supposed to coerce Ace to do, considering they ended up with us, it seems safe to assume that it had something to do with the artifact, and most likely us as well.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1448 on: <02-13-15/1915:23> »
IC post is up. The bold is to reflect semi-shouting.

Katsina has "learned" (i.e. remembered) the metamagic Quickening. She has quickened the Increase Strength spell on herself, as well as the Combat Sense spell on Ace. (@Rednblack, Combat Sense 4 is now semi-permanent.)

I took some artistic license with this, as the spells would have worn off after 4-5 minutes but I didn't have her quicken Ace's spell until after 15+ minutes. This was for dramatic effect; there was nothing stopping her from quickening them earlier.

Other notes
- I'm going to include the team inventory on Katsina's sheet, to better track medkits, number of uses, and unclaimed gear (like guns).
- In addition to your previous inventories, you now have ¥200 worth of street clothing (¥500 for Doc) that Ace and Katsina purchased on your behalf. You can now look "Middle class suburbia" rather than "Squatter lifestyle murderer".
- Doc now has a balaclava, presumably to rob a liquor store.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1449 on: <02-13-15/1925:46> »
6. Katsina used Manipulation magic on Sam. What's up with that?
11. What's with the infestation of hard nanites in Red Team?

6- Sam is unaware of this fact, correct?
11- Chino made it sound like He and Sam were infested as well. Am i misremembering?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1450 on: <02-13-15/1932:30> »
6- Sam is unaware of this fact, correct?
11- Chino made it sound like He and Sam were infested as well. Am i misremembering?

6) Katsina's shamanic mask would have lit her up. Sam would notice with 1 hit on a Perception test. Feel free to roll that with the -3 Composure modifier that Sam had at the time. If Sam gets a hit, then it's up to you whether he'd know spellcasting when he saw it.

11) D'oh, I misspoke. I meant Blue Team.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1451 on: <02-13-15/1940:50> »
There, that should move things along...

I had an entirely different monologue with essentially the same ultimatum but Tec posted while I was editing, so I had to go back and rework things.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1452 on: <02-13-15/2128:32> »
6) Katsina's shamanic mask would have lit her up. Sam would notice with 1 hit on a Perception test. Feel free to roll that with the -3 Composure modifier that Sam had at the time. If Sam gets a hit, then it's up to you whether he'd know spellcasting when he saw it.

I've already been playing it like he doesn't know about it for so long, can I just auto-fail this roll? I think it'd make for a better scene down the road when someone tells him about it. Maybe he noticed the mask, but assumed it was just part of the whole "battling fire spirits in close proximity" thing, eh?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1453 on: <02-14-15/0101:26> »
Programs: Toolbox, Babymonitor, Agent, Signal Scrub
A: 4 S: 5 D: 6 (7) F: 7
Matrix Perception (Comp 5 + Int 4 + Quali 1 + Spec 2 + DJ 1 - Range Noise 1 = 12): 12d6t5 3 (limit 7)

Looking for all cars that will work as transport for us inside of 1k (thus the noise).  Though I didn't think to ask about what conditions we are in... If noise is larger, I've also got signal scrub running, so that will help with 2 of it.  Feel free to pull/re-roll dice.

Then he attaches the results to the message he sent the team IC.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1454 on: <02-14-15/0116:01> »
Assensing to see how honest she is being and her general emotions, especially signs of aggression.
Assensing Katsina [assensing 4 + intuition 4 - wounds 4]: 4d6t5 1
One hit is all I need.

ETA: Ignoring Doc's message in IC for the moment since that technically doesn't occur for 15 minutes after Ohanzee awakens, so it's chronologically still in the future. At least in my narrative, though the flow of time isn't terribly strict for non-combat sequences.
« Last Edit: <02-14-15/0119:15> by Malevolence »