NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1140 on: <01-28-15/1933:48> »
I don't think Sam would find supporting a team mate in a firefight to be "wrong" even if it aint exactly what he'd prefer to be doing at the moment.

Right now Ace is glad for the support, but it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out when/if he finds out it came from mental manipulation magic. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1141 on: <01-28-15/1947:04> »
Right now Ace is glad for the support, but it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out when/if he finds out it came from mental manipulation magic.
Ohanzee's horrible at keeping secrets. He's very likely the only character that doesn't have any at the moment. It's a disadvantage he's not fond of, so he does intend to work on his ability to keep them going forward.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1142 on: <01-28-15/2002:23> »
Doc has mearly a miniscule hint to his past, outside of that (disturbing) bit of info he's secret free at this point.  That said, he's been estranged from the blue team with his shinanagins the first night and isn't trusted by the red team.  *And* he's the only matrix monkey around.

So, while having no secrets, it's obvious nobody trusts him :P
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1143 on: <01-28-15/2011:43> »
Doc has mearly a miniscule hint to his past, outside of that (disturbing) bit of info he's secret free at this point.  That said, he's been estranged from the blue team with his shinanagins the first night and isn't trusted by the red team.  *And* he's the only matrix monkey around.

So, while having no secrets, it's obvious nobody trusts him :P

To be fair, Ace doesn't know about those shenanigans, and he's mostly worried that Doc'll hack his ware when blue team decides to geek red team. 

But Ace has come clean.  He just wasn't very impressed with the lack of secret sharing that followed, so he's a little weary of blue team as a result of that.  I think Ace trusts Katsina more than rnb does.  As cybered up as he is, he still really wants to trust somebody.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1144 on: <01-28-15/2038:37> »
Ohanzee's horrible at keeping secrets. He's very likely the only character that doesn't have any at the moment. It's a disadvantage he's not fond of, so he does intend to work on his ability to keep them going forward.

Sam also knows nothing he hasn't shared with the group, a policy he's considering changing quite soon.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1145 on: <01-28-15/2040:40> »
[...]
But Ace has come clean.  He just wasn't very impressed with the lack of secret sharing that followed, so he's a little weary of blue team as a result of that.
[...]

Yeah, Doc had nothing else to share!
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1146 on: <01-28-15/2044:20> »
You have no idea how envious Sam is of Ace for having some idea who he was and where he came from.
I know I'm a troll. I'm a russian. I'm a gun smuggler. THE END.
« Last Edit: <01-28-15/2045:53> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1147 on: <01-28-15/2045:20> »
[...]
But Ace has come clean.  He just wasn't very impressed with the lack of secret sharing that followed, so he's a little weary of blue team as a result of that.
[...]

Yeah, Doc had nothing else to share!

I totally buy that, and for most of the rest if the group as well. Ace, not so much.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1148 on: <01-29-15/0139:50> »
Sam has shared what he knows with Blue Team (re: the Johnson, Mom) but not Red Team.

Many of you have Contacts that you have not reached out to for one reason or another. If you want to figure out who you were, maybe you should talk to someone who knows.

Next actions
Ace is going to run around the RV and get ambushed by one of the guys in the Bulldog who was holding an action, waiting for Ace to follow. Both the man and Ace rolled for Surprise; neither were surprised. They can act against each other freely. The man's actions and Ace's actions are simultaneous.

Shooting Ace with a Short Burst: 5 hits
@rednblack Dodge 5, +2 running +4 Combat Sense - 2 short burst
If you don't dodge, base DV is 11P -2AP + net hits.

Ace is next. I've given rednblack the option of continuing to shoot the driver or to switch targets to the man with the assault rifle instead.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #1149 on: <01-29-15/0233:20> »
Many of you have Contacts that you have not reached out to for one reason or another. If you want to figure out who you were, maybe you should talk to someone who knows.
We're getting there. I think we've exhausted our contacts in Aspen, and, if not, our welcome. I think the current plan is to head to Denver (the City of Three Nations) and try our luck there, so we'll be looking into those contacts once we have half a chance to breathe.

Sam has shared what he knows with Blue Team (re: the Johnson, Mom) but not Red Team.
Off the top of my head, here are the secrets being kept:
OOC knowledge (Ohanzee may or may not know)
Ace + Katsina: Their apartment
Katsina: Her use of Influence on at least Ohanzee prior to the amnesia
Sam: As Tec mentioned, the Johnson and Mom
Doc: I am not aware of any at this point, though an argument could be made for Ace and Katsina's earlier shenanigans at their apartment but it's more likely an oversight.

