NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1185 on: <01-31-15/0255:15> »
3 round burst at the ork: 13d6t5 10

HOLY FAJOLY!!! Accuracy is only 8, so , wow.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1186 on: <01-31-15/1329:47> »
This is going to sting.

The ork is on Full Defense, much good may it do him.

Reaction + Intuition + Full Defense - Wound Modifiers - Short Burst: 3 hits

Base damage is 9P -6AP with APDS, staged up to 14P with net hits.

Soaking: 3 hits

The damage exceeds his modified armor rating so it is Physical instead of Stun. Damage is 11P, staged down to 10P due to platelet factories. Combined with the 4P from Ace's earlier laser shot to the back, the ork is now at 14P and is into Overflow. He is KO'd and will bleed out without medical attention.

Next
Bulldog driver + Chino
Katsina + Gunslinger

I'll get these up when I can but it might not be until later today. @Poindexter Go ahead and IC post your perforation of the ork samurai.

8-bit

« Reply #1187 on: <01-31-15/1531:44> »
Sorry for being MIA everyone. We lost power on Monday, and it didn't come back until Wednesday. Internet didn't come back until early on Friday, which I spent catching up on a ton of school work. 17 hours of that kind of fried my brain, so I'm not getting back until now. I'll spend the weekend catching back up on all the OOC and IC of my various PbPs.

Hopefully my absence didn't cause any problems.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1188 on: <01-31-15/1621:19> »
Cool, welcome back. Glad to hear it was a utilities problem rather than something more serious.

Action is to Chino and the driver of the Bulldog. The driver, seeing the ork samurai go down, is going to hit the gas and try to get out of there.

Chino sees Ohazee on the ground, trapped by his harness. Chino can easily break him free using Smashing Blow. If he doesn't, Katsina will cut Ohazee free with her claymore.

Katsina was very alarmed by the approach of the ork. Now that Sam has cut him down (which both Chino and Katsina would be able to see, as it happened directly in front of the RV's missing windshield), her course of action is less clear.

Katsina is holding her claymore in her left hand (thank you Increase Strength) and a throwing knife in her right. When Chino sees the throwing knife, he remembers that he has Throwing Weapons 3.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1189 on: <01-31-15/2346:24> »
IC post up.

Sorry it took so long.

I quit one of my jobs today.

Fuck that restaurant.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1190 on: <02-01-15/0114:47> »
No worries on the delay. It wasn't holding anything up. A quick reminder to keep Free Action communication relatively short. Sam's comm is closer to 3 Free Actions' worth.

8-bit is catching up. I'll give him through tomorrow to figure out what he might want to do. (I presume many of us will be busy with the Super Bowl anyway.) He will have to weigh how badly he wants immediate healing versus waiting for First Aid first then magical healing second to maximize the number of boxes healed.

As previously stated, the Bulldog driver acts simultaneously with Chino. The driver will be hitting the gas to escape.

The gunslinger that shot Ace will act simultaneously with Katsina. Then it's Ace's turn.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1191 on: <02-01-15/0146:36> »
Bah. Somehow I had it in my head that it was the other way around. Yeah, Chino might either want to wait for Doc or just fire up the medkit on auto.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #1192 on: <02-02-15/0119:00> »
I'll get IC stuff and etc. up tomorrow, but after looking back over everything, it seems clear to me that Chino would help Ohanzee out of his harness. He's obviously struggling with it and needs some help.

The question is, do I need to use Smashing Blow for that or can I just sort of unbuckle/tear it apart? I ask, only because Smashing Blow implies an attack, and I would rather not risk the chance of missing the harness and punching Ohanzee. Which, in his current condition, would likely kill him.

Also, added the Throwing Weapons Skill to the list.
« Last Edit: <02-02-15/0120:44> by 8-bit »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1193 on: <02-02-15/0221:01> »
The seatbelt harness is jammed and needs to be broken to free Ohanzee. It's a stationary object and doesn't get a defense test. Chino can smash it easily without needing to roll.

