NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1200 on: <02-02-15/1231:31> »
Alright, reloading it is.  Can Ace palm the dropped mag when he inserts the new?

Sure.

Don't forget to roll Initiative for CT4.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1201 on: <02-02-15/1236:20> »
Doc: Mark on the Human Logic(9)+Hacking(6)+VR(2)-Wounds(2) = 15: 15d6t5 5 (limit 8 )
If he knows they are in a hurry:
Free: tell agent turn off the bulldog engine
Agent: Agent control device rating 6x2+2 + vr 2 = 16: 16d6t5 3 (limit 4)

Who is the "human" that Doc wants to mark?

Doc can see the icon of the Bulldog beginning to move. I'm guessing he would tell the agent to Control Device so I'll roll against that while we figure out who Doc is trying to mark.

Bulldog resist: 1 hit

The agent kills the engine and the Bulldog begins to coast. It only made it about 10 meters but it is still moving while it drifts to a stop.

The rest of Ace's action's will depend on what he can see while prone

Ace can't see much. He can see the Bulldog beginning to move and he can see a guy in the back hosing down the area with suppressive fire. He can see the dirt and snow in front of his face. Hiding from the 6-hit suppressive fire and reloading is likely the best use of the IP. If there's something specific you wanted to know if you could see, let me know.

Next
Figuring out who Doc was trying to mark
Everyone else, roll Initiative

Doh, that was the third mark on the Bulldog.  Was doing that from my phone this morning, and screwed up the orokos field :(  Numbers are right though.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1202 on: <02-02-15/1246:08> »
Initiative: 6+2d6 15

ETA: has the troll with the shotgun started to flee yet?  I went to update IC, and realized I'm a little confused as to what Ace has seen, or what he knows about what's going on.  Will we get a GM IC update before CT 4 starts?
« Last Edit: <02-02-15/1252:29> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1203 on: <02-02-15/1255:04> »
Initiative: 2d6+9 16

so 15 if im still under composure penalty.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1204 on: <02-02-15/1258:03> »
Resist third mark: 2 hits

Doc gets his third mark.

The troll in the Bulldog, under the influence of Fear, slams the door shut and hopes that the Bulldog can make a quick getaway. Doesn't look like that's working out for him too well yet.

Sam's under his last IP of the Composure penalty. It will be gone after CT4 IP1.

Katsina: 13

@Zweiblumen It's unlikely anyone will beat the Initiative scores for Doc or the Agent. Go ahead and take CT4 IP1 while 8-bit and Malevolence are rolling Initiative.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1205 on: <02-02-15/1308:39> »
As the agent is going before me next CT, is there *any* chance it's smart enough to apply the breaks as it's first action?

Also, I just read this:
Quote from: CRB p. 265 Being the Machine
CONTROL OvERRIDE
A device can only be controlled one way at a time. You can’t, for example, have a person manually firing a tur- ret at the same time you’re firing the same turret to get extra shots. Some control methods can be overridden by other methods, and the highest in this order controls the device. At the top of the order is rigger control, fol- lowed by remote control, then manual control, and lastly autopilot. You can override someone else’s control on a device by using a method that comes in higher on that list, so if you issue a command through a control rig, at- tempts to maneuver at the same time using a remote control or manual control will be overridden. Once a de- vice’s control is overridden, it cannot be controlled by a method equal to or lower than it in the order until the Initiative Pass after the current controller relinquishes control (voluntarily ... or not).
(wow, wierd cut and paste... oh well)

Does that mean that while I'm Remote controlling the device, the person at the manual controls can't override that?  For example, can I have the agent control device to apply the brakes and it essentially immobilizes the car?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1206 on: <02-02-15/1313:00> »
What windows of the Bulldog are still intact?  Also, how to lasers interact with windows?

Did the elf make her way to the Tata last IP?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #1207 on: <02-02-15/1323:47> »
Initiative (Intuition 3 + Reaction 6 - Wounds 3 + 2d6): 6+2d6 14 [2, 6]

That's my initiative for the next CT.

Also, did I somehow destroy a spirit while I had no internet access? Presumably it didn't blow up on me, but I don't see any indication of it in IC. I would post some details in IC, but I'm not sure which spirit I disrupted.

IC coming up soon.
« Last Edit: <02-02-15/1330:00> by 8-bit »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1208 on: <02-02-15/1348:41> »
Quick question (and we might have asked this before): does OS accumulate to the persona or to the deck? With all the Matrix activity going on, it seems relevant about now.

