NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1305 on: <02-06-15/0018:28> »
Since the fight is basically over (unless another party shows up), I think we can make post-fight plans. I think we might be able to solve two problems here. We know (after Doc fills everybody in) that we have the local authorities and G-men closing in on our location and we have a search team looking for the Natelys. I think with a little creative arranging, we might be able to turn the poor sods that we just fought into scapegoats. If we move their bodies into the RV then the both parties find what they are looking for - the Minutemen find the Natelys (and their assumed abductors) and the local Star finds a decker with a burned out deck and symptoms of dumpshock. They might be curious about the unknown party that eliminated them, but probably not curious enough to mount a major manhunt.

Which reminds me, how have the Natelys fared? That'll have to be one of the first things we check on once the fight dies down.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1306 on: <02-06-15/1118:21> »
Which reminds me, how have the Natelys fared? That'll have to be one of the first things we check on once the fight dies down.

Ace made a promise to Junior regarding the Natelys that he has every intention of fulfilling.  If we don't want them dead, Ace will need to be convinced of that.

For this CT, I'm torn.  Want to make sure the driver is completely out of this, but with the elven decker now in the Tata, and under good cover, I'm worried s/he is going to be able to make a break for it.  I think I'll have Ace sprint to the Tata, if Katsina or Sam can take out the driver for good.

For CT 5 IP 1
Complex: Sprint
I have STR (6) + Athletics (2) + Wireless Jacks (1) - Wound Penalty (1)
Sprint Test: 9d6t5 2
Forgot the Wound Penalty in my roll. 
Wound Penalty: 1d6t5 0

Ok, so 2 hits on my Sprinting Test, and 22 M this CT.  Will Ace be able to make it to the Tata in IP 2 to stab that elven decker with his cyber spur right through the busted windshield?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1307 on: <02-06-15/1318:25> »
You won't know about the fate of the Natelys until someone checks on them. Presumably they rag-dolled during the crash.

If Ace is using his Hydraulic Jacks then his bonus is +6, not +1. Five additional dice: 1 hit

Not the greatest performance by Ace, but it's icy and slippery so it's tough. Final movement rate is 24 meters for CT5. Yes, that is enough to get him onto the hood of the Tata. The windshield is mostly gone already thanks to Sam's minigrenade.

Next
Chino - astrally perceiving?
Sam - TBD
not you
Doc
Ohanzee
not you

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1308 on: <02-06-15/1338:33> »
Thanks, Tec.  From the rule book I thought the bonus was +1 irrespective of the jack's rating.  So, Ace will try to skewer the elf next pass.  Will I need a jumping test to get on the hood?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1309 on: <02-06-15/1338:58> »
Doc will do the pain meds/quick bandage style stabalization from B&B on either Chino or Ohanzee when it's his turn.  I can do those rolls now to save time.

Firstaid/stabalize FA 6 + Log 9 + medkit 5 - wounds 2 - conditions 3 = 15: 15d6t5 4
I don't know if this counts as "combat" as nobody is currently attacking us in the RV, so I may have 2 more dice, but math says it's not likely to matter.  This IP won't make any difference, as everyone has more than 4 boxes of damage.  It's a start.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1310 on: <02-06-15/1353:48> »
I want sam to get into the GMC, push the driver out, move into his seat, and start it up. What sorta actions am i lookin at there?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1311 on: <02-06-15/1409:00> »
He's wearing a seatbelt so it's probably two IPs of action:

CT5 IP1
Simple: Open passenger-side door
Free: Enter Bulldog
Simple: Undo driver's seat belt

CT5 IP2
Simple: Open driver's side door
Simple: Push driver out
Free: Take driver's seat

The vehicle is in the process of rebooting, so there's nothing Sam can do to speed the process. It will be back online at the end of CT5.

@rednblack Ace needs 2 hits on a Jumping test to get on the hood of the Tata. Agility 9 + Gymnastics 2 + Hydraulic Jacks 6 - Wounds 1 = 16 dice

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1312 on: <02-06-15/1421:57> »
I'll go ahead and roll

Jump da hood: 16d6t5 4

That'll do. Assuming my jumping down on the elf will allow me the charge bonus?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1313 on: <02-06-15/1430:08> »
Yes, Ace will have some momentum. The charging bonus will apply.

We have the finish line in sight so we can start to fast-forward a bit. The Bulldog driver is going to submit and not resist Sam. He's more concerned about bleeding to death, which is actually a pressing concern for most of his team.

