NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1380 on: <02-11-15/1400:21> »
He might as well wait the 8 minutes.
I vote for Basalt.  4k people isn't much, but easier to hide in tha in 250 people.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1381 on: <02-11-15/1427:13> »
Once things are settled and people are healed, Ohanzee will check for a spare.

Also, once the spirit reports it is done destroying the phones, Ohanzee will summon an air spirit to conceal us again. The Man should unsummon itself once done since it will be outside of 600m making it a remote service. If it finishes before we leave to 600m range, then I'll command it to torch the inside of the RV. Since Katsina doesn't seem too concerned about the blood evidence from the bags, Ohanzee isn't either, but Ace seems concerned. So if we can get it torched, great, but if not then so be it.

Summon Spirit of Air (Force 6)  [Magic 6 + Summoning 6 + Focus 2 - Wounds 3]: 11d6t5 1
Wow, looks like I'm going to be doing this again...
Spirit of Air Resist [Force 6]: 6d6t5 3
Wow, this is probably going to hurt.
Resist Drain (Spirit Hits x 2 = 6) [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 1]: 13d6t5 5
Take 1 stun - Yay, we're back to a -4 modifier. Also, I only have 2 stun boxes left, so when the "stim patch" wears off and I take 2 more stun, I'll be out cold. Fun times.
Let's try this again:
Summon Spirit of Air (Force 6)  [Magic 6 + Summoning 6 + Focus 2 - Wounds 4]: 10d6t5 3
Promising...
Spirit of Air Resist [Force 6]: 6d6t5 3
Are you kidding me?!?!?
Ugh. Ohanzee's going night-night.
Resist Drain (Spirit Hits x 2 = 6) [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 1]: 13d6t5 3
3 more stun. Ohanzee is out cold. I think you round down for overflow, so at least he hasn't entered that yet. But when the patch wears off, he'll take a point of physical damage.

Obviously the spirits have abandoned him. He will do that as soon as the Man spirit leaves (though he will finish sustaining any Heal spell he has going in order to reduce his sustaining penalty for the summon), so he may not have a chance to finish healing people.

Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1382 on: <02-11-15/1433:39> »
Is there any damage, stun or physical, you've taken that Doc can heal?  Or is all of it Drain/old?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1383 on: <02-11-15/1440:36> »
Katsina would actually like it if the Lakota Olympian were to torch the RV. She bled a bit when the cupboards emptied out the dishes on the back of her head. Maybe that all dried in her hair and never made it to the surroundings, but she'd just as soon burn the interior to be safe. Ohanzee could probably cheat and have the spirit do that first, then resume the commlink smashing while the team travels into remote service range.

Ohanzee has 2P from the crash that Doc could work on. I believe his Stun damage is all from drain.

Katsina can work on Heal preparations while Ohanzee is out. First she needs to finish her "let's not freeze to death" plan, since the wind coming in through the windows is not making things any warmer.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1384 on: <02-11-15/1518:23> »
He'll go that route then and have the spirit start with the fire.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1385 on: <02-11-15/1629:20> »
I'm assuming Ohanzee won't get much past casting heal on Chino before the Spirit reports task complete (or trouble). The heal spell I rolled before for Chino has 3 hits, but it is also a die short due to the crash effects.
Extra die: 1d6t5 0
So, still 3 hits. If he has time for more heals before the Torch Bearer is finished, let me know and I'll roll them.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1386 on: <02-11-15/1708:34> »
Sam wont take any guns, just ammo. He wants to leave as little trail behind himself as he can.

Also, YAY! Chapter III, here we come!
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1387 on: <02-12-15/0154:10> »
It's going to take Torch Bearer a couple minutes to find all the commlinks and smash them. That gives Ohanzee an opportunity to cast Heal before Torch Bearer departs and Ohanzee KOs himself. The only question is how much healing does Ohanzee want to do before Doc has a chance to work his medkit first? Once Heal is cast, first aid cannot be applied, and Doc is choosing to wait for his head to clear before proceeding with the first aid.

Ohanzee does have a minute to chime in on the destination conversation, at least.

@rednblack Did Ace drop the shotgun inside the Bulldog or outside? I ruled that he grabbed an Enfield AS-7.

Working on the IC post.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1388 on: <02-12-15/0218:12> »
Outside.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #1389 on: <02-12-15/0226:10> »
As the guy who nearly had his flesh seared away and is sitting at 9 boxes of Physical Damage, I vote to have First Aid applied first, so that I can grab maximum healing.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1390 on: <02-12-15/0244:45> »
Ohanzee is waiting for Doc before doing any healing. If Doc doesn't start before Ohanzee passes out then I guess the magical healing well fall to Katsina.

As for destinations, I think Carbondale is the biggest city. We'll head there and get a new ride to use to make Denver. Ohanzee doesn't have much time to argue if people want to do something different and once he's unconscious he has no choice but to go along with whatever everyone else decides, at least for an hour anyway. I'll IC the suggestion and the failed summoning tomorrow morning.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1391 on: <02-12-15/1335:59> »
Once things are settled and people are healed, Ohanzee will check for a spare.

Ohanzee finds a spare tire for the Bulldog. Just one, though, which is better than zero but less than the two you need.

The speed limit along this stretch is 55kph. It is up to Chino whether you want to drive faster (to flee the crime scene), the speed limit (to make it look like nothing is wrong), or slower (which will preserve the life of the tires a bit).

You can stay on side roads all the way to Snowmass (taking Road 19 to 17 to 16), at which point you will rejoin Highway 82. The speed limit on the highway is 100kph.

Presuming you drive the speed limit, this is how long you have until you reach:

Woody Creek (pop. 250): 8 kilometers, 9 minutes
Snowmass (pop. 250): 19 kilometers, 21 minutes
Basalt (pop. 4,000): 26 kilometers, 25 minutes
Carbondale (pop. 6,500): 44 kilometers, 36 minutes
Defiance (a.k.a. Glenwood Springs, pop. 10,000): 63 kilometers, 47 minutes

There will be cold resistance tests as long as you're in the car. Katsina's window-blanket solution will reduce the frequency of them, and the blankets ill provide Insulation bonuses, but the cold is still a concern.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1392 on: <02-12-15/1410:08> »
Doc will check the glasses.  And wouldn't having the heat on full blast at least keep the two folks in the front warm(ish)?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1393 on: <02-12-15/1415:51> »
Yes, the heat will help the people in the front seats. Chino will appreciate it, since driving while wrapped in blankets is tough.

Doc is going to find combat-related text messages on the commlink. I'll try to work up a post with some of those. He won't find anything that suggests that sound, images, or video were transmitted recently. All the communication seems to have occurred between the team that attacked you, not with any outsiders.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1394 on: <02-12-15/1416:42> »
Well, with Ohanzee out, moving the obelisk will be a challenge, so we're probably stuck with the van for an hour until he wakes up and can cast levitate. I can't suggest how to handle that since I am out of it IC. It'll be fun not having to be an active part of the plan making, but also frustrating because inevitably I'll have ideas on how to proceed.

Heck, nothing really ties us to the van aside from the difficulty moving the obelisk - we could always try to jack another car that doesn't have flat tires, blown out windows, and blood and viscera covering the inside (and likely parts of the outside). We just need to flee the scene quickly. After that, the only reason to stick with the van is basically stylistic preference. In fact, Ohanzee probably should have said as much if I had thought of it sooner, so any other player that chooses to engage him in conversation before he takes his forced nap can feel free to have him respond as such.