Initiative:
Wolf:
Initiative: 2d6+12-3 16
Ohanzee:
Initiative: 1d6+7-4 8
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1209 on: <02-02-15/1357:21> »
Good point Mal. OS is applied to the Persona, but Agents apply their OS to their owner.  Sprites get their own OS.
IIRC, I did a reboot after the minuteman encounter.  It's been 3 full CTs, and while honestly most of the defense rolls have been pretty low we are probably getting close!
Doc isn't running baby monitor right now, so he should probably check!
« Last Edit: <02-02-15/1401:54> by Zweiblumen »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1210 on: <02-02-15/1534:43> »
As the agent is going before me next CT, is there *any* chance it's smart enough to apply the breaks as it's first action?

Yes, Free Actions are not bound by initiative order. Have Doc use his Free Action first to instruct the Agent to apply the brakes and it will.

Does that mean that while I'm Remote controlling the device, the person at the manual controls can't override that?  For example, can I have the agent control device to apply the brakes and it essentially immobilizes the car?

Correct. Doc has control of the car until the driver reboots it. The driver cannot override Doc's controls until then.

What windows of the Bulldog are still intact?  Also, how to lasers interact with windows?

The windshield, rear windows, and left side of the Bulldog are still intact. The windows on the right side are the ones that have been blown out. The Bulldog has two doors to the rear that open from the center. The gunslinger is taking shelter behind the closed door while firing (suppressive fire) out of the open door. If Doc's Agent hits the brakes, the open door will likely swing shut due to the change in momentum.

Lasers cut through glass like butter.

Did the elf make her way to the Tata last IP?

She is just now at the Tata's driver-side door. She has not opened the door yet.

Also, did I somehow destroy a spirit while I had no internet access? Presumably it didn't blow up on me, but I don't see any indication of it in IC. I would post some details in IC, but I'm not sure which spirit I disrupted.

Yes, you did. The fire spirit attacking Katsina on the astral crit glitched. I ruled that it materialized without its energy aura power. Chino promptly smashed it into confetti. You're right that it didn't make it into an IC post yet. Feel free to include a gratuitous destruction of a naked spirit in your IC post.

Initiative order and new mini-map are coming up next.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1211 on: <02-02-15/1540:55> »

*|     || [G] |*
          *|     || [M] |*
          *|     ||     |*    /RV/S <----- S is for Sam
          *|     ||     |* A /RV/ <----- A is for Ace
          *|     ||     |*  /RV/
          *|     ||     |* /RV/
     Wolf *|     ||     |*[ATV] <----- Snowmobile / ATV / Gas Grenade)
(cliff)   *|     ||     |*
          *|     ||E[T]T|* <----- E for Elf, T for Troll
          *|     || [H] |*

CT4 IP1
Doc's Agent24
Doc22
not you17
Wolf16
Sam16
Ace15
not you14
Chino14
Katsina13
not you9
Ohanzee8
not you6
not you5
« Last Edit: <02-02-15/1805:58> by Tecumseh »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1212 on: <02-02-15/1603:24> »
Sams init should be 15 rather than 16. not sure it matters, but figured id mention it.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1213 on: <02-02-15/1603:53> »
Cool.  Here we go with CT4! (and I've 3 marks on the van)
Programs: Agent; Decryption; Encryption; Mugger
A: 7(8 ) S: 4 D: 6 F: 5(6)

CT4 IP1:
Doc:
Free Action: Tell Agent to hit the breaks!
Agent:
Simple Action: Agent Control Device (apply breaks) Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16: 11d6t5 3 (limit 4)
Simple Action: Agent Control Device (open windows) Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls + VR 2 = 16: 16d6t5 4 (limit 4)
Doc:
Complex Action: Check Overwatch Score (EW 6 + Logic 9 + VR 2 - Wounds 2 = 15): 15d6t5 1 (limit 4)

Well, not likely to know what my OS is :(  So much for being a wunderkind.  Oh, at least I mis-rolled the first control device... here's 5 more dice for that one opps 5 dice: 5d6t5 0

So I've pissed off orokos or something... 47 dice, 8 hits... that's under half the statistical average.  (Tec, you have the formulas for those odds just known or do you use a tool for that?  My math isn't that great ;p)

I guess I should just be happy that none of those were glitches, and move on to the next IP!
« Last Edit: <02-02-15/1610:20> by Zweiblumen »

8-bit

« Reply #1214 on: <02-02-15/1629:43> »
All right, I'll get an IC up with the spirit and helping Ohanzee out of the harness (or at least breaking it).