Gunslinger
The man who shot at Ace with an assault rifle is crouched in the back of the Bulldog. He's going to lay down suppressive fire to cover their escape. The firing cone will be centered on Ace.
Suppressive fire: 6 hits

@rednblack Ace can either roll Reaction + Edge to dodge the 6 hits or he can use his Free Action to go prone. Presuming he drops prone, he will be at a -6 modifier until the end of the Combat Turn while the suppressive fire continues.

Katsina
Katsina's a bit directionless at the moment. Sam took out her intended target and Chino is freeing Ohanzee. She can hear the Bulldog trying to get away and the suppressive fire too but she's not in a great position to affect either of those things. Sam's explosive device is still a concern but at least he's distracted for a moment.

Katsina will:
Simple: Sheathe Claymore (Iaijutsu)
Simple: Pick up Ohanzee (saving him the dice roll for Stand Up since he's wounded)
Free: Speak

With her current Strength of 7, her baseline Lift weight is 7 * 15kg = 95kg. That's double what Ohanzee weighs so no test needed.

I'll post for her ICly once 8-bit gets his post up. She's technically still holding a throwing knife but I figure she can palm it while picking up Ohanzee.

Next
@rednblack Ace!
@Zweiblumen Doc and his Agent will be up shortly after for CT3 IP3, so get those actions ready.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1194 on: <02-02-15/0322:53> »
I think Doc is our best bet now for stopping the Bulldog. Any one of us can message him as a free action to let him know assuming he isn't already aware from what he can see in the matrix.

Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1195 on: <02-02-15/1009:56> »
I think Doc is our best bet now for stopping the Bulldog. Any one of us can message him as a free action to let him know assuming he isn't already aware from what he can see in the matrix.

Sam sent a message to the whole team.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1196 on: <02-02-15/1011:16> »
He's already started marking the bulldog, it's his current target.  I'm not sure how much info is getting to him, if he can tell its actively trying to escape or not.

CT3 IP3:
Doc: Mark on the Human Logic(9)+Hacking(6)+VR(2)-Wounds(2) = 15: 15d6t5 5 (limit 8 )
If he knows they are in a hurry:
Free: tell agent turn off the bulldog engine
Agent: Agent control device rating 6x2+2 + vr 2 = 16: 16d6t5 3 (limit 4)

Otherwise I'll roll again for marking another gun on the ork and use that roll for ejecting the clip.

Init:
Agent's Initiative 11+4d6: 4d6+11 24
Doc's Initiative 4d6+10: 4d6+10 22

I think doc is going to need to start getting more info on the real world soon to make better decisions. Or people getting him more info.

Sam sent a message to the whole team.

Or this :p
« Last Edit: <02-02-15/1012:58> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1197 on: <02-02-15/1013:12> »
Free Action: Drop Prone

The rest of Ace's action's will depend on what he can see while prone, though it will probably be:
Simple: Drop mag
Simple: reload Lancer.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1198 on: <02-02-15/1213:44> »
Doc: Mark on the Human Logic(9)+Hacking(6)+VR(2)-Wounds(2) = 15: 15d6t5 5 (limit 8 )
If he knows they are in a hurry:
Free: tell agent turn off the bulldog engine
Agent: Agent control device rating 6x2+2 + vr 2 = 16: 16d6t5 3 (limit 4)

Who is the "human" that Doc wants to mark?

Doc can see the icon of the Bulldog beginning to move. I'm guessing he would tell the agent to Control Device so I'll roll against that while we figure out who Doc is trying to mark.

Bulldog resist: 1 hit

The agent kills the engine and the Bulldog begins to coast. It only made it about 10 meters but it is still moving while it drifts to a stop.

The rest of Ace's action's will depend on what he can see while prone

Ace can't see much. He can see the Bulldog beginning to move and he can see a guy in the back hosing down the area with suppressive fire. He can see the dirt and snow in front of his face. Hiding from the 6-hit suppressive fire and reloading is likely the best use of the IP. If there's something specific you wanted to know if you could see, let me know.

Next
Figuring out who Doc was trying to mark
Everyone else, roll Initiative

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1199 on: <02-02-15/1229:31> »
Alright, reloading it is.  Can Ace palm the dropped mag when he inserts the new?

So that makes:
Free: Drop Prone
Simple: Drop mag
Simple: Load Laner
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal