NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1395 on: <02-12-15/1426:56> »
@Tec: Medikit rolls would like like this? Firstaid 6 + Logic 9 + Medkit 5 - Wounds 2 - Conditions Bad 3 = 15  Or is moving car + wind + cold only "Poor"?
Oh, and can folks get out of their full armor if possible?  I got a decent amount of dice, but halving the net hits will be a big hit no matter what.
« Last Edit: <02-12-15/1446:06> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1396 on: <02-12-15/1501:59> »
Oh wow, I always forget about the -2 for awakened or emerged and the -1/2full points of essence loss for first aid.  I can't imagine any build that would have anything but a -2 pool.
Ace -2
Chino -2
Doc -2
Katsina - 2
Ohanzee -2
Sam - 2

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1397 on: <02-12-15/1610:44> »
Doc has the Biotech skill group at 5, not 6. His wound modifier will be -1 after the disorientation wears off, not -2.

Doc is only -1 due to his Essence, but everyone else is -2.

We'll call these "Poor" conditions, so -2.

The "full body armor" is a bit ambiguous. If people take off their jackets then they should be fine.

I have the following wounds recorded:
Katsina: 2S + 3P
Ace: 5P
Chino: 9P (4P crash + 5P fire punch)
Sam: 5S
Doc: 3S + 2P
Ohanzee: 12S + 4P (+1P when the stimpatch wears off), all of which requires rest

Katsina declines medical attention. She says to tend to Chino first, or maybe even for Doc to take care of himself first so that he can be at his best when tending to the others.

Honestly, I've lost track of how many medkits the team has and at what ratings. Unless anyone has been keeping close track, let's go with the following:
one Medkit R6 w/ 1 resupply
one Medkit R5 w/ 1 resupply
one Medkit R4 w/ 1 resupply

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1398 on: <02-12-15/1724:43> »
I keep doing that :( sorry, you've told me plenty of times and it's on my sheet correctly. But, I was assuming my kit was a rating 5, so the dice pool works out ;)

As for kits, I thought we had one rating 5 and one rating 4, both refilled from the shopping trip.  So I should have five uses of the rating 5 and four uses of the rating 4.  But I like your numbers better!

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1399 on: <02-12-15/1745:43> »
I know we have a Rating 6 medkit from our original van, Doc started with a Rating 5 medkit, and the Rating 4 is from the hunters, and we purchased 4 refills in town: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=18731.msg338759#msg338759

ETA: We might have snagged one from the cabin, I'm checking now.

Nope, just the three it seems, unless the RV or the Bulldog had one.
« Last Edit: <02-12-15/1756:06> by Malevolence »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1400 on: <02-12-15/1809:44> »
Okay, so with the rating 6 MedKit, it's got 6 uses in it.  That'll cover all of us.  And with the correct skill level/medkit rating and then the essence/awakened modifiers I'm at 15 dice for everyone except doc who I'm at 16 dice for.

Team work!  We all figured out what was where :)  Thanks guys.
Order of operations:
Chino -> Ace -> Katsina (refused) -> Sam -> Doc
First Aid 3 times at 15 dice: 3#15d6t5 6 3 4
So Chino gets 4 boxes healed(YAY!)
Ace only 1 healed (sorry bud :()
Sam 2 (better than nothing!)
First Aid on himself 16 dice: 16d6t5 6
And 4 on himself.  That 3 was a really bad roll :( sorry Ace.

You heal stun first then physical right?  So Doc is still at -1.
When we get someplace to sleep I'll do a medicine roll for everyone to get some bonus dice to healing physical.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1401 on: <02-12-15/1852:45> »
The Bulldog had a Rating 4 medkit with 1 resupply. However, I was also ruling that the medkit hooked up to the Natelys was lost/destroyed, which I believe cancels out the previous R4 medkit. So I think we're back to what I said, with one additional resupply for the R4 medkit.

Doc uses the R6 medkit four times. That leaves us with:

R6 medkit (2 uses remaining) w/ 1 resupply
R5 medkit w/ 1 resupply
R4 medkit w/ 2 resupplies

Next
Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1402 on: <02-12-15/1933:41> »
Everyone loves it. I use a blended mix of karma awards. There's a baseline award that everyone receives, and then there are individual rewards based on participation, role playing, driving the plot forward, wit, and so on. I take this seriously and just spent 5+ hours rereading all of Chapter II's IC posts.

