NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1320 on: <02-06-15/1754:59> »
Ohanzee
Minute 1: Drop Trid Phantasm and move the crateless artifact to the Bulldog. Suggest moving all bodies to the RV. I am assuming that Ace will check on the Natelys, otherwise that will be his minute 1 action and you can shift all subsequent actions down one. I'm also assuming that Chino will check on the trailer, but I suspect it's a loss.
Minute 2: Get seated in the Bulldog and start casting Heal on those that Doc has finished treating. I'll start with Wolf and send him on his way, released from his remaining services to go home and recuperate. Then Chino second, then Ohanzee or Doc third, then Doc or Ohanzee fourth, then whoever is left. With 20 CT in a minute, he should be able to heal most that need it (Force 6 x max 7 patients = 42 CT). The rolls will be fun...
Minute 3: Remaining heals. Help Katsina with any Astral Scrubbing needed. Summon another spirit, though I'm not sure what we need most at the moment. We should be moving by this point.
He'll probably be chatting and managing the team while the other stuff is being done - like suggesting people check on the Natelys and the trailer.

Wolf will stay materialized but just jump out the broken window and float to safety (he's like the dog in Strange Brew, just have to get him a cape). He'll probably spend his first minute making a mess of the troll mage. Second minute will be getting healed as a way for Ohanzee to maintain good relations and then being released from service. Third minute+ will be chillin' in his den back on the plane of beasts.

Losing the Tata isn't a major problem, but losing the Elf Decker might cause problems with Ohanzee's plan.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1321 on: <02-06-15/1757:52> »
Minute 1- Can I go get that bomb yet? if so, that's what im doing first
minute 2 and 3- Sam will do as instructed. What do our chances of climbing down to get that decker look like?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1322 on: <02-06-15/1805:15> »
@Tec: You don't happen to have a handy account of which damage Ohanzee has taken is from drain and which is actually healable? I can dig through the posts, but if you had it handy it'd save me some time.

Also, Ohanzee will take 2S sometime during the first ten minutes (probably around minute 9) from the makeshift stim patch that was made using the Medkit. The original 1S is from drain and I'm assuming that it doesn't suddenly become healable as a result of using the patch, but is the additional 1S healable?

@Sam - If needed, I can summon a spirit to grab it. Man is my manipulation type, which I think that would fall under. The only issue I see is that we don't want the scene to look obviously staged, so if she is too mangled it might be counterproductive. Which actually makes me think that one or two of the bodies might be better off left outside the RV. This might call for a Performance or Artisan or Knowledge - Forensics roll or something to get right.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1323 on: <02-06-15/1806:06> »
@tec want me to use that previous first aid (stabalize-pain med) roll for actions here, or re-roll since the situation is different?
Minute 1: First aid on those I can... I think we're going to have to break this down almost into combat rounds yes?  (He's only getting one IP per CT for the most part as he's at 5 right now with his wound modifiers)
Minute 2: depends on minute one?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1324 on: <02-06-15/1807:39> »
First 60 Seconds
1.Sprint to RV
2. Take Mr. Nately's toe*
3. Dispatch Mr. and Mrs. Nately in as humane a way as possible*
4. Place toe on dashboard.
5. Re-stock cooler
6. Grab as many bags + cooler + errant weapons as Ace can handle
7. Sprint to GMC
8. Unload said bags + cooler + errant weapons
9. Comm team throughout steps 1-8

Second 60 Seconds
1. Repeat steps 6-8 of previous minute as necessary
2. Top off Lancer
3. Loot mags from gunslinger
4. Change out of wet corp-wear and into Ares Armored Survivalist wear
5. Hopefully by 120 seconds after the shooting stops, we're out of there
6. Comm team through steps 1-4

* Ace isn't going explicitly say that he's planning on killing the Natelys, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
« Last Edit: <02-06-15/1811:03> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1325 on: <02-06-15/1821:05> »
Looting ammo/consumables is a good idea. I noticed the ork had a Warhawk - I would like that ammo. I assume that while moving bodies that they will be cleaned of usable items. The owners aren't likely to come looking for them anytime soon.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1326 on: <02-06-15/1937:39> »
@Malevolence Go ahead and roll for Levitation. He needs 2 hits. This is mostly for drain purposes, but it's possible - with all his negative modifiers - that Ohanzee would need a couple attempts to get the casting right. The spell's Force also determines how quickly it moves. I recommend Force 4 to get it to the Bulldog in a timely fashion.

Go ahead and roll Heal for Wolf too.

@Tec: You don't happen to have a handy account of which damage Ohanzee has taken is from drain and which is actually healable? I can dig through the posts, but if you had it handy it'd save me some time.