The elf in the Tata is going to hit reverse and try to get out of there. It's actually a bit of a race between the Tata, Ace, and Wolf. Ace can technically outrun the Tata while it is accelerating and catch up within a CT or two, but it's likely that Wolf will have materialized and finished the job by then. Rednblack and Malevolence, I'll let you hash it out for cinematic purposes. Wolf gets the nod by strict initiative order but Ace gets the nod for cinematic flourish.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1314 on: <02-06-15/1436:18> »
I'd like to see Wolf get this one. Ace comes down hard, cracks the pavement just in front of the Tata, much to his annoyance and keeps running. Wolf materializes next tithe driver, which freaks Ace the hell out since he hasn't actually seen Wolf at work, and then the spirit makes a quick snack of the driver. Watching that is enough to make even Ace look away. Cool with you Mal?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1315 on: <02-06-15/1439:03> »
Ace actually has the advantage anyway as he can attack next IP, Wolf has to spend a Complex Action Materializing and so can't attack until the following IP. Go ahead and take it away. Upon recognizing Ace, Wolf will back down and survey the battlefield for any remaining dangers before moving to the troll mage to finish his feast. The service is spent, so he's on his own time now.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1316 on: <02-06-15/1441:46> »
Without getting into long physics equations about the Tata's acceleration versus Ace's running rate, which varies with hits on Sprinting tests, the advantage is actually Wolf's.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1317 on: <02-06-15/1516:04> »
He's wearing a seatbelt so it's probably two IPs of action:

CT5 IP1
Simple: Open passenger-side door
Free: Enter Bulldog
Simple: Undo driver's seat belt

CT5 IP2
Simple: Open driver's side door
Simple: Push driver out
Free: Take driver's seat

The vehicle is in the process of rebooting, so there's nothing Sam can do to speed the process. It will be back online at the end of CT5.

Sam already opened the door and I'm not sure if he knows about the reboot.

Free: enter bulldog
Simple: open driver door
Simple: unhook driver seatbelt
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1318 on: <02-06-15/1604:52> »
Without getting into long physics equations about the Tata's acceleration versus Ace's running rate, which varies with hits on Sprinting tests, the advantage is actually Wolf's.
Okay, Wolf will do the honors.
CT5 IP1
Complex: Manifest
Free: Give Ace a menacing look that says "Frag off, this one is mine"

CT5 IP2
Complex: Melee Attack
Attack Decker [Agility 7 + Unarmed 6 - Wounds 3]: 10d6t5 2 [5, 1, 4, 4, 2, 4, 6, 3, 1, 1]
Free: Luxuriate in the blood and ebbing lifeforce (or, considering the low attack roll, growl in anger and frustration at the elf's dumb luck)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1319 on: <02-06-15/1723:15> »
The elf is jacked into a Rigger Command Console and is not aware of Wolf's sudden appearance. She is unable to defend herself.

Wolf's base DV is 10P -1AP, staged up to 12P via net hits.
Soaking: 6 hits

The elf takes 6P. She is now at 9P + 8S + dumpshock disorientation. She needs to make a Control Vehicle test (at -7) to avoid crashing. Her base dice pool is 8, reduced to 1 by negative modifiers.
Control Vehicle: critical glitch!

I believe that is the fourth critical glitch for the opposition.

The Tata is going to fishtail wildly on the icy asphalt while trying to drive in reverse. It's going to fail horribly and break through the barrier on the west side of the road, launching itself off the cliff and into Slaughterhouse Gulch. Hope you didn't want to take the Tata with you. Wolf may want to dematerialize.

This concludes combat! You are ALIVE!

I will IC post a summary of the finale shortly. People are encouraged to add their own color.

Here's what you know ICly:
1) The local demiGOD will inform the Aspen authorities about Doc's shenanigans. The Aspen HQ of PCC's SecForce is 7 minutes away from your current position under normal circumstances. Friday/weekend traffic may slow them down, or the use of sirens on emergency vehicles may speed them up. You are not sure how long it would take a SecForce response team to get suited up and in motion. It's possible that spirits could arrive to secure the scene as an early response force.
2) Many of the downed opposition have DocWagon bands on their wrists. A couple of these are even Platinum contracts. DocWagon's stated response time is under 10 minutes, but of course they're going to be on the scene ASAP for Platinum customers.
3) The driver of the Bulldog - a particularly small troll - is the only one still conscious. He is bleeding profusely from the neck. Without medical attention, he will pass out within a minute. After that, he will bleed out within another minute, or two at the most.

Next
While we are no longer in Initiative Passes, you are on a strict timeline.
@Everyone Please outline what you are doing in 60 second intervals for the first few minutes. After that? We'll go on a minute-by-minute basis to see if you have company or not.

Katsina
Minute 1: Remove bodies from the Bulldog (gunslinger, unconscious troll, the mage that Wolf ate)
Minute 2: Perform a cursory cleaning of the Bulldog so that no one has to sit in pools of blood
Minute 3: Continue cleaning and astrally wipe the scene