Without further ado:
Character survived: 2
Some objectives completed: 1
Opposition dice pool: 2

Thus the baseline karma for Chapter II is 5 karma. I will be PMing you all shortly with your individual karma awards. All karma may be spent immediately without restriction. You may also save it, but things only get tougher from here. Spending it will improve your survivability.

As a reminder, I also award knowledge karma. This is karma specifically for knowledge skills and contacts.

Finally, I am exceptionally pleased with how that combat sequence progressed. It was exciting, included twists in fortunes and changes in momentum, and was the epitome of pushing the PCs to their limits without breaking them. It took over three weeks but progressed steadily the whole while. Like a soccer mom handing out trophies, I will be PMing each of you with an award.

Next steps
Receive your karma. Spend your karma.
Spend your remaining knowledge points from chargen, if you haven't done so yet.
Update your sheets on the first page of this OOC thread This is mandatory and you'll be getting PMs from me until you do.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1403 on: <02-12-15/1958:07> »
Quote from: Poindexter
Things look bleak for the mighty troll who had taken to calling himself "Uncle Sam" a few days ago, almost as a joke.
Just an FYI, it is only about 18-20 hours after waking up. It sure seems like days, but it's been less than one.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1404 on: <02-12-15/2011:48> »
I take this seriously and just spent 5+ hours rereading all of Chapter II's IC posts.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.  It's obviously something of a labor of love at this point.  Really appreciate the time and effort you're putting into keeping this game going!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1405 on: <02-12-15/2017:15> »
Just an FYI, it is only about 18-20 hours after waking up. It sure seems like days, but it's been less than one.

This is true.

I know that play-by-post games make it difficult to remember everything that happened, especially when the storytelling is stretched out over months. I will be posting a short recap and a list of topics that you may wish to address. I'll wait to do that until people settle on a destination. We have one vote for Basalt and one for Carbondale.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1406 on: <02-12-15/2038:22> »
Who voted Basalt?

And yes, thank you very much for all of the work you have put in to the game here. It's an absolute pleasure to play, and that is in no small part due to your tireless efforts.

I seriously need to review the last chapter. It's been on my to do list since you mentioned that you like to drop hints, but I just haven't been able to clear a large enough block of time to do it justice.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1407 on: <02-13-15/0213:35> »
Doc voted for Basalt. Katsina would vote for Carbondale, provided that things don't get too cold inside.

Doc made the rolls for healing, which can be applied to either Stun or Physical. Sam declined ICly, citing the fact that he wasn't bleeding, but Doc can heal 2S from Sam if Sam doesn't actively push him away.

Ohanzee has 2S and 1P (from a stimpatch wearing off) that may be healed with a medkit. Doc can roll for this too, which might be enough to wake Ohanzee up.

Katsina finishes up her sewing project and uses a medical stapler from a medkit to staple the blankets up. She may now turn her attention to creating and using Heal preparations. She already has two available, one of which she will use for herself (to reduce her wound modifiers so that she can make more) and the other will be used for Chino. Both are Force 5, Potency 5.

Heal x 2: 6 hits and 6 hits, two excellent rolls

Katsina will make a preparation for Ace @ F6
Magic 6 + Alchemy 5 + Enchanting Focus 2 + Mentor Spirit 2: 4 hits, Preparation is Force 6, Potency 4.

Health preparations require the Command trigger. Drain is F - 4 + 2 trigger = 4.
Soaking 4 drain: 4 hits, no drain

Katsina finishes the preparation and hands it to Ace.
Force 6 + Potency 4: 4 hits

That's enough to give Ace a...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
... blank slate.

New condition monitors:

Katsina: 2S
Ace: 5P - 1P - 4P = 0!
Chino: 9P - 4P - 6P = 0!
Sam: 5S - 2S = 3S (tentatively)
Doc: 3S + 2P - 2P - 2S = 1S
Ohanzee: 12S + 5P (stimpatch has worn off)

Please update your sheets accordingly.
« Last Edit: <02-27-15/1446:33> by Tecumseh »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1408 on: <02-13-15/0940:00> »
Actually I voted for basalt OOC. When it came time to voice it ICly, doc said he didn't care... Just get someplace warm!

I'll get a roll up for Ohanzee when I get to a computer.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1409 on: <02-13-15/1117:54> »
Heal Ohanzee (15 dice): 15d6t5 5
3 net hits!  Healed what I could Mal :)