4P of his damage is from Drain and thus cannot be Healed. See this post: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17816.msg318259#msg318259

Also, Ohanzee will take 2S sometime during the first ten minutes (probably around minute 9) from the makeshift stim patch that was made using the Medkit. The original 1S is from drain and I'm assuming that it doesn't suddenly become healable as a result of using the patch, but is the additional 1S healable?

Damage from the stimpatch can be addressed with a medkit if you're willing to spend the supplies on it. Drain does not suddenly become healable as a result of using the patch.

Looting ammo/consumables is a good idea. I noticed the ork had a Warhawk - I would like that ammo. I assume that while moving bodies that they will be cleaned of usable items. The owners aren't likely to come looking for them anytime soon.

The gunslinger (an elf) had the Warhawk, not the ork samurai. There are 30 rounds of normal ammo and 30 rounds of Stick-n-Shock ammo.

There's a ton of stuff scattered around. I'm going to make people be fairly explicit about what they're looking for or what they want, both because I don't want to list out every single thing available but also because I don't want to presume that you just stack it all into the Bulldog like cords of wood and drive off like some sort of demented Shadowrunner Santa.

Minute 1- Can I go get that bomb yet? if so, that's what im doing first
minute 2 and 3- Sam will do as instructed. What do our chances of climbing down to get that decker look like?

1) Yes
2) Bad. The drop-off is over 250 feet. Your best bet to retrieve the decker would be to Levitate someone down and then back up or to send a spirit to fetch it.

@tec want me to use that previous first aid (stabalize-pain med) roll for actions here, or re-roll since the situation is different?
Minute 1: First aid on those I can... I think we're going to have to break this down almost into combat rounds yes?  (He's only getting one IP per CT for the most part as he's at 5 right now with his wound modifiers)

Go ahead and keep that roll and apply it here. Full Combat Turns is too micromanage-y, and I don't want to do all the math for walking rates and everything. Let's keep it fun instead of work.

First 60 Seconds

The Natelys have suffered grievous injuries in the crash. Without medical attention, they will die within minutes. It's up to Ace whether he wants to let nature take its course or if he wants to leave marks on the body for the authorities to find.

As for the toe, the dashboard is sideways. Thus it is tricky to set anything on it.

Restocking the cooler is a good idea but its contents scattered everywhere. Ace's lineup looks good but is more likely to take 3 minutes than 2.

If Ace is frisking the gunslinger, he will find:
Ingram Smartgun X + 2 clips regular ammo + 2 clips explosive
Ruger Super Warhawk + 30 rounds of regular ammo (which Malevolence expressed an interest in) + 30 rounds Stick-n-Shock
Yamaha Raiden + 1 clip regular ammo + 2 clips explosive ammo (minus 6 rounds)

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1327 on: <02-06-15/1938:12> »
In light of the messages he'll likely be receiving from Ace, Sam will also spend as much of minute 1 as needed looting guns and ammo. AFTER grabbing the bomb, assuming I'm able.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1328 on: <02-06-15/2109:37> »

Kind of changed up my actions in my IC. I'm not sure we have 3 minutes, so I'm suggesting that we limit it to one minute, two tops, and skip most of the looting unless there is something of critical importance. I'm also leaving the scene arranging to simply planting evidence (the Nately's commlinks) on one of the corpses.

Levitate the crate (Force 4, centering) [Magic 6 + Sorcery 5 + Power Focus 2 - Wounds 4]: 9d6t5 1
Resist Drain [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 1]: 13d6t5 8
Levitate the crate (Force 4, centering) [Magic 6 + Sorcery 5 + Power Focus 2 - Wounds 4]: 9d6t5 2
Resist Drain [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 1]: 13d6t5 3
At force 4 the drain is 2S, so he takes no additional drain from the two attempts.
Heal for Wolf:
Heal Spell on Wolf (Force 6) [Spellcasting 5 + Magic 6 + PF 2 - Wounds 4]: 9d6t5 3
Resist Drain [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 1]: 13d6t5 4
Heal is F-4, so I resisted the 2S from drain.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1329 on: <02-06-15/2327:30> »

Go ahead and keep that roll and apply it here. Full Combat Turns is too micromanage-y, and I don't want to do all the math for walking rates and everything. Let's keep it fun instead of work.

Okay, how many firstaid rolls can I get in 90 seconds?  I'll do the rolls then throw an IC up.
Also, while I'm in the RV do I see Ace/Katsina cleaning up the plasma into the cooler?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1330 on: <02-07-15/1121:29> »
I don't want to presume that you just stack it all into the Bulldog like cords of wood and drive off like some sort of demented Shadowrunner Santa.