IC Knowledge
Ace + Katsina: He's about to spot the blood bags and will then wonder where they got them and why they didn't mention them before when he specifically asked about medical equipment that might indicate treatment for the unknown illness
Sam: He knows about the Johnson and Mom, and he has let slip info about it in conversations that Red team could pick up on (not intentionally - like I said, he's bad at secrets)
Doc: Again, none that I'm aware of

Stuff I don't know
All: Not sure because I don't know it. I suspect (as a player) that there have been private messages with information that each player could elect to share or not. I have shared all of mine (honest!), but I have my suspicions that others have not. I'm not calling people out - if you aren't ready to share it with the characters, then it makes it easier for us to separate IC vs. OOC knowledge if you don't share it with the players - keep doing what you're doing. I'm just saying that I see secrets everywhere, which is awesome for a presumably cooperative game. It's like a psychology experiment or game theory - we should be helping each other (showing all of our cards improves our odds of success), but even as players we are being cautious, just like our characters would likely be.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1150 on: <01-29-15/0823:44> »
If you don't dodge, base DV is 11P -2AP + net hits.

Ace is next. I've given rednblack the option of continuing to shoot the driver or to switch targets to the man with the assault rifle instead.

Where does "Dodge 5" come from?

I have REA(4) + INT(3) + Running(2) + Combat Sense(4) - Short Burst(2) = 11.  Well, it looks like I might be spending that last point of edge.

Defense against guy w/assault rifle: 11d6t5 3

If the Dodge 5 is correct then,

Dodge 5: 5d6t5 3

Ok, in that case, I'm good.  If I don't have the above 5 dice, though, I am spending Ace's last edge. 

Edge Defense pool: 8d6t5 2

Grazing hit.  I think Ace will redirect fire at the guy with the assault rifle.

ETA: I'll post IC when I know if Ace hits or not.
« Last Edit: <01-29-15/1057:30> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1151 on: <01-29-15/1247:54> »

Where does "Dodge 5" come from?

"Dodge" is the imperative verb, not a noun. As in "Dodge 5 [hits]". Which Ace does, with the help of Edge. Grazing hit. Katsina's fine tailoring gets a nick in it but Ace is unharmed.

Per his request, Ace will redirect his previously rolled shot against the new shooter.

I have: AGI (9) + Laser (6) + Take Aim (1) - Wound Penalty (1) - Running (2) = 13

pew pew v. driver: 13d6t5 5

Base Damage is 7P -10AP

Laser rifle is at 2/10 ammo-wise.

Shooter dodge with Good Cover: 5 hits, a grazing shot, no damage

Troll in Bulldog
Ace sees a troll inside the Bulldog positioning himself to take a shot on Ace. The man is grabbing a shotgun and lining up to shoot out of the open passenger-side sliding door. He does not have enough actions to shoot at Ace this IP, but his presence is enough to make Ace wonder if:
1) leaving cover was a good idea;
2) jumping into a Bulldog with a troll with a shotgun, a guy with an assault rifle, and the driver is still a good idea; and,
3) reloading may be a good idea.

Elven decker
Out of the corner of his eye, Ace can see the elven decker continuing to stagger toward the Tata. She's moving very slowly but will probably get there next Combat Turn (CT4).

Troll on the ground next to the Tata
Only Sam can see what the troll is up to, and even then he's only got an oblique view since the troll is prone. Looks like some handwaving magical bulldrek, but it doesn't involve anymore fireballs flying at Sam.
Troll: ??
More troll: ??

Next
Ohanzee, then back to the top of the order

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1152 on: <01-29-15/1359:36> »
@Tec, thanks for the clarification.  If Ace backs up with his next movement phase, will he be out of LOS for the passengers in the Bulldog, or will they get shots off before he has an opportunity to do so?  I realize that they can follow me out, of course.

@Mal, the laser rifle was PMed to me a few days after Ace checked the apartment, or that would've been covered in IC, but that's where it came from.  I was hoping we'd get a few minutes in the RV to catch everyone up, but that's not quite how things worked out.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1153 on: <01-29-15/1410:51> »
The initiative order goes:
Wolf
Sam
Assault Rifle
Ace
Shotgun

So the assault rifle will definitely get a shot off. Shotgun is a maybe depending on what exact movement Ace makes. Turning and running may get Ace shot in the back. Something more creative, like jumping and and reentering the RV through a window that's now on the roof, might get Ace to safety before Shotgun can act.

Or Wolf's or Sam's action could change the initiative order. Of course, Sam and the ork samurai are on course to clothesline each other, which could disrupt things and leave Ace by himself.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1154 on: <01-29-15/1528:50> »
Sams intention right now is to come round that corner, using it as cover and fire at the driver of the gmc.

Is the fleeing ork gonna obstruct that action in any way?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english