My sides.

The Natelys have suffered grievous injuries in the crash. Without medical attention, they will die within minutes. It's up to Ace whether he wants to let nature take its course or if he wants to leave marks on the body for the authorities to find.

As for the toe, the dashboard is sideways. Thus it is tricky to set anything on it.

Restocking the cooler is a good idea but its contents scattered everywhere. Ace's lineup looks good but is more likely to take 3 minutes than 2.

Ace will spend the 3 seconds to kill the Natelys.  I guess the toe is going into Mr. Nately's mouth. 

As for the cooler, ok, I guess forget about the food, but the blood packs are coming with us.  I don't know if they belong to Ace, Katsina, APB, or a yet unnamed, but regardless,  I don't think we want anybody else getting a hold of them.  Ace will try to tap the team for assistance.  Can Anybody else help with RV gear?  It'd be a perfect IC explanation about how your character knows about the blood packs.  When digging, Ace's first priority is the blood, second are the errant weapons. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #1331 on: <02-07-15/1140:10> »
Chino - astrally perceiving?

Yeah, I was setting myself up to Astrally perceive, so that next Action Pass I could take a look and make sure no one is watching us. I figured I could spot actual beings with Astral sight better than my normal vision.

Seems like we're out of combat though.

Minute 1
Wait for Doc to heal me.
Turn wireless stuff back on so I can actually communicate.
Check out the condition of our trailer and the two vehicles on it.

I think that's about all I can get within a minute.

Minute 2
Help out with anything necessary in the RV (Coolers? Other stuff? Not sure how much time that would take.)
Get to the Bulldog, because Chino is slow.
Check it out to get a feel of how it works/find keys/remove bodies.

Don't know how much more I should continue forward with, as I want it to be fairly flexible.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1332 on: <02-07-15/1232:22> »
4P of his damage is from Drain and thus cannot be Healed. See this post: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17816.msg318259#msg318259

Yeah, I've been paying for that ever since. I was actually curious if any of my Stun damage was heal-able, but it's probably better to just rest it all off anyway. I'm going to just Heal myself and not wait for Doc to hit me with the medkit.
Heal Spell on Myself (Force 6) [Spellcasting 5 + Magic 6 + PF 2 - Wounds 4]: 9d6t5 1
Of course he gets only one when he only needed 2. Well, one of two things will happen with the drain resist - I'll totally flub it and take drain even though I only need to resist 2 points, or I'll get the roll I REALLY wanted for my heal check and get like 6+ hits.
Resist Drain [WIL 6 + CHA 6 + Centering 1]: 13d6t5 5
Meh, only slightly above average (I would have happily taken average for my spellcasting roll - hell, buying hits would have been better). At least  I didn't just trade a point of physical damage for a point of stun. And, really, I'm now operating at a -3, same as I would have if I had healed both points of physical damage.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1333 on: <02-07-15/1517:23> »
Busy weekend day today but I should be able to get a more complete response up this evening.

@Zweiblumen Per the rules, first aid is a relatively fast process. You could perform First Aid on two people in the first 90 seconds, although there's not much downside to simply waiting until you're on the road in the Bulldog. 

@rednblack Ace piths Mr. and Mrs. Nately. He takes off Mr. Nately's slippers, lops off the toe, and stuffs it in the old man's mouth. Note to self not to cross Ace.

@Poindexter Please specify who you are searching for guns or what you're looking for.

@8-bit Go ahead and roll Automotive Mechanic to determine the condition of the trailer and the snowmobile and ATV.

More tonight.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1334 on: <02-07-15/1536:59> »
Updated actions from IC:
Minute 1:
1 CT - Drop the illusion, take one last look around, then turn off Astral sight. Give team one minute target for being on the road.
~5 CT - Levitate the obelisk to the Bulldog.
5+ CT - Check RV one last time. Optionally place the Nately's commlinks on one of the bodies that looks like Ace if Ohanzee already has them
1 CT - Turn off wireless. Strap in to the Bulldog.

Minute 2:
2 CT - Encourage people to finish up and get going. Heal Wolf and myself.
10+ CT - Help clean up astral signatures. Continue healing as Doc finishes first aid.

If people are searching bodies, he'll ask for the ammo from the Warhawk on the gunslinger, but he's not going to suggest any looting since he's more concerned about the clock.

Who has the Nately's comms at this point? He'll direct them to place them on one of the attackers, whichever one looks most like Ace in size/shape. If he has them, then he'll do it while he's in the RV during minute 1.